Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Goals To Pursue Before 30 - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Goals To Pursue Before 30 (24541 Views)

Should I Quit My Job To Pursue More Education ? / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / 10 Things Every Young Man Should Strive To Achieve Before 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Ugosample(m): 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
generic stuff
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by sparko1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2019
IYANGBALI:
at age 79?abeg forget it, it's already over for you unless you want to rape a day old baby

What! you didn't have to be this mean!
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by IYANGBALI: 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
sparko1:

What! you didn't have to be this mean!
get out, person no fit play with you again abi Buhari dey your pocket ni? tongue tongue
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Brazzaville(m): 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
ProsidentBuhari:
cool

Nice write up Sir. But to achieve these goals faster, I'll advice the youths to join APC and I can assure them a triple fold of these goals.

Before I joined APC, I didn't even have money to buy election form but today, I bought a bank and my wife also can boast of untraceable billions in her account, while Yusuf also uses a #50million bike. Is APC not wonderful?

~ProsidentBuhari

I don't understand
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Elijah4332: 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2019
WORD......
adegeye38:

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by LZAA: 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I've got a 6 figure saving and I'm not 30 yet. Investing in mini importation to make ends meet.

Financial independence is Bae
Taaaa mechonu dia
Six figure ko stick figure ni grin

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by nwadiuko1(m): 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I've got a 6 figure saving and I'm not 30 yet. Investing in mini importation to make ends meet.

nwanyi awkaetiti be anyi biko bunye zie num uche
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by KingsArome(m): 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
Brother can you please tell me how this mini importation works. Am looking of something to invest on.

NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
Opinionated:
Being in your early to mid-twenties must have been an interesting and thrilling time of your life. You were finally free to set your own rules, you were finally getting settled into your career of your choosing, and of course you are now independent. However, the big part of being independent is that, you have to support yourself financially and usually alone.

Now you are about turning 30 and you should know that there are certain financial decisions you should make now in order to have a financially stress-free future.

Check out 5 of the decisions you need to start making before turning 30

Stop Impulse Spending
You must have done a lot of this in your early 20s when you had to buy anything almost everything that made you feel good without thinking about the financial implications. Well, all that would have to reduce to the minimum level as you approach your 30.

Before you buy yourself something, ask yourself; Do I need this? Why do I need it? How will I be paying for it? Would it affect my savings? What would be the financial implications when I buy this? The rule is, if you would be paying with your savings, then you should put it down. But if you would be paying from your daily spending budget and it would not affect you too much, still stay away and come back if you still need it.

Set Career Based Financial Goals
At this point, you are certain of the career path you would like to pursue and you have plans to advance your career and increase your worth financially. Write out your plans highlighting the steps you would have to take to achieve them. Take a step further and set a time limit to achieve them. This way, you are motivated to get started with your plans, and you can constantly check if you are sticking to the plan.

Start saving for a home
‘Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment’ – The Richest man in Babylon.

Paying rent is fine when you don’t have so much to spend on, like school fees, etc. In your twenties, you might think it is too early to start saving for a home. But the truth is, the higher you grow and earn the more comfortable you would want to live and that is quite expensive. Again, if you do not have responsibilities yet, it might not be so important, but note that it is essential. You don’t have to wait till you are exactly 30 or over 30 before you begin to plan ahead. Saving up for a home takes a long time, and the sooner you start, the sooner you will be able to get on the property ladder and that should if that is something you are interested in doing.

Start an emergency savings
At this point of your life when you begin to own expensive things like a car that could develop a fault and might cost a lot to repair, you need to start planning for the unexpected. At the end of each year, aim to have an emergency savings that equal 6 months of your living expenses. It may seem like a large amount of money, but through monthly saving you will eventually have enough savings to cover half a year of living expenses. The future is uncertain, and your life will feel less stressful if you know you have a safety net for worse case scenarios.

Try to also put your savings in a high yield account to benefit you financially as you save.

Invest Wisely
As complicated as investment may seem, investing is one of the easiest things to do now because financial institutions have been able to make it simple and most importantly very accessible such that you can start and track your investment at the comfort of your home. Investing is a useful way to increase your savings, and if you would be investing, seek guidance from trained professionals and trusted financial institutions for the best investment option that is designed to suit your investment needs.

Whether you are 30 already or almost 30, it’s never too late or too early to start making smart financial decisions.

Source: Goals to Pursue Before 30

Wow...agree with everything but number one. It's a big NO! As I grew older I get more money...when I was younger I couldn't spend as I wished but not anymore because I got more now. The more I get the more I spend. Can't move from better to worse

1 Like

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
KingsArome:
Brother can you please tell me how this mini importation works. Am looking of something to invest on.

Just go to Aliexpress or Alibaba and buy items to sell here. U can use Facebook ad campaigns to reach ur customers. U can even design Facebook ads to sell cars. U just gotta think outside the box

2 Likes

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
LZAA:

Taaaa mechonu dia
Six figure ko stick figure ni grin
6 figures could be 100,000 naira... Abi no be six figures be that?

1 Like

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by LZAA: 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
6 figures could be 100,000 naira... Abi no be six figures be that?
Ok oh grin
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by mccben4(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

can you please help me with guidance on mini importation
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2019
Wow very nice.

NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Grupo(m): 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Six-figure in naira or dollars? If naira, then you have saved nothing. Double your hustle
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 21, 2019
Hmm interesting.

NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Just go to Aliexpress or Alibaba and buy items to sell here. U can use Facebook ad campaigns to reach ur customers. U can even design Facebook ads to sell cars. U just gotta think outside the box
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Chepy: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
Anything is possible if you believe and pray smiley
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Johilo(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

bros pls show me de way na.... I'm really interestd in dis importation buizness but don't knw hw to get startd!
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

undecided
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by adekhingz(m): 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Story for the gods......

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2019
Grupo:

Six-figure in naira or dollars? If naira, then you have saved nothing. Double your hustle
Atleast e better pass your girlfriend with zero savings asking u for airtime and data money every week... Psssa undecided
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
adekhingz:

Story for the gods......
Enemy of progress. Like ur gf can afford to borrow u 5k tongue
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by metroid(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
You can only achieve all these if you are a home, work and church routine kinda under 30 grin

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
OfficialDad:
undecided
What is it? Don't b a sour puss
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Glink2018(m): 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Just ensure you maintain the process and progress of making the money.... because there are a lot of olosho that may be around the corner to derail....

God forbid
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
Glink2018:

Just ensure you maintain the process and progress of making the money.... because there are a lot of olosho that may be around the corner to derail....

God forbid
Obvious Nigerians don't pay attention to little details. You saw F there and u think I'm a dude? Abi for una mind na only guys sabi do mini importation ni undecided
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Grupo(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Atleast e better pass your girlfriend with zero savings asking u for airtime and data money every week... Psssa undecided

Wow. So, it was actually your different boyfriends and sugar daddies that gave you the money. I should have thought about that.
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Chepy: 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
E get Nigerian girl wey no dey ask?
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Chepy: 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2019
Grupo:

Wow. So, it was actually your different boyfriends and sugar daddies that gave you the money. I should have thought about that.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss. / Which Hand-work Should I Learn? / My Boss May Be Hiding Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.