Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m (9178 Views)

Naira Swap: Atiku Demands ‘slight’ Extension, Says Nigerians Discomforted / Atiku Demands Apology And N500m From Lauretta Onochie For Defamation / Atiku Vs Buhari Campaign Phones: Which Would You Accept? (photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by Ebullience(m): 9:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
A group, the Buhari Campaign Organisation (BCO) has sued the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, accusing him of defaming President Muhammadu Buhari and his family.

In the suit filed before the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), the plaintiff wants the court to order Atiku and his party to pay N40million damages for alleged libelous claims that Buhari and members of his family own substantial shares in 9mobile and Keystone Bank.

The president’s support group had two weeks ago threatened to sue Atiku and the PDP if within seven days they fail to provide proof of the said allegations against the first family

Atiku had, in a statement issued in Abuja last week by his Special Assistant on Public Communication, Phrank Shaibu, claimed the first family now plays big in the nation’s financial sector after acquiring mouthwatering shares in Keystone Bank with total assets of $1.916 billion (equivalent to N307.5 billion) as well as purchasing about ₦3 billion worth of shares in the new Pakistani Islamic Bank.

In the suit, the plaintiff, the plaintiff also seeks declaration that “the 1st defendant (Phrank Shaibu) on behalf and for the 2nd defendant (Atiku) neglectfully, unlawfully and recklessly permitted and caused to be published in newspapers defamatory and damaging statements against the 1 st Plaintiff (President Buhari)”.

In its witness statement on oath made by its Director of Communication and Strategic Planning, Mallam Gidado Ibrahim, the plaintiff stated that Atiku and his media aide allegedly engaged in smear campaign of calumny against by willfully allowing and sponsoring the said purported defamatory and image-damaging statements made by the 1 st Defendant to be published by some newspapers to members of the public.

It said President Buhari’s reputations was greatly affected by undue diligence with regards to the authenticity of the information as it relate to the true ownership of the alleged companies which the 1 st Defendant on behalf and for defendant falsely published in the newspapers for the consumption of the general public.

It further stated that: “The 2nd Defendant permitted and sponsored the 1 st Defendant, Mr. Phrank Shaibu to make and publish defamatory and damaging statement against the 1st plaintiff in order for 2nd defendant to get undue advantage in terms of votes from the member of the public more than the 1 st Plaintiff (Buhari), the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“The 2nd defendant, who is a Presidential Candidate of the People Democratic Party, hanged on this publications and using same on every campaign grounds to smear the person of the 1 st Plaintiff to his supporters and other members of the public.

“The 1st defendant as an agent to the 2nd Defendant who is freely accessible to members of the public for patronage on behalf the 2nd defendant, has the duty to investigate any information/ documents means to be issued out either by words of mouth or publication to the members of public, most particularly where such information concerned a third a party or any member of the public.

“The 1st defendant without investigating the authenticity of the purported defamatory information with intent to damage the reputation and integrity of the 1st Plaintiff caused to be published in the Newspapers.

‘’That the plaintiffs shall tendered two daily newspapers the Vanguard and Punch Newspapers both dated 27th December,2018 before the court during the hearing

The plaintiff further prayed the court to order “specific damages against the defendants N30million 000,000.00) as compensation for the financial loss the plaintiffs incurred due to the wrongful, neglectful and fraudulent acts of the defendants which forced the plaintiffs to spend to correct the wrong impression created in the minds of the members of the public due to the publication caused and published by the Defendants.

The plaintiffs also sought for general damages of N10m jointly and severally against the defendants for the embarrassment, pain and unnecessary financial loss suffered by the plaintiffs most particularly the 1st plaintiff who is a public figure, an honourable presidential candidate and reputable gentleman to the core”.

BCO further prayed for an order of the court “for the payment of N375,000,000 only being incidental expenses and/or legal charges which the 1st plaintiff incurred in respect of this matter”.

http://thenationonlineng.net/keystone-bank-buhari-campaign-group-sues-atiku-demands-n40m/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by viceddy95(m): 9:55pm On Jan 22, 2019
The people accused has not sued the accuser,,,but one yeye group is suing them .......when will some of this youths in Nigeria have sense allowing politicians use there head like they are playing ludo game....

