Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Ten Questions I Have For Christians - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Questions I Have For Christians (17307 Views)

Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Ten Questions For Atheists And Agnostics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Define "Intelligent"
According to Merriam-Webster, "intelligent" means "having or showing the ability to easily learn or understand things or to deal with new or difficult situations." What are you driving at?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by bobowaja(m): 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
Atewo400:

@ bobowaja am laughing oo
Pls laugh o. It is allowed grin grin
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
gensteejay:

According to Merriam-Webster, "intelligent" means "having or showing the ability to easily learn or understand things or to deal with new or difficult situations." What are you driving at?
Will you agree with me that your "creator" god is an omniscient, omnipotent being? Is he meant to be flawless?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
hahn:

If Christians have a certain standard then why are there over 30,000 different Christian denominations with all of you disagreeing on a lot of issues?

Why do members of RCCG consider Jehovah's witnesses to be not real Christians? (This can be found across a lot of denominations)

Why is it difficult for Christians to agree on certain Christian practices?

Why are there so much Christian pastors sleeping and impregnating their church members?

Why are there so many corrupt Christian politicians?

Why are there so many Christians on the front page committing different forms of crimes and blaming the devil?

For a religion that claims a "standard" your standards are very low and full of mediocrity.

Despite the fact that we have at least a church on every street we are still the poverty capital of the world, still lack basic infrastructure and even give testimonies when we get visas to countries who are not as religious as we are.

I guess your standard is simply one of confusion grin
Your questions are easy and simple to answer but you only need to care for REAL to get the answer!
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Will you agree with me that your "creator" god is an omniscient, omnipotent being? Is he meant to be flawless?

You've not answered the questions I posted here. Do that first, and I will state my answers to your questions.
gensteejay:

Are you saying man isn't an intelligent biological system? Note I used "intelligent" in my original submission, not "perfect".

It seems you're mixing up the 2.

Is it wrong to use the phrase, "intelligent life", in describing humans?

Your post above shows you admit man is fashioned by a designer. Am I right?

I will address your other claims when you answer those questions.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
[quote author=gensteejay post=75061915]
Are you saying man isn't an intelligent biological system?[quote]
Yes

[quote author=gensteejay post=75061915]Your post above shows you admit man is fashioned by a designer. Am I right?[quote]
No
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
So all humans are stupid, including you? grin
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
[quote author=XxSabrinaxX post=75075102][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 24, 2019
gensteejay:

Point to where I made this assertion.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Point to where I made this assertation.
[quote author=XxSabrinaxX post=75075102][/quote]
What are you saying here?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2019
gensteejay:

What are you saying here?
I cant see your quote.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

I cant see your quote.
Let me ask you the questions again, and I expect clear answers from you this time:

Are you saying man isn't an intelligent biological system?
Note I used "intelligent" in my original submission, not "perfect".

It seems you're mixing up the 2.

Is it wrong to use the phrase, "intelligent life", in describing humans?

The questions are highlighted above.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2019
gensteejay:

Are you saying man isn't an intelligent biological system?
Man is an intelligent biological system. But claiming he was designed is a reach given the reasons I gave above. There's no way to prove that man was "designed".

[/quote]
No

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Man is an intelligent biological system.
This stance of yours seems to lend further credence to this assertion of mine: The simple fact is, an intelligent design requires and points to the existence of an intelligent maker.
XxSabrinaxX:

No
Still trying to reconcile this answer with your statement above. There seems to a contradiction here. Can an intelligent system come from nothing? Is it rational to attribute its design to chance or evolution, given the fact that the current evolutionary theory still has a number of issues.
XxSabrinaxX:

Will you agree with me that your "creator" god is an omniscient, omnipotent being?
Yes, God is.
XxSabrinaxX:
Is he meant to be flawless?
Using the pronoun, "he", for God isn't quite appropriate as God has no gender, no name, no religion, and is not knowable. In my opinion.

