Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,495 members, 7,958,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 (27161 Views)

First University In Onitsha Has Been Approved By Federal Government Yesterday(ph / University Of Nigeria Becomes First University To Adopt Renewable Energy / The First University In Nigeria: "Separating Fact From Fable". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 by omoelerin1: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
writerights:

Universities around the world have TV and radio stations. grin

When these institutions restrict their students to classroom teaching alone, you'll complain of poor standard. When they create avenue to expose their students to practice, industrial experience and to promulgate their talent to the world, your inexposure wouldn't let you see beyond your nose. Maybe you forgot there is a faculty of art and a department of mass communication.

Last December, on request by the school, many students including myself were in school to apply to audition for UnilagTV, a field I've recently found my passion. Later, you'd still complain Unilag only produces entertainers.
Are you telling us the TV station is being established for the purpose of industrial training and exposure for their students?
Where is their lab for science students?
Where is their construction and manufacturing yard for their students of technology?
Where is their IT hub for their IT students?
Where is their farm located for agric students?
Where is their research centre for their students of geology?

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 by sheltergreen: 3:40pm On Jan 16, 2019
Wowwwww, Nice

Meanwhile,...

Re: UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
omoelerin1:
All these universities should concentrate on their primary mandate which is teaching and research. They should just channel their energy on how to put permanent end to annual strikes by their selfish teachers and how to discover/invent new innovations for the improvement of the society through their research.
They are not established to be a business venture, nor are they meant to provide social amenities to the citizens.

Na all these useless programs like davido, or wizkid music and the unilag holes dancing while unclad under the guise of entertainment them go the show for the station sef.

My own contribution.
the University is a town on its own and der is nothing bad if it can generate funds for itself...go abroad u ll see tins like this
Re: UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
omoelerin1:
Are you telling us the TV station is being established for the purpose of industrial training and exposure for their students?
Where is their lab for science students?
Where is their construction and manufacturing yard for their students of technology?
Where is their IT hub for their IT students?
Where is their farm located for agric students?
Where is their research centre for their students of geology?

Keep deceiving yourself

grin Write to university of Lagos or pay a visit. I won't waste time writing an article that won't sink. If you didn't understand the one you quoted, you won't understand another too.
Re: UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
notoriousbabe:
Yoruba made it happen again. Those yanmirins with flat heads won't like it tongue tongue

I guess I have my answer.
Re: UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 by Ekpolee(m): 5:24pm On Jan 16, 2019
NO BE 17TH OF JAN NI, WE THEY WAIT
Re: UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 by Johnboom: 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
omoelerin1:
All these universities should concentrate on their primary mandate which is teaching and research. They should just channel their energy on how to put permanent end to annual strikes by their selfish teachers and how to discover/invent new innovations for the improvement of the society through their research.
They are not established to be a business venture, nor are they meant to provide social amenities to the citizens.

Na all these useless programs like davido, or wizkid music and the unilag holes dancing while unclad under the guise of entertainment them go the show for the station sef.

My own contribution.
Are you saying TV will not help in learning and research. Do you know how many Students that can be taught using such media ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In Fees, Senate Shuts Down School (Photos) / What's The Difference Between NOUN Certificate & Regular University Certificate? / Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.