Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances (23828 Views)

Chisom Okechukwu Builds An Electric Wheelchair From Scratch / Innoson Vs Gtbank: 30 Key Points To Know About Their Dispute / Innoson Vs GTBank: EFCC Arrests Innocent Chukwuma In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by safarigirl(f): 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
She also complained about Access Bank earlier on

GTB have ramps, but their doors are too small to fit wheel chairs. Most other banks don't even have the ramps to begin with, and same goes for about 98% of public buildings in Nigeria.

How many places of worship even have ramps? It's not enough to make these laws, because I hear Lagos State has such a law mandating public buildings to have ramps, but what is the implementation like?

6 Likes

Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by santopelele(m): 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
Bad architectural design plan, u need to introduce ramp for easy access of the disable.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by mctfopt: 2:54pm On Jan 16, 2019
Even if they can't put ramp on the front door due to design of most rotary security door, except for the likes of those used mostly by the First bank (which is wide and open like a large door), they should at least have a ramp on the side door usually used as emergency/fire exit so that people on wheelchair could access the bank through that way. I saw one in one Eco bank that was built that way. That should be the standard for all banks.

<br>

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by grandstar(m): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
She's so polite.

First bank is the only handicap friendly bank considering their security doors. They should highlight this in their adverts as I'm sure it will lead to increase patronage from disables of all sorts.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by notoriousbabe: 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
nepapole:

I sawed it
ok
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by Maxmavis(m): 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
A year without complaints? I'm thinking of investing there now. Wow shocked shocked
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by kennybelle: 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
UBA Marina has such facility. The only branch i've seen with such though

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by mfm04622: 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
santopelele:
Bad architectural design plan, u need to introduce ramp for easy access of the disable.

There is a ramp! Problem was the door is too small to accommodate the wheel chair

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by Bamz(m): 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
mfm04622:

Seun, this guy deserves a permanent ban due to multiple infringements! The person violated rules 6, 9 and 18!

Lmao you remind of my elementary school mates who used to compile noisemakers' list. Bunch of snitches, that lot. cheesy grin

--------

Buildings with accessible features for the disabled are rare in Lagos and Lagos Google Guides are trying to create that awareness but it must be from top down. There's gotta be strict laws guiding how public structures are designed and built.
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by lammygloooooooo(m): 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2019
Please I need your advice , and I believe this will help so many Nigerian been defrauded by this so call bank.

Please Nigerian I need your help, have been defrauded by GTB bank and access bank , since Nov 12 2018 , by so called cardless Withdrawer plan, ����. Is nothing but a fraud. It happens on the 12 Nov , 2018 when I make a cardless Withdrawer code on access bank ATM machine Maryland Branch of #6000, to my surprise the response i got from the machine was network problems, later I left the machine , on my way home I got 3 times alert of #6100 x 3 times which equal to #18300. Since then have fill error dispenser form that same day, and I was told that the reverser will be done in 8 working days , fellow Nigerian , since then , have went to 10 different branches to re-complain face to fave with GTB customer care & call customers line on my phone more than 50times, used GTB customers phone in their bank more than 50 times since Nov 12 am yet to get my refund , Nigerian I don't know who else passing through same issue like this how this foolish bank defraud many Nigerian of there hard earn money . please help me to copy and paste till this message get to Osaretin Demuren is Chairman, Segun Agbaje is Managing Director of GTB & Herbert Onyewumbu Wigwe, c.e.o access bank ,on how this GTB and access bank defraud Nigerians . please ooooo is my hard earn money help anyhow to get my refund . today makes it 63 days .

Acct name - babajide ayobami

Acct - number 0126302663

Amount #6100 x 3= 18,300

Date of transaction - 12/11/2018
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2019
GTB na bank?What do you expect from a CEO who doesn't have feelings even for his staff? Not to talk of customers.
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by omicron(m): 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
dazzlingd:

