Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! (17908 Views)

WWE Legend Bray Wyatt Dies Aged 36 As Triple H Leads Tribute To Pioneer / World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match / Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by edgecution(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
Man! I am an ancestor.

I actually watched Pep Guardiola, Luis Enrique, Ronald Koeman when they were players

RIP Phil. I would be surprised if people here know him. Just a few folks like naptu2 or obafemee and GavelSlam

I know him and he played for Bari in Serie A.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by Onyenna(m): 7:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
Baroba:

Your ancestorship no reach my own, I remember Maradona, Ruud Guilt, Van Basten, Zico, Glen hoddle as players..

Phil Masinga, watched him during his time at Leeds, may his soul RIP

Choooiiii!!.....

2 Likes

Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by Mikora: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
RIP Masinga
Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by Mryacks: 8:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
RIP....I remember watching him then when the South African national team was becoming strong in Africa ...
Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
RIP but 49 is still young......are you thinking what i'm thinking embarassed
Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
Jarus:

Phil Masinga of the golden generation of South African football 1996-1998.

Mark Fish, Lucas Radebe, Doctor Khumalo and others.

They ruled while Nigeria was away. Nigeria returned in 2000 and we settled the matter in QF of AFCON 2000 with 2 goals from Tijani Babangida.

Mark Fish was the best player of the 1996 tournament if my memory serves me right.

I would never forget begging Uncles and lesson teachers for a chance to read Complete Football magazine then.

FourFourTwo was very rare grin....Good old days

2 Likes

Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by robosky02(m): 10:17pm On Jan 13, 2019
naptu2:

He was my favourite South African player at that time (but most of the people around me preferred Mark Williams).

Yekini, Yeboah, Masinga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxbBpzBul6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJxv-f_fn8E

Ohhh so sad

Was one of the guys along side mark fish etc that made nigeria and south africa rivalry interesting

Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by KingOfAllIgbos: 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2019
edgecution:

I know him and he played for Bari in Serie A.

Baroba:

Your ancestorship no reach my own, I remember Maradona, Ruud Guilt, Van Basten, Zico, Glen hoddle as players..

Phil Masinga, watched him during his time at Leeds, may his soul RIP

Wow, you guys are legends. I never saw Van Basten play. Started watching football actively and with an obsession in 1994, i think
Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by naptu2: 2:37am On Jan 14, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Wow, you guys are legends. I never saw Van Basten play. Started watching football actively and with an obsession in 1994, i think

Van Basten was one of my favourite players 1988-1993. That's when we had the 3 Dutch men at AC Milan and 3 Germans at Inter Milan. Napoli had the MaGiCa combination (Maradona, Giordano & Careca). Segun Odegbami had a Serie A show on NTA 2 Channel 5 from 1989 onwards.

I also remember Espana '82 and Mexico 86 (with the weird shadow at the centre of the Azteca Stadium).
Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by edgecution(m): 4:33am On Jan 14, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

I actually watched Philemon Masinga play for South Africa, Leeds and Bari but quote me anywhere that dude was the MOST arrogant South African player of all time. His level of arrogance is unequal.

Re: Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! by edgecution(m): 4:36am On Jan 14, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

I actually watched Philemon Masinga play for South Africa, Leeds and Bari but quote me anywhere that dude was the MOST arrogant South African player of all time. His level of arrogance is unequal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From The 2014 Nigeria Federation Cup Final Enyimba Fc 2 Vs Dolphin Fc 1 / John Fashanu Rubbishes Interest Claim From Fan, Says It's Unfounded! / Pictures From Super Eagles Last Training Session In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.