Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian (29661 Views)

Pictures Of Some Beautiful Places In Dubai, United Arab Emirates / ‘Di Asa’ Winner, PM, kicked off Emirates flight to Dubai for being too Fat / Random Photos Of Istanbul Turkey From The Lens Of My J2 Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by cutieme(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2019
ariketalks:

We use etisalat mainly because we only had our passports with us upon purchase. The tariffs are not too bad but data is expensive. sad
How expensive,also was it purchased in that airport?
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
cutieme:
How expensive,also was it purchased in that airport?
We purchased the SIM from a roadside shop. This is how expensive data is. lipsrsealed

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by willsonzzy: 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
I thought there are free WiFi everywhere

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by willsonzzy: 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
Please are there bill boards like workers needed,i mean construction jobs like plumbing or labourers even cleaners please check for me ohh
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:17am On Jan 26, 2019
willsonzzy:
Please are there bill boards like workers needed,i mean construction jobs like plumbing or labourers even cleaners please check for me ohh
I haven't seen any, if i do, i'll let you know.
willsonzzy:
I thought there are free WiFi everywhere

Nope.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:20am On Jan 26, 2019
Good morning fam. We visited Burj Khalifa yesterday. Standing at a height of 829.8 m {2,722 ft}, the Burj Khalifa is the world's tallest building.

I created an Instagram account so i can share videos too. If you want to see the videos, search this same username on IG.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 26, 2019
It seems some people here have plans to come to Dubai this period. Let me just quickly tell you these;
▪This season is very cold. Warm clothes are highly recommended. Bring stockings if possible. Any item of clothing to keep your body parts concealed will help you a lot.
▪Metro stations are well ventilated....maybe a little too much. You will feel cold so best to cover up before entering.
▪Come with sun protection. The higher the SPF, the better. And regardless of the day's temperature, slather that sunblock on your face, neck, hands and other exposed parts of your body.
▪If you will be staying out late, please take your sweatshirt with you. It gets a million times colder at dusk.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by willsonzzy: 8:11am On Jan 26, 2019
This burj is it a hotel or office

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 26, 2019
willsonzzy:
This burj is it a hotel or office
It has everything from hotels to offices, restaurants, operating there.

10 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Gavrelino123: 8:31am On Jan 26, 2019
ariketalks:

It has everything from hotel, to offices, restaurants operating there.
Beautiful posts @ ariketalks...
kindly,How much is a standard Gold Wrist Watch @ Dubai..?

2 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by cutieme(m): 8:41am On Jan 26, 2019
Ariketalks please can you still find out the cost of UK/US used phones,like iPhones,samsung Sony?Thanks.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by jadajada: 2:06pm On Jan 26, 2019
9ice thread

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by peacengine(m): 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2019
ariketalks:
We went to the City Centre, Deira. It is so beautiful kiss
For dinner, we had pasta which we ordered at City Centre (pictures attached).
The seller cooks the food right in your presence.
There are a host of ingredients laid out and each customer is required to select what ingredients s/he will like to have included.
The ingredients include;
▪Prawns ×
▪Thinly sliced mushrooms ×
▪Chopped sausages
▪Diced tomatoes ×
▪Sliced chicken
▪Shredded beef
▪Sliced green pepper ×
▪Minced Garlic ×
▪Sea food mix
▪Broccoli ×

The ones i marked × were the ones we added to ours.

Along the line, pureed tomato or cheese (both if you prefer) is/are added, then in goes the pre-cooked pasta.
I opted for just the pureed tomato and that explains the colour of the food in the attached pictures.
For the meals that use cheese instead, they have a creamy white look.

Again the food was NOT spicy enough despite adding "a lot" of red pepper and emptying a satchet of black pepper on the pasta. But it was rich and very tasty.

Not forgetting the food came with free garlic bread (which i did not eat).

Total cost for 3 plates and a cup of coke was 115AED

N11500 for indomie? grin
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
peacengine:

N11500 for indomie? grin
sad
jadajada:
9ice thread
Thank you smiley
cutieme:
Ariketalks please can you still find out the cost of UK/US used phones,like iPhones,samsung Sony?Thanks.
I'll try sir. Not promising.....But i'll try.
Gavrelino123:

Beautiful posts @ ariketalks...
kindly,How much is a standard Gold Wrist Watch @ Dubai..?
Thank you smiley I don't have an idea but i'll try to find out.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Jarus(m): 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2019
Good job

You should have been to Dubai Mall if you went to Burj Khalifa as they are close.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
Jarus:
Good job

You should have been to Dubai Mall if you went to Burj Khalifa as they are close.
Thank you smiley I visited the mall before going to see Burj Khalifa.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Afam4eva(m): 11:37pm On Jan 26, 2019
Funny thing, Deira is my best part of Dubaii for some weird reason.

