Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo (40314 Views)

‘Obituary’: Sam Omatseye Alleges Death Threats From Obi’s Supporters / #EndSARS: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Death Threats / I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by asiga(m): 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ventura1:
All oppressors always have the best combination of words to sway the oppressed mind.

Tell me one oppressor in Nigeria that doesn't speak the truth … ATIKU, BUHARI, SARAKI, OBASANJO....Just one

Adolf Hitler, came to one meeting with a live chicken. He started to pluck its feathers one by one off.

The chicken quacked in pain, blood oozing from its pores. It gave out heartbreaking cries but Hitler continued without remorse plucking feather after feather until the chicken was completely naked. After that, he threw the chicken on the ground and from his pockets, took out some chicken feed and started to throw it at the poor creature. It started eating and as he walked away, the chicken followed him and sat at his feet feeding from his hand.

Hitler then told members of his party "This chicken represents the people, you must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up and leave them. If you do this and then give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life. They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, it is you who brought them to that situation in the first place."

This is the case with many Nigerians, they are obviously still in love with their oppressors, who they consider their helper.

Word.
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by jrusky(m): 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
netpro:
OBJ cannot blackmail his way back to Aso Rock.

Sai baba all the way. No time to dey look uche face.

Pls did obj said he wants to return to Aso Rock? But why are you people like these? Why do you people so silly, myopic and so satanic in every ramifications?

So all you pooh wants is for all Nigerians to keep quiet and die in the hand of Buhari and his killer squad? Bro you dey mad I swear you dey craze in fact you disgust me right now the more I type this message the more I'm upset with goat like you.

If you are not pls with obj utterances go and commit suicide when obj attacked gej he was then a good man but now you f u c k I n g lunatics hate him bro you dey craze I swear once more you dey mad.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by madjune(m): 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
This Obasanjo should just keep quiet for once.

Is he the God of Nigeria?
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by sevenhundred(m): 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sakamaje:
Obj just seeking attention by any means. Next he will probably tell us another familiar tale like Buhari is training snipers.
ask buhari why he stop crying since 2015? until 2019?
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by reuben79: 8:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
Oshin56:
bro you get sense but they said That PDP did not do anything for 16years are those people working in this commissions are they ghost I beg manage this Budweiser with isiewu
anytime dey tell u like dat,ask them wat buharis achievement since 1983 and remind them dat d agancies buhari appointed his kismen who created it?nepad,pencom,open university,nddc,ube and so on.let me tell u,if buhari rule dis country for 2000 years he cannot achieve anythin cos is nt value us and listen to us,som1 dat always follow his mind wat do u expect?
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by ikorodureporta: 8:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
D spirit of fela is worrying D's moffo
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by Ategberoson(m): 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
Buhari is not gej that you can blackmail his govt to make yourself kingmaker

obasanjo don't have a shame
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by docadams: 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
Okoroawusa:

It was 2007

Of course you are correct
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by ECOLOGIST: 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ventura1:
All oppressors always have the best combination of words to sway the oppressed mind.

Tell me one oppressor in Nigeria that doesn't speak the truth … ATIKU, BUHARI, SARAKI, OBASANJO....Just one

Adolf Hitler, came to one meeting with a live chicken. He started to pluck its feathers one by one off.

The chicken quacked in pain, blood oozing from its pores. It gave out heartbreaking cries but Hitler continued without remorse plucking feather after feather until the chicken was completely naked. After that, he threw the chicken on the ground and from his pockets, took out some chicken feed and started to throw it at the poor creature. It started eating and as he walked away, the chicken followed him and sat at his feet feeding from his hand.

Hitler then told members of his party "This chicken represents the people, you must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up and leave them. If you do this and then give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life. They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, it is you who brought them to that situation in the first place."

This is the case with many Nigerians, they are obviously still in love with their oppressors, who they consider their helper.

It was not Adolf Hitler, It was Josef Stalin of Russia
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by michoim(m): 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
Is all lies old man that prefer himself to Nigeria
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by Seun360(m): 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
Useless old man.

Same way GEJ employed snipers to assassinate him.

Agbaya.

1 Like

Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by Humblezack: 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
FLYFIRE:

I just saw the NTA interview & boy did the dullard disappoint. No wonder the illiterate does not want more disgrace. It WILL BE FAILbuhari in February.

