Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Men Are Willing To Provide But... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Are Willing To Provide But... (1020 Views)

Relationships With Nigerian Men Are Filled With Wahala - UK Lady Narrates / You Cannot Be Dating A Lady And Not Be Willing To Support Her - Allison Hyacinth / Kogi Lady Dumped By Her Lover After Giving Birth: "Be Careful, Men Are Liars” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Martinez19(m): 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
NB: this doesn't apply to all girls. If you don't fit into what I am describing, there is no need attacking me. grin

There has been a change in the attitude of women in the past and women today. Women of today have become something else. They have it easy and they misuse and abuse their opportunities. In fact many of them see misogyny even where it doesn't exist and feel they have to prove a point that they shall bow to no man even when today's men don't simply care. Men and masculinity have become their enemy for no apparent reason.

In this age of equality, both men and women know that both owe each other nothing and both should work to be independent. Yes, women know this very well but here is the twist. Though female feminists root for equality, but when life becomes very hard for them like it sometimes is for men they start dubiously favouring the narrative that men are supposed to provide and spend on them because it benefits them. They do it for this reason, they do it because they are lazy, materialistic and want to secure themselves financially incase of unforseen circumstances. They are not foolish, they know that it's not a man duty to do these things.

Men would not have a problem providing for women if they got something valuable in return. Let's look at the differences in husbands and wives of today and those in the past :

IN THE PAST :

HUSBANDS : provide for the family financially and materially.
WIVES :
1) take care of the children,
2) respect their husbands,
3) good at cooking (and also seeing that there is always food at the right time) and doing house chores,
4) smartly balance career and family all together,
5) doesn't unnecessarily manipulate and torture the husband by withholding sex or negotiating sex, instead both enjoy it and live happily,
6) willing to support and encourage their husbands with the little they have when things go tough for the man. They don't insult their husbands.
7) even when they hired house helps, it wasn't because they were lazy but it was necessary and house helps simply served as partner in house chores and cooking as the wives still participated from time to time.
8] they respected their in-laws.
9) have genuine love for their husbands and that is the basis of their relationship.
10) add yours... cheesy

TODAY

HUSBANDS : provides for their family financially and materially.
WIVES :
1) will never cook(they don't even know how to cook) and do house chores because they are lazy or don't want to hurt their feminist pride grin. Either ways, they cover it up with "it's not our duty." Some of them, after spending heavily on them, would still have the guts to further add "if you want to get the chores done, do it yourself or employ a maid." shocked grin
2) they have no love for their husbands. The so called love is for the highest bidder or there as long as money is available. grin
3) sex is now a commodity that you must pay for as if there are no prostitues out there and they are doing their man a favour. Is sex all you've got? Who sex help? Don't you both enjoy it? grin
4) despite their f00lish husbands spending heavily on them, they wickedly waste his money further to employ househelps who are enslaved to do EVERYTHING because they are very lazy. They would still maltreat the househelp.
5) Start nagging, become insultive and abusive, distance themselves and even withholding sex when things become hard for their husbands. They can't even assist their husbands financially with making a show out of it, humiliating him because of it and some even demanding payback. They hate the idea of having to support the man.
5b) they divorce their husbands when their husbands become broke with the excuse of "I didn't sign up for this." lmao grin
6) Can never apologise but always playing victim.
7) Can't give their husbands full respect but always using him and always unnecessarily rubbing shoulders with him.
8] no respect or love for in-laws.
9) they are always watching TV and always on social media posting pictures of their ass and boobs and displaying what their husband bought for them instead of looking after the children. They live it to the househelp who has many other duties. Later when their child drowns in the swimming pool, they start crying.
10) they can't even recognise when things are a bit tough and hence the need to save. They always want their needs meet.
11) if their husbands are very very rich, they start insisting on being stay at home wives for selfish reasons. wink
12) add yours... cheesy

Take a look at the wives in the past and you will see why our grandfathers had no problem footing the bills. Take a look at the wives today and you will see why men are now insisting that women should go and work and they don't owe women anything. Though some boys are still mumus but I hope they wake up grin. Today's boys are ready to help cover all aspect of the finances but the question is "what are girls giving back in return?" What do I want in a girl that can't work to earn money to fix her hair and buy sanitary pads but depends on me for that and tries to use me to fix her family problems? The same girl that insults broke boys.

