Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,624 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It (59789 Views)

DOWNLOAD GB Whatsapp V18.50.0 Latest Version / The Hypocrisy Of GB Whatsapp Users / Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Stop Using It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by DeOTR: 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2019
olawale780:
and they will hack over 5 million users account ba? No be everybody dat do something free wn harm u, hackers may backdoor d app but most developers do not have time for that.
And you wonder why I'll waste my time developing a clone app with more appealing features than the original one when I can simply create my own separate messaging app?
Maybe not to hack all its users, but they already have all your data with your permission. They can easily hack any of their users that interest them. Why would anyone create a back door for hackers anyway?
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by tfash96(m): 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
Gbwhatsapp is cool na almost everybody is using it now it will soon send normal WhatsApp to exile..so kip quiet
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by oluwashedy: 6:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
Op leave us alone!
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2019
So basically.. I'm seeing most people don't understand my point. Whether whatsapp and GB Whatsapp can be compromised.

A regular whatsapp user knows who to blame when something goes wrong and his data is leaked. Whatsapp would take the blame.

Now for a data breach that occurs because you feel the original developers of the app are too dumb to add updates and you download a mod. Who do you blame.

And for those saying GBwhatsapp would push whatsapp off. A MOD pushing the original app off the limelight. You guys are just funny.

Whatsapp is owned by Facebook and you can obviously see how they block accounts on Facebook and Instagram. Keep using it. I'll watch when someone here opens a thread saying he's been banned from whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by olawale780: 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2019
DeOTR:

And you wonder why I'll waste my time developing a clone app with more appealing features than the original one when I can simply create my own separate messaging app?
Maybe not to hack all its users, but they already have all your data with your permission. They can easily hack any of their users that interest them. Why would anyone create a back door for hackers anyway?
you may be right and I may be wrong; but what I know about some developers is that they like people giving them credit(competition) . I know about 5 other WhatsApp that was build like GBwhatsapp. It looks like competition to me thou. For the cloning part; you and I know is not easy to build app that will get user like official WhatsApp right now. Where BBM dey today.
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by olawale780: 10:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:
So basically.. I'm seeing most people don't understand my point. Whether whatsapp and GB Whatsapp can be compromised.

A regular whatsapp user knows who to blame when something goes wrong and his data is leaked. Whatsapp would take the blame.

Now for a data breach that occurs because you feel the original developers of the app are too dumb to add updates and you download a mod. Who do you blame.

And for those saying GBwhatsapp would push whatsapp off. A MOD pushing the original app off the limelight. You guys are just funny.

Whatsapp is owned by Facebook and you can obviously see how they block accounts on Facebook and Instagram. Keep using it. I'll watch when someone here opens a thread saying he's been banned from whatsapp
nothing like "banned someone from WhatsApp" GB could be blocked at the long run but not to banned its users; (that is people going back to d official WhatsApp) do you know how many million of people using GB. Or Yowhatsapp?

Safe or not safe. Who cares? Every day government agents are snooping on our conversations so it doesn’t matter. It only becomes a problem if they steal our banking details and s money. But again, if you are in Nigeria what use will it Bonds to a hacker based in India?
What do I know anyway
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by nairaland177(m): 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
GBWhatsApp 100% safe.. Don't come and tell us shit.
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 16, 2019
SoapQueen:

What’s good? Noticed you sent a mail!
Hmmm Caroline, I was worried you're no where to be found, tried calling but your number is switched off. Is everything alright with you? And your whatsapp number isn't available anymore. Please get back to me. Happy new year.
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by nani667: 8:46am On Jan 16, 2019
All WhatsApps for Life ✔

Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by Musisco01(m): 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

How is mark losing money on a platform that is a replica of his own and still using the same server

You really don't get my point do you? What I meant was that majority of the people are now using the GB WhatsApp which means he is losing in some way okay!
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by EvilSec: 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

You're right especially 'about the breach. There is no any guarantee provided by GbWhatsapp that your information will be secure and no any other malicious code has been written in it.

I feel like if you are really concerned about your privacy than Uninstall GbWhatsapp and you should never trust any application from unknown sources.

If you want to use extra features and functionalities then forget bout privacy and enjoy Gbwhatsapp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by EvilSec: 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2019
nairaland177:
GBWhatsApp 100% safe.. Don't come and tell us shit.

Many people are using GBWhatsapp but its doesn't mean that it is safe or they are not storing any data.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by yeman1(m): 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
I've been using GB whatsapp more than a year
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:56pm On Jan 16, 2019
Musisco01:

You really don't get my point do you? What I meant was that majority of the people are now using the GB WhatsApp which means he is losing in some way okay!

How is he losing.. Aren't the messages still sent through whatsapp servers. This isn't a mod of a game that you can say he's losing because users aren't paying for some features again.

Whatsapp doesn't have a revenue model so stop saying he's losing, he has nothing to lose at the moment

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by SoapQueen(f): 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
grossintel:
Hmmm Caroline, I was worried you're no where to be found, tried calling but your number is switched off. Is everything alright with you? And your whatsapp number isn't available anymore. Please get back to me. Happy new year.

