Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! (10370 Views)

Toyota Corolla Vs Lexus ES 330 / Collections Of Luxury Cars In Dubai Police Force Fleet / Lexus RX 330 Vs Lexus RX 350: What Are Different Points? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by sooperrescue(m): 12:10pm On May 02, 2020
searchng4love:

Epitome of unreliability... Happy towing

Thanks for your compliments. I won't make much speech. Let me drop from my towing truck. The full options in a 2002 E240 Mercedes Benz is what a two thousand and Nineteen Toyota Camry is equipping their cars with now and if it is for Toyota, then it is the same thing with Lexus, Infinity, Acura. So no basis for comparison with a Mercedes Benz and those voitures qui venais du Japon. I am leaving now. Duty calls, Lockdown is over. Congratulations to all Nairalanders Car Talk crew members. Those very active in romance section, please show love. Heavenlybang, I won't mind you. The current Range Rover being used as tow truck was what my Uncle bought in 1982 brand new. It shows reliability. A 38 years old car helping stranded vehicles since AD began.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 02, 2020
sooperrescue:

Thanks for your compliments. I won't make much speech. Let me drop from my towing truck. The full options in a 2002 E240 Mercedes Benz is what a two thousand and Nineteen Toyota Camry is equipping their cars with now and if it is for Toyota, then it is the same thing with Lexus, Infinity, Acura. So no basis for comparison with a Mercedes Benz and those voitures qui venais du Japon. I am leaving now. Duty calls, Lockdown is over. Congratulations to all Nairalanders Car Talk crew members. Those very active in romance section, please show love. Heavenlybang, I won't mind you. The current Range Rover being used as tow truck was what my Uncle bought in 1982 brand new. It shows reliability. A 38 years old car helping stranded vehicles since AD began.

Interesting. What are these options please?
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:10pm On May 02, 2020
sooperrescue:

Very interesting. What rationalmind said, please. Tell us the options.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 1:18pm On May 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Very interesting. What rationalmind said, please. Tell us the options.
Don't be hypocritical. You know some of them.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:19pm On May 02, 2020
searchng4love:

Don't be hypocritical. You know some of them.

No, I don't. Enlighten me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 1:31pm On May 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

No, I don't. Enlighten me.
For example.... When did Toyota Camry enable window lowering with car keys?
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:33pm On May 02, 2020
searchng4love:

No idea, but pretty sure I had that on my 04 ES330.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 1:34pm On May 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Benz started that in 1997. Now compare 97 - 2004.. cheesy that's just one
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Fentanyl: 1:35pm On May 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

the second car I ever owned was a 2003 Solara SLE Coupe V6, and pressing down and holding the unlock button on the remote would wind down all the windows and the sunroof

much hype about nothing
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 1:35pm On May 02, 2020
Fentanyl:

the second car I ever owned was a 2003 Solara SLE Coupe V6, and pressing down and holding the unlock button on the remote would wind down all the windows and the sunroof

much hype about nothing
97-2003...mook!
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:36pm On May 02, 2020
searchng4love:

Benz started that in 1997. Now compare 97 - 2004.. cheesy that's just one

Seven years. A far cry from the 18 year difference someone said above.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Fentanyl: 1:37pm On May 02, 2020
meanwhile, please what regular production vehicle had the worlds first ever 8 speed transmission?

and which manufacturer copied that 8 speed transmission just a few years later?

lol

keep lying to yourselves
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Fentanyl: 1:38pm On May 02, 2020
there are a lot of similarities between these Mercedes noisemakers and people who support Trump

that should tell you a lot about both categories of people
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 1:42pm On May 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Seven years. A far cry from the 18 year difference someone said above.

The 2009 Camry muscle can't... Not sure of the 2010..

It was embarrassing for a colleague who owns the Camry muscle to see what technology were installed in regular Benz
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:46pm On May 02, 2020
searchng4love:

The 2009 Camry muscle can't... Not sure of the 2010..

It was embarrassing for a colleague who owns the Camry muscle to see what technology were installed in regular Benz

Probably a base model.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Fentanyl: 1:47pm On May 02, 2020
let them keep lying to themselves

the 2007 lexus LS had an 8 speed automatic transmission and had automated parking guidance

it was the first car in the world to have both of those features

it took Mercedes about 10 years to upgrade their transmission from the 7G tonic 7 speed

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 02, 2020
searchng4love:

So this is the 2002 E240 option that a 2019 Toyota/Lexus/Infiniti/Acura is just being equipped with?

You're doing a bad job so far cheesy, let's wait for sooperrescue to tell us those options.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 02, 2020
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 1:50pm On May 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Probably a base model.