Boys of today won't mind covering all aspects of the finances if they got something as good as what wives in the past gave.

NB : what I did on this thread is compare what wives in the past gave their husbands in return for covering the finances to what today's wives give their husbands for covering the finances.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Dami12345: 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2019
Makes sense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
Martinez19:
NB: this doesn't apply to all girls. If you don't fit into what I am describing, there is no need attacking me. grin

There has been a change in the attitude of women in the past and women today. Women of today have become something else. They have it easy and they misuse and abuse their opportunities. In fact many of them see misogyny even where it doesn't exist and feel they have to prove a point that they shall bow to no man even when today's men don't simply care. Men and masculinity have become their enemy for no apparent reason.

In this age of equality, both men and women know that both owe each other nothing and both should work to be independent. Yes, women know this very well but here is the twist. Though female feminists root for equality, but when life becomes very hard for them like it sometimes is for men they start dubiously favouring the narrative that men are supposed to provide and spend on them because it benefits them. They do it for this reason, they do it because they are lazy, materialistic and want to secure themselves financially incase of unforseen circumstances. They are not foolish, they know that it's not a man duty to do these things.

Men would not have a problem providing for women if they got something valuable in return. Let's look at the differences in husbands and wives of today and those in the past :

IN THE PAST :

HUSBANDS : provide for the family financially and materially.
WIVES :
1) take care of the children,
2) respect their husbands,
3) good at cooking (and also seeing that there is always food at the right time) and doing house chores,
4) smartly balance career and family all together,
5) doesn't unnecessarily manipulate and torture the husband by withholding sex or negotiating sex, instead both enjoy it and live happily,
6) willing to support and encourage their husbands with the little they have when things go tough for the man. They don't insult their husbands.
7) even when they hired house helps, it wasn't because they were lazy but it was necessary and house helps simply served as partner in house chores and cooking as the wives still participated from time to time.
8] they respected their in-laws.
9) have genuine love for their husbands and that is the basis of their relationship.
10) add yours... cheesy

TODAY

HUSBANDS : provides for their family financially and materially.
WIVES :
1) will never cook(they don't even know how to cook) and do house chores because they are lazy or don't want to hurt their feminist pride grin. Either ways, they cover it up with "it's not our duty." Some of them, after spending heavily on them, would still have the guts to further add "if you want to get the chores done, do it yourself or employ a maid." shocked grin
2) they have no love for their husbands. The so called love is for the highest bidder or there as long as money is available. grin
3) sex is now a commodity that you must pay for as if there are no prostitues out there and they are doing their man a favour. Is sex all you've got? Who sex help? Don't you both enjoy it? grin
4) despite their f00lish husbands spending heavily on them, they wickedly waste his money further to employ househelps who are enslaved to do EVERYTHING because they are very lazy. They would still maltreat the househelp.
5) Start nagging, become insultive and abusive, distance themselves and even withholding sex when things become hard for their husbands. They can't even assist their husbands financially with making a show out of it, humiliating him because of it and some even demanding payback. They hate the idea of having to support the man.
5b) they divorce their husbands when their husbands become broke with the excuse of "I didn't sign up for this." lmao grin
6) Can never apologise but always playing victim.
7) Can't give their husbands full respect but always using him and always unnecessarily rubbing shoulders with him.
8] no respect or love for in-laws.
9) they are always watching TV and always on social media posting pictures of their ass and boobs and displaying what their husband bought for them instead of looking after the children. They live it to the househelp who has many other duties. Later when their child drowns in the swimming pool, they start crying.
10) they can't even recognise when things are a bit tough and hence the need to save. They always want their needs meet.
11) if their husbands are very very rich, they start insisting on being stay at home wives for selfish reasons. wink
12) add yours... cheesy

