Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,837 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra (3417 Views)

She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man / Lady Leaves Suicide Note As Her Boyfriend Ikenna Eze From Imo Dumps Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Shitface(m): 7:11am On Jan 20, 2019
I and my girlfriend have been dating for over four years now, I am now very comfortable and want to settle down with the treasure of my life.
However her parents because of hatred for Imo state people especially Mbaise refused giving their daughters hand over to me.

What's the unnecessary hate to Mbaise people and Imo people in general from Anambra people?

And please what should I do to win their heart? I really love her so very much and can't afford losing her in any capacity.

N:B: I have spent 10 years of my life in Anambra and my family loves her alot.
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by YOUNGELDER1(m): 7:14am On Jan 20, 2019
Things like things makes me dislike Igbo.
Trabalism now this

3 Likes

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Abascoh: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2019
Fake story, Anambra people and Imo inter marry regularly. My Dad is from Anambra and My mum is from imo. Two of my cousins are married to Imo men. My uncle (mum's younger brother) being from Imo is married to an Anambra woman and I have never heard anything of these so called hatred you talk about. I only know that there is a cliché that Imo people collect more as bride price than Anambra do but even that is not an issue when you see who you want to marry. I will advise you to go and find out why your woman's people don't want her to marry you, it has nothing to do with any alleged hatred Anambra people have for imo people because there is nothing like that

18 Likes

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Abascoh: 7:19am On Jan 20, 2019
YOUNGELDER1:
Trabalism now this
Shut up and stop talking like an ignoramus about things you know nothing about

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:22am On Jan 20, 2019
WTF?? Are both of you not still igbo?? Some parents sef
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 20, 2019
Shitface:
I and my girlfriend have been dating for over four years now, I am now very comfortable and want to settle down with the treasure of my life.
However her parents because of hatred for Imo state people especially Mbaise refused giving their daughters hand over to me.

What's the unnecessary hate to Mbaise people and Imo people in general from Anambra people?

And please what should I do to win their heart? I really love her so very much and can't afford losing her in any capacity.

Sad to see we still have primitive people and customs around
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 7:23am On Jan 20, 2019
grin
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by IkpuMmadu: 7:24am On Jan 20, 2019
YOUNGELDER1:
Trabalism now this

It's in Yoruba ...the egba man rarely Marie's ijebu

That's the fact ...some folks are petty

5 Likes

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by shadeze: 7:34am On Jan 20, 2019
Op go siddon abeg, my elder sister is married to an imo man and one of my auntys too. Nothing like that problem you are talking about unless it is your wife's family that have that problem. Don't make it a general problem between Anambra and imo. Go and solve your problem with your wife's family

5 Likes

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Rednaxelot: 7:47am On Jan 20, 2019
Abascoh:
Fake story, Anambra people and Imo inter marry regularly. My Dad is from Anambra and My mum is from imo. Two of my cousins are married to Imo men. My uncle (mum's younger brother) being from Imo is married to an Anambra woman and I have never heard anything of these so called hatred you talk about. I only know that there is a cliché that Imo people collect more as bride price than Anambra do but even that is not an issue when you see who you want to marry. I will advise you to go and find out why your woman's people don't want her to marry you, it has nothing to do with any alleged hatred Anambra people have for imo people because there is nothing like that
You could be right.

But the next question to you now is, the Imo state indigenes you mentioned that your people got married to, are they from Mbaise?

To my understanding as an ex corps member in Abia state, I could discern that many other Igbo tribes don't like having things to do with Mbaise and Ngwa people.

4 Likes

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by dingbang(m): 7:55am On Jan 20, 2019
What fuckery is this?
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by zagorakis(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2019
Yes i understand perfectly well what the op is saying.. Many Anambrarians dont like marrying from imo... I think because many imolites are deceptive. 2.some of their men are very lazy,3.their women can go diabolical to tie a man down, 4.some of their women have this inherent jealousy and greed that can destroy families, 5.most are infidels..
Lastly.. There is an old saying that" when a snake and an mbaise person enters your house, get rid of the mbaise person and leave the snake" ..
I think this old saying by our forefathers is very deep.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 20, 2019
hmnn
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 20, 2019
Get an Anambra citizenship for you and fan. Then tell her family you've swapped state of origin cos of love and you're good to go.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Oldiesgoodies(f): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2019
It’s true tho the rubbish is reducing
Most Anambra men in my hood can date you but will not marry you undecided

But what is your fiancée’s opinion on this

Just start looking elsewhere if you can’t convince the family after a while because some parents can be very very much adamant about this

Sad but you can find love again cool

Hope for the best anyway and pray on it that God’s will be done smiley you’ll be fine.
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Efewestern: 8:26am On Jan 20, 2019
YOUNGELDER1:
Trabalism now this

This has nothing to do with Igbo, we humans are generally tribalistic, if we are not hating because of Tribe, we will be hating because of state, if we are not hating because of state, we will be hating because of Community/LGA, if we are not hating because of community, we will be hating because of family, we can go on and on, simply put, we just find any silly reasons to hate.

Tribe, religion , skin color, etc doesn't really matter, what matters most is the altitude of the person you are dealing with, I have met several people from Imo state who are wonderful and I have also met people from my State who are demons, let's do away with tribalism, it won't take us anywhere.

