Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu (7937 Views)

Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket Caused APC’s Defeat In Lagos: Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Lagos: Sanwo-Olu To Increase Salary Of Workers. / FG Begins N20,000 Cash Transfer In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by adebuk17: 1:23am On Jan 13, 2019
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has promised to find an enduring solution to the perennial traffic jam in the state with the creation of alternatives to road transport system.

The governorship candidate said he had identified about 60 points where traffic was usually heavy in the state, adding that his administration planned to adopt integrated transport system as well as direct traffic to the free lanes during rush hours.

Sanwo-Olu, who said this in an interview with UHURU TIMES, a Lagos-based publication, promised to complete the rail track currently under construction and invest in water transportation in order to reduce the number of people travelling by road on a daily basis.

The APC candidate stated that waterways that required dredging would be attended to so that boats could travel fast, adding that the complaint of low returns by boat operators would be looked into.

He said, “Our focus is beyond just road travels within the state. We are thinking about an integrated transportation system befitting of a megacity state like Lagos. One third of Lagos is water and that suggests that we have a huge water transportation opportunity and alternative. The waterways need to be properly mapped out to help navigation.

“We also have the rail project that we need to complete, especially the Blueline from Okokomaiko to CMS. We need to complete the track. It is about funding and we will find a way of completing that rail project. Lagos needs a transportation system outside the road; a transportation system that can move thousands of people daily.”

He urged Lagosians to change their orientation about the way they use the road, saying some behaviours, aiding to the traffic congestion, should be dropped in the interest of everybody.

Speaking on waste management, Sanwo-Olu said waste problem would be better tackled if individuals could start to sort their waste and stop mixing organic waste with plastics and bottles.

He promised to make better the over 1,300 public primary schools in the state and improve on the infrastructure in the primary, secondary and tertiary institutions owned by the state government because of the importance of education.

He believed the about N1tn budget size of the state was too small compared to the quantum of infrastructure and services to be rendered.

The APC governorship standard bearer, however, explained that if elected, his administration would not over-burden the people with tax but would be creative in managing the state’s resources.

Sanwo-Olu added that more people would be attracted into the tax net.
source:https://thebiggestgists..com/2019/01/well-develop-alternatives-to-road.html

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by ChidiAlaigbo: 1:26am On Jan 13, 2019
Weddon sir
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by Dronedude(m): 1:30am On Jan 13, 2019
Oya oo, our Edo people sanwo olu go favour una means of aircraft transportation.

No body should ask me, Yes! I didn't read before commenting, my comment was inspired from the topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by Iruobean(m): 3:54am On Jan 13, 2019
embarassed
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:55am On Jan 13, 2019
Good way to go.
Lagos is always BLESSED with good governors.
No wonder Lagos remain the best State in Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by kufre2010(m): 3:56am On Jan 13, 2019
Buhari will not see this as as voters inducement which is againts electoral law

1 Like

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by veacea: 4:03am On Jan 13, 2019
Hmmm
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by princejayy(m): 4:15am On Jan 13, 2019
Good move

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by zombieTRACKER: 4:16am On Jan 13, 2019
A mega city like Lagos ought to have a good and functional rail lines...

Only one road connects the whole of VI down to Epe..
Imagine the traffic.. Horrible

Say no to thuggery

Say no to godfatherism

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by JoshuaKay(m): 4:17am On Jan 13, 2019
Well, thank God he thought differently
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 4:29am On Jan 13, 2019
Another good GOVERNOR for Lagos is on the way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by darfay: 4:32am On Jan 13, 2019
JK we know
JK we trust

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by johnwizey: 4:33am On Jan 13, 2019
Can I say something
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by WeRblessed(f): 4:36am On Jan 13, 2019
I guess the alternative will be building Mars on all backyards and slums undecided

1 Like

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by Bassmana: 4:39am On Jan 13, 2019
Okay!
Can this election period just pass already....
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by Gerrard59(m): 4:54am On Jan 13, 2019
Questions that should be asked are:

Why has the present government (in which you were a senior government official) not implement same system as you both come from the same PARTY?

Why should we believe your government will complete the rail track between Okokomiako to CMS when the current government (of which you were a SENIOR official) cannot rehabilitate Lagos - Badagry Expressway? When has constructing a rail track become MORE easier than a road?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 4:58am On Jan 13, 2019
Too vague

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by sammirano: 5:08am On Jan 13, 2019
Sanwo ori.
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 5:11am On Jan 13, 2019
We will we will

We shall remember and we shall see

For women: Visit Our Erotica Collectionsto read matured eroticas for lonely nights, wake ups and self arousal. cheesy
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by Venerable612(m): 5:12am On Jan 13, 2019
Gerrard59:
Questions that should be asked are:

Why has the present government (in which you were a senior government official) not implement same system as you both come from the same PARTY?

Why should we believe your government will complete the rail track between Okokomiako to CMS when the current government (of which you were a SENIOR official) cannot rehabilitate Lagos - Badagry Expressway? When has constructing a rail track become MORE easier than a road?

All the things himself and yourself mentioned were done/started during this line of APC governorship administration.

He has not added anything new.

PS:

1. I am surprised though - we have a rail line running from Iju to Ebute meta... no is talking about renovating that and getting better trains... They are all interested in building a new one? Is it that those previous rail lines can’t be relayed and used by newer trains or they simply want to keep using those trains in a ‘mega city’? Something is fishy.

