Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome (40906 Views)

Stop Slander, Blackmail Against Judiciary – Onanuga Warns PDP, Atiku / Keyamo: LP ‘Riling Up’ Nigerians Against Judiciary Over Presidential Election / Man Climbs Glo Mast In Kebbi, Says He Won't Come Down Until Buhari Steps Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by naijapikin04(m): 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/01/13/close-courts-buhari-madness-judiciary-reversed-ozekhome/

One of Nigeria’s senior lawyers, Mike Ozekhome, has called for a total shutdown of courts across the country to protest President Muhammadu Buhari’s “onslaught against the judiciary.”

Mr. Ozekhome also urged Nigerians to defend the nation’s democracy, adding that a strong judiciary is one of the fundamental platforms for any meaningful constitutional government.

According to him, the Buhari administration is setting the stage to scuttle the nation’s democracy by using strong hand and brute force.

He argued that the government has been consistently intolerant of dissenting voices and had invaded the homes of judges, laid siege on the National Assembly and the residences of Senate president and his deputy.

“It is clear that this government, which protects its own members, however corrupt and despicable, has blown into full maximum dictatorship, totalitarianism and absolutism. Nigerians must say no to fascism,” Mr. Ozekhome stated.

“The latest onslaught is against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Nkanu Onnoghen, a man of great nobility, erudition and lucidity of thought.

“It has come to light that the government has hurriedly filed charges against Onnoghen, even with a motion (most curiously and unusually), that he should recuse himself from his Chief Justice-ship until the case filed against him is finally determined by the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

“This is to force him out of office. The phoney and ridiculous charges are that Onnoghen failed to declare his assets and that he also maintains domiciliary accounts, contrary to the provisions of the Code of Conduct Bureau Act,” Mr. Ozekhome said.

He insisted that the charges are political, and designed to intimidate the judiciary ahead of the 2019 presidential election and force out Justice Onnoghen, who, as the CJN, will constitute the Presidential Election Tribunal that will entertain disputes arising from the election.

According to him, many facts support the theory including that the petitioner, committed the Freudian slip by anchoring the petition on “bearing in mind the imminence of the 2019 general elections and the overwhelming role of the judicial arm both before and after…”

The second fact, he said is even after the recommendation of Mr. Onnoghen as CJN by the NJC on October 13, 2016, it took Vice President Yemi Osibanjo to appoint him as CJN on March 1, 2017.

He said the appointment followed outrage by a majority of Nigerians, and at a time the president was abroad on medical vacation.

The third fact is Justice Onnoghen became the first Southerner to be made CJN in 30 years, after the last Southerner, Justice Ayo Irikefe, occupied that exalted office in 1987.

81 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by tsephanyah(f): 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
The nicest people tend to often be the ones who have been mistreated the most.

71 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by jchioma: 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
The head of the country’s judiciary cannot be prosecuted while in office until he is oust by the National Judicial Council which must take the decision if the judicial officer is found wanting after its investigation brought against any judge.

Zai baba wants to destroy every gain of democracy and zombies are edging him on to his own destruction.

228 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by PassingShot(m): 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
So, because Onnoghen is the first Southerner to be CJN in 30 years, he must be allowed to be corrupt and trample on our constitution?

The idiots who called for Kemi Adeosun's head for mere NYSC certificates are the same dunces who want Onnogen who has admitted "to forget" to declare his assets (a bank account that has over $700,000 in it) be left alone.

Now I understand why Sarathief was cleared with the speed of light by this corrupt Justice.

If na because of this case una wan burn Nigeria, please go ahead.

184 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by baliyubla: 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
Buhari is a brain dead Lifeless man that must be stopped.

The dullard is ready to soak the dogs and baboons in blood all for power.

If the Lifeless is this desperate pre election, Nigerians should imagine the carnage post election, when the dullard must have been roundly defeated.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by madridguy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by ashcall(m): 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2019
naijapikin04:
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/01/13/close-courts-buhari-madness-judiciary-reversed-ozekhome/

One of Nigeria’s senior lawyers, Mike Ozekhome, has called for a total shutdown of courts across the country to protest President Muhammadu Buhari’s “onslaught against the judiciary.”

Mr. Ozekhome also urged Nigerians to defend the nation’s democracy, adding that a strong judiciary is one of the fundamental platforms for any meaningful constitutional government.

According to him, the Buhari administration is setting the stage to scuttle the nation’s democracy by using strong hand and brute force.

He argued that the government has been consistently intolerant of dissenting voices and had invaded the homes of judges, laid siege on the National Assembly and the residences of Senate president and his deputy.