The different impostor gods in religions only attribute the male character to God to relegate females to the background as regards state affairs and to undergird a patrichial system in our societies.

Every human has both male and female characteristics but masculine traits are dominant in men, while feminine ones are recessive. The converse can be observed in women. This is the principle of polarity, a universal concept, in philosophy.

Is God flawless? Yes, because God is all-knowing.

Good and bad are relative; so are up and down; right and wrong; right and left (as it pertains to direction).

To understand the atheistic philosophy, especially the concept, problem of evil, one needs to take note of relatives, some of which I mentioned above, and absolutes (principles of polarity, correspondence, etc.), which are universal in nature.

For instance, things humans see as evil like natural disasters, premature death, deformities in babies are relative in nature by the time one considers a grander scheme of things, one that encompasses the viewpoint of other components (living things, organisms, species) in our ecosystems, not merely the human perspective.

Good and bad have no universal definition and vary from one species to another, from one culture to another, from one religion to another.

An atheist, who says God is imperfect due to bad happenings and several faults in human's design, only shows a lack of depth in philosophy and has little appreciation of, or knowledge about, relatives.

Let me stop here for now.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2019
gensteejay:

This stance of yours seems to lend further credence to this assertion of mine: The simple fact is, an intelligent design requires and points to the existence of an intelligent maker.
Intelligent Design represents itself as a scientific position, namely that presence of extremely complex interacting structures and functions (referred to as irreducible complexity) in biological systems, by their very nature, cannot even theoretically be explained by a series of evolutionary steps, each one conferring a selective advantage over the previous. Thus, because it is impossible to posit such a series, this therefore provides irrefutable evidence for a divine creator.
This is rejected for two reasons: First, just because we can't explain how something happened, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Unanswered questions provide the basis of scientific investigation. Second, by definition, science is the study of physical processes, and to state that some process does not have a physical cause is to state that studying its origins is impossible in a scientific context. Scientists in general consider this intellectually lazy and insulting. And they do so whether they themselves are atheists, conventionally religious, or all points in between.

gensteejay:
Can an intelligent system come from nothing?
I don't know. However, its a matter of perception. We don't have the language yet to talk about concepts we can't even imagine, so we can't really answer a question like this yet. A monkey could look at a blank computer screen that turns on all of a sudden and would think that whatever appeared on the screen "came out of nothing". If that monkey then went to think about how something like that could be, it wouldn't have the capacity to understand that:
1) the computer screen turned on because of how computers work,
2) that computers work that way because it's how humans created them,
3) that humans work the way they do because of how natural evolution works
4) everything else that follows suit. It could maybe come to understand that a human is responsible for creating something out of nothing on that screen, but it wouldn't understand all the other infinitely receding reasons behind it. I think it's similar to how we view the beginning of the universe. The answer probably lies beyond our ability to understand currently, because it deals with concepts we haven't even imagined yet, same as how the monkey can't imagine concepts relating to how computer hardware and software works.

gensteejay:
Is it rational to attribute its design to chance or evolution, given the fact that the current evolutionary theory still has a number of issues.
It isn't rational because like I said, there's no way to know. And if I may ask, what are these issues with the evolution theory?

gensteejay:
Using the pronoun, "he", for God isn't quite appropriate as God has no gender, no name, no religion, and is not knowable. In my opinion.
I agree with this completely. I only use "he" when I'm arguing with theists, but i'm guessing you're not?

gensteejay:

