Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI (28786 Views)

RCCG: Mad Man Disrupts Church Service As Members Scamper For Safety / Christian Student Beaten To Death For Wearing Cross In Egypt / As A Christian Student, What Would You Rather Be Doing During This Long Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Purist(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2010
So the girl is on facebook sef.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=562941387

She looks so young, so naive. