Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome (40934 Views)

Stop Slander, Blackmail Against Judiciary – Onanuga Warns PDP, Atiku / Keyamo: LP ‘Riling Up’ Nigerians Against Judiciary Over Presidential Election / Man Climbs Glo Mast In Kebbi, Says He Won't Come Down Until Buhari Steps Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Auladimeji1: 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
jmaine:

No, she wasn't relieved of her job, she resigned and was given a presidential pass to escape justice.

The ICT minister is still retaining his job as minister despite been exposed.. Any explanations to that ?
He should also resign and wait for presidential pass from Atiku since you believe that he will win
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Joyrise: 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
jchioma:
The head of the country’s judiciary cannot be prosecuted while in office until he is oust by the National Judicial Council which must take the decision if the judicial officer is found wanting after its investigation brought against any judge.

Zai baba wants to destroy every gain of democracy and zombies are edging him on to his own destruction.

I prefer the so called democracy to be lost and we go back to days of military than this sso called madness of politians looting the whole nations treasury in the name of democracy. Pls tell me what gain we have actually seen in this so called demo-nonsense. Let the courts be closed and the country go back to military era and we see how much rich politician will remain in Nigeria.

Ezekhome has been one of the highest beneficiary of the so called system of govt as his a high bidder for corrupt political individual

1 Like

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by FLYFIRE(m): 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
AntiWailer:

He did
Did he declare ALL? 4+0=4
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by jmaine: 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
Auladimeji1:
He should also resign and wait for presidential pass from Atiku since you believe that he will win

You are not making any sense. Appears am chatting with Sarrki ? So bye... embarassed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Asshurbanipall: 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
Princedapace:

But did ur Buhari persecute Kemi? She was meant to be handed over to the police and tried. Fake certificate is a crime..

Don't mind these useless hopeless hypocritical zombiesss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Auladimeji1: 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
topstone4:

Yoruba Muslim, you are an idiot to think only a particular tribe opposes Buhari

Even your parents will declare to you that you are a born idiot. Is Aisha Yesufu from my tribe? You are a born idiot.
You are a product of damage condom. Useless thing

I will never be a Muslim, I'm a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by AntiWailer: 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
FLYFIRE:

Did he declare ALL? 4+0=4

The burden of proof is on u.

Mention things u know that he did not declare.
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by LZAA: 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
naijapikin04:
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/01/13/close-courts-buhari-madness-judiciary-reversed-ozekhome/

One of Nigeria’s senior lawyers, Mike Ozekhome, has called for a total shutdown of courts across the country to protest President Muhammadu Buhari’s “onslaught against the judiciary.”

Mr. Ozekhome also urged Nigerians to defend the nation’s democracy, adding that a strong judiciary is one of the fundamental platforms for any meaningful constitutional government.

According to him, the Buhari administration is setting the stage to scuttle the nation’s democracy by using strong hand and brute force.

He argued that the government has been consistently intolerant of dissenting voices and had invaded the homes of judges, laid siege on the National Assembly and the residences of Senate president and his deputy.

“It is clear that this government, which protects its own members, however corrupt and despicable, has blown into full maximum dictatorship, totalitarianism and absolutism. Nigerians must say no to fascism,” Mr. Ozekhome stated.

“The latest onslaught is against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Nkanu Onnoghen, a man of great nobility, erudition and lucidity of thought.

“It has come to light that the government has hurriedly filed charges against Onnoghen, even with a motion (most curiously and unusually), that he should recuse himself from his Chief Justice-ship until the case filed against him is finally determined by the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

“This is to force him out of office. The phoney and ridiculous charges are that Onnoghen failed to declare his assets and that he also maintains domiciliary accounts, contrary to the provisions of the Code of Conduct Bureau Act,” Mr. Ozekhome said.

He insisted that the charges are political, and designed to intimidate the judiciary ahead of the 2019 presidential election and force out Justice Onnoghen, who, as the CJN, will constitute the Presidential Election Tribunal that will entertain disputes arising from the election.

According to him, many facts support the theory including that the petitioner, committed the Freudian slip by anchoring the petition on “bearing in mind the imminence of the 2019 general elections and the overwhelming role of the judicial arm both before and after…”

The second fact, he said is even after the recommendation of Mr. Onnoghen as CJN by the NJC on October 13, 2016, it took Vice President Yemi Osibanjo to appoint him as CJN on March 1, 2017.

