Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest (3986 Views)

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih / Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Chxta(m): 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2010
The chairman of Nigeria's ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) said on Thursday President Goodluck Jonathan had the right to contest elections due next January but stopped short of giving him outright backing.

"The party believes that Dr Goodluck Jonathan , has the right to contest the presidential primaries for the 2010 elections, but this would not preclude anyone in the party from contesting," PDP chairman Okwesilieze Nwodo told reporters.

Jonathan, from Nigeria's Christian south, would need the support of his party if he is to be sure of success in the polls because of a "zoning" agreement within the PDP which says the next presidential term should go to a northerner.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5605509-146/pdp_says_jonathan_can_contest_.csp
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2010
and in other news, the sky is blue. . .
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by kobikwelu(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Libra9(m): 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2010
BRO J will be President come 2011 by the grace of almighty GOD.new blood new nigeria
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2010
The party still retain the zoning arrangement,so what is the big deal about jonathan free to run news ?
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by miketobo: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2010
The problem with Nigeria is mostly greed!!!  How can you say zoning should remain but Jonathan can contest? The the confusion starts PDP chieftains will run away ooooooo!!!! OBJ is our problem in Nigeria.
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by marcus1234: 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2010
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
miketobo:

The problem with Nigeria is mostly greed!!!  How can you say zoning should remain but Jonathan can contest? The the confusion starts PDP chieftains will run away ooooooo!!!! OBJ is our problem in Nigeria.
they actually concluded that jonathan should complete the second tenure of yaradua since they are on a joint ticket and power will return to the north in 2015 .all the same,i think the whole idea is to eliminate ibb
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Africanson: 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2010
Zoning or no Zoning what will be will be. Any serious politician can win the 2011 election in a clean way. I know a company that can help you. It's 080 advertising and they will help you reach 28 million Nigerians any day!. Go to http://www.080advertising.com
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by ono(m): 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2010
Interesting, Chxta is back?
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Pappij: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2010
People Deceiving People Says Jonathan Can Contest

bunch of hypocrites, and barawos
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

they actually concluded that jonathan should complete the second tenure of yaradua since they are on a joint ticket and power will return to the north in 2015 .all the same,i think the whole idea is to eliminate ibb

If Jonathan is still on a joint ticket with Yar'adua then how come he has Sambo as VP.

PDP should grow up for once and stop being ridiculous. They should be grown up enough to tackle their problems head on and stop postponing doomsday. Zoning is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

The suggestion that the Yar'adua/Jonathan ticket is still valid simply means The Dead Yar'adua is still the recognised PDP Flagbearer; The Commander-in-Chief that has already been sworn in as Substantive President is deputising for a dead man while Namadi Sambo is deputising for an un-existent VP. Now that must be some innovation as far as the constitution goes.
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by kokoye(m): 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2010
Africanson:

Zoning or no Zoning what will be will be. Any serious politician can win the 2011 election in a clean way. I know a company that can help you. It's 080 advertising and they will help you reach 28 million Nigerians any day!. Go to http://www.080advertising.com

Is nairaland floating a candidate

080 ADVERTISING ko, 419 advertising ni angry
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2010
we will be down foreever once this northerners continue,they dont want true federalism ,they dont want resource allocation.They dont want people to develop expect the same way of doing things,people wake up johanatan can lead the way to economic prosperity if this old people give a chance to new comers
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Beaf: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I think you got that right. Maradona is being "maradoned." grin
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by SamMilla1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2010
Why am i not surprised ?
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by oluwabamis(m): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2010
is anyone really surprised with how the political scripts is playing out. IBB,atiku,JEG,ribadu, and all others aspirants, they dont love this nigeria and nigerians, dont you get it. I lost hope in our politicians long time ago. i am advicing you all to brace up for any suprise that you may see next year.
God bless nigeria
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by heyma: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2010
“When we were advocating for zoning, it was not because anyone had or has anything against our President Jonathan but we were advocating for zoning to maintain equity, justice and fair play in the country”

Babangida further stated that the idea of zoning, which has been causing uproar in the country in recent times, would only be complete after an Igbo man becomes the president of Nigeria in 2015.
“If we must make every one believe that he belongs to this country, then it is after an Igbo man has been given the opportunity of being president in 2015

As far as I am concerned Jonathan should not contest, He is stilll going to get his allowances and pensions as a former Nigerian civillian  leader for the rest of his life; though he's still young and a Poitician he should conduct a credible election, look for a credible South easterner, endorse him or her like most incumbents do for thier parties all over the world, campaign for him or her, however, the election has to be credible.

