Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,228 members, 7,957,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:14 PM

Dark In The Woods - By Eres - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dark In The Woods - By Eres (422 Views)

Dark In The Woods - By Prince Kabal / Dark Coward Prince / Woes Of The Dark Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dark In The Woods - By Eres by Eres94: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hello y'all, hope you will enjoy this story, it will keep you on edge and has morale lessons attached.
also be checking out when updates are made on the story.

Re: Dark In The Woods - By Eres by Eres94: 3:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
Chapter 1

Its was a playful atmosphere in Umueli towns' village square as children engaged in different varieties of local games; mainly the boys played soccer and some of the girls played oga, while a few were busy chasing one another. After having had her turn playing oga Amara took a distant break and came over to watch the boys play ball, she was 12 and had piercing black eyes with a slim body added with a fair tone of complexion, suddenly a boy ran towards where she was and laid down on the grass, it was one of her best friend's; by name Uche, breathing fiercely and appeared worn out, she chuckled a bit, also joining them were Emeka and Ikenna; their set have just been sacked by the opposing team remaining on the small carved field who were to soon face another set to play them.

"Hey Amara" Emeka greeted, now taking a sit down on the bare ground close to uche to catch his breath.
"Hi Emeka, this people have sacked your team, you people were not playing very well"
"See who is talking" Uche replied, adjusting himself where he laid
"Is it not Emeka's fault, you can't pass the ball, always playing shot, na igbafu ball all the time " Ikenna pointed out, and looking at them angrily.
"You nko!, that likes to dribble, why should I pass the ball to you, when at the end they will take it from you" Emeka responded with a little anger looking straight at him.
"Bia ! If u don't want to play in my set, go and find another set, and you Amara shut up"
"Hey! Ikenna, it is my set ok, you two weren't playing very well, and left only me to be defending, (sighs)" Uche preached but not really caring much about their performance, he simply just enjoyed the game.
"Don't try to insult Amara again" Emeka warned
"Your head there, what will you do" Ikenna countered in a daring voice, gesticulating in a negative manner towards Emeka
"I have finished telling you" Emeka looked away, not wanting to continue in the quarrel
"You people should just stop your arguing" Amara blasted
"Ehe!, Amara will you be coming to my place tomorrow for the story time with my grand papa ?" Uche inquired
"Ehe! now..., I will come with my sister"
"My aunt will come and take her..we will all go together and I will bring my brother too" Emeka informed them
"Hai! I can't wait for it, day before tomorrow will be new yam festival, and many people will come to you peoples' place to prepare the food that will be served on that day" Emeka added.
"I heard Kenechukwu will come back to tomorrow from the city with with his dad" Ikenna chipped in while being focused on the football play on the field
"That's true ooo!, I can't wait to see him, its been long " Uche responded, followed by Amara with a nod of the head
"Leave that one, he only likes to think to big of himself, n'eko ka bingo.. always boasting anytime he comes home for Christmas"
"No ooo! Emeka, that's just how he is " Amara replied
"Ikenna you will come now ?" Uche asked
"Why won't I come, many food will be prepared there, I will come to help them eat it"

They all laughed, their attention were slowly now drawn to the others playing ball, Ikenna was anxious and a bit irritated that it was taking too long for one set to be sacked, and was shouting making himself heard for someone to score, Uche tagged along on the protest, even though it still won't be them next if any set was to be sacked. Emeka and Amara didn't say much but just watched the game.

It was sunset, things looked humid and calm in Maazi Chika's compound, the owner himself was just returning to his house after a hard days' work on the the farm, he carried along with him his cutlass & hoe as he made way into the compound.

