Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. (9113 Views)

Babatunde Fashola Live On "The Discourse" With Jimi Disu @ 2pm Today. / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by MuttleyLaff: 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
luvmijeje:
1. I'm voting Oby Ezekwesili and I know it will be a waste.

2. Jimmyyyyy Agbaje.
Oby that went sucking up to IBB at Minna
Anyway, your vote whether its a winning vote or not is not a waste, it unlike can be said for others, shows, at least, you are following your convictions.

I think the Action Democratic Party (ADP), Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi, candidate, is a better and promising option than Agbaje. Do you remember when he was picked up and incarcerated by the security services?
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 6:28am On Jan 24, 2019
ADP candidate, Babatunde Gbadamosi, live on Morning Digest with Jimi Disu at 9am today.

https://www.nairaland.com/4979532/babatunde-gbadamosi-live-morning-digest
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 8:13am On Jan 24, 2019
I forgot to explain Jimi Disu's comments about the nursing school.

When Jimi Disu asked Jimi Agbaje the question about the nursing school on Sunday, I said that it was one of his favourite topics. I listened to his show in 2014/2015 when he interviewed Akinwunmi Ambode and the nursing school was one of the issues with which he tackled Ambode.

The Lagos State Nursing School was on Awolowo Road for many decades. The complex is almost opposite Creek Hospital (military hospital) and it is just before the ramp that takes you to Ring Road Bridge (on your way to 3rd Mainland Bridge).

However, the school was moved to Igando c2012 and
the complex in Ikoyi has been abandoned. The walls are covered in dust and weeds are growing in the premises.

There is a rumour that Bola Tinubu bought over the complex from the Lagos State Government and it is that rumour that annoys Jimi Disu very much. He often challenges APC candidates that they should explain what has happened to the complex and none has given a satisfactory answer.

Jimi Disu said that the nursing school was built at that location because it is close to the General Hospital Lagos, the Island Maternity Hospital and the Massey Street Children's Hospital and this makes it easy for student nurses to get practical experience. He is angry that the school was moved to a far place like Igando.

However, on the other hand, I've also heard a different story.

I remember that Bola Tinubu fell ill when he was governor and he had to go to the United States for treatment. Many people criticised him for going abroad for treatment. When he returned he said that he was working towards establishing a hospital in Lagos that would be like the hospital in which he was treated.

He later came up with the idea of a medical park (the Obasanjo led federal government also had a similar idea). The idea was that Nigeria had many medical doctors that were practicing abroad. These doctors were among the best in their field. Therefore, the government would provide infrastructure (land, electricity, etc) for these doctors to come back to Nigeria and set up practices where the major ailments that were afflicting Nigerians would be treated.

Basically, it would be like a large park where surgeons, dentists and other Nigerian medical professionals that are based abroad would be able to practice for a few months every year. This would reduce the need to go abroad.

It was initially proposed that the park would be in Lekki, but it was later decided (during the Fashola era) that it should be at the nursing school complex. There are billboards on the walls of the nursing school that advertise the medical park idea.

However, the complex has been abandoned since c2012 and its decrpit state is annoying a lot of Lagosians.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 10:16am On Jan 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Oby that went sucking up to IBB at Minna
Anyway, your vote whether its a winning vote or not is not a waste, it unlike can be said for others, shows, at least, you are following your convictions.

I think the Action Democratic Party (ADP), Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi, candidate, is a better and promising option than Agbaje. Do you remember when he was picked up and incarcerated by the security services?

I have never heard of him and I also failed to watch this year gubernatorial debates because I've already made up my mind on whom to vote for but I'm about to download the video on YouTube. Let's see whether he or anyone else can convince me enough to shift my vote.

I'll be back as soon as I'm through.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff, I can boldly say the 2019 Lagos State gubernatorial debate is the best gubernatorial debate I have ever watched. It was fun, passionate, educative and generally insightful.

I'm happy you brought Gbadamosi to my awareness. He's good. He came prepared and did his homework very well. He's articulate and he's passionate. He's brilliant and he's clever. So was it enough to shift me? Nahhh. And I'll give you five reasons.

1. ADC has no platform yet to go toe to toe with APC.

2. If APC loses the presidential election in Lagos, ADC don't have men to tear down Tinubu. E.g Obasanjo

3. If APC loses the presidential election in Lagos, Gbademosi don't have the platform to bring opposition together against APC.

4. If APC loses the Presidential election in Lagos, Gbadamosi don't have the clout of Agbaje that will be be able to spread message underground of an imminent change of guard. Remember there will no campaign in those period.

5. If APC lose the Presidential election in Lagos, ADC will be a beautiful bride that will woo by the opposition and ruling party ahead of the gubernatorial election. Meaning ADC will leave Gbademosi left to dry out in the sun.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by MuttleyLaff: 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2019
luvmijeje:
MuttleyLaff, I can boldly say the 2019 Lagos State gubernatorial debate is the best gubernatorial debate I have ever watched. It was fun, passionate, educative and generally insightful.

I'm happy you brought Gbadamosi to my awareness. He's good. He came prepared and did his homework very well. He's articulate and he's passionate. He's brilliant and he's clever. So was it enough to shift me? Nahhh. And I'll give you five reasons.

1. ADC has no platform yet to go toe to toe with APC.

2. If APC loses the presidential election in Lagos, ADC don't have men to tear down Tinubu. E.g Obasanjo

3. If APC loses the presidential election in Lagos, Gbademosi don't have the platform to bring opposition together against APC.

4. If APC loses the Presidential election in Lagos, Gbadamosi don't have the clout of Agbaje that will be be able to spread message underground of an imminent change of guard. Remember there will no campaign in those period.