Seun should start conducting IQ test before people join nairaland, for goodness sake, what does this have to do with politics
It has everything to do with politics and politicians when you consider that developed nations are as good as their laws and there implementations are. Public places won't start building their structures with the physically challenged in mind because we shout here or anything. They will do so if such becomes a law and the laws are implemented. Now, who make and implement laws? Politicians - who in this country are so irresponsible that even the people tend to forget why they vote them in.
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by casualobserver2: 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2019
I have been told that in America most big building must have facilities for wheelchair. We need to start it here. GTBank is really trying and they can be the ones to start this process. They should try to reach out to this woman.
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by mfm04622: 3:52pm On Jan 16, 2019
Bamz:

Lmao you remind of my elementary school mates who used to compile noisemakers' list. Bunch of snitches, that lot. cheesy grin

--------

Buildings with accessible features for the disabled are rare in Lagos and Lagos Google Guides are trying to create that awareness but it must be from top down. There's gotta be strict laws guiding how public structures are designed and built.

That is somebody's investment he is trying to rubbish.
CBN is doing something about this. We still have a long way to go as Nigerians don't follow rules and regulations. Govt to don't inspect after building to ensure you followed design builders submitted to get approval. More than 50% don't even have building approval!

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by mechanics(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
That's true, most banks have that in place now.
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by WilliamsSteve: 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2019
nepapole:
I sawed it
U sawed it
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by Pharoh: 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
Banks are not public institutions so they are not obligated to provide provision for the disabled. By the way complaining about banks not having provisions for the disabled is preposterous because the Nigerian environment and roads are not planned for that in the first place. Ninety nine percent of Nigerian roads and environment are not friendly to the disabled so why leave that and complain about banks which are private institutions.
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by Scholar212(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
Only firstbank doors are wheelchair friendly. I don't know if they have exclusive partnership for those doors as no other bank uses them. I hate those small circular bank doors with passion, a real fat person won't even pass without difficulty

2 Likes

Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 17, 2019
It’s a Nigerian factor.. I thought of this on Sunday while in Church that our building infrastructure those not provide free movement for the special people In our setting..
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by 9jaRealist: 1:00am On Jan 17, 2019
safarigirl:
She also complained about Access Bank earlier on

GTB have ramps, but their doors are too small to fit wheel chairs. Most other banks don't even have the ramps to begin with, and same goes for about 98% of public buildings in Nigeria.

How many places of worship even have ramps? It's not enough to make these laws, because I hear Lagos State has such a law mandating public buildings to have ramps, but what is the implementation like?

Yes, there is such a law (which also requires corporations of a certain size and turnover to employ some disabled persons), but any observance has been mostly in the breach.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by 9jaRealist: 3:52am On Jan 17, 2019
Pharoh:
Banks are not public institutions so they are not obligated to provide provision for the disabled. By the way complaining about banks not having provisions for the disabled is preposterous because the Nigerian environment and roads are not planned for that in the first place. Ninety nine percent of Nigerian roads and environment are not friendly to the disabled so why leave that and complain about banks which are private institutions.

Private companies enjoy public services (and the benefit and protection of public institutions and laws), and thus have certain public obligations including obeying extant laws (just like the rest of us).

Section 24 of Lagos State’s Special People’s Act 2011 (aka the Disability Law) requires that all new public or commercial buildings and roads be made accessible by disable persons, while Section 25 mandates all public/commercial buildings and schools in Lagos to be compliant by 2016. It also mandates public transportation accessibility and requires the provision of reserved spaces for the disabled in public parking lots. Accordingly, Lagos BRT buses are wheelchair accessible as are the new high-capacity city buses that will ultimately replace Danfo buses on most routes. In addition, all of the new pedestrian bridges built in Lagos (at least the ones built under Ambode) have wheelchair ramps and the new transportation terminals at Ikeja, Oshodi, Yaba, Oyingbo, etc., will similarly be wheelchair accessible (with ramps and elevators), as is the new Five Cowries Ferry Terminal (LASWA HQ) and the other ferry terminals being built around Lagos. Eko oni Baje!
Re: Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances by victorisreal02: 11:16am On Jan 17, 2019
Chikiletta:

https://thepunditng.com/woman-who-uses-wheelchair-complains-about-gtbanks-inassesibilit

Please can you get me the woman's contact number, she's pulled the attention of GTBank

Thank you!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flour Business / How To Earn $50 Per Week Selling Other People's Products - Online Business / (SCAMMER) Ozor Maxwell Chikamso Is A Scammer!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.