Jonathan is not unqualfied to be Nigeria's president,  But Nigeria has an issue to deal with.

Why can't IBB wait until  after the Ibo man  is president . Why should the Igbo man wait until after ibb2015.

Ugh na wa O, So we have to wait till 2015 before we make everyone  to believe he belongs to this country,  Whew,  "Genius"! I didn't think of it that way,  I thought a family or friends  have to be united  before they can move forward together as one or say everyone has to be made to beleve he belongs to this country first; then we can all power forward.

So basically in ibb "smartness"  Keeping to the unwritten pdp agreeement and now to an illogical agitation of  zoning to the North in 2011 on the basis of 2007 Northern presidency, which no one broke but God himself, leading to Jonathan presidency, Is superior to having Everyone feel he belongs to this country,  In a country that wants to move forward,  hmm interesting point there ibb.
[/b]

The Yar'Adua election was a sham in the first place, The South were not in favour or Northern return to Power(Amidst talks of Igbo Presidency and South-South Presidency) neither was anybody(significant majority) for Third term.  So the idea that well if Yar adua was alive The South would have waited till 2015 anyway; is totally sickening and unserious.

The agitation for retention of Presidency in the South had even been before 2007 and it's reasons are still valid

Fact is this: Zoning is still a political reality in Nigeria.

, and In the Spirit of Equity, Fairness and Justice and indeed common sense.

An Igbo man should be President come 2011.

It is completly silly to Insist that Nigeria waits till 2015 before they can  all see themselves as one country and finally put a closed end to the Civil War by having an Igbo man taking an Oath to defend and uphold the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria  for all Nigerians
Indeed an Igbo man should be president  come 2011.

The North cannot claim   annihilation should someone from the South emerge president in 2011.

Sometimes I really ask myself what  is all this talk all about. Isn't it about someone who is going to be President of Nigeria for all Nigerians?  Or are you now going there to develop the North more than the South when it's your "turn"? If so should Nigeria be called a country? Should that word Nigera even  exist? not to talk of it having a shape on the map.

True Zoning is definitely still a political reality in Nigeria and we have to accept it.

What the north however got to deal with is:

1.    It is silly to insist that the pdp or any party zone the presidency to the North in 2011 on basis of 2007 presidency.  pdp didn't zone it out of the North in the first place,God did, there is now  a    President from another Zone so dude? that cylce is over., deal with it.

2.   The rotational Presidency or Zoning of Presidency  if they insist on Northern Presidency in 2011  so that Nigerans can wait till 2019 or 2015 to be a united citizenry, then lets have it written down in Nigeria's constitution. The Zoning Issue has to be written down, formalized. It can always be amended whenever Nigerians agree by referendum, theys don't need it anymore.

[color=#000099]Another Arguement is well the Ibo could have waited till 2015 anyway,  well point 2 is for those that  end up with this statement, that the ibo could have waited anyway so why not give it up to the North till 2015. Alternatvely, give it to Jonathan till 2015,,  Nigeria still his it's wounds unhealed and limpng because the way I see it and as many do and ibb clearly does in this case,  there's got to be a closed end to that 67 to 70  issue.

