Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

A Gross Misconception About God's Grace(the New Testament) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Gross Misconception About God's Grace(the New Testament) (478 Views)

Northern Nigeria Misconception! / From Grass To Grace: The Amazing Story Of Anambra Billionaire, Obijackson / Welcome To The "Throne Of Grace" , The Haven Of Exquisite Beauty And Functionali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Gross Misconception About God's Grace(the New Testament) by Ebonko4life(f): 3:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
THE IDEA THAT EVERYONE CAN DO HIS OR HER “THING” AND GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE WE ARE UNDER GRACE IS A GROSS MISCONCEPTION.

Many are embracing the mistaken belief that less is required of God’s people in the new than in the Old Testament. Here is one example of the opposite being true,
Whosoever therefore shall break of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven, For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:19, 20. Does it sound to you that Jesus is calling for less devotion? Let’s go on.

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time (old testament) Thou shalt not kill;and whosoever shall kill be in danger of the judgement: But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgement: and whosoever shall say to his brother Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire Matthew 5:21,22.Does this indicate that Christ is easing up on the old law? Lets go a little further.

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time (Old Testament), thou shalt not commit adultery. But I
Say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Mathew 5:27, 28.

We begin to get the picture, Grace carries a higher standard of holiness than the law. The average modern day Christian resents these higher demands because he does not want to meet them, therefore he will accuse the individual who reminds him of Gods requirements of trying to put him under condemnation. To try to slip out from under the condemnation from which he is suffering, he will half quote Romans 8:1 as do so many, including radio and TV preachers. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus...They stop there but the scripture doesn’t. It goes on to say … who walk not after flesh, but after the spirit, Romans 8:1.The fallacy that is less is expected of Gods children under grace are destroyed by reading Gods Holy word.

I listen to a well known bible teacher on the radio as he thought he expounded from the scripture. after quoting, all things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient all things are lawful for me but I will not be brought under the power of any,1corinthians 6:12, he went on to proclaim eloquently that if he wanted to drink alcoholic beverages, run around with wicked women, and generally commit sin, he could do so and still go to heaven. Years of foolish teaching such as he was giving over hundreds of radio stations have brought the church into the misunderstanding that anything goes, we will make it to heaven, we won’t be as pleasing to God………GOD HAS NEVER DONE AWAY WITH AND WILL NEVER DO AWAY WITH HIS MORAL.THAT HE HAS IS ONLY WISHFUL THINKING ON THE PART OF MANY LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN AND BACKSLIDDEN COMPROMISING PREACHERS.

AN EXCERPT FROM “WHAT IS HOLINESS?” BY WILLIAM F. HILL

(1) (Reply)

Missing Plane: Sala’s Last Whatsapp Message Revealed / Updated Music: "Just Do It (NOT NIKE)" BY E-claz / Diesel (AGO) And Fuel(pms) Transport Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.