Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? (7627 Views)

Most Nigerian Guys Are Afraid Of Dating Celestial Girls / "Condoms Are For Weak Men" - Pretty Nigerian Lady Says On Twitter. Photos / "100 Condoms Burst In My Body, No STDs, HIV" - Zimbabwean Sex Worker (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Deicide: 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2019
Most females are into contraceptive pills so no need for condoms.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Jaqenhghar: 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2019
MissRaine69:

If you see the same faces/or get contacted by the same people I can safety reach conclusions.
No I don’t perform terminations, that does not mean I don’t get asked.
You get contacted by the same faces. Which alreadu shows you only cater to a small percentage. How many cities have you lived to establish a pattern before you make this conclusion?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by MissRaine69(f): 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

You get contacted by the same faces. Which alreadu shows you only cater to a small percentage. How many cities have you lived to establish a pattern before you make this conclusion?
A lot more than you have and I mean that in the most respectful way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Jaqenhghar: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2019
MissRaine69:

A lot more than you have and I mean that in the most respectful way.
No offence taken. We are trying to establish something here. Not a fan of generalizing or assumptions. With this statement I take it you have been all ober the country and have catered to a majority of the women in it. Enough to make you reach this conclusion.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by MISEDUCATIONS: 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s based on the number of times I get asked to perform abortions
It’s daily
make it rain baby cheesy
Sometimes I like you.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by UniQue84: 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
MissRaine69:
Why are most women averse to men using condoms? Yet risk the same women regularly risk their lives, by repeatedly having back street abortions. The same women who will kneel in churches years later and cry about their childlessness state. If you don’t want to have children why not use condoms?
Babe is very correct seriously, I just wonder how people risk thier lives for some minutes or whatever hours of pleasure, is unheard of, some 12 or more years ago I went with my babe to one hospital, in Ekpoma, Edo State, (dont want to call name ) popularly known for D & C, I swear that Man make money for the matter grin then, I think one month was 1k or 1.5k then can't remember wink , omon my babe say come and look at babes , I say parlour full, na so all of dem naked hold tissue for hand, she say d man go first rub bobby as e like if the babe fresh b4 operation grin, I just tell myself say Neva again dem come tell me say make I come fill one form chaii i wan die say in case anything sup I go carry for head, my head big I begin pray cheesy grin cheesy begin tell God make e nu vex I nu fvck again after today grin cheesy.

My point why pass thru those hassles when you can easily prevent it by using a condom, fast forward to today, every hidden area in my house you will find condom my wallet is the headquarter of condom cheesy grin..
I don't what to Hear STD matter, or I missed my period slogan, No condom am off, no matter how beautiful you are (e nu dey show for face), na who you wan kill you dey find.

Play safe....use a condom

5 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by MissRaine69(f): 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

No offence taken. We are trying to establish something here. Not a fan of generalizing or assumptions. With this statement I take it you have been all ober the country and have catered to a majority of the women in it. Enough to make you reach this conclusion.
I have been to enough countries and enough cities on this continent and I have met a lot of women, some women of means, some women with nothing desparation brings them all to the same level.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by zexy2030(m): 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
now u agree women love sex more than men..we don't complain using condom but for them it is another issue..they tell u it's cold and it's like someone is moving object in them but they feel u when its flesh to flesh...women and their mouth sha...as u remove and bang..hear moan in swahili
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Jaqenhghar: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
MissRaine69:

I have been to enough countries and enough cities on this continent and I have met a lot of women, some women of means, some women with nothing desparation brings them all to the same level.

