Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! (10376 Views)

Toyota Corolla Vs Lexus ES 330 / Collections Of Luxury Cars In Dubai Police Force Fleet / Lexus RX 330 Vs Lexus RX 350: What Are Different Points? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 9:13am On May 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

2.48s, actually.

And don't be obtuse, Brabus isn't affiliated with Mercedes; it's just an aftermarket tuning company. Since you want to play that game, though, here's a tuned GTR for you.

Btw, I know you like the attention. I'm just replying you because I don't really have anything else to do right now.

Liar liar open a thread maybe I'd dignify you with some schooling.... I am not interested in your cocky screenshots
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by 9icetoo(m): 12:17pm On May 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I was waiting for this. You see, I didn't bring a flagship. I brought an equally-priced car.

It's a shame that the LS460 craps all over the CLS when they're priced the same.
Totally craps on it. grin
380 vs 320. I know which I'd take. cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by DownChelsea(f): 1:34pm On May 03, 2020
AmuDimpka:
is it you .... I totally understand your positio
But the truth is that every car fanatic will tell you that ..never compare European brands with Asia especially Benz, BMW, Aston Martin, Royce , Fiat , citreon with any Japanese model....

Please don't do that ..in auto world it is like a blasphemy... It's like saying comodo lizard is stronger than a Gator....

Lexus is just a rebadged Toyota with more plastics while infinity is just Nissan with a different logo
be reasonable
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 1:36pm On May 03, 2020
DownChelsea:
be reasonable
He's right
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Homguy(m): 1:39pm On May 03, 2020
nurey:

We at nissan motors arent interested in competing with others, our yesterdays technology is others tommorrow discovery.
lol, sure you shouldn't be interested. You want to burn out your shitty CVTs? If its so hard to make half decent transmission for you, you shouldnt be anywhere near this page. Heck! Even '19 altimas still have Cvt failures.
Oddly, i drive a nissan but am trading soon.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 1:43pm On May 03, 2020
Homguy:
lol, sure you shouldn't be interested. You want to burn out your shitty CVTs? If its so hard to make half decent transmission for you, you shouldnt be anywhere near this page. Heck! Even '19 altimas still have Cvt failures.

With the terrible reputation they still merged or were bought over by Renault another terrible coy.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Homguy(m): 1:48pm On May 03, 2020
Fentanyl:

this is a guide on how to avoid the issues and hope misdirection will save inferior arguments

range rovers are consistently some of the most unreliable contraptions ever manufactured

oga range rover himself knows this to be true, which is why he is not directly disputing that fact

that is how he makes a living, afterall
i know you want to win an argument. But I only just stated a fact. scotty is a toyota fan boy, hates computers in vehicles and prefers the straight forward approach of the Japs esp Toyota. If you know scotty, you know this. being so skewed, his judgements should be taken with a pinch of salt. If you argue this i wont reply your comments anymore as you are obviously out of your depths.

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 1:49pm On May 03, 2020
Homguy:
i know you want to win an argument. But I only just stated a fact. scotty is a toyota fan boy, hates computers in vehicles and prefers the straight forward approach of the Japs esp Toyota. If you know scotty, you know this. So being so skewed, his judgements should be taken with a pinch of salt. If you argue this i wont reply your comments anymore as you are obviously out of your depths.

Enjoy your Sunday...stop associating with mooks

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Homguy(m): 1:54pm On May 03, 2020
searchng4love:

Enjoy your Sunday...stop associating with mooks
grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Fentanyl: 1:59pm On May 03, 2020
Homguy:
i know you want to win an argument. But I only just stated a fact. scotty is a toyota fan boy, hates computers in vehicles and prefers the straight forward approach of the Japs esp Toyota. If you know scotty, you know this. being so skewed, his judgements should be taken with a pinch of salt. If you argue this i wont reply your comments anymore as you are obviously out of your depths.

lol, this clown again

your problem is you think you're the only one who knows anything about anything here, the problem with that theory is that it's wrong and you're quite ignorant

you also chose not to see my original comment which was

Fentanyl:
scotty is sometimes a nuisance, but he has has some great ideas

I wont waste my time debating with you, you're not worth the effort

join weyreypey aka searchng4love AKA smartchoices and his other numerous alternate monikers and keep feasting on your collective ignorance
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by nurey(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2020
Homguy:

When you pioneer a technology, there are bound to be errors, nissan has always been a forerunner in cvt tech and a winner at that.

Engine and power is evolving faster than cvts reason for some minor complaints in some lineups. Nissan has been a problem solving company during the days of datsun and nothing has changed currently as we are bigger, better and more reliable whats more we are the biggest partners to tech giants (samsung, google) expect cutting edge tech very soon and thanks for been a loyal customer, nissan cares
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Homguy(m): 3:31pm On May 03, 2020
nurey:

When you pioneer a technology, there are bound to be errors, nissan has always been a forerunner in cvt tech and a winner at that.

