Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. (9116 Views)

Babatunde Fashola Live On "The Discourse" With Jimi Disu @ 2pm Today. / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
They asked Jimi Agbaje about the perception that he only appears every 4 years.

He said he doesn't appear every 4 years. He said that he didn't contest in 2011 because he thought that people were satisfied with what they had..

He said that he's been involved in public speaking.

Jimi Disu said that he was quiet during the toll gate issue.

He said that he campaigned in 2015 on the idea that he would remove the toll gate if he won. He said thay there was an increase after the election and people asked him to speak, but he said that he can't protest and increase, he doesn't even want the toll gate at all
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 2:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
I need to take a short break.

They are currently talking about companies collecting taxes on behalf of government
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
A caller is asking about the state governor's pension package.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by creamylicious(f): 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
ikorodureporta:

Yr phone no get radio??
sadly
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
grin Jimi Disu is talking about his favourite topic, the school of nursing on Awolowo Road.

He says that the nursing school was placed there because it's close to the General Hospital, Island Maternity, Massey Children's hospital, etc.

He says that he will support Agbaje for life if he does something about the nursing school
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
Jimi Disu also talks about the old Eti-Osa Local Government headquraters on Glover Road (which was demolished).
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by jakandeola(m): 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
ifyalways:
Customer. cheesy

Jimi unfortunately is not the one that will unseat APC in Lagos state. Can't understand why he keeps trying. We only hear of and about him every four years, he'd lose and get off the radar. Good luck to him though
go unseat okorochas not Jagaban. u think u can come to west and decide for us. when tinubu was developing Lagos were were u
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by delpee(f): 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
jakandeola:
go unseat okorochas not Jagaban. u think u can come to west and decide for us. when tinubu was developing Lagos were were u

What's wrong with airing her opinion as a Lagos resident? Even outsiders who are familiar with the Lagos setting can critically assess the situation and comment. It's debate time. All opinions are welcome.

Tribalism is getting out of hand on this forum sadly.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by Toosure70: 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
This guy is working for Tinubu, I dey suspect him.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by ikorodureporta: 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
Jimi no go invite Sanwo- Jagaban?
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by jakandeola(m): 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2019
delpee:

What's wrong with airing her opinion as a Lagos resident? Even outsiders who are familiar with the Lagos setting can critically assess the situation and comment. It's debate time. All opinions are welcome.

Tribalism is getting out of hand on this forum sadly.
dear Lagos is home for all I Neva attack her cos shes IBO I just hate the way she talk about tinubu
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Jimi no go invite Sanwo- Jagaban?

From the first page of this thread.

naptu2:
Meanwhile, the APC candidates will be with Jimi Disu on Lagos Talks (91.3 FM) on these dates.

Listen live here http://www.lagostalks.com/listen-live

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by akdjr(m): 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2019
I listened to the program and I must confessed that Jimi Agbaje has the charismatic leadership that can transform a state with little or no interference from political godfathers who has turn government running into private business. But unfortunately, Nigerian's are not yet ripe to choose a leader like him. Personally for me he won my heart today although I can never vote for any candidate that stand on the platform of PDP (Not disrespecting is candidature).
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by SaiAtikuTill203: 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
Mr integrithief buharilooter is a scammer

sai AtikuObi for better Nigeria
sai daddy AAIn a country that required urgent attention in terms of security, infrastructure and robust foreign policy, Buhari is not fit to be a district head not to talk of managing a complex nation like Nigeria.
SAI AtikuObi for prosperous Nigeria...
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by Edopesin: 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Meliian:
Jimi Agbaje? So??
So you've made your mind about him
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by mfm04622: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
naptu2:
He says they will build trailer parks.

They will ensure the railways work

They will fix the pipelines.

He said it's not just about fixing the pipelines, but also fixing the economy, so that people will not feel like they have to break the pipelines in order to survive

No matter how well the economy performs, criminals will be criminals! As long as it is lucrative
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 3:13am On Jan 21, 2019
mfm04622:

No matter how well the economy performs, criminals will be criminals! As long as it is lucrative

He was speaking very fast, so I had to summarise. This part of his response might be his response to your comments (I don't agree with him because I remember what happened in the '70s and '80s).

He said it's not just about fixing the pipelines, but also fixing the economy, so that people will not feel like they have to break the pipelines in order to survive. He said, "Remember that people were not vandalising pipelines in the past when the economy was good".
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2019
ikorodureporta

Reminder.

The APC deputy governorship candidate, Obafemi Hamzat, will be on Morning Digest with Jimi Disu on Lagos Talks FM at 9am today.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2019
We are live.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2019
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 10:34am On Jan 22, 2019
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 11:14am On Jan 22, 2019
All Jimi needs is for APC to lose the presidential election in Lagos. The events that will follow will be unstoppable.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by Ajibel(m): 11:51am On Jan 22, 2019
luvmijeje:
All Jimi needs is for APC to lose the presidential election in Lagos. The events that will follow will be unstoppable.

In 2011, Jonathan won Lagos as the PDP presidential candidate.

When it was the turn of Governorship election, Fashola ACN won PDP with a landslide.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ajibel:

When it was the turn of Governorship election, Fashola ACN won PDP with a landslide.

I will tell you six reasons why 2011 will not repeat itself if PDP wins the presidential election.

1. In 2011, ACN was a local opposition party when it comes to presence in the six geopolitical zone.

2. Jonathan enjoyed the goodwill of Lagosian. We all thought finally we will have a PhD holder as a President not knowing he is dudee everlasting.

