Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... (4803 Views)

He Proposed Publicly, She Said YES, The Main Boyfriend Showed Up, This Happened / "After Being Side Chic For 6 Years, 33 Abortions, He Proposed & I Said.." - Lady / He Proposed 5 Days After Meeting Her For The First Time And She Said Yes(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 7:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
This is the true story of my right hand man.
He has been dating a girl for some months, they have even gone to see the parents of themselves at different occassions. They are already planning to settle down soon.

Few days ago, my guy decided to propose to the girl on her birthday possibly as a surprise package and to make a love history.

Eventually, the lady said yes and happily received the ring with hugs and smiles, while onlookers at the suya joint were busy taking pictures/videos and while also yelling for fun.
I saw everything happened tho...

At the end, the lady told my friend: "we are not posting the pictures and the videos online right now, until two months to our wedding".

My guy got heart broken and afterwards accused the girl of 3 possible things: 1. keeping secret relationships or 2. maybe doesn't love her or 3. still being hunted by her bad pasts?

As for me, i have been trying to persuade him to continue the relationship or maybe give the girl more time... Though the relationship is now complicated with issues aince that moment...

What can you say about this?

Do you think the girl is still cheating on him or she doesn't love him enough to proudly flaunt him to the world to see?

Or will you advice my guy to continue the relationship or give her more time?
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Mikora: 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2019
Some people don't just like the public attention.

16 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by JasonScoolari: 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2019
So because she told your friend not to post the videos and photos for now, that classify her as a cheat abi?

Help us tell that your friend that he's dumb and God bless you as you tell him.

17 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mikora:
Some people don't just like the public attention.

This aint fiction... I witnessed it
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Paxie55: 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2019
Public attention, very bad.

3 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by XhosaNostra(f): 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2019
Well, did she at least update her relationship status to "Engaged"?
Not everyone likes to share every aspect of their lives with "friends" on social media. Some of them are true friends & some are just surveillance cameras, strategically placed there to monitor your every move. I personally find nothing suspicious about this, unless she has a history of cheating.

2 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 7:21pm On Jan 13, 2019
JasonScoolari:
So because she told your friend not to post the videos and photos for now, that classify her as a cheat abi?

Help us tell that your friend that he's dumb and God bless you as you tell him.

Lol.. Noted... But you are monocentric in your thoughts... Think the other way around..
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Olalan(m): 7:21pm On Jan 13, 2019
She just might want to keep it out of public knowledge for now...........
BTW how can you propose to a girl you without proper background checks about her loyalty and faithfulness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
XhosaNostra:
Not everyone likes to share every aspect of their lives with "friends" on social media. Some of them are true friends & some are just surveillance cameras, strategically placed there to monitor your every move. I personally find nothing suspicious about this, unless she has a history of cheating.

You are right.. On point, but letting the world to know that you have been proposed to as a lady can chase away some toasters and also indicate some level of seriousness in the lady...

You need to know the modern game-of relationships...

1 Like

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by JasonScoolari: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
PediakAuthor:

Lol.. Noted... But you are monocentric in your thoughts... Think the other way around..
Wait a minute bro, this one you're telling me to think the other way around, it seems you're the guy. grin

Truth is, some people don't like to share everything about them on social media, be happy you've that type of lady, you shouldn't be heartbroken.

6 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Wait a minute bro, this one you're telling me to think the other way around, it seems you're the guy. grin

Truth is, some people don't like to share everything about them on social media, be happy you've that type of lady, you shouldn't be heartbroken.

Lolzz... I said my right hand man.. He's here with me .. Reading your comments and just laughing...

Lol
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 13, 2019
She is very smart, and ain't counting her eggs before they are born.
So what happens if he breaks the Engagement after the whole publicity ?

4 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Bj5all(m): 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
Some guys are actually crazy. Before you propose to a girl make sure all plans/arrangements have been made for marriage. You don't just propose out of emotions or insecurity. She has a life, why will she allow a guy that has not make plans for wedding to post her engagement pictures on social media, does he want to turn her to lord of the ring?

The girl is wise and mature, your friend is still a small boy in mind. I have a close friend that a guy did that to, that chased all eligible guys away from her and over one year and 6 months, marriage is still not in view. how can a guy propose and your friends and family ask you when is the wedding date and you say you don't know. That can be very embarrassing.