3. The North has to deal with the fact that after over 40 Years at the helm of affairs in an ethnicaly and religiously sensitive country like Nigeria, they've had their fair shair of governance and if they want and preach unity, they should vote and elect  a southerner for President 2011.
It's already fair that Yar Adua  was President in 2007, so they didn't have to live with more than 8 years of Southern rule.(In which I ask but the South had to deal with over 10 Years of unbrocken  Northern rule in a cummulative over 40 years Northern rule  in the country's history  which nevertheless I ask myself agan even though Zoning is a reality , Southern rule or Northern, Isn't the person supposed to be for all Nigerians? , and In the reaity of Zoning shouldn't you be in favour of it to move to Zones it's never been before and be happy that everyone is feeling a  sense of belonging and see the benefit that you become stronger the more united you are?
[/color]

The North will come closer to the unity which they crave for, shoud they vote and elect a southern candidate to president come 2011.

Goodluck Jonathan,,  grin  I like that man,,  his case is that of , yea "Goodluck" through to his assension to power, he has shown he can   bring in a new style of  progressiveness,  whether he is the GEJ  or not on facebook; he said it himself in Portharcourt he was going to open an account.The frequent update shows, yea a new style and someone that could have or has some respect for Public perception and Psyching.

Though I do not know what his accomplishments are so far? I  can say that the success of the  Amnesty Programe in the Niger delta is part of his; He is President now and was part of Yar Adua's Government as VP.

However 2011 is not a continuity of the Jonathan Presidency,,  No;   This tenure ends at 11:59 am  on May 29 2011.

By then he would have had a full year as President of Nigeria. (I'm excluding his time as Acting President).

But as I said  2011 Is not a continuity of the Jonathan Presidency, This tenure ends on May 29 2011. That cycle is over.

The new cycle has to begin with the person with the least  number of time as Chief Executive of Government and Commader in Chief  and that is the South-East with 6 months  and not the person who's been at the helm  of affairs for over 30 Years.

I am happy someone from the south south got to be president. Elected or Assended.

He and we have to live with the reality of Zoning. Clearly as he and we all know it was Zoning that brought him to VP ; AP and now  he is  President.

It is not about continuity, Continuity cannot be an arguement here because pdp has been in power for over 10 years but there's no electricity.
So continuity is not an arguement here.

There's something that's been holding us back,from starting not to talk of continuing, which is the Hi 5  from one person  so that the team can work happily together and face their challenges stronger and better.
An that is the Igbo Presidency. The Civil war generation in particularly  bear a stronger grudge against Nigeria and Nigeria holds a similar measure to them (In form of mistrust and exclusion from the Presidency)

, and it's naive to totally exclude a huge and highly signficant chunk, the Igbo peope from key decision makng mechanisms and ulimately the presidency.

Oh someone agrees that there's got to be an Igbo president to put a closed end to the civil war and for all Nigerians to feel a sense of belonging but No,, ehhmmm lets wait till 2019 or 2015.

No one can say the the South-South has not been brought to the main stream politics,  well yea with one year presidency Yes.Aguiyi Ironsi only had six Months,  though again regards South-South there'd be difficulty to claim that Jonathan represents the South-South globally where there is the Edo man and the Calabar Man and many others.
The issue with the South-South is more of fair share of it's resources (short of complete resource control)  and Enviromental protection than it is about Jonathan Presidency.

Totally different from the Issues with the South-East  which is mainly Structural units/Structure of Nigeria and it's Powers as well as the need for Nigeria to resolve it's issue with the South-East and the South-East resolve it's issue with Nigeria.

Nigeria needs to heal it's old wound,, it's still there and that's why Nigeria is limping and they want to talk of continuity in limping or prolong the pain till 2019 or whatever but definitely not at the next doctor's appointment.

Oh yea I can still walk and I can run(though I never won a championship) that wound really doesn't hurt that much,,  Sometimes it itches strongly(with cries of marginalization, non appointments, presidency,  fairness, MASSOB, seccession, it's flag, it's currency, this and that), but I just don't think I should take a pain reliever yet not to talk of see a Doctor.

Well don't you think you should be well and healthy to get on that 100meter race track with Brasil and South Africa or yeaaa! 2020 20  we are going to be on the same dinning table with the U.S A,  By the way 2020 is just ten years away, and I'm sure with the wounds Nigeria has and Atiku, IBB, Shekarou or all three Nigeria will get there. just with the same happiness and success we did from Obasanjo-Yar Adua pdp limping with it's old wound 1999 till 2009.