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by handie(m): 9:55pm On Jan 22, 2019
Awon notice me...... These ones just want to trend

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
Good
Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by 08064978510(m): 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
Buhari
Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by magoo10(m): 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
40million ko
40 kobo ni

Hunger is bad
Atiku no be mmm

8 Likes

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by TIGRITIS: 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2019
[s]
viceddy95:
The people accused has not sued the accuser,,,but one yeye group is suing them .......when will some of this youths in Nigeria have sense allowing politicians use there head like they are playing ludo game....
[/s]
If your logic is anything to go by, you should as well allow the accuser who is being sued to respond instead of running to nairaland to start typing yeye comment.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by pawesome(m): 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
grin

Lawyers are having a sweet time making money but lass lass Buhari is a bastaaaarrrrd

4 Likes

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by FunctionX(m): 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
handie:
h
I no go lie, your signature dey give me excess joy.

2 Likes

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by NOC1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
viceddy95:

Do you understand politics at all?
Do you think Buhari as an individual is bigger than his campaign group, if you follow international politics you will understand that supporters stake and donations is what make a candidate. When your supporters pull out in international politics you will know what good character mean.
That's why supporters take it upon themselves to investigate and scrutinize thier candidates, if you try to lie or blackmail them you will face such legal battles

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by ire803386: 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
voguepayonline:
This January has never been this great. It's my second payout now and still counting am so happy.

Apex is changing lives already. Get double ROI in just a week or even less.

This is the best investment platform so far in Nigeria. Check below
una no dey tire?

3 Likes

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by Realbank10(m): 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
RIP to the gullible Nigeria youth. If you allow politicians to you for the forthcoming elections. Your life or you hopeless dream.

3 Likes

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by mcnuel001(m): 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
Wetin be Una own?person wey drink milk no craze na person wey pick the pangolo dey mad
Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by handie(m): 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
FunctionX:

I no go lie, your signature dey give me excess joy.
Bless you bro..... Spread the message of love
Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by viceddy95(m): 10:23pm On Jan 22, 2019
NOC1:

Do you understand politics at all?
Do you think Buhari as an individual is bigger than his campaign group, if you follow international politics you will understand that supporters stake and donations is what make a candidate. When your supporters pull out in international politics you will know what made image mean.
That's why supporters take it upon themselves to investigate and scrutinize thier candidates, if you try to lie or blackmail them you will face such legal battles
All these groups na hungry man group....

8 Likes

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by omoiyalayi(m): 10:26pm On Jan 22, 2019
Haba

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by Enuose242(m): 10:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
viceddy95:

Still the same cabal suing Atiku they just used the name buhari campaign organization same thing they did to CJN claiming one person petitioned the FG knowing too well that no one can have access to the CJN’s ASSET DECLARATION FORM except he gives the permission for it to be made public ... I just pray and hope God saves and rescues us from this regine

7 Likes

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by goaldynboy: 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2019
*Nigerians reactions to President Buhari's debate on NTA*

Had no strength to watch Buhari/Asibanjo & Kadaria charade,last night. After a few commmets from the owner of 150 cows,i killed my generator & buried myself in my bed. Couldnt waste my fuel watching morons,liars & nincompoops.
*John Dandafu*

APC said 1 Chance but Nigerians heard Change. The president clearly has hearing problem or he lacks comprehension.
*Akinkunmi Adewale*

Worst President in Africa how do we get here God??.
Talking off point.
Answering question off point.
I'm down, can't continue watching this shi...
*Ibraheem Idris*

President Muhammadu Buhari is the most empty and incoherent President our country has ever produced. May we never go lower.
*Alhaji mustapha Abubakar*

It’s obvious why PMB lacks the courage to debate. Apart from lacking substance, not just does he find communicating to the people who entrusted him with their lives a herculean task, but he is so arrogant to the extent he thinks he’s doing Nigerians a favour being their president
*Omolola Jayeola*

That was such a total disappointment,Buhari is a grade A embarrassment. Thank God I don’t have a voters card.
*Ajoke Daramola*

They tried to hide Buhari from all these interviews because they have no confidence in his intellectual capacity. But Nemesis shaa�.
*Adebayo Adebiyi*

Will you accept the results of the election if you lose it?