Is God flawless? Yes, because God is all-knowing.
And all powerful

gensteejay:
An atheist, who says God is imperfect due to bad happenings and several faults in human's design, only shows a lack of depth in philosophy and has little appreciation of, or knowledge about, relatives.
The idea of a god that is all knowing and all powerful is one who is supposedly perfect. If truly there is a first cause, the universe sure wouldn't be the way it is now.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 25, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Intelligent Design represents itself as a scientific position, namely that presence of extremely complex interacting structures and functions (referred to as irreducible complexity) in biological systems, by their very nature, cannot even theoretically be explained by a series of evolutionary steps, each one conferring a selective advantage over the previous. Thus, because it is impossible to posit such a series, this therefore provides irrefutable evidence for a divine creator.
This is rejected for two reasons: First, just because we can't explain how something happened, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Unanswered questions provide the basis of scientific investigation. Second, by definition, science is the study of physical processes, and to state that some process does not have a physical cause is to state that studying its origins is impossible in a scientific context. Scientists in general consider this intellectually lazy and insulting. And they do so whether they themselves are atheists, conventionally religious, or all points in between.
Don't you think this your definition of science is too simplistic? Science, not only deals with the study of physical processes, but also psychological (mental) ones. Theoretical physicists and chemists will have a big problem with the way you defined science above. I think your approach to this issue is facile.
XxSabrinaxX:
I don't know. However, its a matter of perception. We don't have the language yet to talk about concepts we can't even imagine, so we can't really answer a question like this yet. A monkey could look at a blank computer screen that turns on all of a sudden and would think that whatever appeared on the screen "came out of nothing". If that monkey then went to think about how something like that could be, it wouldn't have the capacity to understand that:
1) the computer screen turned on because of how computers work,
2) that computers work that way because it's how humans created them,
3) that humans work the way they do because of how natural evolution works
4) everything else that follows suit. It could maybe come to understand that a human is responsible for creating something out of nothing on that screen, but it wouldn't understand all the other infinitely receding reasons behind it. I think it's similar to how we view the beginning of the universe. The answer probably lies beyond our ability to understand currently, because it deals with concepts we haven't even imagined yet, same as how the monkey can't imagine concepts relating to how computer hardware and software works.

In light of your (highlighted) position above, don't you think that subscribing to the ideology of atheism is kind of premature, and that turning a blind eye to the existence of Infinite Intelligence/God/First Cause may not be a wise decision? The God I'm referring to here is starkly different from those deities people worship in religion.

For instance, it's illogical for a real God to demand worship from its creations and punish them for sins (I have zero belief in this one) or mistakes.

Do you think the atheistic philosophy will stand the test time?Methinks considering the rapid pace of development in science; religion, atheism, and the likes will not survive for long.
XxSabrinaxX:
It isn't rational because like I said, there's no way to know. And if I may ask, what are these issues with the evolution theory?

Check out this link and let me know your thoughts: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/scientific-weaknesses-of-evolution-2012-9

Some commenters have mentioned some earlier.
XxSabrinaxX:
I agree with this completely. I only use "he" when I'm arguing with theists, but i'm guessing you're not?

No. I don't subscribe to any specific philosophy, group, religion, or movement, be it science, atheism, omnism, etc. I feel there are some truths in all of them, and none is 100% correct and accurate. I'm more of a knowledge seeker and rational thinker, and try to formulate my own philosophy.
XxSabrinaxX:
And all powerful.

Yes.
XxSabrinaxX:

The idea of a god that is all knowing and all powerful is one who is supposedly perfect. If truly there is a first cause, the universe sure wouldn't be the way it is now.
How many parts of the universe have you been to or know about? The universe, aged about 13.7 billion years, is home to several hundreds of billions of planets and billions of galaxies. Do you think only planet Earth, which only makes up a very tiny part of the universe, holds life? The current scientific knowledge on the universe, planets, extraterrestrial life, and even Earth-related issues isn't much.

Don't you think your (highlighted) assertion above is premature and sounds arrogant as if you've seen it all? Considering the unimaginably large number of planets and galaxies, it is not illogical to speculate there will be advanced civilizations and better worlds out there?

The universe is just too big, and planet Earth, in comparison, is just too minute.

I hope you will change the way you view "good" and "bad" and bear in mind that they are relatives. That should also change how you see God.