She acted the way she did because she is not seeing the readiness to get married from your friend.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by JasonScoolari: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2019
PediakAuthor:

Lolzz... I said my right hand man.. He's here with me .. Reading your comments and just laughing...

Lol
Aaaaahhh!!! shocked

Egbòn, please go on with the wedding plans, she's a very wise lady. She has seen what you're yet to see. So many haters and daughters of Jeezebel might want to perform their enterprise, but your woman is smart.
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Dami12345: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2019
PediakAuthor:

Lol

You know how women are this days, she might just be asking for time to discharge the other assistant boyfriends.
If your cool with that go along.

I think tho that as guys its smarter for another party to post the pics and video and claim ignorance, tag her and all.

That way your right hand guy didn't post the pic and he puts his mind at rest.

Its better to be sure than have doubts, cause this is the beginning of marriages and am sure you guy subconsciously knows why he feels this is a big deal.

Besides is she the type that is private on social media or is this behavior wholely uncharacteristic?

2 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 7:35pm On Jan 13, 2019
Bj5all:
Some guys are actually crazy. Before you propose to a girl make sure all plans/arrangements have been made for marriage. You don't just propose out of emotions or insecurity. She has a life, why will she allow a guy that has not make plans for wedding to post her engagement pictures on social media, does he want to turn her to lord of the ring?

The girl is wise and mature, your friend is still a small boy in mind. I have a close friend that a guy did that to, that chased all eligible guys away from her and over one year and 6 months, marriage is still not in view. how can a guy propose and your friends and family ask you when is the wedding date and you say you don't know. That can be very embarrassing.

She acted the way she did because she is not seeing the readiness to get married from your friend.

Weldone...
You sounded like a person who bags a professorship in marriage counselling...

Kudos... Lmaoo tho...

3 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
Dami12345:

You know how women are this days, she might just be asking for time to discharge the other assistant boyfriends.
If your cool with that go along.

I think tho that as guys its smarter for another party to post the pics and video and claim ignorance, tag her and all.

That way your right hand guy didn't post the pic and he puts his mind at rest.

Its better to be sure than have doubts, cause this is the beginning of marriages and am sure you guy subconsciously knows why he feels this is a big deal.

Besides is she the type that is private on social media or is this behavior wholely uncharacteristic?

I will give you 10/10 for this comment.. Most especially your first paragraph... Assistant boyfriends... Lol
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Martinez19(m): 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
At least, if doesn't want pics on social media, make sure your family and her family are aware of the upcoming wedding.
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2019
Martinez19:
At least, if doesn't want pics on social media, make sure your family and her family are aware of the upcoming wedding.

That's still a secret relationship... I believe true lovers should be able to tell the world about their new status ... Being engaged...

1 Like

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by victorD3: 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
Thats how people end up raising children that aint theirs.

DNA test should be free in Nigeria
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Chikabel: 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
Some ladies actually love their privacy, I for one. I got engaged sometime in the first quarter of 2018, lai lai, one picture, I no post on social media. Only our close friends and family knew. Most people that saw few pictures where I was wearing my ring much later in the year thought it was a recent stuff. Infact, from the outset, my husband always knew I wanted a very private proposal and he did just that. Up until today, we are not friends on facebook and we enjoy it that way. Yet, our fingerprints can open our phones anytime and access is free between us. Few weeks ago, we had our traditional marriage, and it was just family and VERY VERY few friends in attendance. We were tagged by some friends on facebook for some of our pictures independently, well yeah, that's okay. I simply react to the ones I was tagged in. But we didnt post shit, just changed our profile pictures and few whatsapp status intermittently and replied some congratulatory messages we could independently and apologize for not sending out invitations for people who felt slighted.
Some of us prefer keeping our private lives private! Maybe his lady is one of us!
Cheers!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Mankosi: 9:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
XhosaNostra:
engaged means nothing. If she's seeing another guy then two of them might be thinking the "engaged" is meant for them. So putting engaged is not enough to convince me if I were the guy.....
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Mankosi: 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2019
The girl did well by not allowing him to post that online. A guy can just engaged u to make u chase away other suitors and make u solely his while it last. Jealous guys can do that, then after wasting ur time and destroying ur puanny he will take a bow and leave and there's nothing u can do because engagement is different from marriage. He can give anything as reason for leaving u and there's nothing anybody can do about it... instead u as a girl will take the whole blame for allowing urself to be devoured by a man for years in the name of engagement or hope of getting married to him.
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
PediakAuthor:

That's still a secret relationship... I believe true lovers should be able to tell the world about their new status ... Being engaged...
Tell Your Guy To Tell The Girl She Should Change Her Relationship Status To Engaged If She Do So Assurance Grant...
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
Chikabel:
Some ladies actually love their privacy, I for one. I got engaged sometime in the first quarter of 2018, lai lai, one picture, I no post on social media. Only our close friends and family knew. Most people that saw few pictures where I was wearing my ring much later in the year thought it was a recent stuff. Infact, from the outset, my husband always knew I wanted a very private proposal and he did just that. Up until today, we are not friends on facebook and we enjoy it that way. Yet, our fingerprints can open our phones anytime and access is free between us. Few weeks ago, we had our traditional marriage, and it was just family and VERY VERY few friends in attendance. We were tagged by some friends on facebook for some of our pictures independently, well yeah, that's okay. I simply react to the ones I was tagged in. But we didnt post shit, just changed our profile pictures and few whatsapp status intermittently and replied some congratulatory messages we could independently and apologize for not sending out invitations for people who felt slighted.
Some of us prefer keeping our private lives private! Maybe his lady is one of us!
Cheers!
Girls Like You Are Very Rare To See...

1 Like

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by mhizv(f): 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
Well I've seen a friend of mine take down her engagement photos,when the question got too much, deleted her FB account....so I think she's just been cautious

There are people who like privacy ok!!
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
Do you even understand English?
PediakAuthor:

This aint fiction... I witnessed it

1 Like

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 9:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mankosi:
The girl did well by not allowing him to post that online. A guy can just engaged u to make u chase away other suitors and make u solely his while it last. Jealous guys can do that, then after wasting ur time and destroying ur puanny he will take a bow and leave and there's nothing u can do because engagement is different from marriage. He can give anything as reason for leaving u and there's nothing anybody can do about it... instead u as a girl will take the whole blame for allowing urself to be devoured by a man for years in the name of engagement or hope of getting married to him.

Bro... Your opinionated idea is just one-sided... Abeg.. Take it easy ooo...

What if my guy has a good plan for her but want to test her readiness...? They have both agreed to marry... Even seen themselves parents and others relatives and associates are aware of the relationship...
Get to think of this too... What if the lady is still have secret relationships she's finding hard to let go cos of the benefits or maybe quite uncertain about what tomorrow holds...

You comments is getting us some lol tho... Laughing...
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
Chikabel:
Cheers!
Sounds like a fairytale, but one that I love.

1 Like

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
Iamtosignno:
Tell Your Guy To Tell The Girl She Should Change Her Relationship Status To Engaged If She Do So Assurance Grant...

Let us give her a benefit of doubt, maybe she can do this...
Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
PediakAuthor:

I believe true lovers should be able to tell the world about their new status
I believe true lovers should also post their sex videos online for the world to see. You don't owe the world anything, and believe me, they don't owe you anything either. You are more safer being conservative in Nigeria than the reverse.

3 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Her, She Said Yes: But Don't... by PediakAuthor: 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
Chikabel:
Cheers!

Why the extreme privacy
Let me make some assumptions here...
Its either the past is hunting you or your hubby has a past he is hidding too... You wanna hide your marriage from your previous exes... I guess... Im still trying to figure out the reason for the extreme privacy...
Why should you also hide your wedding ceremony from the world, except you dont have the capacity to contain and cater for them... But if its privacy, the world should know your new status, yet without too much noise...

Mind u, it will be very easy for u to double date even before you marry if you dont portray the picture that you are already taken...

Bad guys still follow up and woo ladies with rings in their hands talk less of the ones without rings... Yet claiming a relationship

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Any Of You Do This? / "Weather Is Too Hot" — Nigerian Lady Abroad Fries Eggs Under Direct Sun In Italy / I Have Religious Differences With My Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.