“It is clear that this government, which protects its own members, however corrupt and despicable, has blown into full maximum dictatorship, totalitarianism and absolutism. Nigerians must say no to fascism,” Mr. Ozekhome stated.

“The latest onslaught is against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Nkanu Onnoghen, a man of great nobility, erudition and lucidity of thought.

“It has come to light that the government has hurriedly filed charges against Onnoghen, even with a motion (most curiously and unusually), that he should recuse himself from his Chief Justice-ship until the case filed against him is finally determined by the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

“This is to force him out of office. The phoney and ridiculous charges are that Onnoghen failed to declare his assets and that he also maintains domiciliary accounts, contrary to the provisions of the Code of Conduct Bureau Act,” Mr. Ozekhome said.

He insisted that the charges are political, and designed to intimidate the judiciary ahead of the 2019 presidential election and force out Justice Onnoghen, who, as the CJN, will constitute the Presidential Election Tribunal that will entertain disputes arising from the election.

According to him, many facts support the theory including that the petitioner, committed the Freudian slip by anchoring the petition on “bearing in mind the imminence of the 2019 general elections and the overwhelming role of the judicial arm both before and after…”

The second fact, he said is even after the recommendation of Mr. Onnoghen as CJN by the NJC on October 13, 2016, it took Vice President Yemi Osibanjo to appoint him as CJN on March 1, 2017.

He said the appointment followed outrage by a majority of Nigerians, and at a time the president was abroad on medical vacation.

The third fact is Justice Onnoghen became the first Southerner to be made CJN in 30 years, after the last Southerner, Justice Ayo Irikefe, occupied that exalted office in 1987.
does mike want his client Dino to remain in police hospital ne.Or why should he be calling for the shorting down of the court with Dino still laying on the floor of security forces offices

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Chizuru01(m): 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2019
Judiciary failed to do their work. Now, he is tasting from bulharis cup of dictatorship.

moral lesson; Don't keep deaf ears wen you are in the position to stop abuse of someone to another. Tomorrow may be your turn to be abused by the same person

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by sportareaowl: 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2019
Grest
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Nobeluscabral: 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2019
Nairalanders you all should be careful when dealing with people.

This dude called Nobelus Cabral scammed me of 800 euros two weeks ago. He promised to pay back by 27th of December when he gets his Paycheck by December 27th but when it was time to pay he blocked me on Facebook, and blocked my 3 numbers on WhatsApp.

The dude reside in Georgia USA and he's feeling that there's nothing that can be done to get him down.
The Internet is a world of its own when I'm done tarnishing this fraudster image he will sure get deported.

My aunt tried sending the money to me to Nigeria through western union but it always get cancelled so i decided to use this dude in USA and agreed he was going to credit me directly to my Naija account after pick up which he agreed and i even told him to take 15% and send the rest. This greedy idiot took everything and blocked me, i still can't believe nobelus would do such to me, money meant for my parents i can't even sleeping with at home again without my dad using words to hurt me and call me demeaning names like" Hungry thief" ur mates are working and you are stealing money your sister is sending to us.

Nobelus you will never go Scott free, never!!!

You think you can scam me of my hard earned 800 euros and go Scott free? Brother I'll tarnish your image everywhere.
Real name - Cabral Nobel Atenkhu
His phone number/WhatsApp - +16786814379
Facebook name - Nobelus Cabra

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2019
That's the best choice.

2 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Hotfreezer: 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2019
List of Mike Ozekhome's clients
Dino Melaye
Ayo Fayose
People's Democratic Party
Sambo Dasuki

This same idiot brought a dumb lawsuit against Buhari regarding his certificate. He also used to defend kidnappers and armed robbers before kidnappers nearly killed him in Benin, that was when he learnt his lesson.

The CJN stated that he forgot to declare some accounts, account that had 700k dollars in it. Who paid monies into that account?

There's a reason Wike, Seriake and SS Governors held a meeting.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by jmaine: 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2019
PassingShot:
So, because Onnoghen is the first Southerner to be CJN in 30 years, he must be allowed to be corrupt and trample on our constitution?

The idiots who called for Kemi Adeosun's head for mere NYSC certificates are the same dunces who want Onnogen who has admitted "to forget" to declare his assets (a bank account that has over $700,000 in it) be left alone.

Now I understand why Sarathief was cleared with the speed of light by this corrupt Justice.

Please educate me.. Has Kemi Adeosun been prosecuted after admitting guilt a whooping 4 months after she was exposed. ..

