Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye (51826 Views)

NURTW Crisis: Soldiers, Policemen Storm Agbado As MC Oluomo, Istijabah Draw Line / Armed Policemen Storm Joi Nunieh’s Residence (Photo) / Soldiers, Policemen Storm Sahara Reporters’ Lagos Office - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by enemyofprogress: 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2019
Dino is politically finished. No campaign for reelection. Money finish him eye go clear and he will be abandoned by friends and family members
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by BluntBoy(m): 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2019
Yankee101:

Precedence has several cases happening in states being handled in Abuja. From terrorism to kidnapping or even efcc/dss

So precedence, rather than law, is your concern?

Is it legal to try someone in the jurisdiction where he committed the crime? The answer is YES.

Precedence has no weight here except it has become a law.

As long as the police are not breaking any law, I don't know why it should bother you.

2 Likes

Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by jayson87: 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2019
AmazonGhost:
My neighbour asked me who is dino melaye
I answered: He is a known recognized Nigerian Actor whom Nollywood refuses to give an award. grin grin grin
Help us please.. but who is the senator representing your own federal constituency
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by enemyofprogress: 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2019
sweerychick:
I don't know why I feel no pity for Dino.. he was part of the propaganda that brought in PMB.. so he should face the consequences..
me too, if dem like make dem kill am chop e no concern me
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by xpool(m): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2019
sweerychick:
I don't know why I feel no pity for Dino.. he was part of the propaganda that brought in PMB.. so he should face the consequences..
Exactly.
By this time in 2015, he was jumping alante with tinubu and buhari
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by Yankee101: 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2019
BluntBoy:

So precedence, rather than law, is your concern?

Is it legal to try someone in the jurisdiction where he committed the crime? The answer is YES.

Precedence has no weight here except it has become a law.

As long as the police are not breaking any law, I don't know why it should bother you.

Precedence is as good as law. You can appeal if your case diverges from precedence. You can win an appeal based on precedence

1 Like

Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by Beedude(m): 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2019
Yankee101:

Ever heard of precedence?

Several crimes committed at the state levels are currently being tried in Abuja.
But why he dey run away from his father land. Yoruba dey say 'Ile baba omo ki n ba omo leru' meaning 'A child shouldn't be scared of going to his Father's house'. To put it straight . I feel no pity to any politician either APC or PDP. They all have innocent bloods on their hands and God will judge dem accordingly
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2019
BluntBoy:

Stop this nonsense.

GEJ was not a gentleman. At least, we are not all forgetful like you.

We remember that morning when soldiers seized newspaper vans.

We remember how they stoned APC members in Okrika without any arrests made.

We remember 2014 Osun election when GEJ sent thousands of security personnel to Osun. APC members like Lai Mohammed were arrested by DSS.

We remember the military-style raiding of APC data room in Lagos.

We remember the victimization of APC members and supporters in Ekiti which saw Fayose win without stress.

Ok! At least he was a gentleman to Dino. Dino enjoy the change.
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by gotnel: 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2019
We have to wait for police to confirm their responsibilities for Dino movements.
It could be from Dino's camp. Dino is capable of anything.
For those who are calling police names on this Dino deal, it's unfortunate that we always read political meaning to everything that happened around elections period.
A distinguished senator has been invited by his own State police command, and he feels not safe to honour the invitation.
For 5 months running, Dino could not arrange to meet with kogi state police command.
Now, police is taking action and we are making gest around.
Dino will not die, Dino will not suffer unjustly and Dino only need to be mature enough.
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by abbasajao(m): 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2019
AmazonGhost:
My neighbour asked me who is dino melaye
I answered: He is a known recognized Nigerian Actor whom Nollywood refuses to give an award. grin grin grin

Tautology
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by Mopolchi: 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2019
tongue
Lumig:
Good what? You have no where to run until I whip your yansh
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by Iziquiel(m): 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2019
Yankee101:

Of course the case has started and several motions filed

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/267228-court-orders-police-to-move-dino-melaye-to-abuja-hospital.html
Court orders police to move Dino Melaye to Abuja hospital
I just went through the link you provided and there was nothing like Dino's Lawyer filing any application for his case to be transferred to a court in Abuja, what you have there is the trial judge directing the NPF to transfer Dino to The Abuja General Hospital for proper treatment which is totally different from what we are talking about right now. Remember, you said the case should be heard in Abuja while I said it has to be Kogi State before any motion for transfer can be pushed?
Secondly, the case which the trial judge directed the NPF to take Dino to Abj for proper treatment is different from the present one that he is being dragged around at the moment. One is on criminal conspiracy while the other is his involvement in the shooting of a Police officer.
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by ChidiAlaigbo: 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2019
Rigel95:

On his behalf and that of his family and other intelligent people on here, I reject it.

Your statement will be for me and my family only. Amen!

Amen!
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by BabaAduras: 6:04pm On Jan 11, 2019
SolelySolar:
Say no to Tyranny!

Say No To Tyranny!!

SAY NO TO TYRANNY!!!

injustice To One is Injustice To All.

Its Dino Today, it might be anyone of us Tomorrow.