4 Likes

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by shege45: 8:41am On Jan 20, 2019
Abascoh:
shhhhhhhuuuuu
It happens. Because you haven’t heard of it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen

1 Like

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by DonHummer(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2019
you are asking what you should do? Give am Belle jor.
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Tchalz(m): 9:18am On Jan 20, 2019
Abascoh:

Not fake man! My ex friend from Anambra said she can only marry from Anambra or Enugu.Imo is a no no for her
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 20, 2019
Give her belle
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by mejai(m): 9:28am On Jan 20, 2019
Each state in the east has something like dat....

ngwa
nnewi
mbaise
nkanu

ndi akpa sense and stubborn. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by mejai(m): 9:31am On Jan 20, 2019
[quote author=zagorakis post=74934182]Yes i understand perfectly well what the op is saying.. Many Anambrarians dont like marrying from imo... I think because many imolites are deceptive. 2.some of their men are very lazy,3.their women can go diabolical to tie a man down, 4.some of their women have this inherent jealousy and greed that can destroy families, 5.most are infidels..
Lastly.. There is an old saying that" when a snake and an mbaise person enters your house, get rid of the mbaise person and leave the snake" ..
I think this old saying by our forefathers is very deep. [/quote
yes. That snake part... I heard it too. grin
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by pointblank247(m): 9:36am On Jan 20, 2019
Shitface:

STOP SAYING THOSE THINGS BROS. IMO STATE PEOPLE RUN FAR FROM THERE MBAISE BROTHERS SO DONT BLAME ANAMBRA AT ALL. IT WAS NOT AN ANAMBRA MAN THAT SAID AND I QUOTE. 'IF SNAKE ENTER YOUR HOUSE AND AN MBAISE MAN ENTER,....... DONT MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THE NEEDFULL.
FOR ME IF I SEE MY WIFE IN MBAISE I WILL MARRY HER IF THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR CRAZY BRIDE PRICE
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by pointblank247(m): 9:39am On Jan 20, 2019
Abascoh:
bros dont mind people wey never ready to marry and are giving nonsense escuses

1 Like

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by ICAMETOWIN(m): 9:59am On Jan 20, 2019
Bla bla bla,Africans are an ode to stupidity
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Flattino(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2019
ICAMETOWIN:
Bla bla bla,Africans are an ode to stupidity
Igbos
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by mrblessed(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2019
Abascoh:
Being from Anambra myself, it is obvious you are a little bit dishonest, or you are blissfully ignorant of the decades-long irrational fear majority of Anambra people have for their Imo brethren. The genesis of the phobia is yet to be fully ascertained. But it existence is nonetheless factual.

However, this anachronistic, stereotypical profiling has been unable to prevent many marriages as your post clearly explained. It is annoyingly a tradition for most Anambra parents to object their son's wish to marry an Imo lady, but this resistance does not almost always endure if the parties concerned are determined to pull through. I have lots of relations who are married to Imo ladies, after the customary parental disagreement and subtle threat. True, there are many instances where ladies from Imo exhibit unexpected behaviour as a wife, but that does not conduce the acceptance of a faulty generalisation. We also have some Anambra ladies who have not lived up to expectations in their marriages. Why are they not profiled as we easily and commonly do with Imo ladies?

Those using this unfortunate drawback as evidence to proof the purported disunity and "tribalism" in Igbo land have successfully led themselves up to a blind alley. What about the celebrated Igbo/Yoruba disagreement in marriage? So, in the end, it is not an Igbo problem, but a human shortcoming framed in the mould of maintaining or having your son or daughter marry from a place not too far in tradition and viewpoint. What the OP is experiencing now is common with many ethnic groups, although not widely reported.

Dear Mr OP, I having no misgivings that you will triumph at the end of the day. Let not this minor distraction derail your determination.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 20, 2019
Southerners self.

The discrimination that exists in the south confuses even the devil himself.

Igbos discriminate against eachother, they discriminate against Yoruba, they discriminate against northerners, they discriminate against those from the south south. Discrimination! Discrimination!! Discrimination!!!

Yorubas too the same thing.
People from Edo, Delta, Kogi and a part of Rivers also have this terrible trait embedded in them.

I've never heard of a case where an Aboki family rejected their child's suitor simple because he or she comes from a different aboki state. Except of course if the suitor has a terrible character.

Thank God for my culture, we don't discriminate, especially when it comes to issues as big as marriage. That's why I put my culture first before one useless religion.

Whether your suitor is a goat provided it's your choice, knock yourself out

Southerners, Una no de tire to de discriminate against people?
.#spits
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Pearlyakin(m): 10:18am On Jan 20, 2019
See the people craving for their own Biafra, shior.

1 Like

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Shitface(m): 10:21am On Jan 20, 2019
Abascoh:

Human
How dare u call my story fake?
Man, drop your opinion and don't attack what I said.
Thank you
Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by Shitface(m): 10:23am On Jan 20, 2019
shadeze:
Op go siddon abeg, my elder sister is married to an imo man and one of my auntys too. Nothing like that problem you are talking about unless it is your wife's family that have that problem. Don't make it a general problem between Anambra and imo. Go and solve your problem with your wife's family

Uncle, have u never heard about the segregation against Mbaise people from people in same tribe as them?

1 Like

Re: HELP! Can't Marry Her Because I Am From Imo And They Are Anambra by YOUNGELDER1(m): 10:39am On Jan 20, 2019
Abascoh:

Shut up and stop talking like an ignoramus about things you know nothing about

You’re an idiooot!

I stated my opinion without mention you or trade insults.
You could have done so without the insults. Fool

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get Him To Forgive Me / The Hate For Women On This Forum Is Appalling / Hook-up With Me �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.