I am happy we've had a Yoruba man as President, it in no small measure healed June 12 wound very fast enough to move forward., By the way June 12 was more of an all Nigeria issue than it was a yoruba issue, but yea the special country Nigera gets almost everything ethincally twisted.

I am happy Jonathan is now President,  I don't know if the Calabar or Edo man is; whose Zone he comes from, For the South Southerner who see's zoning as a reality.
Yea it is a reality for today's Nigeria.

As far as I am concerned Jonathan should not contest, He is stilll going to get his allowances and pensions as a former Nigerian civillian  leader for the rest of his life; though he's still young and a Poitician he should conduct a credible election, look for a credible South easterner, endorse him or her like most incumbents do for thier parties all over the world, campaign for him or her, however, the election has to be credible.

Jonathan is not unqualfied to be Nigeria's president,  But Nigeria has an issue to deal with.

Fact is, Ekwueme ought to have been president, based on the NPN's calculations in the Shagari administration,  this was to bring an end closesure to the civil war, In fact  much earlier there was already permutatiions for it to be in 1979 with Azikiwe.
But every calculatiion  was either jettisoned, postponed or overrun by events such as the June 12 (that created a new wound or poliical problem) or the MEND activities(that brought arms struggle with the Federal Government).

But the old wound and argueably the deepest and strongest, a war that had millions dead, executed Rwandan and Dafur style, for 3 years. has still not been brouhgt to that end closure the day the guy that prayed all hail biafra  screams all hail Nigeria.

I know people that say ughhh why do somepeople always go back to the past  instead of moving forward ughh,,,  that is exactly the problem,,  And it's for such peope to live in the political reality of the stage of advancement of the country Nigeria and to show that they do by lettng their wounds heal, I wonder how you intend to move forward with the mosquitoe bite you had if you don't scratch or rub your skin  it to ease of that itchng (Yes some tell you not to scratch or rub it due to inflammation but then it gets TREATED wth medication). Allow the Igbo man lead Nigeria,,  It's NOT a plea, it's just the same  way it happend in 1999 and the way it has been happening in all of Nigeria's history,

, And I know some people say ugh I don't care where the president comes from let the best be the president. Sure Mr. or Mrs Intelligent sounding man  or woman.  I don't know which harvard campus you attend smiley but the reality of todays Nigeria is Zoning.
The Senate Presidency is Zoned , so is the Deputy,,  House of Rep. e.t.c   So where the person comes from matters for the poltics
[/b]
and that's the Nigerian reallity today.  That statement sounds like someone who is anti-zoning, uninvolved politics follower, an  out right pro northern  establishment poltical follower (because he or she enjoys the status quo and knows the leverage the northern block has but doesn't see the dangers in it)

If such people are not for zoning then undo the last "mistake Nigeria made",, by zoning the pdp chairmanship election to the South East.

And by the way of course we all hope for the best person to emerge,  whether you are for zoning or against zoning,  whether you see zoning as a poltical reality for Nigeria's present political age or not; wherever it's zoned to, let the best emerge and work for all Nigeria.

Live with it or not, this present structure cannot produce any president from the any Southern Zone alone. The North with it's monolthic nature covers 19 States as a block, they also can't produce the president on their own but wait there!   Should any election go into run offs it's aways going to be a Northern win even in the most free and fair election. (What Governors and politicians generally abhor of the incumbent president is the use of EFCC and Anti Corruption charges to twist their arms(To submit to the incumbent with ther states/ followership, other wise they'd just vote predominantly ethnic as long as the choices are there)

MKO Abiola had great wealth but was a complete nobody for the elections, if he wasn't backed by large Northern elements in Jos Convention. , and that was because the large number of  Known Notherners were banned, by Babangida in the previous election(With  Adamu Ciroma , Umaru Shinkafi and the Musa Yar Adua leading) 

it is either people and the North do the fair, just, and equitable thing or people and the North might be forced to do so someday (War/Arms struggle, Violence) . (I distinguish bet. people and North here because I understand the leverage the North has. Northerners are also people, , so shut up   smiley  )

Biafra was truly Ibo, Eastern Ijaw, Efik , Ibibio e.t.c  together,  but it was lead by the Ibo and when you talk of Biafra you think of Ibo when u think of Nigerain Civil war you remember Ibo,  hardly does it occur to you that there were other ethnic groups involved.

it's high time peope started thinking of Ibo as not anti Nigerian  and Igbo people start thinking of Nigeria as no anti Ibo.