Irrespective of position, anybody that commits offence should be made to prove themself at the court of law. When did facing court of law becomes TYRANNICAL?

When a Senator that is supposed to make and defend law is running away from facing a court of law where he can prove his innocence or otherwise, and you call his arrest an act of tyranny, you need to get yourself a brain.
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by Akiika: 6:05pm On Jan 11, 2019
Why would policemen mask into their own clinic? What's with the needless sensationalization of the story? Which one be commando style? Una Nairaland folks dey kolo! They took his lily-livered a$$ to Kogi to answer to his crimes, shikena! Na there e go do em own campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by BluntBoy(m): 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
Yankee101:

Precedence is as good as law. You can appeal if your case diverges from precedence. You can win an appeal based on precedence

Precedence can become law but ordinarily, it is not law.

1 Like

Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by Bigcake: 6:10pm On Jan 11, 2019
SolelySolar:
Say no to Tyranny!
Say No To Tyranny!!
SAY NO TO TYRANNY!!!
Its Dino Today, it might be anyone of us Tomorrow .
Shut up jor.... who brought Buhari to power?
Let him face the music.
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by jrusky(m): 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2019
But what is the meaning of all these Why is Buhari so brutal like these pls why And I remember this guy raised the alarm the police want to inject him so is this the end of Melaye or what this is so bad.

Buhari and his family will one day pay for all his sins because why all these brutal political game why pls ehy
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by preselect(m): 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2019
famousbowale:
Now that's karma,
I'm totally against this inhuman treatment of a Nigeria by law enforcement agencies that are suppose to be upholding justice.
But be that as it may, this dude truly deserves every evil treatment
coming his way.
The hatred he has for Goodluck was unnecessary.
Freedom of speech is true democracy.
Jonathan for me still remain one of the best president we have seen.
I.ve always said, nigerians dont deserve good governance and would not get any. Under GEJ this man abused the president and helped to lea nigerians to misconstrue GEJ's silence for weakness. Well, He is getting what he deserves. Meanwhile Nigerians are clapping for policemen, who run away from armed criminals, came to abuse him, nigerians clap for soldiers, who run away from boko haram, kill unarmed civilians in kaduna, abuja, or aba. This is what this generation deserves and it is what they will get.
next please undecided

2 Likes

Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by AnanseK(m): 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2019
No sentiments no emotions, when you’re suspected of a crime, the least you can do is go through the process of law and order. All this hide and seek is unnecessary
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by AnanseK(m): 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2019
Sorry oo Dino! Pele! They said you were jumping from tree to tree.

Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by ikorodureporta: 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2019
D guy sef no like him self
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by Yankee101: 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2019
BluntBoy:

Precedence can become law but ordinarily, it is not law.

I think the term 'as good as' sums it up

Judges, lawyers and the legal profession base cases and judgements around precedence.

When you go to law school you study 'cases' these are one precedent after another. The general practice of yesterday becomes the norm today, hence it enjoys the same quality as law, infact legislation is built by looking at best practises worldwide and adopted as law.
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by Yankee101: 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2019
Iziquiel:

I just went through the link you provided and there was nothing like Dino's Lawyer filing any application for his case to be transferred to a court in Abuja, what you have there is the trial judge directing the NPF to transfer Dino to The Abuja General Hospital for proper treatment which is totally different from what we are talking about right now. Remember, you said the case should be heard in Abuja while I said it has to be Kogi State before any motion for transfer can be pushed?
Secondly, the case which the trial judge directed the NPF to take Dino to Abj for proper treatment is different from the present one that he is being dragged around at the moment. One is on criminal conspiracy while the other is his involvement in the shooting of a Police officer.

Oga, you said the case has not commenced

1. I showed you it has

You said it's not been filed to be referred, and I'm telling you it has.

You didn't even know it has commenced.
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by FantasticJ: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2019
SolelySolar:
Say no to Tyranny!

Say No To Tyranny!!

SAY NO TO TYRANNY!!!

Yes, if you use your community funds to buy cars and spend the rest on slay queens.
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by asmovic(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2019
SolelySolar:
Say no to Tyranny!

Say No To Tyranny!!

SAY NO TO TYRANNY!!!

any of who? am i occupying his seat? do i divert public funds to private use? was i given money to develop my constituency and i sat on it? do i abuse the government? do i go about with thugs shooting indiscriminately? etc
so why will it be me? let him go and face the law.
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by kayodegsm: 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2019
APC,stop this tyranny in Jesus Name!!!!!!!
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by Basher8583: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2019
SolelySolar:
Say no to Tyranny!

Say No To Tyranny!!

SAY NO TO TYRANNY!!!

Then make sure you dont run your mouth shamelessly. You do anyhow you see anyhow

1 Like

Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by eraankusam07(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2019
Upon This Story No Photos?
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by dareadewuyi: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2019
End of Scene 1, Funke Akindele, Action !.
Re: Masked Policemen Storm Clinic, Evacuate Dino Melaye by dareadewuyi: 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2019
'Ewon straiiiiiiiiiight!, ' E'yeye'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Releases N388Billion To 17 States (See Full List) / Throwback Photo Of Osinbajo With Tunde Fowler / DSS Warns Against Public Display Of Affluence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.