Then you’re not in tune with reality.
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by KIDfurniture(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
May they kill you very soon.. oloshiiii. Obasanjo ole..thief . Useless man.. tried to get a third term. Obasanjo death kill ..
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by BENEAMATA: 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
Afamed:
5% on rampage
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
foreshore:

Like you call your father fool Idiot APC mole

Your father is actually the one
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by Damsyjay(m): 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2019
are you not old enough to die before..abi why complaining
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by BENEAMATA: 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
Afamed:
5% on rampage
chill = 0 !
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by ToyinDipo(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
MAYOWAAK:
For the life of me, I will never understand how former President Olusegun Obasanjo does it. When you think he is done, he has just begun. I have watched in utter amusement how he has, yet again, wangled his way into the front page of newspapers on a daily basis. I don’t know of any other former head of state elsewhere who has turned himself into the subject and object of national attention long after he has left power. Obasanjo is always there, always scheming, always screaming. It is his luck, I must say, but, as a mere mortal, I often wonder why some guys have all the luck.

Obasanjo, amazingly, has become a god or a saint to many Nigerians. Many politicians, commentators, journalists, activists and youths who used to criticise him are now celebrating him as our moral compass. The people he has brutalised before — such as Atiku Abubabakar go to Abeokuta to genuflect to him with two respected pastors in tow.

How does Obasanjo do it? Can anyone help me out? He has a word on every issue. He expresses his opinion so forcefully, so eloquently and so mischievously that you just cannot ignore him. He loves to criticise what he is patently guilty of. He loves to vilify anyone who does not worship at his temple. There is no accusation Obasanjo throws at anyone that he himself is not double guilty of. He has launched ferocious media attacks against most of his successors — President Shehu Shagari, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua and Jonathan. Only Gen. Sani Abacha pre-empted him by throwing him into jail before he could open his mouth.

Obasanjo complains about corruption and Nigerians hail him. What's his moral high ground? Can someone tell me? Has anybody never heard about the Halliburton and Siemens scandals? The damning reports are there in the attorney-general's office. Does the name Dr. Julius Makanjuola ring a bell? Under Obasanjo, he was the permanent secretary of the ministry of defence implicated in a N421 million scandal. Mysteriously, the case was abruptly closed with Nolle Prosequi (no further prosecution) — the first in Nigeria's history.

Well, Obasanjo went on to set up the anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), headed by Malam Nuhu Ribadu, which — in fairness — did kick the backsides of many politicians. But EFCC could not tackle Obasanjo's own corruption: from the obscene fundraiser for his private library to his shareholding in Transcorp — a company that was getting juicy stuff from a government superintended by Obasanjo. Have we all forgotten the scandalous waivers granted to all kinds of human beings, officially defrauding our treasury billions of dollars?

Does anybody remember that Obasanjo was in power for eight years and we kept importing fuel, with PDP financiers getting the contracts through local and foreign fronts? Forgotten so easily? Does anybody remember how much we spent on repairing refineries that kept "knocking" for the eight years that Obasanjo was in power? Does anybody still remember Obasanjo saying on national TV that he did not know the price of kerosene and it was "unacceptable" that it was more expensive than petrol? How does Obasanjo get away with hoodwinking Nigerians?

Do we still remember that Obasanjo did not resolve the electricity problem for eight years? Do we still remember the "$16 billion spent on power without results" for which Obasanjo arrogantly refused to appear before the House probe panel? Is it that we have forgotten that the damning report was killed? Do we still remember that Obasanjo did not add one coach to the railways throughout his tenure despite spending billions of dollars? Does anybody still remember how many federal highways were in terrible state for the eight years that Obasanjo spent in power? Have we forgotten the Benin-Shagamu road saga? Just like that?

When Obasanjo discusses insecurity, I cringe. From every available evidence, Boko Haram started right under his nose. If he had aborted the foetus, maybe we wouldn't be engaged in fire-fighting today. I have heard many Nigerians say, perhaps innocently, that if Obasanjo had been in power he would have crushed Boko Haram by now. Really? How well did he crush the less complex militancy in the Niger Delta? Was it not under Obasanjo that the militancy started in 2004 and flourished?

To the best of my knowledge, militants were bombing oil installations and kidnapping oil workers with ease under Obasanjo. At a stage, daily crude oil production fell to about 900,000 barrels — from the height of 2.5m. In fact, we were later told that why Obasanjo picked Jonathan as the running mate to Yar'Adua was to appease the Niger Delta. Of course, nobody was appeased. The attacks continued until Yar'Adau offered an amnesty deal. How these facts conveniently escape us is beyond my understanding.

