Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) (41037 Views)

Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Lukgaf(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2019
Watch below a video showing International School, Ibadan staff and security guards waylaying Muslim students, while forcing them to remove the Hijab the girls wore on their school uniforms.

Some countries with even strictly less percentage of Muslims are allowed to practice their faith not to talk of a Nigeria with Muslim most populous.

Unfortunately, these oppression and victimization on Muslims are coming from our fellow country men and these guys will soon allege Muslim of Islamization.

Most annoying thing is bias position of people who have traveled to countries with less percent of Muslim

See the video here

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by mamdanju: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2019
Some Nigerian Christians are the most wicked and most gullible you can find anywhere. What has the head cover of these little girls has to do with their education. All over Europe where even Muslims are minority and from where Christianity in Nigeria emanate, the head cover is allowed in schools, police and other security agency. How can we be more Catholic than the Pope

108 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by AbuTwins: 10:01am On Jul 05, 2019
The Hijab culture will win in the end.

Hijab is part of a Muslimah's dress. Why is this difficult for some people to accept?

Must our ladies be nude before they are accepted in secular schools?

They are intimidated by the Hijab but not nudity.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Npfn: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2019
Remove your hijab or change school

296 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Kingsaeedibn: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2019
What she's putting on has no name in Islam

9 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by MrWTF(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2019
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by spartan50(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2019
mamdanju:
Some Nigerian Christians are the most wicked and most gullible you can find anywhere. What has the head cover of these little girls has to do with their education. All over Europe where even Muslims are minority and from where Christianity in Nigeria emanate, the head cover is allowed in schools, police and other security agency. How can we be more Catholic than the Pope
Shut up!

243 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Kingsaeedibn: 10:03am On Jul 05, 2019
That is not hijab.. Stop confusing people..
.for the last time.. That's not hijab

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 05, 2019
mamdanju:
shut up!!
it's not part of the school uniform, send them to Muslim school if you want them to wear hijab.

grin grin with all the cover na dem rotten pass.

254 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by tintingz(m): 10:03am On Jul 05, 2019
There is freedom to practice your religion but then if the school has a dress code and the parents agrees to it when enrolling their kids to the school, I don't see why there's an issue here?

And is it a private school?

Watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO5uPenaFZk

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by elhafeez(m): 10:03am On Jul 05, 2019
There is nothing wrong with the head covering this is not hijab . This kids are just covering their hair. It's not the full/ Long hijab that can be said to be a security threat. I advice the parents to withdraw their kids from the school and enroll them in a school who allows student to put on their hair covering.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by strangest(m): 10:03am On Jul 05, 2019
What the heck is this?

Are You A Muslim?
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

This is the problem, you don't want Christians to comment on this story because they won't accept the above... Yet you want to attend a Christian school with Hijab...

You keep talking about bringing cows down to the south... Hope you can also provide grazing land for pigs in the North...

So as a Christian, I cannot comment on a story that obviously is about a Christian school refusing the wearing of hijab... Can I be allowed to attend a Muslim school with a bible? There are many other schools out there though.
Don't they have tafeez schools there?

For those quoting me and saying ISI is a public school...
The school was founded by Kurt Hahn, who has his origin from Germany and the Church of Scotland...

The school is an anglican school

Please take a look at their former heads

The first Principal was David S. Snell (1963–1965) of blessed memory;[4] followed by John Gillespie[5](1965–1968). The longest serving Principal was an Anglican clergy, Archdeacon J.A.Iluyomade (1969–1985) of blessed memory.[6][7] He was also the first indigenous head of the school. After him was Rev. (Dr.) Dapo Ajayi (1986–1988) also of blessed memory,[8] then Dapo Fajembola (1990–1991) also of blessed memory. Thereafter came the first female Principal, Esther Adetola Smith (1991–2004). After her was R.O. Akintilebo (2006–2007), Dr. M.B Malik (2007–2017) and Phebean O. Olowe (2017-present)

Why will a muslim want to take his wads to a school ran by Anglican church leaders?

@Poster and Moderator that brought this up on Ju ma.. Why cant we allow sleeping dogs lie?

185 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by swtdrms(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2019
This is becoming unbecoming, why do Nigerian christians always shout of religious tolerance while they themselves are not tolerant in anyway? There's constitional right to feeedom of religion so far its not infringing on anybody's freedom. How does Muslim lady's wearing of hijab infringe on anybody's freedom? This is utterly disgusting and hatred of the muslims, nothing more

17 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2019
lf you want to wear Hijab, go to an Islamic school. There are millions of Islamic schools out there.