When will atheists start looking at the concept of God beyond those egocentric, vengeful, and demonic entities (gods) in religions, with their (the god's) limited knowledge and intelligence?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 25, 2019
gensteejay:

Don't you think this your definition of science is too simplistic? Science, not only deals with the study of physical processes, but also psychological (mental) ones. Theoretical physicists and chemists will have a big problem with the way you defined science above. I think your approach to this issue is facile.
It can't prove the supernatural though, can it?

gensteejay:
In light of your (highlighted) position above, don't you think that subscribing to the ideology of atheism is kind of premature, and that turning a blind eye to the existence of Infinite Intelligence/God/First Cause may not be a wise decision.
The ideology of atheism is not deliberately turning a blind eye to the existence of a first cause. We just don't know for certain if there is a first cause and we've not seen any objective, verifiable evidence to suggest so.

gensteejay:
For instance, it's illogical for a real God to demand worship from its creations and punish them for sins (I have zero belief in this one) or mistakes.
I concur

gensteejay:
Do you think the atheistic philosophy will stand the test time?Methinks considering the rapid pace of development in science; religion, atheism, and the likes will not survive for long.
I agree completely. I'm more of a gnostic atheist by the way. With the increase of science, alchemy and certain phenomena like ghosts have been explained. My lack of belief in a God is due to the fact that I've not come accross any convincing argument yet.

gensteejay:
Check out this link and let me know your thoughts: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/scientific-weaknesses-of-evolution-2012-9

Some commenters have mentioned some earlier.

Darwin specifically predicted that recognizable human ancestors would be found in Africa. Many now have been. Evolutionary theory predicted that the use of antiviral or antibacterial agents would result in the emergence of resistant strains. This principle is, of course, a mainstay of contemporary medicine. Paleontologists correctly predicted that species showing the evolution from fish to amphibian would be found in Devonian strata. This example, among many, refutes the frequently heard creationist claim that "transitional forms" (presumably meaning transitional species) do not exist. Paleontologists had expected to find transitions from land-based mammals to whales for years. In the past decade, science journals, as well as the media, have been full of these finds. A simple Internet search will yield hundreds of examples of transitional species.
Now personally I don't believe evolution is a fact, there could be other possibilities but we have no idea. But as I stated earlier, I'd take evolution over creationsm any day.

gensteejay:
No. I don't subscribe to any specific philosophy, group, religion, or movement, be it science, atheism, omnism, etc. I feel there are some truths in all of them, and none is 100% correct and accurate. I'm more of a knowledge seeker and rational thinker, and try to formulate my own philosophy.
....Why are we even debating? The only people I have beef with is theists.

I think you're committing a fallacy of generalization when talking about atheists. I identify as a-theist in the sense that I don't believe in an allpowerful, allknowing deity that interferes in our reality. Its hard to pin down atheists to a particular worldview. There are atheists who believe for a fact and are certain that NO gods exists. I'm not in that school of thought.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 25, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

It can't prove the supernatural though, can it?

The ideology of atheism is not deliberately turning a blind eye to the existence of a first cause. We just don't know for certain if there is a first cause and we've not seen any objective, verifiable evidence to suggest so.

I concur

I agree completely. I'm more of a gnostic atheist by the way. With the increase of science, alchemy and certain phenomena like ghosts have been explained. My lack of belief in a God is due to the fact that I've not come accross any convincing argument yet.

Darwin specifically predicted that recognizable human ancestors would be found in Africa. Many now have been. Evolutionary theory predicted that the use of antiviral or antibacterial agents would result in the emergence of resistant strains. This principle is, of course, a mainstay of contemporary medicine. Paleontologists correctly predicted that species showing the evolution from fish to amphibian would be found in Devonian strata. This example, among many, refutes the frequently heard creationist claim that "transitional forms" (presumably meaning transitional species) do not exist. Paleontologists had expected to find transitions from land-based mammals to whales for years. In the past decade, science journals, as well as the media, have been full of these finds. A simple Internet search will yield hundreds of examples of transitional species.
Now personally I don't believe evolution is a fact, there could be other possibilities but we have no idea. But as I stated earlier, I'd take evolution over creationsm any day.

