Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah (1791 Views)

Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon / Ahmad Ibn Taymiyyah: The Tortured Scholar / 'Abdullah Ibn Salam: From Judaism To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah by BeansAndBread(m): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2019
najib632:
Haha no I am no undercover Sufi... There are some hadith he criticised that have scandals while some don't, a brother had already addressed the hadith that he claims are wrong but are not like The bewitchment of the prophet, so I didn't see the use of challenging him because I don't have much knowledge, before I talk of something I make sure I understand it... Or does he have a lot of controversies I don't know about?
So why having double doubts about Ibn Taymiyyah if indeed you're a Salafi? And I'm not saying a Ibn Taymiyyah is perfect, most of what the guy has referenced are mostly lies. He's been proven to be liar and if you've been here for sometime, you'll know he isn't someone you speak gently too.
Re: The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah by najib632(m): 5:47pm On Jan 17, 2019
BeansAndBread:
So why having double doubts about Ibn Taymiyyah if indeed you're a Salafi? And I'm not saying a Ibn Taymiyyah is perfect, most of what the guy has referenced are mostly lies. He's been proven to be liar and if you've been here for sometime, you'll know he isn't someone you speak gently too.
I have very little knowledge of aqeeda and I know very little about ibn taymiyyah, I don't argue when I don't understand something to a standard level. Is it better for me to engage him in an argument that I will lose or for me to read about the good and bad of ibn Taymiyyah and come here to defend him?
Was it not one of our Salafi brothers here that was making Takfir of Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal? It I think it's better to make friends with a deviant Muslim and then correct him if he refuses then you he becomes your enemy I recently became active in Nairaland so I don't know much about the brother, the last time we had an encounter was when he was making some allegations against the khulafa'i rashidun I didn't have any knowledge I only got angry and stopped replying him. But after over the years as age increased and along with the wisdom Allah has granted, I have found out that it's better to draw someone close, first then show him the truth if he refuses then I can become hostile towards them, many people choose the aqeeda of those who show them more kindness, at least from what I have noticed, my friend left Salafism and became a Sufi because of the humility a Sufi showed him while he was in school. He was first a Shia and used to make Takfir of the Sahaba until Alhamdulillah somehow I was able to point out somethings to him, when he started schooling in Zaria he saw the true colour of the Shi'as there and immediately he left them and became a Salafi, he started noticing how Salafi scholars bashed the Sufi's and he decided to see what's in the Sufism and then he became one, I am still trying to convince him of returning to the way of Salafiyah but I have to use the right methods so don't get me wrong there's psychology in everything.
Re: The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah by BeansAndBread(m): 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
najib632:
I have very little knowledge of aqeeda and I know very little about ibn taymiyyah, I don't argue when I don't understand something to a standard level. Is it better for me to engage him in an argument that I will lose or for me to read about the good and bad of ibn Taymiyyah and come here to defend him?
Was it not one of our Salafi brothers here that was making Takfir of Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal? It I think it's better to make friends with a deviant Muslim and then correct him if he refuses then you he becomes your enemy I recently became active in Nairaland so I don't know much about the brother, the last time we had an encounter was when he was making some allegations against the khulafa'i rashidun I didn't have any knowledge I only got angry and stopped replying him. But after over the years as age increased and along with the wisdom Allah has granted, I have found out that it's better to draw someone close, first then show him the truth if he refuses then I can become hostile towards them, many people choose the aqeeda of those who show them more kindness, at least from what I have noticed, my friend left Salafism and became a Sufi because of the humility a Sufi showed him while he was in school. He was first a Shia and used to make Takfir of the Sahaba until Alhamdulillah somehow I was able to point out somethings to him, when he started schooling in Zaria he saw the true colour of the Shi'as there and immediately he left them and became a Salafi, he started noticing how Salafi scholars bashed the Sufi's and he decided to see what's in the Sufism and then he became one, I am still trying to convince him of returning to the way of Salafiyah but I have to use the right methods so don't get me wrong there's psychology in everything.
No Salafi made takfiri of Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Abuhukmat isn't a Salafi but a Takfiri Khariji. He makes takfiri of every Muslim here, being kind to people is part of Dā'wah. But I must say that it's not everyone you need to be kind to in order to pass a message. When speaking the Khawarij, you speak to them in harsh and firm manners, and it's the same with some Shias. There are some Shias who are truthful and they deserve kindness when speaking to them, but the likes of Albaqir aren't amongst those you speak nicely to.

