Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian (29502 Views)

Pictures Of Some Beautiful Places In Dubai, United Arab Emirates / ‘Di Asa’ Winner, PM, kicked off Emirates flight to Dubai for being too Fat / Random Photos Of Istanbul Turkey From The Lens Of My J2 Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by NONNYG: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nice one @OP, while in UAE, pls mind how you take pictures, don’t take pictures of government buildings, don’t take people’s pictures without their consent, don’t take picture of cars with plate number showing, don’t take pictures on accident scene (hope none will occur), meanwhile I wish you all the best, Enjoy

27 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
NONNYG:
Nice one @OP, while in UAE, pls mind how you take pictures, don’t take pictures of government buildings, don’t take people’s pictures without their consent, don’t take picture of cars with plate number showing, don’t take pictures on accident scene (hope none will occur), meanwhile I wish you all the best, Enjoy
Thanks bro. I will be sure to adhere to all you've stated.
Jamestown123:
Please what's the flight cost?
Best to check the website when you're ready as prices flunctuate everytime.
TFLASHOGEE:
nice tread bro keep the updates coming
Thanks. I'm a lady tho..lol.

We boarded the plane at 12:31 WAT and took off at exactly 13:12 WAT.
Finally made it to Dubai at 23:03 GST (20:03 WAT)

Here are some pictures from earlier;
In picture 1 (Lunch);
▪Biryani rice and butter chicken
▪Cream crackers
▪Lentil and sweet corn soup
▪Red Velvet cake.
▪Water
▪Bread
▪Butter
▪Cheese
▪Orange juice.
▪Water

Picture 2; The Menu

Pictures 3 and 4; Dinner.
▪Cheesy sandwich
▪Water

Brb to share more pictures. Please bear with me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
There's this thing on the Emirates plane we boarded. I guess they are tiny bulbs, but they give the impression of staring into the sky.....kind of like the stars. Very cool!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by fashmann(m): 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nice one OP
I dey enjoy your posts... grin

5 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
Random pictures from Dubai airport

5 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
fashmann:
Nice one OP
Thank you bro. Glad you like it.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 21, 2019
MONDAY, 21/01/2019

Good morning fam. The time is currently 09:57 GST but here are pictures from last night. Everywhere is lit. (pun intended).
Pictures 1,2, 3 are random pictures on our way to Sharjah yesterday.
Picture 4 is the taxi line up at the Dubai airport when we arrived yesterday.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 21, 2019
Few things to know
▪The United Arab Emirates uses Gulf Standard Time (GST ) which is three (3) hours ahead of West Africa Time (WAT) which Nigeria uses. So when it is 06:00 A.M in Nigeria, it is 09:00 A.M in the UAE.
▪The currency here is the Dirham abbreviated as AED meaning Arab Emirates Dirham.
Present conversion rates have 1AED pegged at about ₦100.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 21, 2019
fashmann:
Nice one OP
Boss how far?
I saw your drawing, nice one

5 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 21, 2019
Speaking of money, here is what the AED looks like.
On one side, everything is written in English and on the other side, it's all Arabic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 21, 2019
ariketalks:
Good morning fam. .
Nice keep it coming

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 21, 2019
chufor:
Nice keep it coming
Thanks brother.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 21, 2019
ariketalks:
Speaking of money, here is what the AED looks like.
On one side, everything is written in English and on the other side, it's all Arabic.
so that is approximately N2000 lipsrsealed you are joking with grin wink
cry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 21, 2019
50AED which is ₦5000 give or take. lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 21, 2019
chufor:
so that is approximately N2000 lipsrsealed you are joking with grin wink
cry
I'm serious o. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 21, 2019
But ariketalks, do they speak Arabic completely both in school and in daily activities?
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 21, 2019
chufor:
But ariketalks, do they speak Arabic completely both in school and in daily activities?
They speak Arabic among themselves but with foreigners, they speak English.
As for schools, i can't really say because i'm here on a tourist visa and yesterday was Sunday. However, i think local schools would probably use Arabic while International schools would use English. I may be wrong but i'll try to find out.

