Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari (25090 Views)

Presidential Candidates Back Suspension Of Onnoghen / Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by CioAngels(f): 2:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
Is the likes of Malami in interpreting this issue as wrong, or what law book did he read? Oh, pa Buhari must win syndrome. Few northeners wants to set Nigeria blaze for selfish reasons. pa Abba Kyari, Daura, Aisha and the few free Nigeria.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by BanevsJoker(m): 2:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
criminalmindz:

nice dp. is that you? if yes , I want to Marry u
Just like that?
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by phrancky(m): 2:21pm On Jan 13, 2019
embarassed :-x8[s][/s]7
aishapmbtoto [i:
[/i]post=74718369]Wait for the zombies to arrive [/qu
[quote]
[i][/i]ote][/sup][sup][sup][/sup]
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by Talknochip(m): 2:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
Is Osinbajo a Professor of Law not aware of all of this?.. What are his inputs? Is he not suppose to be advising the President about upholding the rule of law? Posterity will remember him for a time like this.. Something is wrong somewhere. I have a feeling this whole drama was not the doing of the duo (Buhari and Osinbajo)! i give up
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by Akaujaa(m): 2:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
If this order is really coming from premium times, I would say I'm most disappointed. Even if the charges against Onnoghen are unfounded, as a media outlet, you only do your investigations, put up the truth and allow the public to be the judge. You don't take sides, instead you operate with all sense of objectivity.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by VERDA: 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
Koolking:
What is wrong with us in this country? Our penchant for corruption is mindboggling.

A govt official has been found wanting, petition against with damning evidence.

Why can't we allow the same govt he serves prosecute him in peace? Legal prosecution against Onnoghen offers him a platform to defend himself and clear his name of alleged corruption.

It's disappointing seeing supposedly honourable Nigerians, groups and media threatening the govt in this regards.

We are endemically corrupt to say the least. We are our own curse.

Is it that you have reading comprehension??, was it premium times and the people you are castigating that wrote the constitution??, the matter is simple, fight corruption but do the right thing, must corruption be fought only through breaking rules??, the last time I checked the so called APC and their blind supporters have had selective amnesia when it comes to talking about the corruption by one of their major governors GANDUJE and most people in this government....may HYPOCRISY not kill some of you.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by peterkul(m): 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by deebrownneymar: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2019
Ah Premium Times ke? So PDP members have been using Premium Times as a branch of the opposition. No wonder. They've been doing great btw.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by GeorgeTheCoder: 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
sweetgala:

[/s]Buratai has claimed he has businesses that he operates. If you have supporting evidence that he indeed diverted funds set aside for the army you should approach the relevant authorities.[/s]

Another stupid comment.

How can a side business yield 5 million dollars ? On top of that, serving military officers are not allowed to engage in business.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by Koolking(m): 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
VERDA:

Is it that you have reading comprehension??, was it premium times and the people you are castigating that wrote the constitution??, the matter is simple, fight corruption but do the right thing, must corruption be fought only through breaking rules??, the last time I checked the so called APC and their blind supporters have had selective amnesia when it comes to talking about the corruption by one of their major governors GANDUJE and most people in this government....may HYPOCRISY not kill some of you.

I can understand how you feel bro. Corruption is endemic in Nigeria.
Integrity and honesty are alien to some of us. It will change someday.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by psucc(m): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
They are. And at the same time opinion moulders as well as vanguards against breakdown of law and order
babyfaceafrica:
what concerns PT with that?..are media houses not suppose to be neutral
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by WaffenSS(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
tsephanyah:
Negative people feed on your response. Don’t give them the pleasure. Happy Sunday

But you responded

Happy day to you too.....and I like your style.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by lexy2014: 4:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
bettercreature:
You cant really fight corruption in this country its just impossible because i wonder why this man can not be charged and be allowed to prove himself

He can b charged but not by d executive. Its very simple

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by lexy2014: 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

Media houses are supposed 2 take d side of d constitution & d people. In this case, it has done so
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by lexy2014: 4:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
deebrownneymar:
Ah Premium Times ke? So PDP members have been using Premium Times as a branch of the opposition. No wonder. They've been doing great btw.

I will always say this. B4 u no& support any political parry or candidate, first thing is 4u 2no & support d constitution. When u do that, this article by premium times wouldn't b seen as partisan
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by Jowanson: 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
Limitednow:
Buhari said he has declared his assets and directed Nigerians to approach the CCB who refused to make the assets known to Nigerians.

Now, CJN Onnoghen declared his assets and the CCB is expected not to disclose content without the approval of the the accused.

I want to ask, who showed the APC group that filed the petition the assets declaration form of Onnoghen?

That is why I feel there is a political undertone to it? The courts have not been favouring the APC so far..so someone somewhere decided to be the one to rubbish the CJN by disclosing this to CCB...money have changed hands and lots if it secretly.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by Shikini: 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
cucumbae:
Buratai who bought houses in Dubai with arms fund and soldiers allawee is untouchable.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by lexy2014: 5:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
eph12:
I still don't understand why we are not allowed to hold our leaders to certain standards. Why can't the CJN be allowed to defend himself? Will it be any different if he wasn't the CJN?

D CJN is a judicial officer and because of d doctrine of separation of powers as enshrined in d constitution, his misdemeanor can only b treated by d NJC not d executive
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by lexy2014: 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
Hotfreezer:

That's the sad truth.