Don't ask me which Ibo man or woman can be president,  You can find that out anywhere,   I can be President,  You(if you are Ibo and believe you can)  can also be president, So can  numerous people,  I do not know of any perfect politician,  Is Barack Obama, David Cameron or Gorden Brown one?

Then in no order of preference  Utomi is, Anyaoku is , Soludo is,  Okonjo Iweala is,  Even Bart Nnaji is ,  If  Jonathan or Yar Adua were one, going by Nigeria's tradition of having previous Governors into Presidency,  then Sullivan Chime is.

Infact the list goes on and on,   Oby Ezekwesili  can be president, Ogbonaya Onu can be President, Ekweremmadu can be president, Akunyili can be president; So can  many other people you never heard of,  who was Barack Obama the politician before he became President Barack Obama.

Just imagine someone from Enugu State house of Assembly coming out to become President of Nigeria, that was Obama.

I  know Nigeria has more issues other than Presidency,  but as Chinua Achebe said  and is widely quoted  the problem with Nigeria is squarely and roundly a problem of leadership.

au revoir.
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Mkpotu(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2010
If zoning arrangement still exists and the same PDP says Jonathan can contest on Yaradua/Jonathan ticket!!!

The question is, what happens after 2015, will power now go to the South properly so that it will be there till 2024?

Anyway as far as I am concerned, if Jonathan contests in PDP, automatically the zoning arrangement is dead and after his tenure, it will be a free for all affair and it can be in a particular region till,
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by tonyc2: 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2010
heheheheh   i see  seven days sex strick action treat working here   hehhhehehehehh!
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by gamesb: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2010
HE HAS 100/ PERCENT RIGHT TO CONTEST & WIN  . ONE THING THE NORTH SUPPOSED TO KNOW IS THAT SOUTH -SOUTH HAS NOT RULED THIS COUNTRY BEFORE & WE OWN NO BODY ANY PERMITTION TO CONTEST JUST AS THE REST OF THE COUNTRY ARE TAKING OUR OIL & GAS.
IBB &  ATIKU SHOULD GO & RELAX IN THEIR VILLAGES & CONTRIBUTE POSITIVELY TO THEIR PEOPLE.
THEIR TIME HAS PAST.
AS FOR IBB HE HAS RULED THIS COUNTRY FOR 8 SOLID YEARS WHAT NEXT DID HE WANT?
ATIKU IS A NOISE MAKER & A DISLOYAL FELLOW WHO CAN NOT EVEN RESPECT HIS BOSS.
IF NOT 2007 WOULD HAVE BEEN HIS CHANCE OF BECOMING A PRESIDENT .
LET HIM GO ESTABLISH SOMETHING GOOD FOR HIS PPLE & REDUCE UNEMPLOYMENT IN HIS STATE WITH THE MONEY HE WANTS TO WASTE because HE WILL LOOSE, ONLY HIS FAMILY VOTES HE WILL HAVE , because I KNOW THAT WITH SENATOR  J. AMUINO &  GOV.NYANKO ATIKU IS A FAILED MAN.
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by debosky(m): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2010
Jonathan selected the chairman so what do y'all expect?

PDP is governed by force/cash. . . whoever controls the instruments of power and money dictates the tune.
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Pukkah: 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2010
Let's now see how far IBB's guts can take him.  Don't be surprised if he chickens out for he's not known to be a risk-taker and may not run on a platform other than PDP's.

To all IBB's apologists out there, do you think your mentor/candidate possesses the intra-PDP network necessary to win its presidential primaries?