Insecurity? Abacha's regime aside, more Nigerians were assassinated under Obasanjo's watch than at any time in our history. The abridged roll-call: Chief Bola Ige, a serving minister; Chief Marshall Harry, co-ordinator of the Buhari presidential campaign in 2003; Chief AK Dikibo, PDP chieftain and ally of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar; Chief Uche Ogbonnaya (OGB), an ANPP senatorial candidate in Imo State in 2003; and Mr. Barnabas Igwe and his wife, Amaka, in Onitsha. The assassins were never unmasked. What is insecurity?

How did Obasanjo become our moral compass? How did he become such a highly sought-after role model? Has anybody ever managed to read the affidavit Obasanjo's own son, Gbenga, filed while seeking a divorce from his wife on the ground of Inbreeding and adultery? It doesn't matter? Has anybody ever taken time to read the letter Iyabo wrote to her father, giving graphic details of his megalomania and duplicity? It doesn't matter? Has anybody ever done a recap of the blatant rigging of elections under the "saint"? It doesn't matter?

Obasanjo pontificates on impunity and we hail him. What happened to us? Dr. Chris Ngige, as governor of Anambra State, was abducted by Obasanjo's associates. Have we forgotten the illegal impeachment of Alhaji Rashidi Ladoja as governor of Oyo State? What about the impeachment of Chief Joshua Dariye as governor of Plateau by eight out of 24 lawmakers? For three years, Obasanjo unconstitutionally withheld Lagos council allocations because of political differences. It took Yar'Adua only a few days in power to undo the impunity.

They say, "Oh, Obasanjo is a patriot. He has the best interest of Nigeria at heart." Really? Can Obasanjo look up to heavens and say, solemnly, that he had the best interest of Nigeria at heart when he was picking his successor? Such a character cannot be my own moral compass. With a moral compass like Obasanjo, though, Nigeria is doomed and damned.

Obasanjo is a tyrant with zero integrity

Not to talk of countless systematic murders
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by uniqueman(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
sarrki:
Nah disgrace you go see next month

Old fool
Will you shut up there, you idiotic and zomiotic buharitic zombie! You should be ashamed of yourself!
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
NessaBoo:
This is serious, i just don't know why Obasanjo is trying so hard to cement his name on the wrong side of history.

He clearly feels ignored by the current administration, but since he feels he has lost his relevance, does that mean he should lose his dignity too!

don't worry dear grin, we only asked baba to distract nigerians from making atiku trip as saraki aide & error of omission @ the debate a topic for discussion in the new week ... Obj wil be all over the papers tomorrow ,analyst across media houses will focus more on baba 16page .. that saves atiku from been roasted ..
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by Joyrise: 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed that he has received several death threats over his stance against the current government.

In a statement titled, "Points for Concern and Action", issued on Sunday, the former leader said;

"God of Nigeria is a living God and a prayer-answering God. Nigerians must cry out to God to deliver Nigeria. Here again, I have been threatened with arrest and extermination but I will not succumb to intimidation or threats. Maybe I should remind those who are using probe as a threat that I have been probed four times by EFCC, ICPC, House of Representatives and the Senate and Buhari has access to reports of these probes. But I have also challenged Buhari and the criminals around him to set up a probe on the same allegations and I will face such probe in public.

But I know that these criminals cannot withstand a Police inquiry let alone clinical probe on the past public offices they held. My fervent prayer is that President Buhari may live to see the will and purpose of God for Nigeria. My final appeal to him is to desist from evil with manipulation and desperation because evil has repercussion especially as man who should watch and be mindful of his self-acclaimed and packaged integrity. At the end of the day, those who goad you on will leave you in the lurch. You will be left alone, Unclad and unheralded. In defeat, which must be Buhari’s fear leading to desperation, he and his co-travellers can still maintain modicum of decency, and exhibit fear of God in their actions."

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-received-death-threats-obasanjo-reveals-full-details/

Baba is old enough to rest from this type of dirty job given to him nah. Who wud threaten someone like you that naturally age is telling on you. Pls relax and enjoy ur rest with ur family.
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by Elliot2(m): 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
jubrin is finally retiring some old crooks. I am so happy for DAT;even if dat is d only thing he achieves,it is okay.
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by emerged01(m): 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
Coming from the same man that said GEJ was training 1000 snipers.

