Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected (49009 Views)

Parental Rights In Islam / Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) / OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by mrvitalis(m): 9:14am On Jan 18, 2019
Tell that to Saudi Arabia

3 Likes

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Omudia11: 9:14am On Jan 18, 2019
Well since we're talking about Nigeria.
Do you know that Christian girls in the north are forced to wear hijab to schools even though they're christians.?
Lukgaf:

We are relating to issues in Nigeria brother, is Muslim minority here?

15 Likes

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Lukgaf(m): 9:16am On Jan 18, 2019
Omudia11:
Do you know that Christian girls in the north are forced to wear hijab to schools even though they're christians.?

That should be condemned too

2 Likes

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by BlackAdam55(m): 9:17am On Jan 18, 2019
Lukgaf:
This Is Happening In A Country With < 10% Muslim Population (pics)

This is South Africa, where Muslim population is less than 10% of the entire population. With that, they (Muslims) are not denied their constitutional right. Females are allowed to use Hijab, even veil in universities. They will not ask them to clear beard before they can get government appointments.

In Nigeria, they will ask our army forces to save their beard as if that will deter them from using guns. Some group will be protesting because Muslim females use Hijab as if their daughters are forced to use too. It is annoying!

When are we going to be matured in this country?
as if you guys allow Christians to live peaceful up,north undecided

15 Likes

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Omololu001: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2019
Lukgaf:

We are relating to issues in Nigeria brother, is Muslim minority here?
do you know in a state like zamfara, christian girls are forced to put on hijab?

10 Likes

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Lukgaf(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2019
That we must all condemn too

Omololu001:
do you know in a state like zamfara, christian girls are forced to put on hijab?
Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by samsam2019: 9:34am On Jan 18, 2019
You forgot to add that they are the best country in Africa because Muslims are just 10% in population there.

Look at Nigeria where Muslims are the leaders. All they do is sponsor boko haram and steal money.

Perhaps it's time you grow a pair and ditch your evil religion and stop dragging the rest of the world away from civilisation

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by FiftyFifty(m): 9:47am On Jan 18, 2019
Omudia11:

LIAR! Unrepentant Liar. Tell me where in the North. Since u can't do without lying, can't u try & do it intelligently?

1 Like

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by FoolishBoy419: 9:48am On Jan 18, 2019
See the way christians are flooding into this thread like animals to come here and insult instrad of giving valid reasons. On a personal level i prefer my muslim friends much more than their Christian counterparts because they are the most hypocritical people in the world. On romance section they will boldly telk you how they were sleeping around with women yet they see others as evil.

Look at the way they are treating homosexuals yet they tag muslims as intolerant. If you go to the south the average 16 year old is already sexually active yet they claim righteousness. Their holybook is against alcohol yet they complain when muslims destroy alcohol. They accuse northerners of child marriage amd pedophilia yet their pastors, gramdfathers, etc are caught defiling 3 year olds every week. They call others violent and uncivilized yet they are the ones that easily burn people alive, engage in occultism and steal people's pants every week. Majority of Nigerian christians share the same mentality with baboons. If i had to pic a religion, as an ex christian atheist, i would rather pic Islam.

1 Like

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by FoolishBoy419: 9:51am On Jan 18, 2019
FiftyFifty:

LIAR! Unrepentant Liar. Tell me where in the North. Since u can't do without lying, can't u try & do it intelligently?

Dont mind the id!ot. He is only acting according to the teachings of his confused religion: lies and more lies. Tomorrow they will tell you that ABU accepts muslim northerners with 120 jamb score and rejects christians with 300

1 Like

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by acedsportsng: 10:02am On Jan 18, 2019
FoolishBoy419:
See the way christians are flooding into this thread like animals to come here and insult instrad of giving valid reasons. On a personal level i prefer my muslim friends much more than their Christian counterparts because they are the most hypocritical people in the world. On romance section they will boldly telk you how they were sleeping around with women yet they see others as evil.

Look at the way they are treating homosexuals yet they tag muslims as intolerant. If you go to the south the average 16 year old is already sexually active yet they claim righteousness. Their holybook is against alcohol yet they complain when muslims destroy alcohol. They accuse northerners of child marriage amd pedophilia yet their pastors, gramdfathers, etc are caught defiling 3 year olds every week. They call others violent and uncivilized yet they are the ones that easily burn people alive, engage in occultism and steal people's pants every week. Majority of Nigerian christians share the same mentality with baboons. If i had to pic a religion, as an ex christian atheist, i would rather pic Islam.