....Why are we even debating? The only people I have beef with is theists.

I think you're committing a fallacy of generalization when talking about atheists. I identify as a-theist in the sense that I don't believe in an allpowerful, allknowing deity that interferes in our reality. Its hard to pin down atheists to a particular worldview. There are atheists who believe for a fact and are certain that NO gods exists. I'm not in that school of thought.
Ok
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by LordReed(m): 10:36am On Jan 25, 2019
gensteejay:

When will atheists start looking at the concept of God beyond those egocentric, vengeful, and demonic entities (gods) in religions, with their (the god's) limited knowledge and intelligence?

And who told you we haven't? I have considered the possibility of the existence of a deistic god but I also rejected it for the same reason I rejected all other gods, lack of sufficient evidence to give a rational reason to believe. I applaud people like NPComplete who acknowledge they have no reason to believe but believe anyway in a deistic god, I find such candor refreshing.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 25, 2019
LordReed:

And who told you we haven't? I have considered the possibility of the existence of a deistic god but I also rejected it for the same reason I rejected all other gods, lack of sufficient evidence to give a rational reason to believe. I applaud people like NPComplete who acknowledge they have no reason to believe but believe anyway in a deistic god, I find such candor refreshing.
Who is "we"? "I" is more appropriate IMO.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by LordReed(m): 12:04pm On Jan 25, 2019
gensteejay:

Who is "we"? "I" is more appropriate IMO.

"We" is the atheists you generalized and I used "I" where appropriate.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
LordReed:

"We" is the atheists you generalized and I used "I" where appropriate.
OK.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

grin grin The Kalam cosmological argument is garbage. The argument basically goes like this:
*Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
*The universe began to exist.
*Therefore, the universe must have a cause.
*And so follows the timeless god that created the universe
This premise is terribly flawed. Here's why,

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause
This claim needs evidence to support it

There is no evidence against it.

2. The universe began to exist
So does this claim. The Big Bang may or may not be the beginning of the universe and the very word beginning may not be very well suited in the absence of time anyhow.

Second law of thermodynamics. If not beginning, what then?

[
b]3. Therefore the universe must have a cause[/b]
Provided you assume both the premises which there is no reason to, yes that would be correct.

4. And so follows the timeless god that created the universe
No, that doesn't follow. A "cause" isn't necessarily a "timeless god" and generally the term "god" is associated with a form of sentience or at least intent which certainly doesn't follow. I also don't understand why so many people assume the universe had a beginning, even before the "big bang" everything was a singularity. At least as I understand it.
I'd advise you to check this link out:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Kalam

If you want to watch/listen to a 2 hour debate, where religious apologist William Lane Craig gets absolutely trashed for using this flawed argument, you should watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKDCZHimElQ

Evidence we see in the universe shows that a supernatural Being did make the universe. The precision in the universe and its laws didn't make itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by BotafogoJunior(m): 8:07am On Feb 08, 2019
Vic2Ree:

Madam, I was just calling you out on faulty reasoning. I don't know why you are emotional like this grin
Honestly,this lady is just un-necessarily emotional which presents her as part of the annoyingly average Nigerian you meet everywhere.......Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by BotafogoJunior(m): 8:14am On Feb 08, 2019
5thElement:

No it isn't.

If people want to sing and praise their God in the privacy of their building, how does this constitute a crime to you who are in your own house?

the exception begin the pentecostal type of Christians who scream and shout like mad people in the middle of the night without regards to the people living in that area. they should desist.
Oh boy,una no dey read before typing stop being average....he said religion is a scam and you started typing rubbish which does not correspond with his comment.oya read his comment again and correct your yeye comment
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 12, 2019
BotafogoJunior:
Oh boy,una no dey read before typing stop being average....he said religion is a scam and you started typing rubbish which does not correspond with his comment.oya read his comment again and correct your yeye comment

Well, Junior, I know connecting the dots may be an impossible task for you, so lemme help you out.