5. If APC lose the Presidential election in Lagos, ADC will be a beautiful bride that will woo by the opposition and ruling party ahead of the gubernatorial election. Meaning ADC will leave Gbademosi left to dry out in the sun.
Please dunk Gbadamosi into Google and YouTube to get better acquainted with him because it is disheartening that you can admit you've just today first heard or known about Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi.

I don't give a toss, who governs Lagos State, even if it's a monkey or an ass, inasmuch as it governs, delivers on its promises, alleviate the problems, hardships and ills plaguing Lagos State, I'll be a satisfied and happier person. Not asking for much, but just have someone in that would bootstrap Lagos State into the 21st century.
cc VBCampaign, naptu2, Ranchhoddas, oboOlora

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 1:38pm On Jan 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Please dunk Gbadamosi into Google and YouTube to get better acquainted with him because it is disheartening that you can admit you've just today first heard or known about Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi.

I don't give a toss, who governs Lagos State, even if it's a monkey or an ass, inasmuch as it governs, delivers on its promises, alleviate the problems, hardships and ills plaguing Lagos State, I'll be a satisfied and happier person. Not asking for much, but just have someone in that would bootstrap Lagos State into the 21st century.

It also saddens me that I'm just getting to know of this brilliant guy. I love Lagos State and thanks to someone like Tinubu who raised the standard of governance in Lagos State.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by Ranchhoddas: 1:59pm On Jan 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Again, no single person can bootstrap Lagos or any other state into the 21st century.
The people will continue to get the country and by extension the government they deserve.
Muttleylaff, you suppose don pass this talk talk level. Na people dey develop country, no be just government.
I can see you are easily swayed by sweet talkers.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by MuttleyLaff: 8:37am On Jan 25, 2019
luvmijeje:
It also saddens me that I'm just getting to know of this brilliant guy. I love Lagos State and thanks to someone like Tinubu who raised the standard of governance in Lagos State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58iq2uleTX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbSBKhbQDxQ

Thanks to Tinubu for the economic bondage he imposed on Lagos, its citizenry and visitors
cc VBCampaign, naptu2, Ranchhoddas, oboOlora, luvmijeje

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58iq2uleTX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbSBKhbQDxQ

Thanks to Tinubu for the economic bondage he imposed on Lagos, its citizenry and visitors
cc VBCampaign, naptu2, Ranchhoddas, oboOlora, luvmijeje

Why do you think I'm voting PDP this time? There is a saying that says in land of the blind, the one eye man is a king.

I know Tinubu is corrupt but I also know he has created an environment where technocrats gets to be chosen as candidate of any political party. He set the standard for a future Lagos.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by MuttleyLaff: 10:02am On Jan 25, 2019
luvmijeje:
Why do you think I'm voting PDP this time? There is a saying that says in land of the blind, the one eye man is a king.

I know Tinubu is corrupt but I also know he has created an environment where technocrats gets to be chosen as candidate of any political party. He set the standard for a future Lagos.
Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi used to be in PDP before aligning with ADP. Members of PDP are underground assisting, working and giving support to Gbadamosi. Besides, that Gbadamosi is more capable, equipped and exposed than Agbaje is
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by MuttleyLaff: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2019
luvmijeje:

Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi used to be in PDP before aligning with ADP. Members of PDP are underground assisting, woriking and giving support to Gbadamosi. That speaks volume, besides that, Gbadamosi is more capable, equipped and exposed than Agbaje is to deliver dividends of democracy to Lagos State
cc VBCampaign, naptu2, Ranchhoddas, oboOlora,
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by luvmijeje(f): 10:19am On Jan 25, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi used to be in PDP before aligning with ADP. Members of PDP are underground assisting, woriking and giving support to Gbadamosi. That speaks volume, besides that, Gbadamosi is more capable, equipped and exposed than Agbaje is to deliver dividends of democracy to Lagos State
cc VBCampaign, naptu2, Ranchhoddas, oboOlora,

Agbaje was once like him. Agbaje used a new platform to launched himself. He came to our awareness in 2007 because of the gubernatorial debate. 8 years later a major Party brought him forward as their candidate.

I remembered the week after the debate, I was in the lecture room and one of my lecturers started campaigning for Agbaje and asking us whether we watched the debate. 12 years after I'm about to cast my first vote for him.

Gbadamosi's time will come. It's not just now but he's on the right path.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 11:59am On Jan 25, 2019
Muttleylaff: The mentions are too many.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by MuttleyLaff: 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
luvmijeje:
Agbaje was once like him. Agbaje used a new platform to launched himself. He came to our awareness in 2007 because of the gubernatorial debate. 8 years later a major Party brought him forward as their candidate.

I remembered the week after the debate, I was in the lecture room and one of my lecturers started campaigning for Agbaje and asking us whether we watched the debate. 12 years after I'm about to cast my first vote for him.

Gbadamosi's time will come. It's not just now but he's on the right path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_cVIykqqNE
luvmijeje, for your information

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 4:13am On Jan 27, 2019
Babatunde Fashola Live On "The Discourse" With Jimi Disu @ 2pm Today.

https://www.nairaland.com/4985472/babatunde-fashola-live-discourse-jimi
Re: Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. by naptu2: 6:50am On Jan 29, 2019
Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today.
https://www.nairaland.com/4989206/babajide-sanwo-olu-live-morning-digest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

War Helicopter Arrives Orlu To Combat IPOB - VIDEO / NBC Intervenes In Ebonyi, Enugu Boundary Crisis / Jonathan, His Wife & Mother Now Accredited After The 4th Card Reader Was Brought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.