Guuuuyyyy! You are truly foolish I swear. Nobody should argue with this foolish boy o!!! undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Barfibassey(m): 10:11am On Jan 18, 2019
you guys are all crazy infact Op you are mad how will this help nigeria to move forward we are talking of how to get rid of this useless mentality and here you are talking shit Islam hajib Qur'an boko haram mosque and whatever nonsensical things that's tangible to the bloodsucking religion as no place in Africa and it is not our culture neither does it belong here, Islam brings nothing but war chaotic times dead to our young ones bombing of innocent souls a religion that's full of pure violence, take it back to the bloody middle east that's were Islam came from let them come and take their bloody peaceful blood sucking religion away from africa, same goes to the Christian who claim to be holy but yet the are nothing than hypocrites worse than the serpent, people who claim to worship Jesus christ and still will be the first ones to persecute him before he gets to say anything
nairaland stop posting nonsense please, we're in had time in our country please post reasonable things

7 Likes

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by FoolishBoy419: 10:21am On Jan 18, 2019
acedsportsng:

Guuuuyyyy! You are truly foolish I swear. Nobody should argue with this foolish boy o!!! undecided

Do you even know why i chose this moniker? Im calling myself a foolish boy for once believing in a stupiid religion like christianity. Of course everything i posted is true so you cant say anything other than ti insult me.

1 Like

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by FoolishBoy419: 10:23am On Jan 18, 2019
acedsportsng:

Do you even know why i chose this moniker? Im calling myself a foolish boy for once believing in a stupiid religion like christianity. Of course everything i posted is true so no christian especially you can argue with me.
Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by mamaafrik(m): 10:38am On Jan 18, 2019
whoever support this move is mentally unstable,are Christians in iran,iraq ,saudi and e.t.c given the same chances to set up church,evangelize, do crusade?.stop deceiving your selves

5 Likes

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by LDaVinci: 10:42am On Jan 18, 2019
Lukgaf:

This is South Africa, where Muslim population is less than 10% of the entire population. With that, they (Muslims) are not denied their constitutional right. Females are allowed to use Hijab, even veil in universities. They will not ask them to clear beard before they can get government appointments.

In Nigeria, they will ask our army forces to save their beard as if that will deter them from using guns. Some group will be protesting because Muslim females use Hijab as if their daughters are forced to use too. It is annoying!

Sir, there are different sensitivities at play in different societies.

There isn't a fear of radical Islam in SA. As such there is no compulsion to resist elements of Islamic tradition that the society may regard as extreme. On the other hand there is not just a fear of radical Islam in Nigeria, there is also massive Islamic Terrorism and an extremist Islamic Insurgency. Indeed, Nigeria is roughly evenly split between Christians and Muslims in a largely adversarial set up fraught with deep suspicion and repeated violence.

Nigeria is a member of the Organization of Islamic Countries and this is a huge sticking point for many Christians who see this as a subversion for a constitutionally secular state. The constitution of Nigeria proclaims Nigeria a secular country but Sharia Institutions are littered all over the constitution and Sharia law has been enacted in most Northern States. All of these lead to a natural adversarial tension which leads to measures to curtail certain elements of Islamic tradition that may appear overbearing.

The truth is that it is extremely dangerous to allow people to go around incognito with their faces hidden in a society bedeviled by terrorism - that is nothing but a risk. Finally I dont think anyone will disturb you if you wear a Hijab in a private place or gathering - but you cannot insist on perverting the rules of a school or the army for instance by donning something different from the prescribed uniforms of these bodies. As to the question of a beard, even mere banks often insist their staff are clean shaven to appear professional: how much more an institution with the discipline of the army?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by EmmGee: 10:44am On Jan 18, 2019
Lukgaf:

That should be condemned too

I'm very against this. as the number of schools where muslims are not allowed to wear hijab is much much more than schools were Christians are forced to wear hijab..

infact I've never heard of thr zamfara case
Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 18, 2019
Lukgaf:

You are unrepentant terrorist. Every military personel all over the world are required to shave except talibans.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by true2god: 11:04am On Jan 18, 2019
BenzEne1:
Salaam OP.
Hijab I think is allowed in some states dominated by Muslims.
It would be unheard of to make such laws in a state that has minute Islamic population.