He said the appointment followed outrage by a majority of Nigerians, and at a time the president was abroad on medical vacation.

The third fact is Justice Onnoghen became the first Southerner to be made CJN in 30 years, after the last Southerner, Justice Ayo Irikefe, occupied that exalted office in 1987.
Try telling BMC zombies this and watch them defend impunity
The dvllard must return to his 100 cows in daura
Cc immhotep sarrki deomelllo madridguy

4 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by madridguy(m): 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
Where's the corruption am defending? The said CJN admitted his mistake yet criminal minded like you want to paint it as if PMB has any personal problem with him. Let him arrange his defend counsel and stop embarrassing yourself.

topstone4:

But you are also defending corruption. So, how are you different?

So, for how long do you want to drag your children unborn in the mud of blindness? If you aren't careful, your children will stone you for being a useless father.

2 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by GoodGovernance: 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
PassingShot:
So, because Onnoghen is the first Southerner to be CJN in 30 years, he must be allowed to be corrupt and trample on our constitution?

The idiots who called for Kemi Adeosun's head for mere NYSC certificates are the same dunces who want Onnogen who has admitted "to forget" to declare his assets (a bank account that has over $700,000 in it) be left alone.

Now I understand why Sarathief was cleared with the speed of light by this corrupt Justice.

If na because of this case una wan burn Nigeria, please go ahead.

Moreover,what has Buhari got to do with this case?

Anyway,Buhari seems to be the man of the moment grin:

If Dog barks, na Buhari
If fire breaks, na Buhari
If ocean overflow,na Buhari

-INEC makes its independent appointment,na Buhari
_EFCC prosecutes or refuse to prosecute someone,na Buhari
-Police arrest/brutalises, without Buhari's consent,na still Buhari

So government agencies can not operate independently, without Buhari undecided

5 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
LZAA:

Try telling BMC zombies this and watch them defend impunity
The dvllard must return to his 100 cows in daura
Cc immhotep sarrki deomelllo madridguy
Next level of cow reasoning grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by searchlight: 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
PassingShot:
So, because Onnoghen is the first Southerner to be CJN in 30 years, he must be allowed to be corrupt and trample on our constitution?

The idiots who called for Kemi Adeosun's head for mere NYSC certificates are the same dunces who want Onnogen who has admitted "to forget" to declare his assets (a bank account that has over $700,000 in it) be left alone.

Now I understand why Sarathief was cleared with the speed of light by this corrupt Justice.

zombies everywhere in the zoo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by enemyofprogress: 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
Let's born down this country once and for all jo
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Cmeo(m): 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
Yrur
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by chieyine(m): 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
tsephanyah:
The nicest people tend to often be the ones who have been mistreated the most.
Your quotes and front page
Hello kiss
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by PDJT: 1:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
Nobeluscabral:
Nairalanders you all should be careful when dealing with people.

This dude called Nobelus Cabral scammed me of 800 euros two weeks ago. He promised to pay back by 27th of December when he gets his Paycheck by December 27th but when it was time to pay he blocked me on Facebook, and blocked my 3 numbers on WhatsApp.

The dude reside in Georgia USA and he's feeling that there's nothing that can be done to get him down.
The Internet is a world of its own when I'm done tarnishing this fraudster image he will sure get deported.

My aunt tried sending the money to me to Nigeria through western union but it always get cancelled so i decided to use this dude in USA and agreed he was going to credit me directly to my Naija account after pick up which he agreed and i even told him to take 15% and send the rest. This greedy idiot took everything and blocked me, i still can't believe nobelus would do such to me, money meant for my parents i can't even sleeping with at home again without my dad using words to hurt me and call me demeaning names like" Hungry thief" ur mates are working and you are stealing money your sister is sending to us.

Nobelus you will never go Scott free, never!!!

You think you can scam me of my hard earned 800 euros and go Scott free? Brother I'll tarnish your image everywhere.
Real name - Cabral Nobel Atenkhu
His phone number/WhatsApp - +16786814379
Facebook name - Nobelus Cabra

-If true, this is bad, really bad! Anyone resident in the USA, who can help or atleast call the provided mobile number should do so, and ask the bloke to refund the guy and redeem the trust bestowed on his person. Betrayal of trust is extremely despicable.