Scam = crime

Religion = worshipping God or the gods.

That's the best I can do for you son.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 14, 2019
JMAN05:

There is no evidence against it.

Second law of thermodynamics. If not beginning, what then?

[

Evidence we see in the universe shows that a supernatural Being did make the universe. The precision in the universe and its laws didn't make itself.
Like I said, the Kalam cosmological arguement has been trashed up, down, left, right, centre (seriously you need to see that video. WLC got wrecked). One does not simply look at something he can't explain and attach a supernatural entity to it. Even if a god exists, we have no way to prove it. So why bother?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 6:14am On Feb 14, 2019
JMAN05:

SO DO YOU KNOW THIS SUPERNATURAL BEING?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
IAmSabrina:

Like I said, the Kalam cosmological arguement has been trashed up, down, left, right, centre (seriously you need to see that video. WLC got wrecked). One does not simply look at something he can't explain and attach a supernatural entity to it. Even if a god exists, we have no way to prove it. So why bother?

You ve not answered the question. How has it been trashed? How did all these get started? Has the second law of thermodynamics been trashed too? The video? I have watched it, though not all. What the guy is saying is an argument I have heard several times which to me is not a trashing, but a way to run away from the obvious truth. Quantum mechanics is not nothing if you want to be sincere.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 15, 2019
JMAN05:

You ve not answered the question. How has it been trashed? How did all these get started? Has the second law of thermodynamics been trashed too? The video? I have watched it, though not all. What the guy is saying is an argument I have heard several times which to me is not a trashing, but a way to run away from the obvious truth. Quantum mechanics is not nothing if you want to be sincere.
Absolutely NO ONE has ever demonstrated the possibility of an immaterial intelligent mind capable of existing independent of something material ... like a brain. Just like immaterial gravity cannot exist without a material mass. Absolutely NO ONE has ever demonstrated the possibility of an immaterial intelligent mind creating anything material, even from pre-existing material, without having any physicality itself & without having any material means (tools) to do so. Unless the above two can be demonstrated to be even possible, any intelligent minded creator God is just utter nonsense.

The present Universe as we know it, is the result of the expansion of a super-dense mass of material (not necessarily atoms & such) known as the 'singularity', which contained all the energy in this Universe, albeit in a different form (quantum or whatever). This is known by scientists as of now, so any speculations about there being 'nothing' is just that - hypothetical speculation. Energy/matter cannot be created nor destroyed - therefore that 'singularity' must have always existed in that form or some other form - other Universes, Multiverses or whatever.

It is very simple, if someone can magically presume there is a god, and that this god had/has no cause, then I can presume there are unicorns that you can't see and had no cause and caused our universe. Same levels of evidence and proof for both assumptions. You can't prove me wrong, so it must be true! The Kalam doesn't even factor into the Kalam. It's dead before it is even arrives. The short version: If your argument requires presumptions in order to work, it is meaningless as an argument.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
IAmSabrina:

Absolutely NO ONE has ever demonstrated the possibility of an immaterial intelligent mind capable of existing independent of something material ... like a brain. Just like immaterial gravity cannot exist without a material mass. Absolutely NO ONE has ever demonstrated the possibility of an immaterial intelligent mind creating anything material, even from pre-existing material, without having any physicality itself & without having any material means (tools) to do so. Unless the above two can be demonstrated to be even possible, any intelligent minded creator God is just utter nonsense.