Anyways why are so much Kaafir on this thread. You people should leave us alone.
Kafirobia alert!
Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Nanosecond: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
Modarun:
Please Shia are Muslims too. Is Buhari allowing them practice their faith? We dont need any divisive forces. Muslims are being slaughtered in Zamfara, Bornu, Sokoto and so many places. Lets talk about those. Or is the OP more Muslim than they are? Respect peoples rights you say, but when you get to become majourity you dont respect other peoples right. South Africa Muslim population is minute, Yet they are allowed to live, work and flourish without harm. The Gazidis are now endangered, Christians in Egypt are now endangered, While Germany a country built by Christians, and still a predorminantely chritian country has thrown her doors open for Muslim refugees, the KSA, Kuwiat and so on refused to allow same muslims into their country, Why is that? Syria are predorminantely muslims why are they killing themselves? You want to have your rights, but in Kano you are destroying peoples goods. how many Muslims in Akwa Ibom, Portharcourt and so on are harrased daily? No one is against Muslim rights, we must stop the ugly Fanatism and religious bigotry that has engulfed this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Nanosecond: 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
Caseless:
sad

The most hypocritical set of Christians are found in Nigeria - you can't expect those who worship their pastors to be rational and logical. Everything you see them do - including the hate they're known for against the Muslims - is borne out of competition and jealousy they have towards Islam.

We have some who are good, but majority are hate-filled and hypocritical.

hate coming from an Islamist

1 Like

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by gatecrash123: 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
welcome to Nigeria where a child from a Christian home will be told to start wearing hijab just to enroll in a Muslim school.
Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by gatecrash123: 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
FoolishBoy419:

dis guy is truly high, the tramadol u av been taken all dis while has started to manifest in ur life.
no 1, who told u the BIBLE is against alcohol. no 2, between Islam and Christian, who religion practice child marriage the most. I don see say ur brain din mix with petrol. OK no 3, between xtian and Muslim who are more uncivilize? we all know how Muslims in the middle east kill another because he or she committed formication, we all know how they cut off hands because of stealing. which religion does that if not Islam. mtcheew
Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by FoolishBoy419: 1:28pm On Jan 18, 2019
gatecrash123:

dis guy is truly high, the tramadol u av been taken all dis while has started to manifest in ur life.
no 1, who told u the BIBLE is against alcohol. no 2, between Islam and Christian, who religion practice child marriage the most. I don see say ur brain din mix with petrol. OK no 3, between xtian and Muslim who are more uncivilize? we all know how Muslims in the middle east kill another because he or she committed formication, we all know how they cut off hands because of stealing. which religion does that if not Islam. mtcheew

I may be high, but not as high (intoxicated) as your god that cant even kill a fly but wants me to respect him.

1) Show me where your story book encourages alcohol.

2) Islam practises child marriage while more christians simply r@pe the children. You can start observing from the news from now on

3) Everyday we hear about how christians set petty thieves on fire and watch them burn to death (while hypocritically worshipping politicians). Its your people that remove eyes, intestines, brains, etc. Those things dont happen among muslims.

That is not to say islam doesnt have it's shortcomings but i would pick it over that useless religion any time any day
Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by yerobiukini(m): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Uyi168:
Kk...
my broda make I must ur brain Saudi self no dey use sharia law so dat pics no sell
Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Uyi168: 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
yerobiukini:
my broda make I must ur brain
Saudi self no dey use sharia law so dat pics no sell
Reread what u wrote and tell me if u made sense..

1 Like

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by luizpippo(m): 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
FoolishBoy419:

I may be high, but not as high (intoxicated) as your god that cant even kill a fly but wants me to respect him.

1) Show me where your story book encourages alcohol.

2) Islam practises child marriage while more christians simply r@pe the children. You can start observing from the news from now on

3) Everyday we hear about how christians set petty thieves on fire and watch them burn to death (whileO hypocritically worshipping politicians). Its your people that remove eyes, intestines, brains, etc. Those things dont happen among muslims.

That is not to say islam doesnt have it's shortcomings but i would pick it over that useless religion any time any day
So I had to swear before being allowed to comment and yet you are campaigning against discrimination.

