Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde (25091 Views)

PDP G5 Governors: What We Discussed With President Tinubu - Makinde / President-Elect Tinubu And His Vice, Shettima Brainstorming On National Issue / No Standing Agreement Between Tinubu, Makinde - APC Presidential Campaign Counci (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by noleflendum: 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2023

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo state has promised to work with the President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu when his government is finally inaugurated in May 29th.

Makinde made this promise in an interview with TVC on Sunday.

He said, “I will work with the President-elect. We will continue to work towards ensuring that Nigeria is united. We will make sure Nigeria is on the path of inclusivity. We will work with the passion to create value in our country Nigeria.”

Recall that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC had earlier officially declared Makinde winner of the governorship election in the state.

Makinde polled a total of 563,617 votes while his closest rival, Sen. Teslim Folarin scored 251,230. Adebayo Adelabu of the Accord came a distant third polling 38,757.

Makinde is the last of the PDP G5 or Integrity Group with an election. Already, Governors Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu) and Samuel Ortom (Benue), who have been in office for eight years each, all lost their senatorial bid while Nyesom Wike (Rivers) who is also completing his second term as Governor didn’t run for any elective post.

With the defeat of three of his comrades, all eyes were on Makinde in the March 18 poll. With his declaration as the winner by INEC, Makinde survived the defeat suffered by other G5 members.

Governorship elections were held in 28 of Nigeria’s 36 states on Saturday. The governorship and state assembly elections were held a week later than initially scheduled after a court case forced INEC to move them forward.

Eight of the 36 states — Anambra, Bayelsa, Edo, Ekiti, Imo, Kogi, Osun, and Ondo — have governorship elections “off-season” due to litigations and court judgements.

In alphabetical order, the 28 states where governorship elections were on March 18 are Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara.

Of the 28 states, 11 serving governors including Makinde sought reelection while 17 outgoing governors are in the final weeks of their constitutional two-term limits of eight years, having been sworn in on May 29, 2015.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/ill-work-with-president-elect-tinubu-makinde/

315 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by N3TRAL: 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
One thing I have noticed in life is that if you associate with a winner, you'll always win. If you support a loser, you will always lose.

G-5 were five deviant Governors of the PDP.

Wike, Makinde, Ortom , Ugwuanyi and Ikpeazu.

Wike and Makinde went with a serial winner, Tinubu, because of logic.

Ortom, Ugwuanyi and Ikpeazu supported a serial loser, Pandora, because of emotions.

Tinubu won. Wike's successor has won. Makinde has been reelected. They've achieved their political goals excellently against the claims of Obidîots that they will go into oblivion

Ortom failed his Senatorial bid and lost his State to the APC in the Gubernatorial elections.

Ugwuanyi failed his Senatorial bid.

Ikpeazu failed his Senatorial bid and is currently losing his State to the LP.

Patriots, lift your heads up high in pride!
Don't be sore losers but be optimistic.

You will be successful in all areas of your life as long a you celebrate the victory of a successful man. His tenure will favour you. You will buy that car, build that house and marry that sweet potato under Asiwaju's reign.

If you're quoting me, it should be to say Amen! I'm prophesying right now!

441 Likes 57 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Parachoko: 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
;Obidienze Urchins will surely find it hard to have a good night sleep grin

242 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Urheadmaster(m): 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
tongue

Makinde forgot that tinubu victory is based on discredited mandate.

6 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Xxxxtentacion2: 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
Thats how it should be..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Iamgrey5(m): 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
cheesy

Oyo the pace setter

The first state to announce the results of Elections despite have 33 local government areas.

117 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asiwaju will work with you too but you’ll have to be very loyal and ever ready to work against your party for Asiwaju. Let that sink

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Parachoko: 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
E remain make Wike An
nointed candidate win for Rivers State so that Obi Urchins go fit cry well well 🤭🤭

223 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by 0monnak0da: 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
A
How can he say that when Atiku is contesting the result
Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by waynetee(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
God will help you Omoluabi

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by God1000(m): 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
They made a deal

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by gasparpisciotta: 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
Papa Mama Pikin

219 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Ventura1: 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
It is DAWN agenda!
All southwest states, alongside President elect Tinubu should energize DAWN agenda, especially on Power and roads.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Throwback: 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
Urheadmaster:
tongue

Makinde have forgotten that tinubu victory is based on discredited mandate.

Discredited by who?

Peter Obi III

Elluu Piii has fallen from top to bottom.

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by domopps(m): 9:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
That’s a way to go

Congratulations GSM

CHEERS

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Faber(m): 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
OBIdients means one thing " those who believe in the political ideology of His Excellency Peter Obi"... Just like the Rastafarians believe in Ras Tafari, that's Haile Selessaie, former emperor of Ethiopia.

I don't know why people are attaching Obidients to every dick tom and harry running under Labour party. Let me tell you many criminals and opportunists were also running on Labour Party platform across many states...we know them
This explains why many people were at home yesterday. Peter Obi was not on the ballot...had it been he was on the ballot...we would have given him millions of votes than the one we gave him on 25th February.

Peace✌️

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Okoroawusa: 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Papa Mama Pikin
Hahahahaha! Why una wicked like this?

236 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by flokii: 9:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
Yes you will.. Omoluabi

246 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Jackson105: 9:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
Makinde is an Omoluabi.

Among the G-5 members, only those that allign with Tinubu is winning, Seyi makinde and wike, the remaining 3 that allign with Peter Obi lost out.

Next time align with a winner not a loser

240 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by waynetee(m): 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
0monnak0da:
A
How can he say that when Atiku is contesting the result

Atiku and obi know it is over already. Tinubu will use his complete 8 years grin

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Ikpaitid: 9:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
Urheadmaster:
tongue

Makinde have forgotten that tinubu victory is based on discredited mandate.

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Ikpaitid: 9:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
Yes,discredited by IPOB losers.
First of all,whatever opinion an IPOB man has doesn't bother Nigerians because we don't recognise IPOB people as Nigerians.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by FreeStuffsNG: 9:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
Ha!! HE Atiku just allowed Senator Ayu to ruin his career.
check my signature for free stuffs!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by LionTiger(m): 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
You worked for him. Simple.

1 Like

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by foleskay(m): 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
O jebiii undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Padipadi(m): 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
Guy don port to Tinubu's camp.
Meanwhile, it remain Ortom & others to get paid. Tinubu has paid Wike and Makinde.

7 Likes

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Ola9ja23: 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2023
Thanks for choosing Asiwaju over Pandora Obituary and Atiku

Oyo delivered for Asiwaju that's why we delivered from you in return

Omoluabi atata. Jeun soke jo

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by Jking20(m): 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2023
I know someone miscreants won't be happy with this news.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by BuhariAdvocate: 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
Oyo state the most organized society in Nigeria. I can boldly say it no state in Nigeria is organized like OYO state.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by haffaze777(m): 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
God bless gov seyi makinde,Babajide sanwo olu,dapo abiodun,sim fibura,Rev father alia, outgoing gov nyesom wike and presidential elect bola Ahmed Tinubu.shinedu will be transported back to Anambra tomorrow morning 🤣

239 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde by JBoss25(m): 9:02am On Mar 20, 2023
Tribalism will consume this country if care is not taken

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Flown To London. / Documents Expose Lawmakers’ Budget Fraud - Premium Times / Osinbajo At The Wedding Of Ekene Nwokoro And Margret Nwankwo In Ebonyi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.