Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently (1078 Views)

Dad Shares Photo Of A Drawing His Little Daughter Made Of Him / Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? / I Almost Lost My Little Daughter Practicing What She Saw On TV - Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by Saao(m): 11:32am On Jan 19, 2019
Hi parents,
My daughter of about 2 years plus, will be 3 few months time. She usually scared of things like car, rats, fly things etc but yesterday she finally found cockroach in the bedroom since then, she avoided the bedroom and refused to stay alone anywhere in the apartment. Infact she doesn't want to walk on the floor and her is not helping matter, she kept on shouting on her. She hardly play, or even smile. How do we make overcome the fear? Please I need your experienced contribution.
Thank you
Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by chival(f): 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2019
At about this age most children experience separation anxiety and are afraid to be left alone. The fear may look bothersome to you but quite frankly it's no big deal. Always reassure the child that she is safe and that you will not leave her. This is a passing phase. She'll outgrow it in no time. Most times we(parents) worry needlessly. smiley

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by tee59(f): 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
You let her know that, those things can not harm or hurt her by making her touch or feel them. Also you parents must not be fearful in her sight. Some mothers will see rat and scream then run away, how do you want kids to react seeing same rat next time. Then mind what she watches on the television. Most importantly, always pray for her daily.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by Saao(m): 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
chival:
At about this age most children experience separation anxiety and are afraid to be left alone. The fear may look bothersome to you but quite frankly it's no big deal. Always reassure the child that she is safe and that you will not leave her. This is a passing phase. She'll outgrow it in no time. Most time we(parents) worry needlessly. smiley
thanks alot,
Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by Saao(m): 12:38pm On Jan 19, 2019
tee59:
You let her know that, those things can not harm or hurt her by making her touch or feel them. Also you parents must not be fearful in her sight. Some mothers will see rat and scream then run away, how do you want kids to react seeing same rat next time. Then mind what she watches on the television. Most importantly, always pray for her daily.
OK then, thanks alot, I appreciate
Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by ogawisdom(m): 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
Let her start school and it's over
Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2019
your wife needs to stop shouting at the two-year old kid.

that's what is making the matter worse.

the fear of bugs, she will overcome in due time, but the complex she will develop as a result if the shouting and dressing down she gets when she expresses herself will form her personality and make her withdrawn and timid.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by Chubhie: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
Hold their hands and reassure them that there's nothing to fear and that you would always be there for them. Works magic on their self confidence. Also walk them through their fears by showing them how unfounded such fears are. Also teach them that danger is real for balancing so they won't go and start picking up snakes behind your back.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by Saao(m): 4:34pm On Mar 02, 2019
ogawisdom:
she's already in school
Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by nurey(m): 5:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
Saao:
Hi parents,
My daughter of about 2 years plus, will be 3 few months time. She usually scared of things like car, rats, fly things etc but yesterday she finally found cockroach in the bedroom since then, she avoided the bedroom and refused to stay alone anywhere in the apartment. Infact she doesn't want to walk on the floor and her is not helping matter, she kept on shouting on her. She hardly play, or even smile. How do we make overcome the fear? Please I need your experienced contribution.
Thank you

Your child isn't interacting in the environment more (informal form of learning)

If it's not too much, you need to take the child for more walk and or visit parks so she can interact with other children. If your wife has a shop or works in a market it would help the child more.
Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by Saao(m): 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
nurey:

Your child isn't interacting in the environment more (informal form of learning)

If it's not too much, you need to take the child for more walk and or visit parks so she can interact with other children. If your wife has a shop or works in a market it would help the child more.
OK then, thanks alot. God bless you
Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by Pavore9: 7:01pm On Mar 02, 2019
ogawisdom:

You mean school-going children don't have phobias?
Re: How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently by baby124: 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
She’s a baby. Please leave her alone. She will outgrow it. Just reassure her that she has no reason to be afraid. A lot of adults are scared of cockroach. If I see one flying I will first run away... before I come back to kill it!

(1) (Reply)

4-Year-Old Boy Chases His Mom With A Knife, After Spanking Him For Misbehaving / Invitation Card Of Two Igbo Muslims Wedding Appears Online / Is This what Suffering Looks Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.