Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash (22467 Views)

Tears As Presidency Sealed Saraki’s Fate In 15 Minutes - Eyewitness' Report / Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by houvest: 11:00am On Aug 19, 2010
Pray the picture of the roasted bodies was taken at what event? a real event or a nollywood photo-shopped scene? any ideas?
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Orikinla(m): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2010
I do not even know why illiterate drivers should be on the road.
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Pukkah: 6:15pm On Aug 19, 2010
I think it's in bad taste and totally misleading to insert the picture of burnt humans that is not related to the accident, without prior warning as to its disturbing nature, into this thread.
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by jerryben12: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2010
, and what did the government and leaders say? Another lesson!
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by misterh(m): 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2010
RIP cry cry cry This is serious. What do you think govt can do to avoid this kind of situation in future?
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by andyanders: 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
IF YOU SEE A NIGERIAN POLICEMAN DIE, DONT PITY HIM? TAKE A LOOK AT THOSE PICTURES. THE GHOST OF DEAD ONES WILL GO AFTER THEM AND THEIR RESPECTIVE FAMILIES. THE GHOST OF THE DEAD MUST COME AFTER THE POLICEMEN AT THAT CHECK POINT THAT FATEFUL SUNDAY IN JESUS NAME, AMEN
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Busybody2(f): 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2010
snthesis:

@ ziddy
am glad u finally took time to get my point of view.
firstly am not trying to defend the police- but u can only get a true solution to a problem if u actually know what the problem is.
the lessons learnt from this gruesome accident are:

1. vehicles plying our roads need to undergo regular checks and shud have an updated document showing that such a check has been performed and when the next check is due.

2. our drivers must be certified  to operate the class of vehicles they use, we shud stop all these illegal driver's license racketeering- i know cos i have a friend that has a driver's license and she didnt even go to driving school.

3. The police should properly be trained on where and when to cite a check point, yeah i know u might argue about this point but the truth is the need for check points arose due to the spate of robberies, smuggling, civil unrest e.t.c countless vehicles have been recovered, illegal drugs/weapons stash discovered as a result of this checkpoints in the past.

As with most good tins d check point was for the safety and protection of the citizens but corruption has turned it upside down and  has become a source of revenue for the underpaid and unsung policemen.
i lost a friend once, the reason he died was because he entered a public vehicle that didnt bother buying good tires, and the side door doesnt work- "a regular danfo bus" and the mad bus driver was on top speed, the tire burst, the driver lost control,  and my friend got tossed out of the bus and was crushed, could the accident have been prevented yes, but still yet a number of road unworthy vehicles ply our roads, and yet we entrust our lives to these uneducated people, its a shame.

@oluite
i already mentioned the effect of the location of the checkpoint- the police where absolutely wrong in that aspect. and the magnitude of the accident is solely on the police, but the accident itself was caused by the faulty brakes on the truck. wud the accident have occured without the check point- the answer is yes.

Ziddy does not subscribe to your point of view, you are on your own, Mr Johnny-no-mates cheesy In response to your pointless points grin

1) Accidents including those caused by brake failure is not limited to Nigeria only, and not everyone MOT's (sic) their cars in the UK where you live. Asides this, there are dodgy MOT centres in the UK too who will certify your unfit car if you bribe them lipsrsealed

2) Again how many people have driving licences in the UK, especially with the influx of the Eastern European population? How many people drive whilst disqualified? How many people drive with their international licence with no view of changing it? How many "producer" do the Police issue yearly? Again licence dodgers is not limited to Nigerians.

3) The checkpoint on the expressway was illegal, it was prolly two police vans used to block one or two lanes, with them on foot randomly stopping cars they take fancy too. I have seen this before, one Police Officer would pass a car to go, the same time another Officer would jump in front of the same car forcing it to screech to a stop shocked

You live in the UK right? Imagine travelling to work on the M25 and returning to find an impromptu "Police Check point" slap bang in the middle of the road shocked And no one is saying the accident was preventable, but that the loss of lives could have been minimised if the Police hadn't lined cars up against the crash barriers. Also like i mentioned earlier, anyone including you with your futuristic 2013 roadworthy car you bought off topgear could have been caught in that tailback tongue
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Horus(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
Human Rights Watch's research revealed that people refusing to pay bribes are routinely subjected to arbitrary arrest, unlawful detention, and threats until they or their family members negotiate payment for their release. Extortion-related confrontations between the police and motorists often escalate into more serious abuses. The evidence suggests that police officers have on numerous occasions severely beaten, sexually assaulted, or shot to death ordinary citizens who failed to pay the bribes demanded.
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Blazing99: 9:15am On Aug 21, 2010
Bottomline is that the nigerian situation keeps everyone at a very high death risk.
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Andikan007: 12:39am On Aug 22, 2010
It's only the eternal God that will deliver our dear country from the hands of evil men.
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Poj1(m): 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2010
Am still disturbed at the sight of that picture,whether it is from the accident in question is not my concern,but the fact that these chared bodies are probably fathers,mothers,husbands,wifes and even children,and I believe whatever must have been responsible for the incident could have been possibly averted in a well governed society. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by blackcypha(m): 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2010
wat
the police men responsible must be jailed
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Pethan: 10:50am On Aug 23, 2010
oh lord guard our going out and coming in, dont let us fall victim in the name of Jesus AMEN cry cry cry cry
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by fubiluv: 11:44am On Aug 23, 2010
INTO YOUR HAND I COMMIT MY SELF AND FAMILY.
LET YOUR WILL BE DONE IN OUR LIVES.AMEN.
MAY THERE SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by friendl: 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2010
amen
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 24, 2010
The families of the lost ones need to unite and sue Mba and his cronies. 40 lives lost at a checkpoint? Unacceptable. Police spokesman lying about the accident and death toll? Abomination.

My heart goes out to all effected.
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by zeezcounit: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2010
the incidence is baffling it is only God that will save Nigerians from the problem pose ny the police day in day out. One could even say, are we in a country at all. Please lets ask ourselves.
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Pukkah: 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2011
You guys won't believe that the policemen have returned to that same checkpoint that caused the carnage! shocked shocked
Re: Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash by Litmus: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2011
RIP

PS

The picture below posted by kaffy4tope happened in the Congo

www.nairaland.com/attachments/308174_dead_people_jpge4d6d805d0fdf32d01c009219267dc2c

See link:

http://injustices.in/fuel-tanker-overturned-and-exploded/

I apologize for re-posting the one above and the one below but i feel strongly about these demonetization attempts by foreigners on this board. We have enough tragedies of our own without the added lies   :

[img]http://injustices.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/20111030-131801.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.fleetwatch.co.za/marketwatch072010/mw-07-400%20dead.htm]
http://www.fleetwatch.co.za/marketwatch072010/mw-07-400%20dead.htm[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suntai Sends Letter To House Of Assembly Asking To Resume As Governor / Reno Omokri And Doyin Okupe Come After Bola Tinubu On Twitter(Pics) / Highlight Of Peter Obi's Address To Nigerians In Frankfurt, Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.