The present Universe as we know it, is the result of the expansion of a super-dense mass of material (not necessarily atoms & such) known as the 'singularity', which contained all the energy in this Universe, albeit in a different form (quantum or whatever). This is known by scientists as of now, so any speculations about there being 'nothing' is just that - hypothetical speculation. Energy/matter cannot be created nor destroyed - therefore that 'singularity' must have always existed in that form or some other form - other Universes, Multiverses or whatever.

It is very simple, if someone can magically presume there is a god, and that this god had/has no cause, then I can presume there are unicorns that you can't see and had no cause and caused our universe. Same levels of evidence and proof for both assumptions. You can't prove me wrong, so it must be true! The Kalam doesn't even factor into the Kalam. It's dead before it is even arrives. The short version: If your argument requires presumptions in order to work, it is meaningless as an argument.

1. Unicorn argument makes no sense, since there are no words attributed to that mythological beast. If there were, we will see how reality affects what the 'unicorn' said or did. That way, we can know how it is that it made everything in our universe. I can prove you wrong.

Just open up you thinking faculty. While it is true that aside from verifiable facts and empirical proves, speculation could even via funny routes. However, let's look at the words of a scientist on this issue:

Sir Barnard Lovell said "Although most scientists trace the universe back to a very small, dense beginning (a singularity), we cannot avoid this key issue: “If at some point in the past, the Universe was once close to a singular state of infinitely small size and infinite density, we have to ask what was there before and what was outside the Universe. . . . We have to face the problem of a Beginning."

This implies more than just a source of vast energy. Foresight and intelligence are also needed because the rate of expansion seems very finely tuned. “If the Universe had expanded one million millionth part faster,” said Lovell, “then all the material in the Universe would have dispersed by now. . . . And if it had been a million millionth part slower, then gravitational forces would have caused the Universe to collapse within the first thousand million years or so of its existence. Again, there would have been no long-lived stars and no life.”

My brother the precision in the universe, and how the earth is well situated, is miraculous. How can energy/matter make these happen? It is not just a tale of 'oh energy/matter has always been there', but does it makes any sense to you that unintelligent energy can coordinate an explosion that results to something as orderly as our universe? Do you reason these out at all? Because to me, that's not plausible.

2. Suppose we were to take the position that there is no Creator. Then we would be obliged to say that the universe has always existed, that the matter in it is eternal. Yet clear evidence shows that matter has not always existed. For example, we know that some elements of the earth are unstable, that is, they are radioactive. Uranium, for example, keeps giving off radioactive particles until it eventually turns into lead. But if matter had always existed there would be no radioactive elements left today. The radioactivity would have all ‘run out’ long ago, even as water eventually runs completely out of a leaking barrel.

Another evidence is the different temperatures found in the universe, from the blazing heat of the sun to the frigid cold of outer space. The scientifically accepted laws as to the way heat operates (called the laws of thermodynamics) state that heat always flows from a hot body to a cooler one until both are at the same temperature. Now, if the universe and the matter in it had existed eternally, there would be (according to “thermodynamics”) the same temperature everywhere, and a very cold one at that! But, thankfully, that is not the case. Our sun keeps on pouring out heat and energy, as do myriads of other stars. This proves that the universe, and the matter composing it, had a beginning.

3. What about entropy? The second law of thermodynamics also implies that things heads towards disorderliness. Yet, we see orderliness

From big bang to orderly universe, and from orderly universe. Yet unintelligent energy made them all. This energy that came from no where must be omniscience. And it keeps violating the second law of thermodynamics. Impeccable! So impeccable!
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

SO DO YOU KNOW THIS SUPERNATURAL BEING?

That's not the issue here. The thing is, if you choose not to believe in a supernatural Cause, then science should stop. There are somethings that keep kicking against there theories. Proved science is rather pointing to a supernatural cause. It is just that they don't want to accept the obvious. But we do study there theories and know the meaning of the evidence they produce.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

A - Z Names Of Pentecostal Churches In Naija / Joshua Iginla Gives 40 Disables Including Muslims N150k Each To Mark Birthday / Things You Never Thought God Can Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.