3. Goodwill of Tinubu in 2011 was higher.

4. Fashola was a superb candidate especially during the gubernatorial debates.

5. In 2011, a sitting state governor was never humiliated the way Ambode was.

6. And in 2011, we didn't have Tinubu throwing his weight behind a President who's uninspiring.

I can't wait for 2023.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by MuttleyLaff: 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ajibel:

luvmijeje:
I will tell you six reasons why 2011 will not repeat itself if PDP wins the presidential election.

1. In 2011, ACN was a local opposition party when it comes to presence in the six geopolitical zone.

2. Jonathan enjoyed the goodwill of Lagosian. We all thought finally we will have a PhD holder as a President not knowing he is dudee everlasting.

3. Goodwill of Tinubu in 2011 was higher.

4. Fashola was a superb candidate especially during the gubernatorial debates.

5. In 2011, a sitting state governor was never humiliated the way Ambode was.

6. And in 2011, we didn't have Tinubu throwing his weight behind a President who's uninspiring.

I can't wait for 2023.
Do you really believe and/or have faith that Nigerians will be wiser come 2023?

I think any thought that they will, needs to be taken with more than a pinch of salt. The elitists and the corruptible media outlets, who ought to know better, have not only failed us, failed to sensitise the vote carrying electorates but have also sold the country down the river, and we are now left to clamour and back between the devil and the deep blue sea

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 9:53am On Jan 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Do you really believe and/or have faith that Nigerians will be wiser come 2023?

I think any thought that they will, needs to be taken with more than a pinch of salt. The elitists and the corruptible media outlets, who ought to know better, have not only failed us, failed to sensitise the vote carrying electorates but have also sold the country down the river, and we are now left to clamour and back between the devil and the deep blue sea

Nigerians will be wiser in 2023. Not only the voters but I believe our political parties.

It's just that PDP no try at all with their candidate. They didn't give us someone who's better than Buhari.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by MuttleyLaff: 10:31am On Jan 23, 2019
luvmijeje:
Nigerians will be wiser in 2023. Not only the voters but I believe our political parties.

It's just that PDP no try at all with their candidate. They didn't give us someone who's better than Buhari.
1/ What prevents Nigeria been wiser coming February 16th 2019?
2/ Have Nigerians no other alternative(s) and/or option(s) than Politician Deceiving People and Abject Poverty Continues parties?
3/ I will take it with more than a pinch of salt that come 2023, it wouldn't be a deja vu between the devil and the deep blue sea all business as usual, over again

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
1/ What prevents Nigeria been wiser coming February 16th 2019?
2/ Have Nigerians no other alternative(s) and/or option(s) than Politician Deceiving People and Abject Poverty Continues parties?
3/ I will take it with more than a pinch of salt that come 2023, it wouldn't be a deja vu between the devil and the deep blue sea all business as usual, over again

Believe it or not, parties or system generally are not created to be perfect. Right now Nigeria is going through its teething problem like everything in life.

This is Nigeria's 5th general election. Imagine 5 more general elections. You can't compare 2019 election to 1999. We have grown. We are wiser. More Nigerians are now pacticipating in the electoral process.

And this is the first time we are having two major parties fighting for our votes. Last election doesn't count because PDP didn't believe they could lose out, so they didn't fight enough.

We can only go forward if we all don't allow this system to be truncated.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by MuttleyLaff: 11:02am On Jan 23, 2019
luvmijeje:
Believe it or not, parties or system generally are not created to be perfect. Right now Nigeria is going through its teething problem like everything in life.

This is Nigeria's 5th general election. Imagine 5 more general elections. You can't compare 2019 election to 1999. We have grown. We are wiser. More Nigerians are now pacticipating in the electoral process.

And this is the first time we are having two major parties fighting for our votes. Last election doesn't count because PDP didn't believe they could lose out, so they didn't fight enough.

We can only go forward if we all don't allow this system to be truncated.
What exactly has the Politician Deceiving People (PDP) and Abject Poverty Continues (ACP) parties to offer Nigerians? What exactly has the devil and the deep blue sea have to offer Nigerians?
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 11:20am On Jan 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What exactly has the Politician Deceiving People (PDP) and Abject Poverty Continues (ACP) parties to offer Nigerians? What exactly has the devil and the deep blue sea have to offer Nigerians?

They will be force to offer something when we voters start voting right.

We only need to defend and continously make our electoral system better.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by MuttleyLaff: 12:33pm On Jan 23, 2019
luvmijeje:
They will be force to offer something when we voters start voting right.

We only need to defend and continously make our electoral system better.
1/ Would you give either PDP or APC your vote, come February 16th 2019?
2/ Hypothetically speaking, out of Gbademosi, Agbaje and Sanwo-Olu who would mostly have your vote?
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
1/ Would you give either PDP or APC your vote, come February 16th 2019?
2/ Hypothetically speaking, out of Gbademosi, Agbaje and Sanya-Olu who would mostly have your vote?

1. I'm voting Oby Ezekwesili and I know it will be a waste.

2. Jimmyyyyy Agbaje.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Demands Cancellation Of Presidential Poll Results In Yobe, Zamfara, Borno, N / Why Hope Uzodinma May Unseat Gov.ihedioha Today / Ugwuanyi: We Support Constitution Amendments That'll Enhance Unity, Prosperity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.