Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,717 members, 7,955,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:56 PM

My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! (1016 Views)

My Sister Just Bagged Her Ph.d From OAU Am So Happy (pictures). / My Sister's Dilemma On Secondary School Sex Immoralities / Please This Desperate Boy Needs Your Help Asap Within 16hours. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by iamleumas: 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2019
Good evening Nairalanders

Please my Sister is about to obtain JAMB 2019 form but there's confusion at this juncture...

She's in Art class and she said she'll like to be a lecturer in the future

1. Which course can she study in the university?
2. Which school is much easier to gain admission right now?
Re: My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by thorpido(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2019
She should have a desire for a profession by now or she just wants to plunge herself into a school without any specific direction?

Another question is her strength, what subjects is she good at?What are her grades generally?
Where do you reside?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2019
iamleumas:
Good evening Nairalanders

Please my Sister is about to obtain JAMB 2019 form but there's confusion at this juncture...

She's in Art class and she said she'll like to be a lecturer in the future

1. Which course can she study in the university?
2. Which school is much easier to gain admission right now?
If she wants to be a lecturer she needs to study education related courses in the University. ..example B.ed English, B. ed Psychology, Literature, home magt etc she should check the University's website for Education related courses or

she can go for her choice and later after graduation and nysc pick a pgd form in Education. I don't think there's any University or even a school that will employ someone for a lecturing job without a certificate in pure Education. So take note

1 Like

Re: My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2019
She can also apply in any College of education as one of her choice. I think jamb has up to four choices now ,isn't?
I am asking cos it's been almost 18yrs since I wrote JAMB.

She should also have passion for teaching too. Very important.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by iamleumas: 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
thorpido:
She should have a desire for a profession by now or she just wants to plunge herself into a school without any specific direction?

Another question is her strength, what subjects is she good at?What are her grades generally?
Where do you reside?

Thanks so much sir
She's just 16 years old.
Her dream profession is lecturing
She's very good at literature
Her grade is usually between B & C
We reside in Oyo state.

Thanks in anticipation sir
Re: My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by iamleumas: 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
EasternDamsel4:

If she wants to be a lecturer she needs to study education related courses in the University. ..example B.ed English, B. ed Psychology, Literature, home magt etc she should check the University's website for Education related courses or

she can go for her choice and later after graduation and nysc pick a pgd form in Education. I don't think there's any University or even a school that will employ someone for a lecturing job without a certificate in pure Education. So take note

Thank you very much ma
Please which university do you think she can study B.ed Literarure in Nigeria ma?
Thabks in anticipation
Re: My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by thorpido(m): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2019
iamleumas:

Thanks so much sir
She's just 16 years old.
Her dream profession is lecturing
She's very good at literature
Her grade is usually between B & C
We reside in Oyo state.

Thanks in anticipation sir
If she's good in Literature and has a passion for lecturing,then I'll suggest she applies for B.Ed. in English at University of Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by iamleumas: 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2019
thorpido:
If she's good in Literature and has a passion for lecturing,then I'll suggest she applies for B.Ed. in English at University of Ibadan.

Thanks so much sir
Re: My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:17am On Jan 15, 2019
iamleumas:

Thanks so much sir

The Course is the first thing before the university. So, if she decides to get a B.Ed degree in Literature, she should apply to a university where her chances of securing the admission is high. Fed Universities have catchment area, too...

1 Like

Re: My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:17am On Jan 15, 2019
iamleumas:

Thanks so much sir

The Course is the first thing before the university. So, if she decides to get a B.Ed degree in Literature, she should apply to a university where her chances of securing the admission is high. Fed Universities have catchment area, too...
Re: My Sister Needs Your Advise PLEASE!! by iamleumas: 8:42am On Jan 15, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Thanks so much ma

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Engineering Should I Go For. / Lmia Requirement For Jobs In Canada / St Clairs Anglican Girls Grammar School, Offa, Shut Down Over Demon Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.