Engine and power is evolving faster than cvts reason for some minor complaints in some lineups. Nissan has been a problem solving company during the days of datsun and nothing has changed currently as we are bigger, better and more reliable whats more we are the biggest partners to tech giants (samsung, google) expect cutting edge tech very soon and thanks for been a loyal customer, nissan cares
lol, from 2007 till present(about 13 years) is enough time for Nissan to get their cvt game right. Dont even get me started on nissan keyfobs. I am on at least on 2 nissan forums and i see complaints.
You know, i got a 2006 c230 from auctions last month and it came standard with features my 2011 altima could only dream about unless i upgraded to the SL trim,and thats an entry level merc.
In this talk, i know you know cars, but nissan/infinity should just be by the sides watching.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2020
Homguy:
lol, from 2007 till present(about 13 years) is enough time for Nissan to get their cvt game right. Dont even get me started on nissan keyfobs. I am on at least on 2 nissan forums and i see complaints.
You know, i got a 2006 c230 from auctions last month and it came standard with features my 2011 altima could only dream about unless i upgraded to the SL trim,and thats an entry level merc.
In this talk, i know you know cars, but nissan/infinity should just be by the sides watching.

>Buys a base Nissan Altima.
>Generalizes

Take a seat.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Homguy(m): 3:37pm On May 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

>Buys a base Nissan Altima.
>Generalizes

Take a seat.
bought a base entry level merc, 5 years older too. Drives better, with more whistles.
Your G35x is the last groundbreaking made by infinity. I know you know that.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:46pm On May 03, 2020
Homguy:
bought a base entry level merc, 5 years older too. Drives better, with more whistles.

Cost over 10k more brand new, though. Aren't you factoring in price? Are you expecting a commuter economy car to be as loaded as a entry-level luxury car?

The Continental GT is Bentley's cheapest car, but do you think even a fully loaded C Class compares? There are levels to this, bruv. No one in their right senses compares Nissan to Mercedes in terms of luxury.

While I agree that the V36 G35/G37 were Infiniti's last great cars, the current Q60 is nothing to snort at either. I'd easily take a Q60 Red Sport over a C300.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by nurey(m): 3:50pm On May 03, 2020
Homguy:
At Nissan motors we dont discriminate grin enjoy your benz, we will also welcome you back with open arms when the benz is done with you.

Nissan still cares

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by valarinz: 4:17pm On May 03, 2020
nurey:

At Nissan motors we dont discriminate grin enjoy your benz, we will also welcome you back with open arms when the benz is done with you.

Nissan still cares

nurey:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Homguy(m): 4:24pm On May 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Cost over 10k more brand new, though. Aren't you factoring in price? Are you expecting a commuter economy car to be as loaded as a entry-level luxury car?

The Continental GT is Bentley's cheapest car, but do you think even a fully loaded C Class compares? There are levels to this, bruv. No one in their right senses compares Nissan to Mercedes in terms of luxury.

While I agree that the V36 G35/G37 were Infiniti's last great cars, the current Q60 is nothing to snort at either. I'd easily take a Q60 Red Sport over a C300.
funny, i expected a better argument from you. Comparing a 200,000 dollars plus car to a 30,000+ car. Thats exactly why a C class cannot/should not be compared to a Bentley, and a nissan/infiniti cannot be compared to a merc of same class or AMG (as in your Red sport).
My point is nissan/infinity does not fit in this comparison. If you agree, case settled.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 4:26pm On May 03, 2020
Homguy:
funny, i expected a better argument from you. Comparing a 200,000 dollars plus car to a 30,000+ car. Thats exactly why a C class cannot/should not be compared to a Bentley, and a nissan/infiniti cannot be compared to a merc of same class or AMG (as in your Red sport).
My point is nissan/infinity does not fit in this comparison. If you agree, case settled.

You're offending me sir. It's Renault/Nissan/Infinity.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:40pm On May 03, 2020
Homguy:

That's the exact point I'm making. Oh, and a fully loaded C63s gets to 100k. A Continental GT is 210k. That's a 100% differential.

The 2011 Altima cost 24k brand new. Adjusting for inflation is $27,500.
The 2006 C230 cost 29,000 brand new. Adjusting for inflation is $38,000.

That's about a 40% differential. So, yes, there's a disparity in the analogy. But it's not quite invalid, especially since prices differences in the budget segment are much smaller. In fact, if I were to compare a fully loaded E Class to a Bentley Continental GT, the difference in prices would be similar to the difference between your Altima and C230.

What am I trying to say? Cars belong to different segments. You don't get to compare them without considering pricing. The difference between your 2011 Altima and 2006 C230 is as about the same as the difference between a E Class and Bentley Continental GT.

It kind of feels like you're just talking without any hands on experience. I've been in multiple W204s and they aren't really more luxurious than my G35. You'd be hard-pressed to find feature on the C300 that wasn't on a G37. Those are similarly priced cars.

Likewise, you can check out images of the Q60's interior and the interior of a C300. Same year. Both cabins are very high quality. Again, similarly priced cars.