I thought we were talking of Nigeria? undecided
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by MissRaine69(f): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

I thought we were talking of Nigeria? undecided
Bruv come on, now you are just being unnecessarily pedantic.
I thought we have cleared that up by now...is Nigeria not in Africa? Nigerian cities included is that better?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by MissRaine69(f): 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2019
zexy2030:
now u agree women love sex more than men..we don't complain using condom but for them it is another issue..they tell u it's cold and it's like someone is moving object in them but they feel u when its flesh to flesh...women and their mouth sha...as u remove and bang..hear moan in swahili
Then two months later, “I have not seen my period”, then you are stuck with a baby mama you fcked but did not actually like. Who wins in the end?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by loswhite(m): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2019
Toseenlove:

You mean u ejaculated Into her? You didn't apply withdrawal method. That's kinda bad. No matter what, Even If she Isn't on her fertile window, You have no reason to do the former. I will never do that no matter how sweet the cookies Is. Me and withdrawal method are like 5&6.
withdraw method does stop you from impregnating her
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by zexy2030(m): 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2019
MissRaine69:

Then two months later, “I have not seen my period”, then you are stuck with a baby mama you fcked but did not actually like. Who wins in the end?
it was a narrow escape recently..I had to take her for a test then immediately avoided sex with her since December last year..I literally travelled to avoid her..she was too desperate to have a baby for me..she mistakenly said that to me.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Jaqenhghar: 8:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
MissRaine69:

Bruv come on, now you are just being unnecessarily pedantic.
I thought we have cleared that up by now...is Nigeria not in Africa? Nigerian cities included is that better?
LOL. Ok ok I get your point. Dont mind me. I did some research on this a few years back though the area of interest was parts of the north. Why women dont access family planning
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by oboy81: 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2019
MissRaine69:
Why are most women averse to men using condoms? Yet risk the same women regularly risk their lives, by repeatedly having back street abortions. The same women who will kneel in churches years later and cry about their childlessness state. If you don’t want to have children why not use condoms?
Eeyah
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Konquest: 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
MissRaine69:

^^^^
^^^^
@MissRaine69, are you are medical doctor?

Gosh...! grin

CDs are meant to protect against pregnancies
and STIs to some extent.

But in the event that an alternative is needed,
why NOT go for Postinor and avoid pregnancies
instead of using the so-called withdrawal
tactics? grin

I first read about Postinor in 1991. I still have the
medical magazine where the article was written.

There is even another product that you can use
without D&C abortions that I read about in that
same magazine.

Females should stop taking RISKS because the
ovulation cycle is not an EXACT science and
hormonal changes can make ovulation come earlier
than usual... then BOOM... pregnancy results.

No doubt, a lot of men are clueless about the
fact that females get intensely Hot during the
ovulation cycle because of high estrogen hormones
raging in the system and can easily get pregnant
during that period because of the strong desire
for copulation/sex. Females also love it... but
not with just anybody. wink

#Nice topic
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Konquest: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
Deicide:
Most females are into contraceptive pills so no need for condoms.
^^^^^
^^^^^
Old school contraceptive pills that fail...
A lot of women forget to take these
pills and end up getting pregnant as
well. Postinor looks good though.
grin
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by MissRaine69(f): 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
Konquest:

^^^^
^^^^
@MissRaine69, are you are medical doctor?

Gosh...! grin

CDs are meant to protect against pregnancies
and STIs to some extent.

But in the event that an alternative is needed,
why NOT go for Postinor and avoid pregnancies
instead of using the so-called withdrawal
tactics? grin

I first read about Postinor in 1991. I still have the
medical magazine where the article was written.

There is even another product that you can use
without D&C abortions that I read about in that
same magazine.

Females should stop taking RISKS because the
ovulation cycle is not an EXACT science and
hormonal changes can make ovulation come earlier
than usual... then BOOM... pregnancy results.

No doubt, a lot of men are clueless about the
fact that females get intensely Hot during the
ovulation cycle because of high estrogen hormones
raging in the system and can easily get pregnant
during that period because of the strong desire
for copulation/sex. Females also love it... but
not with just anybody. wink

#Nice topic

The issue is this reluctance to use long term contraception because of reasons based on pure ignorance.
Emergency contraception is meant as a one off not a regular thing. The population of Nigeria is growing and most of those mothers are unattached and below the age of 23.
Yes to your first question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by MissRaine69(f): 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
Konquest:

^^^^^
^^^^^
Old school contraceptive pills that fail...
A lot of women forget to take these
pills and end up getting pregnant as
well. Postinor looks good though.
grin
Implant?
Depo-Provera?
Heard of those?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Konquest: 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
MissRaine69:

Implant?
Depo-Provera?