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 05, 2019
Let's wait for Ishaq Akintola the leader of our Yoruba Muslim Brotherhood.

Mean while here is the school rules

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 10:04am On Jul 05, 2019
AbuTwins:
The Hijab culture will win in the end.
sharaaaaaap

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by inspitation: 10:05am On Jul 05, 2019
Im a christian but i believe in freedom of worship live and let live every one should be allowed to practice his or her believe in peace

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2019
swtdrms:
This is becoming unvecoming, why do Nigerian christians always shout of religious tolerance while they themselves are not tolerant in anyway? There's constitional rifht to feeedom of religious so far its not infringing on others freedom.
we are talking of uniform and not religion pls. You guys are damn too fokn troublesome

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2019
inspitation:
Im a christian but i believe in freedom of worship live and let live every one should be allowed to practice his or her believe in peace
okay. The school isn't a Christian or Muslim school, they forbid hijabs.

If you want to wear hijabs, go to Muslim schools

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 10:07am On Jul 05, 2019
seyi371:
shut up!!
it's not part of the school uniform, send them to Muslim school if you want them to wear hijab.

Are these ones pagan schools? I know that other religions also respect modesty.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2019
inspitation:
you are not a Christian so shut the fok up

62 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Peacemaker5129(f): 10:07am On Jul 05, 2019
If the other way around they would have been calling ICC

1 Like

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Niceman4u(m): 10:08am On Jul 05, 2019
I believe the school has rules and regulations, and I believe the school's rules and regulations or prospectus must have been given to d prospective students.
We politicise things alot in this country. If the students or guardians of these students are not comfortable with the school's rules and regulations they should leave the school or withdraw their wards.

20 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 10:08am On Jul 05, 2019
Excaperx:
okay. The school isn't a Christian or Muslim school, they forbid hijabs.

If you want to wear hijabs, go to Muslim schools
i tire for those trouble makers called muslims

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by strangest(m): 10:08am On Jul 05, 2019
What the heck is this?

Are You A Muslim?
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

Its high time I quit nairastan

So as a Christian, I cannot comment on a story that obviously is about a Christian school refusing the wearing of hijab... Can I be allowed to attend a Muslim school with a bible? There are many other schools out there though..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by true2god: 10:08am On Jul 05, 2019
mamdanju:
France, Austria, canada, etc has banned hijab in their schools. School uniform means that the pupils must not be segregated based on religion or ethnicity. You are the ones dividing the world into ummah and the kafir, the same way the jews divided the world into the jews and the gentiles. It is of no cultuarl benefit to Nigeria except to polarize the nation and promote discord while advancing islamic and arab interest in sub-sahara african.

Can you go to Saudi embassy with 'Iro and buba' (traditional Yoruba dress) and be issued a visa?

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by mamdanju: 10:08am On Jul 05, 2019
Some Nigerian Christians are the most wicked and gullible you can find anywhere. What has the head cover of these little girls to do with their education. I am ashamed that even a road safety official is involved in this barbaric persecution of Muslim girls. All over Europe where Nigeria Christianity emanates and muslims are minority, headcover is freely allowed. This act of intimidation must be condemned by all men of good conscience.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 10:09am On Jul 05, 2019
Niceman4u:
I believe the school has rules and regulations, and I believe the school's rules and regulations or prospectus must have been given to d prospective students.
We politicise things alot in this country. If the students or guardians of these students are not comfortable with the school's rules and regulations they should leave the school or withdraw their wards.
God bless you jare

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by happney65: 10:09am On Jul 05, 2019
There is a court judgement that disallowed any form of Hijab wearing in the school..ISH..If you want to wear your damm hijab there are thousands of Islamic schools you can go to why dont you go there?It is just like Christians that attend Islamic schools,on Fridays,you will have to wait till after 2 before the school gates are opened after jumat prayers whereas other schools open by 1PM to enable the muslims to go and do their whatever

I dont expect to see a christian that attends an Islamic school to complain on Fridays why he or she is still being locked up..Na you go there so you follow the rules..

35 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man Who Picked A Turkish Drone Goes To Mekkah Years After / How Kabir Grabbed A Man’s Testicle To Survive Hajj Stampede. Vanguard News / Kano Residents Storm Market For Ramadan Shopping (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.