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Fentanyl: 5:09pm On May 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

... It kind of feels like you're just talking without any hands on experience.

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by nurey(m): 5:18pm On May 03, 2020
searchng4love:

You're offending me sir. It's Renault/Nissan/Infinity.

The same renault you are dissing makes engine for benz A and B class since 2012, sells more cars than benz every year for the past 5years, has a stake in diamler AG, has more successful collaborations than benz and its reliability is not in question.

Renault has and is still manufacturing tanks, tractors, airplane engines and other heavy equipment. Respect isnt bought, it is EARNED, i hope you would be a better enlightened benz fan boy

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by searchng4love: 5:20pm On May 03, 2020
THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING AND COMMENTING. THE BIG BOYS MERCEDES FANS ARE DONE. LET THE VULTURES. (RENAULT/NISSAN) FANS PICK THE LEFTOVERS.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Smartchoiices(m): 9:00pm On May 04, 2020
searchng4love:

Asawambay
Weyrepey
Legalo
Fentanyl
Comradejoshua

It is curious that you always comment after heavenlybang.... I would have said heavenlybang is a coward.. running to a different moniker after defeats... But what do I expect from a liar....
. Thank you for exposing his alternates.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by revilomichaels(m): 6:59pm On May 11, 2020
Nairaland is a very funny place

Bring an interesting Thread. The first ten comments will adhere to the topic and write peacefully... the rest na fight, arguments on who is who and fight

I just read the first page and went to the last page Bc I already know how it works....

My Take on Luxury Cars
It just depends on what you call luxury.
E.g Nigerians have their own way of interpreting luxury.
Benz can never be taken out from luxury cars. Although a lot of cars are giving out a lot of techs.
My brother owns a Citroen SUV, he wanted to change it to buy Benz gl250 2015 model.
We checked the techs in the Citroen and the Benz doesn’t have lots of it.

I simply advices him to stick with his car or buy a higher Citroen or newer Benz.

Tech is his luxury like warm chair,navigation, weight control tech, Assist Driver( this is where the car even knows if you fall asleep and it will vibrate and warn u) etc
These are luxury to him

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Conductor261: 12:25am On May 12, 2020
revilomichaels:
Nairaland is a very funny place

Bring an interesting Thread. The first ten comments will adhere to the topic and write peacefully... the rest na fight, arguments on who is who and fight

I just read the first page and went to the last page Bc I already know how it works....

My Take on Luxury Cars
It just depends on what you call luxury.
E.g Nigerians have their own way of interpreting luxury.
Benz can never be taken out from luxury cars. Although a lot of cars are giving out a lot of techs.
My brother owns a Citroen SUV, he wanted to change it to buy Benz gl250 2015 model.
We checked the techs in the Citroen and the Benz doesn’t have lots of it.

I simply advices him to stick with his car or buy a higher Citroen or newer Benz.

Tech is his luxury like warm chair,navigation, weight control tech, Assist Driver( this is where the car even knows if you fall asleep and it will vibrate and warn u) etc
These are luxury to him

French cars are quite complicated
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by ivoryhouse(m): 7:02am On May 12, 2020
Interesting discussion. Toyota's Celica (with the beams 3sge&3sgte engines) and even the Supra are driver's cars. Benz has luxury but their cars aren't designed as sports cars IMO. Toyota has a few really great driver's cars and are reliable sort of (depending on which model- how people regard a car with engines that short oil as reliable beats me). Infiniti I know little about.
Here are screenshots of a Quora answer about what Germans think of their cars.

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by revilomichaels(m): 7:29am On May 12, 2020
Conductor261:

French cars are quite complicated

Yeah but he’s having fun with the SUV. Meanwhile, he stays in Germany shaa

They don’t worship Toyota like we do here
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by radautoworks: 5:06pm On May 24, 2020
I'm late to the party but I switched to Acura after decades as a Mercedes baby because 3 vehicles in a row the Acura was better equipped than the Mercedes (suvs only). GLK couldn't beat the RDX in 2010 and 2014 and now I just purchased another 2014 MDX advance because Mercedes couldn't provide what I needed.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2020
radautoworks:
I'm late to the party but I switched to Acura after decades as a Mercedes baby because 3 vehicles in a row the Acura was better equipped than the Mercedes (suvs only). GLK couldn't beat the RDX in 2010 and 2014 and now I just purchased another 2014 MDX advance because Mercedes couldn't provide what I needed.

Don't let them hear you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:21pm On May 24, 2020
One guy for 2002 C230 go come say na lie, say Mercedes na world best. lipsrsealed
Re: Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! by Conductor261: 9:36am On May 30, 2020
radautoworks:

This is a criminal behaviour. No Mercedes Benz pampered baby should be found in the japmobiles you mentioned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Car Tracking Story: How I Recovered My Stolen Vehicle... / How To Know Your Tyres Expiry Date / Candid Advice On Choice Btw Honda Accord Or Toyota Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.