Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

First Day Of Ramadan - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / First Day Of Ramadan (4181 Views)

Powerful Tips For The Last 10 Nights of ramadan / I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Day Of Ramadan by BOMANY: 5:22am On Aug 13, 2010
Aishabee:

Two Christians were lost in the Sahara desert .One is David, the other is Michael .They were dying of hunger and thirst when they suddenly came upon an oasis, with what looked like an emirate with a mosque in the middle .David said to Michael : "Look, let's pretend we are Muslims, otherwise we'll not get any food or drink. I am going to call myself "Mohammed."Michael refused to change his name , he said :" My name is Michael , and I will not pretend to be other than but what I am . , Michael."The Imam of the mosque received both well and asked about their names .David said : "My name is Mohammed ."Michael said : "My name is Michael. "The Imam turned to the helpers of the mosque and said :" Please bring some food and water for Michael only ."Then he turned to the other and said :"
Well Mohammed I hope you are aware that we are still in the holy month of Ramadan.Happy Ramadan! grin

Nice one  cheesy cheesy cheesy

lourash:

my first day was kind of funny, i got to work and accepted biscuit from a colleague not remembering that i was fasting.i had already finished eating it when i screamed out ,

No wahala, It is Allah who fed you as long as it was mistakenly
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by BOMANY: 5:39am On Aug 13, 2010
My first day was fine, i didn’t feel so much to eat or drink, recited 2 Jozu'e of Al Qur'an Alkarim, hope to finish it before the end of Ramadan. I joined my big family to break our fast together as a family tradition. It is very funny and healthy to do. My boy still too young to fast (less than two years old)
Ramadan Karim (Generous) Allahu Akram (All Generous)
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by haboosa(m): 10:48am On Aug 13, 2010
it was splendid and was great as i had since develop an adaptive features from my tatawah , 15 days fasting from Ra jab and 10 shaaban so i think i am in for Ramadan right b4 it starts I pray God give us the strength to complete it as somebody very close to my office was pronounced death this morning, and he was healthy as at Monday when i saw him so i think we should pray for Allah's guidance towards the completion of the Fasting.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by SirRil(m): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2010
al hamdullilah,it was quite okay. we pray it continues like this.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Arkhitekt: 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2010
cheesy for a second, I almost 4got I was fasting. The people in my office ate better food just to spite me, sorry!
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by uridiwan(m): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2010
i really welcome the holy month of the year ,it was easier the first day of the ramadan.i greet you all my muslim fellows may we see the end of the month of ramadan and many more more to come *allahu ma amin*.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by royhan: 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2010
alhamdullah so great men infact a feel a no feel am at all i keep my self busy to allali things of ramadan it is good to be fasting is sure that it can make mind pure
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by aroju(m): 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2010
, ramadan kareem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: First Day Of Ramadan by demola9: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2010
why donot we create a black berry group.let us drop our bb pin.and chat about the ramadan
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by brosibro(m): 7:12am On Aug 18, 2010
Alhamdulillah,
the first two days where so hard for me. not because of the fasting or staying away from food but i was ill and still insisted on fasting, i didn't want to miss out.
salam
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by azharuddin: 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2010
Time is running so fast, we are already in the middle 3rd of Ramadan.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Aishabee(f): 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2010
Salam evry1, i might have to slow down on fasting as i have been having terrible ulcer pain ( i cant really bear the pain again), i will manage and end today but from 2mrw i have to stay off,

i feel really sad but at the same time happi that it was a lot beta than last year that i cudn't even fast for a day. I just feel like i wnt feel Ramadan like that if i don't fast, Ki Olorun shanu mi

I will just have to re-strategise maybe eat for sum days and fast in between etc, angry sad cry
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by zayhal(f): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2010
Awwww. Sorry about that.

This ulcer thing self. Even one of our ustadh here has same problem. he has to alternate his days of fasting too.

May Allah heal you all and accept all our acts of Ibaadah.

Is ulcer curable?
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by azharuddin: 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2010
zayhal:

Awwww. Sorry about that.

May Allah heal you all and accept all our acts of Ibaadah.

Ameen.
zayhal:

Is ulcer curable?

Yes it is. You ll ve to have medication for 4-8 weeks. Also will ve to avoid spicy food. But the problem with ulcers is recurrence is common.

@Aishabee
I suggest you see a doctor as soon as possible and start medication.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Aishabee(f): 9:03am On Aug 25, 2010
I'm of the opinion that ulcer isn't curable though im not a doctor to say that but what i tink is that it goes sumwhere to sleep and as soon as you do what u shouldn't do its fully awake.

I ve been thru many treatments i.e triple strategy-Flagil etc ( i ve forgotten how they call it). Last ramadan i was placed on Zantac, Claritomycin, one other one i cant rembr the name and also gestid. One morning i woke up and decided i have had enuf and i threw them all away because these are powerful antibiotics that once you use in the mrning that day is ruined with nausea etc.

I think good diet works well for me i stuck to the rules: don't eat fried stuff, beans, don't drink coke etc and seriously i started sleeping peacefully at nights.I wnt go and see any doctor becos the only thing they will prescribe is antibiotics.

I will just see how well i can eat in the next few days cos i can feel it all ova my back.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by azharuddin: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2010
Aishabee:

I'm of the opinion that ulcer isn't curable though im not a doctor to say that but what i tink is that it goes sumwhere to sleep and as soon as you do what u shouldn't do its fully awake.

I ve been thru many treatments i.e triple strategy-Flagil etc ( i ve forgotten how they call it). Last ramadan i was placed on Zantac, Claritomycin, one other one i cant rembr the name and also gestid. One morning i woke up and decided i have had enuf and i threw them all away because these are powerful antibiotics that once you use in the mrning that day is ruined with nausea etc.

I think good diet works well for me i stuck to the rules: don't eat fried stuff, beans, don't drink coke etc and seriously i started sleeping peacefully at nights.I wnt go and see any doctor becos the only thing they will prescribe is antibiotics.

I will just see how well i can eat in the next few days cos i can feel it all ova my back.

Well i am a doc and YES ulcers are curable with medication and good diet. Triple regimen is for H.pylori ulcers, which have a tendency to recur. If you are having problems with the antibiotics contact your physician and he ll be able to change the medication. Its nice since you follow diet restriction, its is very important .

If you still are not convinced with medicines due to the side effect, atleast take 'Zantac', its Ranitidine (decreases acid secretion of stomach), its not an antibiotic and side effects is very rare. Have it twice daily, it will certainly help.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by azharuddin: 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2010
My earlier post got deleted. Dont know why. Maybe i should cut the medicine part out.

Well sis, ulcer is absolutely curable . Just see your Doctor. Its just that you ve to be careful even if symptoms are relieved. Its good that you control your diet, it certainly helps.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recommended Fast for Muslims in month of Shawwal / Mutah Pimps and the Qur'an / Response To Mentioning D Name Of Prophet Muhammed During Salat, Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.