Heard of those?
^^^^
^^^^

Yeah... I have read about Depo-Provera
It's been around for a couple of decades,
especially popular in the U.S. I first read
about it in the early 1980s.

Is it popular in Nigeria?

For the implants... are you refering to
femidom?

OK, so those are the long-term
contraceptions you were refering to in
your earlier post.

Is Postinor in your opinion a short-term
contraception and NOT recommended
?

I read of a community of fishermen and women
who live from on water in a place [from neighbouring West
African countries] called Makoko, in Lagos, and the girls get
pregnant from the age of 15-16! Those ones will obviously
not listen to ANY talk about long-term contraception except
through gentle and sustained persuation.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by MissRaine69(f): 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
Konquest:

^^^^
^^^^

your earlier post.
?

contraception and NOT recommended-
1. It’s emergency contraception designed intially to help female victims of unprotected sexual attacks. It is classified as emergency contraception to be used once per cycle not every week.
2. For the implants... are you refering to
femidom? - No The contraception implant is not the same as femidom. See below
3. Regarding what you describe in Makoko- how many of those girls finish school? If the girl child is not educated the society as a whole does not progress.
4. If sex education is mandatory the uptake would be better rather than resort to illegal abortions that leave some women infertile or dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Konquest: 3:27am On Mar 20, 2019
@MissRaine69

1. It’s emergency contraception designed initially to help female victims of unprotected
sexual attacks. It is classified as emergency contraception to be used once per cycle
not every week.

OK... so that is what Postinor is really designed for?... I thought I knew it
all.
grin

2. No. The contraception implant is not the same as femidom. See below

OK... it looks like uncooked spaghetti. So that contraception implant
goes into the VaJay. Sexuality education 101!
! grin

3. Regarding what you describe in Makoko - how many of those girls finish school? If the girl child is
not educated the society as a whole does not progress.

Many of the men in Makoko who have affairs with those teenage girls
do not like to use condoms. I was really stunned to read that using
condoms is not part of their so-called culture. There is also a high
rate of STIs among them. I am a firm believer in the maxim...
"When you train a woman, you educate a NATION." Very apt!

4. If sex education is mandatory the uptake would be better
rather than resort to illegal abortions that leave some women infertile
or dead.

You are absolutely right about the mandatory SEXUALITY EDUCATION
thing. It was the knowledge of this from my early teens that also helped
me to take charge of myself and not engage in unsafe sex with the opposite
gender. If it worked for me as a then younger man... then it can and will
work for a lot of young females who are the most vulnerable in the sexual
hierachy in most societies.

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
@MissRaine69

Permit me to ask... are you an Ob/Gyn...
and where is your base?

Thanks for the deep insights you have
given me from the perspective of a
medical professional... and you write
well too. grin

All the best and do have a
great time ahead. smiley

PS. Following you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Ishilove: 5:14am On Mar 20, 2019
Konquest:
@MissRaine69

all.
grin

OK... it looks like uncooked spaghetti. So that goes into
the VaJay. Sexuality education 101!
! grin

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^

*wink wink wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Ishilove: 5:17am On Mar 20, 2019
Konquest:

^^^^
^^^^

For the implants... are you refering to
femidom?

your earlier post.

contraception and NOT recommended
?

Early 1980s?? shocked

Wow, I insist on calling you 'Daddy wa' henceforth. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Konquest: 5:49am On Mar 20, 2019
Ishilove:

Early 1980s?? shocked

Wow, I insist on calling you 'Daddy wa' henceforth. cheesy
^^^^^^
^^^^^^

grin grin Ishilove [Mummy wa], you are very funny!
Is that supposed to be a compliment or what?

I bursted out laughing here because I wasn't expecting
that comment from you. You that is talking, are you
not in your 30s... you write and act in a mature style
so I know so.