4 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by manneger2: 7:50am On Jan 21, 2019
Nice one, welcome to uae my dear.
I have interview with Emirate flight catering tomorrow wish me luck

25 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 21, 2019
I'll be back to post more pictures.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 21, 2019
manneger2:
Nice one, welcome to uae my dear.
I have interview with Emirate flight catering tomorrow wish me luck
Thank you. smiley Best of luck at your interview. Be confident, i know you'll do well.

5 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by manneger2: 8:04am On Jan 21, 2019
ariketalks:

Thank you. smiley Best of luck at your interview. Be confident, i know you'll do well.
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 21, 2019
manneger2:

Thank you
Uwlc.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Shinner2010(m): 8:44am On Jan 21, 2019
ariketalks:

Thanks for the update, we are really enjoying you.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 21, 2019
Shinner2010:

Thanks for the update, we are really enjoying you.
Thanks for following. smiley

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 21, 2019
Random pictures taken from Sharjah to Deira.

That building in the last picture is the Commercial Bank of Dubai.

4 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 21, 2019
The view from the hotel we lodged in Sharjah last night.

3 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by symbianDON(m): 11:35am On Jan 21, 2019
the first time I traveled to Dubai, I wondered if Nigeria and UAE are on the same planet. Trump calling Nigeria a shithole country is actually describing Nigeria in mild language when you compare the developmental strides in countries like the UAE considering that barely 35years ago UAE wasn't better than Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2019
ariketalks:
The view from the hotel we lodged in Sharjah last night.
what about religion? Have you seen a church there?, or do Christians hide to worship ?
How is the weather? Taking a cue from those pictures it's looking hot ...
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Enniez2018(m): 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
What's the cost of staying at the Sharjah?
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2019
chufor:
what about religion? Have you seen a church there?, or do Christians hide to worship ?
How is the weather? Taking a cue from those pictures it's looking hot ...
I learnt there are churches and no, christians don't need to hide to worship. They seem pretty liberal.
Forget the sun o. This place is far from hot. It is very very breezy. I've not used my handkerchief today at all despite the extended minutes of trekking.
It may or may not be unbearable depending on your body's endurance.
Enniez2018:
What's the cost of staying at the Sharjah?
We only spent last night in Sharjah so i can't give a correct answer, i'm sorry.

symbianDON:
the first time I traveled to Dubai, I wondered if Nigeria and UAE are on the same planet. Trump calling Nigeria a shithole country is actually describing Nigeria in mild language when you compare the developmental strides in countries like the UAE considering that barely 35years ago UAE wasn't better than Nigeria.
I know right. Everything is just so positively different from Nigeria. May God help us.

6 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Shinner2010(m): 2:51pm On Jan 21, 2019
ariketalks:

I learnt there are churches and no, christians don't need to hide to worship. They seem pretty liberal.
Forget the sun o. This place is far from hot. It is very very breezy. I've not used my handkerchief today at all despite the extended minutes of trekking.
It may or may not be unbearable depending on your body's endurance.

We only spent last night in Sharjah so i can't give a correct answer, i'm sorry.

I know right. Everything is just so positively different from Nigeria. May God help us.
amin

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
We went to one of the roadside restaurants and here's what i got.

Egg Biriyani
The main ingredients are Basmati rice and eggs cooked with lots of different spices.

Picture 1; Salad. This was served while we waited for about 15 minutes to have our meals prepared.

Picture 2; Egg Biriyani. One of the two bowls contains tomato sauce, the other contains some sour liquid i think may be yoghurt. (I left it sha...lol)

Btw, l remember my sister asking that the meals be made extra SPICY albeit dramatically, but it just wasn't it. The food was good o but it was missing that "spice" (no pun). Maybe they just don't eat pepper or maybe we're too Yoruba for our own good. Who knows?

This food cost 10.00AED

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jeff Bezos: Flying Fox Mega Yacht Rumored To Be Owned By World's Richest Man / My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State / Poland: Four Fire Tankers Put Out Fire In A Small Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.