Benz is across board. Why lexus had to wait until 2003/4 baffles me
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Fentanyl: 1:55pm On May 02, 2020
searchng4love:

Benz is across board. Why lexus had to wait until 2003/4 baffles me

lol

this is what fear looks like, when faced with superior facts the typical response of benz or nothing airheads is shown below:

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Fentanyl:

lol

this is what fear looks like, when faced with superior facts the typical response of benz or nothing airheads is shown below:

Say something intelligent... I might dignify you with some response.. Try!
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Fentanyl: 2:27pm On May 02, 2020
meanwhile where is the range rover braggart?

cars start, drive and stop

with a range rover, you are only guaranteed one of those three options

range rover my foot

white elephants

cow dung is still cow dung, even if you wrap it up in a fancy box with a ridiculous price tag and give it a fancy name like Bovine Products
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by sooperrescue(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2020
Back from my trip. BAS. Brake assist system. The EU years back passed a law that no car will enter the EU if they are not equipped with the BAS. Auto climate control. Drove from Lafia to Jos in my E240 and as I entered Jos, the climate control changed to heater. RDS, Radio Data service. From 1999, cool fm and Eko FM were the only stations that were equipped with the service. It was standard option in MB. I should not add ABS, vanity mirror, 6 CD loaders, Cruise control, side mirror pointers. For the key that brings down and raises windows, it was only MB and they sold the technology to Honda but Honda can only bring it down but never raise it up. Monday is work day. Let me go and sweep the workshop. I want to hit the ground running. Please how does one hit the ground and start to run? Except from a mango tree and the owner is under the tree.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:48pm On May 02, 2020
sooperrescue:
Back from my trip. BAS. Brake assist system. The EU years back passed a law that no car will enter the EU if they are not equipped with the BAS. Auto climate control. Drove from Lafia to Jos in my E240 and as I entered Jos, the climate control changed to heater. RDS, Radio Data service. From 1999, cool fm and Eko FM were the only stations that were equipped with the service. It was standard option in MB. I should not add ABS, vanity mirror, 6 CD loaders, Cruise control, side mirror pointers. For the key that brings down and raises windows, it was only MB and they sold the technology to Honda but Honda can only bring it down but never raise it up. Monday is work day. Let me go and sweep the workshop. I want to hit the ground running. Please how does one hit the ground and start to run? Except from a mango tree and the owner is under the tree.

What's your point? That Toyota introduced these features in 2020 or what?
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by kingreign(m): 2:51pm On May 02, 2020
sooperrescue:
A 1992 LS400 has ABS, cruise control, auto climate control, dual vanity mirrors, auto dimming mirrors, auto roll down and up windows. A 97 RX300 has all these too. I wonder where you get all your misinformation and loop-sided ideas that Japanese were stripped basic vehicles. It pays to read and study and also experience other things rather than hastily conclude with fallacies.

Ignorance is not good, sha.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 3:06pm On May 02, 2020
kingreign:

A 1992 LS400 has ABS, cruise control, auto climate control, dual vanity mirrors, auto dimming mirrors, auto roll down and up windows. A 97 RX300 has all these too. I wonder where you get all your misinformation and loop-sided ideas that Japanese were stripped basic vehicles. It pays to read and study and also experience other things rather than hastily conclude with fallacies.

that was a complete piration of the S Klasse.....

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2020
searchng4love:

that was a complete piration of the S Klasse.....

Lexus took the S Class, then made it better and cheaper. Made the three Germans cry.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 02, 2020
7 series BMW from 2003 upward would thrash any of her counterpart. Bring your S class, A8. I owned the 2007 750i for 2 years. That car is a packed of beast, luxury and reliability.
I don't consider RX, ES Lexus and G series of Infiniti luxury brands.

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 3:16pm On May 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lexus took the S Class, then made it better and cheaper. Made the three Germans cry.

PARTIALLY TRUE
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 3:18pm On May 02, 2020
luxy44:
7 series BMW from 2003 upward would thrash any of her counterpart. Bring your S class, A8. I owned the 2007 750i for 2 years. That car is a packed of beast, luxury and reliability.

This is how you fail examinations....read the topic again .... calm down ....while at it ...replace your BMW's plastic water pump impeller...

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by sooperrescue(m): 3:28pm On May 02, 2020
kingreign:

When did Toyota introduce abs? Bas, climate control, vanity mirror or cruise control? I said Toyota camry 2019. Lexus LS400 1992 was copying 1983 380 sel. I bought the benz from in 1996 and it was the first car that I drove on cruise control at 200km per hour.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Drive Automatic Transmissions With Both Legs? / Car Tracking Story: How I Recovered My Stolen Vehicle... / Candid Advice On Choice Btw Honda Accord Or Toyota Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.