Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! (7518 Views)

CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board / Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery / Nigeria Takes Action Against Unregistered Online Money Lenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by Lordkross(m): 5:02am On Feb 14, 2019
OLAFIMIX:
Congrats....... What are you into

Thanks a lot. I'm in the Printing business, but registered this enterprise for e-commerce and General Contracts.
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by OLAFIMIX(f): 8:52am On Feb 14, 2019
Lordkross:

Thanks a lot. I'm in the Printing business, but registered this enterprise for e-commerce and General Contracts.
. Good.... Am into fashion designing..... Sew shirt, trousers, agbada, customized shirt and polo. Nice meeting you here.

1 Like

Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by Lordkross(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2019
OLAFIMIX:
. Good.... Am into fashion designing..... Sew shirt, trousers, agbada, customized shirt and polo. Nice meeting you here.

Thanks a lot, same here. It's nice to meet you too. What part of the country are you? I live in Abuja.
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by tck2000(m): 11:51am On Jan 17, 2020
OLAFIMIX:
Please,how do you customize clothes?
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by edumama(m): 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
You are on point
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by OLAFIMIX(f): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2020
Good morning, sorry for the late reply, through monogram
tck2000:
Please,how do you customize clothes?
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by tck2000(m): 10:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
OLAFIMIX:
Good morning, sorry for the late reply, through monogram
Sorry to bother you but can you create a thread giving step by step instruction on how you do it and tag me?
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by OLAFIMIX(f): 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2020
tck2000:
Sorry to bother you but can you create a thread giving step by step instruction on how you do it and tag me?
drop ur no if you are comfortable with it. You buy the machine and get to work. It's not printing
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by tck2000(m): 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
OLAFIMIX:
drop ur no if you are comfortable with it. You buy the machine and get to work. It's not printing
Here is it:,but i prefer you email me at terysoccerex@gmail.com as i may not be available.Looking forward to your reply!
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by tck2000(m): 9:21am On Feb 03, 2020
OLAFIMIX:
Ma'am i haven't gotten your mail yet!
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by tck2000(m): 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
OLAFIMIX:
Good evening ma'am,
you sent me a mail through my Nairaland email which i have no access to again.Please email me at terysoccerex@gmail.com.
Sorry for bothering you!
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by tck2000(m): 1:45pm On Feb 16, 2020
OLAFIMIX:
Hi Ma'am,you didn't reply!
Re: Why You May Lose Your Unregistered Online Business! by Konquest: 8:57am On Apr 29, 2021
babaonpoint:
In Nigeria, up to 70 percent of people who call themselves ‘entrepreneurs’ do not own a registered business, the numbers are even scarier for online businesses.
How can anyone say they own a business when it doesn’t really and legally exist?
For some of these people, it’s just plain ignorance; they don’t know or understand the importance of getting a business registered. The others, who aren’t totally ignorant, just choose to avoid the upfront cost of registration when they start their business, you really should not be like that.

If you have been running an online business you should know it is really different from being a freelancer or dabbling in affiliate marketing. An online business has more depth and you will most likely need more people ton to help you in the future. You really ought to get your online business registered soon. However, if you plan to start a business soon, the reasons in this article will prevent you from missing out on the benefits of a legally registered business.

I can hear some people saying things like:
"Oh but it is an online business, I do not need to register it".

You are more susceptible to copyright theft and even brand theft when your business is out there without any legal backing or protection.

What Is A Registered Business?
The best way to describe a registered business is to tell you a short story.
Tobi is an entrepreneur who makes very beautiful clothes for men and women with the best quality cloths. This has been his line of work for seven years now and thousands of people love his clothes.

In fact, his clothes have become so popular that people commonly refer to it as ‘Tobi clothes’ (a brand). People actually go to the market and ask for ‘Tobi clothes’ or shop online. Most of his customers are so loyal that they order or come to buy from a long distance (local or foreign) to get his clothes.

Just last year, one smart entrepreneur (let’s call him Kelvin) got a bright idea and decided to register a company and named it “Tobi Clothes Company”.
It cost him time, effort and money but Kelvin went through the hassle to register his new company. Guess what? His new company makes clothes too. These clothes are also of high quality but they’re not as good as the popular Tobi Clothes.

But the interesting thing is, Kelvin’s company’s clothes labelled ‘Tobi Clothes’.
As you may have guessed, Tobi finds out that Kelvin’s company is selling its clothes with a ‘Tobi Clothes’ label. What can he do?

If he does nothing, these new clothes that carry his name will confuse his customers and he could lose sales. So he decides to sue Kelvin’s company “Tobi Clothes Company”.
Who do you think will triumph when this matter goes to court?

The facts of this case are quite simple:
One person (Kelvin) owns and runs a business that is legally registered and recognized by law. The other person (Tobi), although running a very successful but unregistered business, has become a victim of his own mistake. He owns and has been operating a business that doesn’t legally exist and in the war of law, he will have lost the brand name "Tobi Clothes" and will be revoked from using it.

This is a sad example of the kind of unfortunate things that could happen when a business is not properly set up and registered.

It is often tempting to postpone or think that business registration can wait or is not really important.
The truth is, you may be building something that could become very big and popular in the future. However, if you don’t do something as basic as registering your business, all your hard work could easily be wasted, or worse, taken over by somebody else.

In summary, this story teaches us (with a hard lesson) exactly what a registered business is. It is one that legally exists and is recognized by law. It is one that enjoys certain rights, benefits and privileges that an unregistered business cannot enjoy.

In a later section of this article, we shall look at all the other reasons why you just have to register your company.

What are the options? What are the types of business registration available?
Before we look at the reasons why you should register your business, it’s important that you know the types of business entities that exist and how they’re different from one another.
This will help you to decide on the right type of business registration that best suits your circumstances.

Sole Proprietorship
Partnerships
Private Limited Liability Company
Public Limited Liability Company.

We will be discussing more about these types of registration, where and how to register tomorrow.
What experiences have you had when you or someone close to you did not register their business?

You can run an online business and still get extra cash from Freelancing and Affiliate Marketing.
In fact, we recommend you sign up to Fiverrcashng and learn more about Affiliate Marketing from me

READ ARTICLE SOURCE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Share Your Fx Broker Experiences Here! / Nigerians Paid Less For Cooking Gas In January – NBS / How Does One Get Loan From BOI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.