2. And I am disappointed APC is not considering investing in Lagos’s personal power grid. There is so much money to be made by the private and public sector if Lagos could define its on energy generation and distribution sector - so that Lagos could at least have near-24 hours power supply. Enough of building roads, rails and bridges- those are all basic government responsibilities.

5 Likes

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by VaselineCrew: 5:13am On Jan 13, 2019
Meanwhile, this is fashola promising that rail will be ready, all the way back in 2013.

The way these guys steal our money eh, I just don't get it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1156265/lagos-light-rail-ready-june

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by 9jaRealist: 5:22am On Jan 13, 2019
post=74709364:
Good way to go.
Lagos is always BLESSED with good governors.
No wonder Lagos remain the best State in Nigeria.

He had said nothing new or different from what Ambode says.
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by VaselineCrew: 5:23am On Jan 13, 2019
No wonder Ameachi said this country will never change

Fashola was there, promised train will start working in 2013. Fast forward 6 years and this incoming stooge is promising another 4 years of waiting for train. I'm sure after his first four years and a couple more pillars added, he will say that the project can't be completed in 4 years and that we should vote for continuity.

6 + 8 years = 14 years with no gaurantee of ever seeing a train.

Ameachi - "Nigeria will never change" - Can you all now see his point?

Imaginary train : 14+ years

Electricity : from vision 2020 to vision 2040 I guess.

Lagos : Ibadan Expressway, since my childhood.

Some Nigerians will grow old and die and still never witness 24/7 power supply, even if it's just for one month.

Ameachi - "Nigeria will never change"

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by VaselineCrew: 5:31am On Jan 13, 2019
They will just be using ur heads during election and all of you suffering and smiling champions will be shouting APC and PDP here and there.

Buhari was elected, cancelled all his campaign promises sharply. You think Atiku will be better?

At least Jimi sounds a bit intelligent and with no known godfather.

Una mumu never do Nigerians?

Just like how Nigerians were fighting to defend MMM. You should have seen how people will be cursing you then, when you advice them to stay away from MMM. Even though it was clear for all to see that MMM was a fraud, yet they all plunged into financial demise head first; well at least the majority of the losers.

Una mumu never do Nigerians? Chai! I rebuke every spirit that curses Nigerians to advocate for failure in Jesus Name!

My candidate is Sowore and I will campaign for him, win or lose, because I personally have to see a great Nigeria before my old age. I will not grow old and die and Nigeria still be ruled by illiterate, corrupt and downright evil people. God forbid!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by onatisi(m): 5:36am On Jan 13, 2019
sowore can never be president , instead of vying for the presidency which he obviously know he cant win or even come t
3rd , why didnt he vie for the senate and at least make himself known , if he is in the senate and contributing intelligent and bringing out good bills , ppl will see in him the leadership qualities ,
he is a complete novice to governance and a novice cannot and will never be entrusted with the lives , security and economy of the nation.
VaselineCrew:
They will just be using ur heads during election and all of you suffering and smiling champions will be shouting APC and PDP here and there.

Buhari was elected, cancelled all his campaign promises sharply. You think Atiku will be better?

At least Jimi sounds a bit intelligent and with no known godfather.

Una mumu never do Nigerians?

Just like how Nigerians were fighting to defend MMM. You should have seen how people will be cursing you then, when you advice them to stay away from MMM. Even though it was clear for all to see that MMM was a fraud, yet they all plunged into financial demise head first; well at least the majority of the losers.

Una mumu never do Nigerians? Chai! I rebuke every spirit that curses Nigerians to advocate for failure in Jesus Name!

My candidate is Sowore and I will campaign for him, win or lose, because I personally have to see a great Nigeria before my old age. I will not grow old and die and Nigeria still be ruled by illiterate, corrupt and downright evil people. God forbid!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by Kingsley10000: 5:41am On Jan 13, 2019
nice governor. ...
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by deepwater(f): 5:45am On Jan 13, 2019
Lol
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by VaselineCrew: 5:45am On Jan 13, 2019
onatisi:
sowore can never be president , instead of vying for the presidency which he obviously know he cant win or even come t
3rd , why didnt he vie for the senate and at least make himself known , if he is in the senate and contributing intelligent and bringing out good bills , ppl will see in him the leadership qualities ,
he is a complete novice to governance and a novice cannot and will never be entrusted with the lives , security and economy of the nation.

Sowore has a masters in PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION from one of the best Universities on Planet Earth, Columbia!

6 Things You Need to Know About the "Father" of Public Administration

An Educated Politician
Before Woodrow Wilson became president, he was a scholar of politics and history. To this day, he is the only U.S. President to have acquired a Ph.D. His knowledge led him to publish many important essays in Political Science Quarterly, including his most influential work, “The Study of Administration,” published in 1887...

https://onlinempadegree.usfca.edu/news-resources/news/6-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-father-of-public-administration/

I'm sure you can deduce from the excerpt the significance of public administration and by extension, this makes Sowore the MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENCY IN 2019.

BTW, what experience did Buhari have before becoming president? Was it his ability to execute a coup and subvert a growing democracy?

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by Damidave1124(m): 6:08am On Jan 13, 2019
Why ain't we hearing anything from Jimi Agbaje?
Re: We’ll Develop Alternatives To Road Transport In Lagos – Sanwo-olu by aku626(m): 6:32am On Jan 13, 2019
Lagos needs change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Discos To Close 10m Meter Deficit In 5 Yrs – ANED / Imo LP Members Protest At INEC Office, Demand Release Of CTC Of Guber Poll Docum / An Isreali Abducted In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.