5 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 27, 2019
Afam4eva:
Funny thing, Deira is my best part of Dubaii for some weird reason.
Cool cool Could be because you find many Nigerians there.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by cutieme(m): 7:55am On Jan 27, 2019
ariketalks:

Ariketalks please don't forget to inquire about the phones,t hanks.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Hadampson(m): 9:53am On Jan 27, 2019
Nice thread ariketalks
Keep it coming.. Thumb up

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by ShugaFly(m): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2019
Nice Thread.. Good Job.. things like this dey Give Man Hope ���
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Afam4eva(m): 12:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
ariketalks:

No,normally, i lstay away from anywhere there are loads of Nigerians. I like Deira because it's more uniquely Dubai in a cultural sense. I also have a thing for shopping cheap.

3 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by cutieme(m): 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
Afam4eva:

No,normally, i lstay away from anywhere there are loads of Nigerians. I like Deira because it's more uniquely Dubai in a cultural sense. I also have a thing for shopping cheap.
Afam are phones cheap there in deira?
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Zoey1: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
Phones are cheaper in Nigeria.
New or Used.
By the time you convert Dirhams it won't make sense.
cutieme:
Afam are phones cheap there in deira?

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Zoey1: 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
Kai! Na so Naira don be? It used to be 1AED = N45.
ariketalks:
Few things to know
▪The United Arab Emirates uses Gulf Standard Time (GST ) which is three (3) hours ahead of West Africa Time (WAT) which Nigeria uses. So when it is 06:00 A.M in Nigeria, it is 09:00 A.M in the UAE.
▪The currency here is the Dirham abbreviated as AED meaning Arab Emirates Dirham.
Present conversion rates have 1AED pegged at about ₦100.

5 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Zoey1: 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
I Miss Sharjah.
Hmmmm......
ariketalks:
The view from the hotel we lodged in Sharjah last night.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Zoey1: 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
Let me do a little explanation.
The United Arab Emirate comprising of those 7 Emitates she metioned has different lifestyles.
Dubai....Is more like New York, its a free lifestyle zone.
You can wear what you like, show Public display of affection, loud music, Nigerian churches including Winners are there....tho expensive.
Sharjah.....less expensive, beautiful emirate, no loud music, you can wear what you like but I never saw nude but yes Skimpies, show PDA to an extent.
Ajman.... No PDA, less expensive...not sure about churches...goes like that.
So, the emirates have different laws guiding them.
Evrn tho UAE is in the middle of the desert and people think its hot far from it, every bus stop has an enclosed place that has AC, so its cool, your home/hotel has, the bus has, eateries and most places do to. And like OP said the wind for UAE esp this season is massive. And the weather also is cold this Season.
Albeit, its fun.
@ariketalks, have you see the dancing water @ Burj Khalifah?

chufor:
what about religion? Have you seen a church there?, or do Christians hide to worship ?
How is the weather? Taking a cue from those pictures it's looking hot ...

3 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by cutieme(m): 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
Zoey1:
Let me do a little explanation.
The United Arab Emirate comprising of those 7 Emitates she metioned has different lifestyles.
Dubai....Is more like New York, its a free lifestyle zone.
You can wear what you like, show Public display of affection, loud music, Nigerian churches including Winners are there....tho expensive.
Sharjah.....less expensive, beautiful emirate, no loud music, you can wear what you like but I never saw nude but yes Skimpies, show PDA to an extent.
Ajman.... No PDA, less expensive...not sure about churches...goes like that.
So, the emirates have different laws guiding them.
So can one date an emirati citizen(lady) in Dubai?
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by djhispeed: 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
ariketalks:
Here's what we had for dinner.
▪Grilled chicken
▪Salad
▪Unleavened bread
▪Fries
▪Mayonnaise

I had kiwi juice. (First time trying it)

The meal (excluding the Kiwi juice and Fries) cost 25AED

How far bro...I'm in deira ...where exactly is this place...I would like to try the meal.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Zoey1: 2:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Emirati Laws says when an Emirati woman marries a non citizen, she loses her Citizenship, so if you are marrying for LOVE, YES.
But on the flipside An Emirati guy can marry whomsoever He wishes and the woman becomes an Emirati.
cutieme:
So can one date an emirati citizen(lady) in Dubai?

5 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by cutieme(m): 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
Zoey1:
Emirati Laws says when an Emirati woman marries a non citizen, she loses her Citizenship, so if you are marrying for LOVE, YES.
chai!That one hard o,heard that it's difficult to do so,even to see a decent lady too as all are engaged in pro jobs.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Zoey1: 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
But the other side of it is, The people suffering most in UAE are Black Indians, Pakistanis they are the ones you see at construction sites.
I never met any Nigerian who was not comfortable, some are even Kings, who do genuine businesses.
NONNYG:
about 20% locals; highest Indians followed by Filipinos & other nationalities, Then Kenyans are the highest from Africa

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

General Information About South Cyprus Study Visa / Bus Climbs On Top Of Another, Accident Claims Life Along Asaba-Benin Expressway / South Korea Enquiry(nigerians In South Korea How Street)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.