And as for your friend, he wasn't sincere enough sorry to say. Salafiyyah has all kind of people, some and nice, some are in between and others are firm. So the actions of some shouldn't determine his believe, from what you've said, if a Christian had approached him before a Sufi, he would have become a Sufi niyen
Re: The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah by najib632(m): 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
BeansAndBread:
No Salafi made takfiri of Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Abuhukmat isn't a Salafi but a Takfiri Khariji. He makes takfiri of every Muslim here, being kind to people is part of Dā'wah. But I must say that it's not everyone you need to be kind to in order to pass a message. When speaking the Khawarij, you speak to them in harsh and firm manners, and it's the same with some Shias. There are some Shias who are truthful and they deserve kindness when speaking to them, but the likes of Albaqir aren't amongst those you speak nicely to.
Alhamdulillah you understand
BeansAndBread:

And as for your friend, he wasn't sincere enough sorry to say. Salafiyyah has all kind of people, some and nice, some are in between and others are firm. So the actions of some shouldn't determine his believe, from what you've said, if a Christian had approached him before a Sufi, he would have become a Sufi niyen
My friend wouldn't ever become a Christian, but as for his sincerity it's the actions of Saudi Arabia that affected him but he also has lapses too though. Alhamdulillah for this guidance, if Allah has given you an open mind then you have everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah by Empiree: 8:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
What's all these "my friends left salafism to Shiism to Sufiism" etc. Are these people not muslims?.

This is why I don't tag myself with anything. Your friend should have helped himself by sticking to his Islamic identity which is "I Am A Muslim". This is enough.

I once posted video of American Muslim guy who is Salafi and he's well known in his community. I guess he had read a lot about Sayyidina Umar ibn Khattab (ra) and he made YouTube video and vilified him. Called him "a thug" who got angry at every slight opportunity he got. He then cursed him like some Shia do.

So now you ppl wanna tell me that bcuz he cursed sahabi he's not Salafi?. Although they gave him dawah after that. He then openly lamented he left Islam. That's when famous American Muslim scholars reached out to him. He then returned to Islam.

My point is, cursing any sahaba is not restricted to Shia. Every sect in Islam has a piece ideology they shared. Some just better at it than other. As for takfiree guy on this platform, he's one of the examples. You said he's not Salafi but he claimed to be one. Just like some "Sufis" do nasty stuff. But when real Sufis say these people are not Sufis, Salafis insist and continue to use these charlatans as evidence against Sufism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah by BeansAndBread(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2019
najib632:
Alhamdulillah you understand
My friend wouldn't ever become a Christian, but as for his sincerity it's the actions of Saudi Arabia that affected him but he also has lapses too though. Alhamdulillah for this guidance, if Allah has given you an open mind then you have everything.
May Allaah guide him and all Muslims in general.
Re: The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah by najib632(m): 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2019
BeansAndBread:
May Allaah guide him and all Muslims in general.
Ameen
Re: The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah by aadoiza: 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2019
Empiree:
What's all these "my friends left salafism to Shiism to Sufiism" etc. Are these people not muslims?.

This is why I don't tag myself with anything. Your friend should have helped himself by sticking to his Islamic identity which is "I Am A Muslim". This is enough.

I once posted video of American Muslim guy who is Salafi and he's well known in his community. I guess he had read a lot about Sayyidina Umar ibn Khattab (ra) and he made YouTube video and vilified him. Called him "a thug" who gets any at every slight opportunity he got. He then cursed him like some Shia do.

So now you ppl wanna tell me that bcuz he cursed sahabi he's not Salafi?. Although they gave him dawah after that. He then openly lamented he left Islam. That's when famous American Muslim scholars reached out to him. He then returned to Islam.

My point is, cursing any sahaba is not restricted to Shia. Every sect in Islam has a piece ideology they shared. Some just better at it than other. As for takfiree guy on this platform, he's one of the examples. You said he's not Salafi but he claimed to be one. Just like some "Sufis" do nasty stuff. But when real Sufis say these people are not Sufis, Salafis insist and continue to use these charlatans as evidence against Sufism.
Abeg you fit gimme the link to the video
Re: The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah by Empiree: 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
aadoiza:

Abeg you fit gimme the link to the video
you wanna give my hard assignment. This was about 3 yrs ago i posted somewhere in one of the threads. You may have to search Youtube. It was a youtube video if it is not removed. Most likely he might removed it if he changed his opinion for the better bcuz i would look bad on him in my opinion. But i can't be sure if it is removed or not.
Re: The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah by aadoiza: 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
Empiree:
you wanna give my hard assignment. This was about 3 yrs ago i posted somewhere in one of the threads. You may have to search Youtube. It was a youtube video if it is not removed. Most likely he might removed it if he changed his opinion for the better bcuz i would look bad on him in my opinion. But i can't be sure if it is removed or not.
No stress yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

As Long As Christians Continue Insulting Islam, No Body Can Stop Us 4rm Killing! / It's A Massacre - Sunni Holy Warriors Massacre Shias In Iraq And Pakistan Today / Muslims Brothers And Sisters In Enugu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.