Only very few like Guardian are neutral. For others like Vanguard and Tribune, they are beyond useless.

Every newspaper in their editorial make their opinion known on national issues. Cos u guys are more used 2 online news than hard copy newspapers, u might not b familiar with d practice. There's nothing untoward about what d premium times has done. It has stated d facts as they should b
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by deebrownneymar: 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2019
lexy2014:

I will always say this. B4 u no& support any political parry or candidate, first thing is 4u 2no & support d constitution. When u do that, this article by premium times wouldn't b seen as partisan

It's not an article but a statement by Premium Times.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by Oluwatobex(m): 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
It's a matter of National interest and they have the right to take a position. Do you know the meaning and essence of Editorial?
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by lexy2014: 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2019
deebrownneymar:

Whether its an article or statement, d knowledge of d constitution should supercede our support 4 political parties & politicians
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by MissingBudget: 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
Limitednow:
Buhari said he has declared his assets and directed Nigerians to approach the CCB who refused to make the assets known to Nigerians.

Now, CJN Onnoghen declared his assets and the CCB is expected not to disclose content without the approval of the the accused.

I want to ask, who showed the APC group that filed the petition the assets declaration form of Onnoghen?

Underrated post.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by jelel6: 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
safarigirl:
i don't care for politics in Nigeria

Too much double standards. Corruption can never die because you cannot fight one side and allow another to thrive, you are working in futility

Today, they fight one tribe and ONR group and leave another group to thrive. Tomorrow a new group will come to fight the side that was ignored and turn a blind eye to their side and the cycle will continue. What is the difference between the CJ and Kemi Adeosun? Or is corruption only seen on one side?

If corruption cannot be fought holistically without minding whose ox is gored, then the fight is lost. And people like you who think that something is being done because one side is being attacked, are the reason why corruption will never die.

[b][/b] This country is dead, and can never be saved because of the likes of you.

PS: we are in a multi-ethnic society, do not assume that decisions can be taken in this country without people looking at the ethnic perspective. Even in the US, people look at various perspectives, be they racial, religious, or sexuality inclined. The sooner some of you understand that, the sooner you will realise that there is no reason why people shouldn't look at EVERY decision through every prism available to determine if it comes from a good place or from a place of malice.

Targeting a group of people because they disagree with your politics IS corruption. This APC government has been EXTREMELY corrupt, fraud and theft are not the only signs of corruption.

I cannot in my right senses say the fight against corruption in this country has been comprehensive. Double standards exist everywhere, it shouldn't surprise you that we're chief culprit in this side of the world.

You can be specific. I would really like for you to clearly state the side/divide that's being attacked.

Kemi Adeosun, what about Kemi? NYSC forgery? You had initially insinuated that the reason why the CJN was being charged was because of his Name/tribe/rejoin/religion. It seems Kemi helps your position so you've no problem forgetting where she comes from in this case. That being said, I believe certificate forgery is an offense and she should answer for it.

What an irony, the CJN cannot be exempted from any allegation of selective prosecution against this government as a crucial member.

Basically, you're suggesting the government should look for corrupt persons from all the 36 states and charge them all. With the aim to satisfy federal character, like they select ministers and government officials. Funny.

I hope you can see what this is, we're not even talking about whether this man committed an offense or not, we're talking about whether another man was charged or not.

Hopefully, the Chief Justice of Nigeria express the same sentiments many Nigerians like yourself gave and tell the whole world he's being prosecuted because his name is not Adeosun but Onnoghen and that he's innocent simply because others have not being found guilty.

The CJN case is an isolated event in the eyes of the law and independent of any other corruption case. What you, I and others ought to do is not free one cause we can't get the others. Instead of telling the government to look away from Onnoghen, let's remind them to look in the direction of the others. There's no better moment than now!

However, you said alot of things, most I agree with and
few I don't. We move forward still.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by brownlolly(m): 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2019
The reason why Walter Onnoghen even got to that position in the first place was because they had dirt on him that they had planned to use against him at a time like this.

It is better to get him out because he has been compromised. And people should be more focused on finding the right set of people who truly deserve to be appointed to such delicate positions.

Crying foul about this case simply translates to support of obvious corruption in my opinion.
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by criminalmindz: 9:30pm On Jan 13, 2019
aishapmbtoto:
She is ugly abeg
na you be that
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by deebrownneymar: 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
lexy2014:

Whether its an article or statement, d knowledge of d constitution should supercede our support 4 political parties & politicians

How does this statement relate to my earlier comment?
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by Fuckyoumod: 9:56pm On Jan 13, 2019
tsephanyah:
What if life is a dream and death wakes us up?
strong words
Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by lexy2014: 10:45pm On Jan 13, 2019
deebrownneymar:

How does ur post relate 2d issue I raised about knowing d constitution? How's it relevant 2d discussion about d constitutionalilty of govts action in d onnoghen matter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Planned Arraignment Of Onnoghen, Premium Times Tells Buhari by deebrownneymar: 10:00am On Jan 14, 2019
lexy2014:

how does this relate to my earlier comment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abuja: Police Begin Counter Terrorism Operation After US Warning Of Attacks / I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde / Emir Of Kano Flown To London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.