Please don't spoil market for me... I'm very much
young at heart. You've already LOST 10 points
with me. Anymore infractions from you, and you
lose more points! grin

"Daddy wa ko... Daddy cool ni"

Do you stay up right into the morning these days?... or
are you just getting set for work?
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Acidosis(m): 7:25am On Mar 20, 2019
Premarital sex and its many troubles. grin grin
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Acidosis(m): 7:25am On Mar 20, 2019
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Ishilove: 8:16am On Mar 20, 2019
Konquest:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^

grin grin Ishilove [Mummy wa], you are very funny!
Is that supposed to be a compliment or what?

I bursted out laughing here because I wasn't expecting
that comment from you. You that is talking, are you
not in your 30s... you write and act in a mature style
so I know so.

Please don't spoil market for me... I'm very much
young at heart. You've already LOST 10 points
with me. Anymore infractions from you, and you
lose more points! grin

"Daddy wa ko... Daddy cool ni"

Do you stay up right into the morning these days?... or
are you just getting set for work?

Daddy wa, agbalagba ni yin. E sir, you were already reading about Postinor before i was even born. cheesy Yes, I was born just around the time bell bottoms and Afros were phasing out and Jerry curls were all the rage, but long before the era of those hideous shoulder pad clothes and ghastly make up. The swinging 80s! grin

Age, they say, is a thing of the mind and I am glad to know you are youthful at heart. After all ko'sa arugbo n'Ghana. wink cheesy

I was prepping for work when I decided to take a peek into Nairaland. smiley

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Konquest: 11:31am On Mar 20, 2019
Ishilove:

Daddy wa, agbalagba ni yin. E sir, you were already reading about Postinor before i was even born. cheesy Yes, I was born just around the time bell bottoms and Afros were phasing out and Jerry curls were all the rage, but long before the era of those hideous shoulder pad clothes and ghastly make up. The swinging 80s! grin

Age, they say, is a thing of the mind and I am glad to know you are youthful at heart. After all ko'sa arugbo n'Ghana. wink cheesy

I was prepping for work when I decided to take a peek into Nairaland. smiley
^^^^^
^^^^^
^^^^^
^^^^^
Aha... I too figured out that you were gearing up
for your place of work as of 5:00 AM.

OK, I agree... 'ko'sa arugbo n'Ghana.'

Right... so at a minimum Ishi's years on earth is 1989-2019=30
That is the minimum... but the maximum is still a mystery to
folks.
grin

Last but not least, I first got to hear and read about De-Provera
contraceptive in the early 1980s , and then I first read
about Postinor which had just been released into the global markets
in a medical magazine in 1991 and I still have the publication
in my library.

So Ishilove [I love that name], do have a great time at work...
while take a a guarded peek into Nairaland affairs. smiley

Cheers!

PS: Read this when you're free from the office:
1.https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/gallery/2015/jan/24/the-history-of-flares-in-pictures

2.https://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/natural-development-afro-comeback-article-1.1396463

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by MissRaine69(f): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
Konquest:
@MissRaine69

all.
grin

OK... it looks like uncooked spaghetti. So that contraception implant
goes into the VaJay. Sexuality education 101!
! grin

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
@MissRaine69

Permit me to ask... are you an Ob/Gyn...
and where is your base?

Thanks for the deep insights you have
given me from the perspective of a
medical professional... and you write
well too. grin

All the best and do have a
great time ahead. smiley

PS. Following you

1) Permit me to ask... are you an Ob/Gyn...
and where is your base?
Yes and I am based in Europe & Lagos ( sometimes)

2) OK... it looks like uncooked spaghetti. So that contraception implant
goes into the VaJay- No it is implanted just beneath the skin upper part of the arm and works for up to 3 years

3. Regarding the situation you described in Makoko it’s a place with a population of around 100K+ and it’s sill growing. It’s a city within a city with a complex culture and tradition so a mainstream approach will not work. Health has to always be adapted to suit the needs of those that access it.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by Konquest: 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2019
MissRaine69:

1) Permit me to ask... are you an Ob/Gyn...
and where is your base?
Yes and I am based in Europe & Lagos (sometimes)