I’m good. Broke my SIM card and changed my phone number
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by Uchetechs(m): 12:48am On Jan 17, 2019
Those asking what is GBWhatsapp, here is a review of the cool app and download link >> GBWhatsapp APK

Who cares what they say, the best version of Whatsapp!!
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by thowbie7ven(m): 3:06am On Jan 17, 2019
Can you please show us real instances to back up your claim.? If not, oga go and sit down jarey....so you mean apps on playstore don't have security issues or get hacked too?....so what's the big deal?...You are not the one to tell me an app is or isn't best for me...GBwhatsapp I've been using for over two years and no issues or whatsoever plus I have never heard people complained for once...Show us proofs
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by thowbie7ven(m): 3:10am On Jan 17, 2019
DeOTR:

Show us accounts they have hacked and stop blabbing here...You're telling us our data will get compromised by using GBwhatsapp then show us proofs na...
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by LeoFish92(m): 5:59am On Jan 17, 2019
Slynation:

it's actually nice... unlimited themes to choose from, u can actually upload a video upto 11mins at a go,but only people using GBwhatsapp can see it, the rest will see just 30secs as usual, immediately pops out the name of a user once they come online, same thing applicable to viewing of status, and many more

How do I set mine to pop out the name of a user who comes online? And does it online pop up name of a fellow GB user or just anyone on whatsapp?

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by LeoFish92(m): 7:15am On Jan 17, 2019
Slynation:

it's actually nice... unlimited themes to choose from, u can actually upload a video upto 11mins at a go,but only people using GBwhatsapp can see it, the rest will see just 30secs as usual, immediately pops out the name of a user once they come online, same thing applicable to viewing of status, and many more

How do I set mine to pop out the name of a user who comes online? And does it online pop up name of a fellow GB user or just anyone on whatsapp?
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by Sommyroy10: 8:24am On Jan 17, 2019
LeoFish92:

Go to Gbsettings, main/chat screen, contact online toast (tick it)

It appears for all, except if the persons online status is deactivated.
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by Slynation(m): 9:06am On Jan 17, 2019
LeoFish92:

Well that depends on the theme u using.... it's pops out for everyone on whatsappz, u go to GBsettings, click on theme and download, it takes few secs,that's if u haven't done that, then u select any theme of ur choice
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by bigstan11787(m): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2019
donproject:

there is a way you can go around this to get your data back if a version expires
[Gud to kw..please update me on how to do it..
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by bigstan11787(m): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2019
erico2k2:

Let my ask you a simple question,when do you think wassap included end to end encryption to thier service and why?

I think 2017 and its bcx of beter security
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by erico2k2(m): 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
bigstan11787:

I think 2017 and its bcx of beter security
Exactly and it was not willinghly, it was due to new regulation from government.Now if it was 2017 its just now so at some point wahtsap operaterd like this version as well even worse!
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
bigstan11787:

[Gud to kw..please update me on how to do it..
make sure you don't delete the folder that holds all your files for the old version. the folder will be named according to the whatsapp type you are using, e.g OGWhatsapp, GBWhatsapp, e.t.c. go on and install your new mod whatsapp. go to your file manager and take note of the any new WhatsApp folder that is just added to your phone, it could be GBWhatsApp3 OGWhaysapp3 or anything. go to the new installed whatsapp and uninstall it. . go back to your file manager and delete its folder, rename your previous folder that contains all your data to the exact name of the deleted folder, mind the case at which the folder you deleted was named. You can now reinstall the app and do the necessary and make sure you use restore option whenever you are given to use as the app will found a backup on your storage.....welcome back to your old chats
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by DeOTR: 12:38am On Jan 18, 2019
thowbie7ven:
Show us accounts they have hacked and stop blabbing here...You're telling us our data will get compromised by using GBwhatsapp then show us proofs na...
How is it my concern if your privacy compromised?
You'll soon learn your lesson.
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by thowbie7ven(m): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2019
DeOTR:

How is it my concern if your privacy compromised?
You'll soon learn your lesson.
Loool...I laugh in Spanish!..Learn my lesson about what exactly?...I've been using GB whatsapp for over three years and nothing, I repeat nothing like my data has ever been compromised...so how is it your business
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by DeOTR: 10:47am On Jan 19, 2019
thowbie7ven:
Loool...I laugh in Spanish!..Learn my lesson about what exactly?...I've been using GB whatsapp for over three years and nothing, I repeat nothing like my data has ever been compromised...so how is it your business
It's not my business and last time I checked, I didn't mention you. So if you're not concerned, why are you here trying to make yourself feel good about using the app?
I can assure you your data have already been sold to third parties between this period.
We have already agreed that it's not my concern. I hope I can rest now.
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by gentlegenius(m): 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
post=74774077:
Good we don't do whatsapp anyways....
You don't have time for WhatsApp because you waste all your time on Nairaland everyday just to defend a dullard and his failed government.

Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by thowbie7ven(m): 7:51am On Jan 22, 2019
DeOTR:

It's not my business and last time I checked, I didn't mention you. So if you're not concerned, why are you here trying to make yourself feel good about using the app?
I can assure you your data have already been sold to third parties between this period.
We have already agreed that it's not my concern. I hope I can rest now.
Lol..you've taken it personal...see bro, i'm not against all what you've written...my bone of contention in this case is before you put up such a write up, you should have come up with evidences to back it up...it's just like you accusing a thief he stole from you without an evidence to support your claim..If GBwhatsapp compromises users' data then you should show us proofs of complaints from people that have had their data compromised...shikena
Re: Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It by webincomeplus(m): 4:56am On Feb 09, 2019
SoapQueen:

I’m good. Broke my SIM card and changed my phone number
Hey, can I get your phone number or email? Got a writing gig for you. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Warning ⚠️ Mind What You Post On Whatsapp. Pics Attached / How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? / MTN Refutes Contraceptive (condom) Production Claims!! See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.