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Highbhee(m): 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
Thanks to APC... If not for them, who else would give Us Militarized Democrazy?

3 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by islandmoon: 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
APC is preparing for post election tribunal by trying to replace Justice Walter Onnoghen with Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed ??
that is a wrong signal coming from APC camp
!!!

he became a Judge at the Bauchi State Sharia Court of Appeal.

Justice Tanko was born on December 31, 1953 , now Age 66. Buhari should retired him now, the man his due for retirement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Tanko_Muhammad

at Doguwa - Giade, a local government area in Bauchi State, Northern Nigeria.
Tanko began his career in 1982, after he was Call to the bar in 1981, the same year he graduated from the Nigerian Law School. In 1989, he was appointed as Chief Magistrate of the High Court of Federal Capital Territory, a position he held till 1991 when he became a Judge at the Bauchi State Sharia Court of Appeal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by helinues: 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
Ok
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by bekpo(m): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
ashcall:
does mike want his client Dino to remain in police hospital ne.Or why should he be calling for the shorting down of the court with Dino still laying on the floor of security forces offices

Who's he to give such directive?

5 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by onez: 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
We have a full blown tyrant and a big failure in our hands.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by AntiWailer: 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
Everybody is a thief approach works for this hopeless country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by deebrain(m): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
Only God can help us...

And I say it with every sense of dignity.

PVC won't work against the emerging dictatorship

4 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by lecowas: 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
Ozekhome is one of the greatest beneficiaries of anti graft war. He should appreciate Buhari for giving him fame and money. He will forever be remembered as the defender of the corrupt and the protector of the looters. grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Grafixnuel(m): 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
cool
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by FLYFIRE(m): 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
PassingShot:

Did buhari declare his own assets?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Zico5(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
ok
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Asshurbanipall: 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
This illiterate cow-herder must be taught a lesson

2 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Shawnnn01: 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
Nobeluscabral:
Nairalanders you all should be careful when dealing with people.

This dude called Nobelus Cabral scammed me of 800 euros two weeks ago. He promised to pay back by 27th of December when he gets his Paycheck by December 27th but when it was time to pay he blocked me on Facebook, and blocked my 3 numbers on WhatsApp.

The dude reside in Georgia USA and he's feeling that there's nothing that can be done to get him down.
The Internet is a world of its own when I'm done tarnishing this fraudster image he will sure get deported.

My aunt tried sending the money to me to Nigeria through western union but it always get cancelled so i decided to use this dude in USA and agreed he was going to credit me directly to my Naija account after pick up which he agreed and i even told him to take 15% and send the rest. This greedy idiot took everything and blocked me, i still can't believe nobelus would do such to me, money meant for my parents i can't even sleeping with at home again without my dad using words to hurt me and call me demeaning names like" Hungry thief" ur mates are working and you are stealing money your sister is sending to us.

Nobelus you will never go Scott free, never!!!

You think you can scam me of my hard earned 800 euros and go Scott free? Brother I'll tarnish your image everywhere.
Real name - Cabral Nobel Atenkhu
His phone number/WhatsApp - +16786814379
Facebook name - Nobelus Cabra
Add his close friend on FB Twitter n instagram and post. Ensure you add his friends first because he will block you but his friends n family will know he is a thief.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Princedapace(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
PassingShot:

But did ur Buhari persecute Kemi? She was meant to be handed over to the police and tried. Fake certificate is a crime..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by topstone4: 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
jchioma:
The head of the country’s judiciary cannot be prosecuted while in office until he is oust by the National Judicial Council which must take the decision if the judicial officer is found wanting after its investigation brought against any judge.

Zai baba wants to destroy every gain of democracy and zombies are edging him on to his own destruction.

Buhari simply wants to remove anyone that will not make his rigging plan to work and impose his own people.

10 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by AntiWailer: 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
FLYFIRE:

Did buhari declare his own assets?

He did

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Auladimeji1: 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
jmaine:

Please educate me.. Has Kemi Adeosun been prosecuted after admitting guilt a whooping 4 months after she was exposed. ..
Did she resign?Yes or No

5 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 13, 2019
isn't this the lawyer that looters and thieves and embezzlers of public funds call to represent them whenever they have a case in court?

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

John Okafor: Mr. Ibu Joins Labour Party, Supports Peter Obi (Video, Photos) / Tinubu Calls Dolapo Osinbajo ‘Wife Of The President’ (Video) / Wike Seals Jones Ogbonda's Hotel, Bar In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.