(Clears throat)
"Ugodia !, Ugodia !" He summoned slowly
"Yes nna anyi, am coming" Ugodia replied loudly from the house
"Biko hurry up and come please"
he makes his way to a long bench that is right in front of the house, he drops his tools on one side, and gradually takes a sit. Ugodia quickly comes out to welcome his husband
"Nna anyi you are back, nno !" she greeted with a humble gesture
"My dear, please take these tools inside, and quickly get me my food, agu ji'm here now"
"Ok nna anyi" she quickly picks up the tools
"How was work on the farm ?"
"It was ok, although the sun was very terrible on me and ifeanyi"
" O! Ifeanyi volunteered to help you ?"
"Yes yes, he did"
"Eeyah! He tried"
"He did well, I like how selfless he his, anyway it is well"
"That's good, let me go and get the food, I prepared your favourite" she announced with a smile going to the backyard of the house.
"You mean Egwusi soup and akpu, Ugom' you have done well, hurry and bring it" he laughs and gestures with excitement.

Not too long Ugodia brings his food and drinking water on a tray, Maazi Chika had already brought a stool and placed it in front of where he sat. After laying his meal before him, both exchanged pleasantries, Ugodia rushed to get a bowl of water for his husband to wash his hands. Maazi Chika was really excited about his food, the soup was sumptuously garnished with pieces of goat meat. His wife brought a bowl of water which the husband collected from her, she sat beside him and watched him wash his hands, after he was done, she took the bowl from him and kept it on the ground, Maazi Chika quickly began to eat his meal.

"Ugom you can join me"
"Thank you nna anyi" she washes her hand and joins his husband in the meal
"Ugom!, this meal wonderful" both of them laugh
"You deserve the best dear" she replied

After some minutes they had finished eating the food, Ugodia had gone and brought a clean bowl of water for his husband to wash his hands having poured away the earlier one. He continued to shower more praise to her. Ugodia arranges the plates on the tray so to take them to the kitchen.

"Ehe! wait Ugom" he holds her on one hand pausing her from what she was doing
"Where is my Amara and Chioma ?, I haven't seen them"
"O! They both went out to play with their friends at the village square"
"But why did you allow them to go, have they done their chores and done their homework ?"
"Don't worry nna anyi they have done all of it before they left"
"Are you sure ?, you know I don't like them going far from the house, these days bad things are happening"
"Stop worrying nna anyi, I made sure they didn't go alone, they followed their friends, besides nna anyi am aware of what you said, but only God protects his own, and besides they are kids they need to have fun once in a while with their friends"
"O! Well if you say so, we just have to be careful that's what am saying"
"Nna anyi you are right, they will be coming back soon, I gave them a specific time to come back"

Walking swiftly through the compound gates were their daughters Amara and Chioma they were talking about, the noise made from the gate they opened drew the attention of their parents.

"They are already back nna anyi" Ugodia announced and quickly carries the tray towards the backyard.
"Daddy good afternoon"
"Daddy good afternoon" both girls greeted
"Ehe! How are my daughters doing ?, come and sit with me"
"Daddy we are fine" Amara replied

The girls happily sat beside their father, one on the right, the other on the left

"So you two went to play at the village square with your friends ?"
"Yes daddy, I played oga and I win sometimes" Chioma answered in a meek way
"Even me self, then I later watched the boys play football" Amara noted
"Wow!, is that so, you two really enjoyed yourselves"
"Yes!" They replied, their father laughed and smiled in content
"Daddy one day I will learn to play ball, I like it" Amara declared
Maazi Chika laughs again, he crosses his hands over the shoulders of his daughters in warm closure and embrace.

"It is well, but as long you take your studies seriously, it is very important"
"Yes daddy we promise to take it seriously" Amara replied
"Yes daddy, we will be taking first in class everytime"
Their father laughs agian and nodded with satisfaction on what he heard from the two
"That's good to hear from both of you"
"What are you people talking about ?" Ugodia inquired from behind with a smile as she came and join them on the bench.

The family engaged in a wonderful conservation and were enjoying the natural serene as they normally did, Ugodia later took the children inside so that they would take their bath and later have their evening meal. Maazi Chika insisted on still staying outside and was now comfortably sitting on chair his wife had brought for him as he requested. He remained their just to think and enjoy the cool breeze that had suddenly flooded their compound. He was relaxed and happy, enjoying the serene around him.

(1) (Reply)

To The Unknown Soldier / Welcome To Today / Anthology Of Woes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.