The Bible advises against alcohol but the Bible still acknowledges our imperfections, meaning we might stray into alcoholism.

That some people defiles kids doesn't make it right. They are animals in human clothing, remember even when your Islam supports child marriages, we still have Muslim clerics defiling kids.

Those burning people do not declare their religion before setting them ablaze, so it involves booths religion and even traditional worshippers, same with skull miners

Guy, you have no point,this are baseless accusations

3 Likes

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by FoolishBoy419: 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2019
luizpippo:

So I had to swear before being allowed to comment and yet you are campaigning against discrimination.

The Bible advises against alcohol but the Bible still acknowledges our imperfections, meaning we might stray into alcoholism.

That some people defiles kids doesn't make it right. They are animals in human clothing, remember even when your Islam supports child marriages, we still have Muslim clerics defiling kids.

Those burning people do not declare their religion before setting them ablaze, so it involves booths religion and even traditional worshippers, same with skull miners

Guy, you have no point,this are baseless accusations

in other words, you denounced your faith to invade into someone's thread. Since they dont want you why cant you act as if they dont exist?

You sound very funny here. If the bible sees alcohol consumption as a mere part of imperfections, then adulterers, fornicators, homosexuals, etc shouldn't be frowned upon by the bible in all fairness. Afterall, your all powerful god can simply kill the devil and solve all these problems. lol. Indeed i was foolish for believing this poo.

But when some Muslims from among the 1 billion go astray, they are not bad eggs, they are ambassadors of their religion while pastors do not represent Christianity. May i remind you that your god rraped Mary? He used her to beget(sexual reproduction) a son without her permission.
#hypocrisy

Oh, so they dont declare their religion. Can you now tell me why the other 1.6 billion muslims dont do the bombings? If you quote verses from the quran to show why the terrorists are doing the work of islam i will gladly show you from the old testaments why your people burn petty thieves alive. Btw, didnt you say your people are civilised? Confused mofo

1 Like

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Modarun(m): 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2019
Please Shia are Muslims too. Is Buhari allowing them practice their faith? We dont need any divisive forces. Muslims are being slaughtered in Zamfara, Bornu, Sokoto and so many places. Lets talk about those. Or is the OP more Muslim than they are? Respect peoples rights you say, but when you get to become majourity you dont respect other peoples right. South Africa Muslim population is minute, Yet they are allowed to live, work and flourish without harm. The Gazidis are now endangered, Christians in Egypt are now endangered, While Germany a country built by Christians, and still a predorminantely chritian country has thrown her doors open for Muslim refugees, the KSA, Kuwiat and so on refused to allow same muslims into their country, Why is that? Syria are predorminantely muslims why are they killing themselves? You want to have your rights, but in Kano you are destroying peoples goods. how many Muslims in Akwa Ibom, Portharcourt and so on are harrased daily? No one is against Muslim rights, we must stop the ugly Fanatism and religious bigotry that has engulfed this nation.

1 Like

Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Friend01(m): 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
Donbigi2:
I start respecting your religion when I don’t have to click yes to shit like this. Y’all always want special status ��‍♂️

Do you just walk into a barrack without first being identified.
And you think Islām is as chaotic as whatever faith you adhere to?

We don't have to conform or contort to your ever disjointed and erratic ideals.
We okay we want we practice and profess.

Tolerance is, you being you and me being me without insults.

And who even gives a rat's arse if you don't comment on our post.

If you don't like what we post you can hide your face.
And I promise you , we won't bite.
Re: Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected by Donbigi2(m): 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2019
Friend01:

Do you just walk into a barrack without first being identified.
And you think Islām is as chaotic as whatever faith you adhere to?

We don't have to conform or contort to your ever disjointed and erratic ideals.
We okay we want we practice and profess.

Tolerance is, you being you and me being me without insults.

And who even gives a rat's arse if you don't comment on our post.

If you don't like what we post you can hide your face.
And I promise you , we won't bite.
is such practice on Christian thread? Islam wants respect but still wants to live inside a bubble. Respect is earned. Don’t silence speech or ideas from non Muslims

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sururat Bello Is Dead (Daughter Of Sheik Muhydeen Ajani Bello) / Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria / Three Brothers Convert To Islam In Imo State. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.