This is the kind of elders sowore said they don't deserve respect. This man abandoned ota people,even abandoned express road leading to his farmer. What has Yoruba benefitted from this man?

1 Like

Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by Thojan(m): 8:43pm On Jan 20, 2019
You and the other 100 people who like this post are probably the reason why we will not grow in this nation. I am particularly sad about the future of my children with people like you guys supporting someone we all both know is not intellectually capable of taking us forward. Why are you all doing this?, why can't we all just say the truth and let's think about the growth of this country.
P/S: I am not supporting Atiku hut no more Buhari again.
netpro:

Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by tempest69: 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
netpro:

even if you go look face no be Obasanjo face wey dey like dry shit

1 Like

Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by mozona(m): 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
death threat ke? u cannot be killed except God allow them. dat means ur tym don reach be dat
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by livelymatilda22: 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
SaiAtikuTill203:
[s] we are supporting Atiku due to the following reasons; because he's better than Buhari in terms of academic qualifications, he's not tribalistic, he's not as heartless as Buhari, Atiku is more educated, handsome, and vibrant. Iam just ashamed of Buhari as a president, Buhari possesses zero quality of being a president. Buhari has no sympathy in him, he has no conscience as a human. If only my choice of candidate could win the election then I would've voted for my choice of candidate in Donald Duke, but for my vote not to split and favour that mistake could Buhari, I will rather give my mandate to Atiku, so that lifeless illiterate can be ejected out of office. How can an illiterate be a president? That's very strange and irritating. Like for example, in a university, before you become a vice-chancellor, you must have attained the height of professorship. So tell me, why will an uneducated man be a president of a country? who and what is he leading? because, as for me, Atiku is much more better than Buhari in every aspect. As for the corruption allegation, we all know that all Nigerian politicians are corrupt, just that some are more corrupt than the others. I hate tribalism and wickedness, which is what Buhari fully possess! To be sincere, Buhari is just a total disgrace, let's tell ourselves the truth. A president whose vice is 100% better than him. Mind you, Iam not playing politics, Iam just preaching the truth. Believe it or not, people pretending to like Buhari knows that [/s]
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by Annie939(f): 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
God bless Nigeria
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by SaiAtikuTill203: 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
[quote author=livelymatilda22 post=74954063][/quote]BUHARI IS A DISASTER 1.He made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world*
2.He brought recession
3.While Obasanjo removed Nigeria from debt, he plunged Nigeria back into debt
4.The Nigerian president who on national TV said he would not obey court orders
5.The most tribalistic Nigerian president ever*
6.He uses state apparatus to protect his friends while punishing and prosecuting his enemies
7.He pretends to be poor while his family lives in luxury*
8.He spent almost his entire tenure blaming past governments except himself
9.He has no knowledge of economics*
10.He admitted he has no knowledge of how to make money*
11.Over eleven million Jobs lost under his watch*
12.Herdsmen killing rose under his watch
13.He could not start and complete even a single project throughout his tenure
14.He told lies about his educational qualification*
15.He said he was only going to run for a single tenure
16.His party introduced vote buying into Nigerian political lexicon
17.He used police to threaten voters and intimidate them to secure electoral victories.
18.He rules with an "I don't care' attitude*
19.He only grants interview to foreign journalists.
20.He insults and de-markets the country when he travels abroad*
21.He built no single hospital
22.He enjoys foreign health facilities while his people die in dilapidated hospitals
23.He failed to disclose his ailment as it's done in transparent governments all over the world.
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by Reptyle(m): 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
OBJ ruled Naija for 8 years and even attempted to subvert the constitution to go himself a third term in office.

OBJ's tenure was characterised by the intimidation of both members of his party and the opposition alike. He rendered his own VP useless and got him blacklisted across the world.

OBJ used the army to obliterate 2 communities from the map till this day and national elections in his government were one of the most rigged anywhere in the world.

This same bloody hypocrite called OBJ now has the guts to stand on his shaky moral platform and pontificate about who is efficient, who is using the military anyhow and who is planning to rig elections?

OBJ is suffering from what is called a god-complex and I pray he gets his comeuppance soon.
Re: I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo by bizzibodi(m): 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
Obj sharrap!It is d blood of d innocents u spilled in odi & zaki-biam that threatening yur life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir Of Kano / Ekweremadu Sells 2 US Properties Below Market Value To Stop Gov't Seizure - SR / Emefiele Smiles As Buhari Congratulates Him As "CBN Governor" - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.