2) OK... it looks like uncooked spaghetti. So that contraception implant
goes into the VaJay- No it is implanted just beneath the skin upper part of the arm and works for up to 3 years

3. Regarding the situation you described in Makoko it’s a place with a population of around 100K+ and it’s sill growing.
It’s a city within a city with a complex culture and tradition so a mainstream approach will not work. Health has to
always be adapted to suit the needs of those that access it.
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
1. My instincts were right about you being an Ob/Gyn.
My mum retired as a Senior Nurse/Midwife with the SRN; SRM designations,
so I've always appreciated the medical field and what all medical
professionals like you are doing for mankind. I wish you a great
time at work in Europe... and I assume you only come to Lagos on
vacations.

"No it is implanted just beneath the skin upper part of the arm and works for up to 3 years"

Brilliant... I'll read up more on the "contraception implant's" delivery
system and let more folks know about it. I'm impressed with
the 3-year longevity of the product when administered to
the skin surface. I must confess that this is a new product
to me so I had to ask for more info. Imagine that... I originally
thought it was meant to be in the VJ... NOW I know it is the
upper arm of the skin surface implantation
! grin

Regarding the situation you described in Makoko it’s a place with a population of around 100K+ and
it’s still growing. It’s a city within a city with a complex culture and tradition so a mainstream approach
will not work. Health has to always be adapted to suit the needs of those that access it.

I agree with you on you summations directly above. The Primary
Health Care Centres and simple medical solutions will help to
bridge the traditional and modern lifestyles of those immigrant
fishermen and women.

Just a quick one... did you know that those people actually use
the French language to teach their kids in the floating
school that was constructed for them by an NGO?

I once saw a documentary on that community, and it confirms
that most of those folks are from neighbouring French-speaking
West African countries hibernating mainly illegally in Nigeria.

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
^^^^^^

OK, last but not least @ MissRaine69
I've got to sign off now. PM me whenever you
feel like if you have any questions for me
or something. I'll be willing to make some
contributions.

I thoroughly enjoyed your patient
contributions to my questions and that
of others on the forum.

Cheers!
smiley
Re: Most Nigerian Women Are Averse To The Men in their lives Using Condoms. Why? by MissRaine69(f): 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2019
Konquest:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
1. My instincts were right about you being an Ob/Gyn.
My mum retired as a Senior Nurse/Midwife with the SRN; SRM designations,
so I've always appreciated the medical field and what all medical
professionals like you are doing for mankind. I wish you a great
time at work in Europe... and I assume you only come to Lagos on
vacations.

Brilliant... I'll read up more on the "contraception implant's" delivery
system and let more folks know about it. I'm impressed with
the 3-year longevity of the product when administered to
the skin surface. I must confess that this is a new product
to me so I had to ask for more info. Imagine that... I originally
thought it was meant to be in the VJ... NOW I know it is the
upper arm of the skin surface implantation
! grin

I agree with you on you summations directly above. The Primary
Health Care Centres and simple medical solutions will help to
bridge the traditional and modern lifestyles of those immigrant
fishermen and women.

Just a quick one... did you know that those people actually use
the French language to teach their kids in the floating
school that was constructed for them by an NGO?

I once saw a documentary on that community, and it confirms
that most of those folks are from neighbouring French-speaking
West African countries hibernating mainly illegally in Nigeria.

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
^^^^^^

OK, last but not least @ MissRaine69
I've got to sign off now. PM me whenever you
feel like if you have any questions for me
or something. I'll be willing to make some
contributions.

I thoroughly enjoyed your patient
contributions to my questions and that
of others on the forum.

Cheers!
smiley

I find the concept of “hibernating illegally” a bit ironical considersing how many of our own nationals do the same in more numbers than those at Makoko, in foreign lands. And we are very intolerant of their presence as well yet we ask for acceptance in the land of others.
Yes I am aware that some that live in Makoko are from Francophone countries. Bare in mind borders were created by men.
And you are welcome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Have Sex With A Distant Cousin / What Made You Lose Interest In Someone You Liked Or Had A Crush On? / Having Sex With My Son, Is The Most Incredible Thing – Mother (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.