Buhari - I think that is impossible.
Dear God, Over to you.
For anyone crying about the above post, go to 1:55:44, your Baba said it, I didn't put the words in his mouth.
https:///IY7F3tWNu9
*Ayo Fabiyi*

Damn this is the first time I'm listening to buhari speak and I've never felt dumber
*Yakima Abdulmahmud*

Moreover, I feel ashamed to say I heard Him talked though but couldn't pick what he said. Can't say what language he's communicating with.
*Ganiyu Akinlade*

I swear. I can barely make out both his accent plus the sense in what he's saying �
*Uche Emordi*

I suspect that someone has injected Buhari with something. Some kind of desease causing dementia or similar. His brain is not working properly and it has gotten very worse
*Nuhu Wakili*

Naive Buhari actually saying he trusts the state assembly to do the right thing.. Also indirectly saying he expected the governor to trust someone with the money.. overwhelmed that he’s collecting it himself while smiling ..
*Ahmed Rufai*

Buhari does not know the kind of technology used to capture Ganduje. WoW!
*Nicolas James*

Buhari said he wondered why Ganduje did not send someone to collect the money on his behalf. Chineke nna!
*Henry Ibe*

Buhari is on National TV defending a governor who was caught on video taking cash bribes. Sad.

A smarter response wld have been: taking a bribe is wrong in every instance regardless of who and what context. If allegations against Ganduje are proven, he shd be punished accordingly.
*Amaka Anku*

A bit worrying that any time they ask President Buhari if he will concede to defeat if Atiku beats him at the polls, he will start telling you History of how he contested several times and was in court for several months at both levels of Judiciary. Is he insinuating something?
*Lawali Anka*

Did anyone watch Buhari on NTA?

Sincerely, its now a National emergency to ensure this man is sent back to Daura next month..

No aura, no flair,no brilliance,dull, unexciting..

This is sad.
*Mustapha Sadia*

Buhari later responded , “As I told you, I have seen the clip . I don ’t know how much technology was used but can Ganduje fail to trust someone to take it to him ? Does he have to take it himself I honestly am overwhelmed. The system has given me some relief; it is in court.
*Alabi Ayinde Alaafin*

How can a President who does not know when he was sworn into office know how to solve Nigeria’s challenges? If he is not sure when he got power, how will he be sure of what to do with power? Buhari was sworn in May 29, 2015, yet he claims he was sworn in May 19th.
*Reno Omokri*

Very honestly and without sounding sarcastic, I strongly believe Buhari is suffering from Age sickness(Memory Loss, Instability) and Nigerians are not been told the truth of his state of health.
*Adelakun Bolanle*

The only thing he knows is the number of his gay Cattle! If Prof. Osinbajo decides to resign today, y'all will see the reason why they chose someone that smart to be Buhari's vice. Donald Trump wasn't wrong afterall...
*Seun Adenekan*

This is the day that even a primary pupils knew it but President Buhari don't know the exact day he was swore in to office. If this man don't know this how will he address the needs of Nigerians? Is this man fit enough to lead a country like Nigeria? Nigerians have to wakeup!
*Nura Sabo Anka*

The President has gone through critical health related issues that must have affected his memory yet they refused the man to retire peacefully. Shame to the cabal!
*Henry Odogwu*

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by Built2last: 10:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hmm
Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by Patrioticman007(m): 11:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
viceddy95:
The people accused has not sued the accuser,,,but one yeye gràoup is suing them .......when will some of this youths in Nigeria have sense allowing politicians use there head like they are playing ludo game....
Your mumu don do..........
If peddlers of fake news are not dealt with, tommoro they will publish more lies to innocent Nigerians.
If Atiku ole is innocent of the charges against him let him sue, APC too.
Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by UNCL3(m): 12:00am On Jan 23, 2019
handie:
Bless you bro..... Spread the message of love

I also love your signature
Let love lead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by Yankee101: 2:48am On Jan 23, 2019
His best friend bought it

What other proof do you want?
Re: Keystone Bank: Buhari Campaign Group Sues Atiku, Demands N40m by RZArecta2(m): 4:55am On Jan 23, 2019
This case is dead on arrival, whoever took it to court is brainless just like bayajida. It's only the lawyer who'll benefit from his legal fees which must be paid cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Task FG On Installation Of Landing Facilities At Margaret Ekpo Int Airport / Lagos Trains, Equips 100 Newly Recruited Firefighters / APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.