Take a look at the wives in the past and you will see why our grandfathers had no problem footing the bills. Take a look at the wives today and you will see why men are now insisting that women should go and work and they don't owe women anything. Though some boys are still mumus but I hope they wake up grin. Today's boys are ready to help cover all aspect of the finances but the question is "what are girls giving back in return?" What do I want in a girl that can't work to earn money to fix her hair and buy sanitary pads but depends on me for that and tries to use me to fix her family problems? The same girl that insults broke boys.

Boys of today won't mind covering all aspects of the finances if they got something as good as what wives in the past gave.

When stating the different gender roles i noticed you gave almost 10 for the ladies and 1 for the men (i expect you to say their one covers a huge lot)....

Real feminists stand for equity not equality

1 Like

Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Cholls(m): 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
my brother I will call this gender bias... wait they're coming for your head
Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Martinez19(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Michellekabod1:

When stating the different gender roles i noticed you gave almost 10 for the ladies and 1 for the men (i expect you to say their one covers a huge lot)....

Real feminists stand for equity not equality
No. Feminists fight for equality between both sexes, check it. What I did on this thread was compare what wives in the past gave their husbands in return for covering the finances to what today's wives give their husbands for covering the finances.
Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Martinez19(m): 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
Seun, lalasticlala and mynd44. Please do something in my life this 2019 and let me smell front page before I join my ancestors. grin
Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Martinez19(m): 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
Cholls:
my brother I will call this gender bias... wait they're coming for your head
Lol. They will avoid this thread. grin
Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by skywalker240(m): 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
Your writing aint flawed. Judging by what we see today in the average modern day marraige.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
Martinez19:
No. Feminists fight for equality between both sexes, check it. What I did on this thread was compare what wives in the past gave their husbands in return for covering the finances to what today's wives give their husbands for covering the finances.
It would be absurd of them...cant imagone servicing generator or changing car tyres.

BTW

if financial burden was splited 50-50 would the house chores, cooking et al be splited that same way
Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Martinez19:
It would be absurd of them...cant imagone servicing generator or changing car tyres.

BTW

if financial burden was splited 50-50 would the house chores, cooking et al be splited that same way?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by chinchonglee(m): 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
i disagree with u...

d way men misbehaves dis days ehn.. e dey make me support women...

am in a hotel drinking right nw. come nd see way men re carrying small small girls upandan... married old men 4 dat matter.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Martinez19(m): 10:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
Michellekabod1:

BTW

if financial burden was splited 50-50 would the house chores, cooking et al be splited that same way
grin Feminism doesn't mean that men and women must do equal jobs, instead it means that women should be given the same opportunities and right as men and they should be allowed to define themselves and CHOOSE the type of life they wany. If a woman wants to go to school, let her. No one is to force females to change car tyres or service generators but if they want to, they should be allowed to.

Marriage is by agreement, it depends on what agreement they reach. All I am saying is that most boys today are not ready for a one side parasitic relationship.
Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Anniie4u: 3:39am On Jan 19, 2019
What kind of gender roles are those?
Hope you have sisters? Mtchew...
Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Martinez19(m): 5:01am On Jan 19, 2019
Anniie4u:
What kind of gender roles are those?
Hope you have sisters? Mtchew...
Did you read what I wrote at the end? Mtewwwww.
Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 19, 2019
Mtcheeeeeeeeew
Re: Men Are Willing To Provide But... by Martinez19(m): 10:51am On Jan 19, 2019
virgoquin:
Mtcheeeeeeeeew
grin

(1) (Reply)

A Heartfelt Letter To My Future Husband And Big Baby / Groom Walks Out After Seeing His Bride Kiss Another Man On Their Wedding Day Vid / Steal A Good Woman...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.