Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Peter Obi: My Children Don't Own A Car N I'm Not In Vice-presidential Race For $ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: My Children Don't Own A Car N I'm Not In Vice-presidential Race For $ (630 Views)

Governor-Elect Alex Otti Calls Peter Obi "My President In Waiting" / Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) / My Peter Obi: My 2 Sons Don't Have A Car, They Don't Have Money To Buy One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: My Children Don't Own A Car N I'm Not In Vice-presidential Race For $ by carsnazi(f): 11:16am On Jan 16, 2019
Peter Obi, one-time governor of Anambra state, now the Vice-presidential candidate under PDP, have been alleged in the past to be stingy.
And presently, Sahara Reporters has confirmed Peter Obi to be a principled man.

The PDP Vice-presidential candidate said his two children, a son and a daughter, all graduates and already working don't have enough money to afford a car. It's the reason they don't own cars of theirs.

Obi was in attendance at a lecture organized by his kinsmen, Agulu Peoples Assembly in his honour at Anaocha Local Government, Anambra state. There, he told them his children must make their own money to buy their own cars as he shouldn't be expected to use his own money and buy a car for them. He went further to say the people in Nigeria wants to live a luxurious life through free money. And his children have been trained not to depend on people but to be independent.

Here are Peter Obi's words.

I have two graduates who are working, a boy and a girl, and the two of them don’t own any car because they haven’t made enough money to buy a car.

They were here for the Christmas, and I was talking to some people about them and the person said he saw my son and that he always jumps on buses and tricycles.

Some people don’t like it that way. They believe I am rich and that my children should not be trekking, and that they should be provided cars.

But I believe they do not have the money; so, they have to trek.

Who will give them cars — is it me? My money is my own; so, they should work for theirs.

He also said he wasn't in the Vice-presidential race to make money but to join hands and build Nigeria into a better country. Hear him again.

I have been five years out of government, and no one has come to say any one naira was missing in government under my watch. EFCC can come and probe me if they like, I am not afraid.

I am not here to campaign to my people because I come from here and you know what I did in Anambra.

Just give me the opportunity and we will change Nigeria, and the country will start working again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYkksw93E_c

Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/my-2-graduate-children-dont-own-a-car-peter-obi-1977
Re: Peter Obi: My Children Don't Own A Car N I'm Not In Vice-presidential Race For $ by oyebanji44: 11:20am On Jan 16, 2019
But they owned containers

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Don't Own A Car N I'm Not In Vice-presidential Race For $ by gidgiddy: 11:54am On Jan 16, 2019
I think it's a good philosophy. A father should not be expected to buy his children cars, it should be the other way round .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Don't Own A Car N I'm Not In Vice-presidential Race For $ by carsnazi(f): 2:25am On Jan 17, 2019
oyebanji44:
But they owned containers

Well if those containers are for business, then I think its totally reasonable. Cars for his children is a different story.
Re: Peter Obi: My Children Don't Own A Car N I'm Not In Vice-presidential Race For $ by carsnazi(f): 2:26am On Jan 17, 2019
gidgiddy:
I think it's a good philosophy. A father should not be expected to buy his children cars, it should be the other way round .

Agree!!!
Re: Peter Obi: My Children Don't Own A Car N I'm Not In Vice-presidential Race For $ by tamonokare: 3:01am On Jan 17, 2019
Na the normal talk be that, later uma ho enter next level.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New 2019 INEC Election Staff Job Application Links / Associate Of Rat Support Sanwo Olu For Governor( Hilarious �) / BREAKING: Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crashes In Kogi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.