1 Like

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by PassingShot(m): 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
Joystark:

I don't think what people want is for the money to be forgotten. The whole thing looks like prosecution now. Besides, I think there's a procedure to issues like this. First the matter has to be investigated by the NJC or something and they will be the one to order the CJN to vacate Office.... As they are an umbrella body housing him too.

The President cannot just up and tell him to leave office. What if the man is investigated and found innocent (I know that's unlikely), but what if? By then the order by PMB would have totally tarnished his image. Hand the issue over to the NJC, they nominated him after all.

Democracy exists so that power would not be totally vested in a single body... That's why there are procedures. However, if we are going back to the time where one person is alpha and omega... Just know we are no longer a democratic Nation.
He heads the NJc and as such NJC can’t handle his case.

Secondly, he has owned up to his failure to declare the concerned assets. So, the honorable thing is for him to resign. If he fails to do that, he won’t have the moral uprightness to sit as the head of our judiciary.

2 Likes

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by sweetgala(m): 1:55pm On Jan 13, 2019
jmaine:

Please educate me.. Has Kemi Adeosun been prosecuted after admitting guilt a whooping 4 months after she was exposed. ..

I do believe she took the noble route out. She stepped down and moved on.
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by bionixs: 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
PassingShot:

if I hear you say corrupt again, YOU will come under a curse. who among your demi gods has the moral right to call another corrupt?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by enemyofprogress: 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
Nobeluscabral:

This dude called Nobelus Cabral scammed me of 800 euros two weeks ago. He promised to pay back by 27th of December when he gets his Paycheck by December 27th but when it was time to pay he blocked me on Facebook, and blocked my 3 numbers on WhatsApp.

The dude reside in Georgia USA and he's feeling that there's nothing that can be done to get him down.
The Internet is a world of its own when I'm done tarnishing this fraudster image he will sure get deported.

My aunt tried sending the money to me to Nigeria through western union but it always get cancelled so i decided to use this dude in USA and agreed he was going to credit me directly to my Naija account after pick up which he agreed and i even told him to take 15% and send the rest. This greedy idiot took everything and blocked me, i still can't believe nobelus would do such to me, money meant for my parents i can't even sleeping with at home again without my dad using words to hurt me and call me demeaning names like" Hungry thief" ur mates are working and you are stealing money your sister is sending to us.

You think you can scam me of my hard earned 800 euros and go Scott free? Brother I'll tarnish your image everywhere.
can the American embassy in Nigeria help you get at the bastard?
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by maasoap(m): 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
Undisputed Number One corrupt SAN in Nigeria has spoken
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Joystark(f): 1:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
PassingShot:

He heads the NJc and as such NJC can’t handle his case.

Secondly, he has owned up to his failure to declare the concerned assets. So, the honorable thing is for him to resign. If he fails to do that, he won’t have the moral uprightness to sit as the head of our judiciary.

Okay, if he leaves now, who will replace him?
Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by Ayemileto(m): 1:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
Joyrise:

I prefer the so called democracy to be lost and we go back to days of military than this sso called madness of politians looting the whole nations treasury in the name of democracy. Pls tell me what gain we have actually seen in this so called demo-nonsense. Let the courts be closed and the country go back to military era and we see how much rich politician will remain in Nigeria.

Ezekhome has been one of the highest beneficiary of the so called system of govt as his a high bidder for corrupt political individual

So military men didn't loot our treasury? Abacha is a politician right? All those former head of state or military governors that have unexplained wealth are all politicians right?
Who started the corruption and embezzlement era?

Of all the former Presidents we have since we returned to democracy, how many of them were not once in the military? - Only Goodluck!

Since Nigeria independence, how many years have we spent in democracy and how many years in military

If you think military government will favour you and they (the military) won't steal our resources, then you must be dreaming.

The best thing is to continue our Democratic government, our democracy will mature with time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Down Courts Until Buhari Madness Against Judiciary Is Reversed - Ozekhome by 234billionaires: 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
Nobeluscabral:

Your story is not correct the 800 Euro you are talking about is the proceed of Yahoo Yahoo scam,you even called the person 'Runner' .....lick your wound bro,we we're not there when the deal was brokered.
Ole ,omo ale jati jati

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani Reacts To Onoghen's Suspension / Protests Erupt In Italy, Bulgaria Against Arms Supplies To Ukraine / Keyamo: I Am Happy About The Issues Obi Raised In His Election Petitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.