Whoever emerges as the President in 2011 should remember his first assignment: put IBB where he belongs - behind bars.  Afterall, we left him alone after his numerous sins but why doesn't he want to leave us alone?
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by member479760: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2010
Prof. please cont with the d good job but don't forget u need to rig the election in order to win. nothing go happen.
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by heyma: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2010
I don't enjoy modifying, it fills up your inbox.

Never mind, just minor "commas"
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by bkbabe97y(m): 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2010
gamesb:

HE HAS 100/ PERCENT RIGHT TO CONTEST & WIN  . ONE THING THE NORTH SUPPOSED TO KNOW IS THAT SOUTH -SOUTH HAS NOT RULED THIS COUNTRY BEFORE & WE OWN NO BODY ANY[b] PERMITTION[/b] TO CONTEST JUST AS THE REST OF THE COUNTRY ARE TAKING OUR OIL & GAS.
IBB &  ATIKU SHOULD GO & RELAX IN THEIR VILLAGES & CONTRIBUTE POSITIVELY TO THEIR PEOPLE.
THEIR TIME HAS PAST.
AS FOR IBB HE HAS RULED THIS COUNTRY FOR 8 SOLID YEARS WHAT NEXT DID HE WANT?
ATIKU IS A NOISE MAKER & A DISLOYAL FELLOW WHO CAN NOT EVEN RESPECT HIS BOSS.
[s]IF NOT 2007 WOULD HAVE BEEN HIS CHANCE OF BECOMING A PRESIDENT[/s] .
LET HIM GO ESTABLISH SOMETHING GOOD FOR HIS PPLE & REDUCE UNEMPLOYMENT IN HIS STATE WITH THE MONEY HE WANTS TO WASTE because HE WILL LOOSE, ONLY HIS FAMILY VOTES HE WILL HAVE , [s]because I KNOW THAT WITH SENATOR  J. AMUINO &  GOV.NYANKO ATIKU IS A FAILED MAN[/s].

Jesus of Brooklyn! I had a headache reading these missles!
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Depilot(m): 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2010
PDP says Jonathan can contest, this same PDP also says Zoning agreement must stay.
It is only August 2010, and these criminals have already setting up confusion that will sabotage 2011 election.

It will be a very nasty period, and my prediction is: the Yoruba people will disappear one by one into their various villages, the Igbo people will immediately leave the country one at a time, while the Hausa people will remain and take control as usual.
Only time will tell, but it doesn't look too promising.
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by slap1(m): 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2010
It is optionally compulsory that they consent to Gj's candidature cos they will be at the recieving end if they don't.
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by kokoA(m): 9:59pm On Aug 12, 2010
I really never cared about the zoning thing anyway and I also don't care if Goodluck decides to contest or not; what am bordered about is the interest of "tokumbo leaders" like IBB, BUHARI and ATIKU. We must not give these oldmen any chance at all. So I personally will endorse any young new-comer (jonathan, ribadu, donald duke, fashola, utomi, e.t.c) just for a change in the face of our polity.
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by blueflame1: 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2010
Nigerian leaders don't honour the constitution which is boldly written, in such a case I wonder why any sensible person would expect such people to honour an unwritten agreement.

A few reasonable questions concerning this dubious so called "unwritten agreement would suffice here:

*What serious minded people apply an unwritten agreement for a serious issue

*Who are these so called gentlemen who where present during the so called gentlemen's agreement

*Who did they consult amongst the 150Million strong Nigerian public before entering into an unwritten agreement

*When Babangida, Atiku, Buhari and co. made strong moves to contest the 2003 presidential election; with Buhari going all the way, were was this so called agreement?
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2010
The north must not be allowed to enslave us again, its either Jonathan or no nigeria, these northerners are one useless set of parasitic demons, at times i just hate this country
Re: Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest by BabaO2: 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
Is PDP the only party in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

LOL! See Former Head Of State Babangida, Rocking Agbada And Canvas(photos) / Release Nnamdi Kanu And Give Us Biafra Or Expect More Attacks On pipline Gen Ben / Pictures: First Highway Bridge In Nigeria Has Collapsed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.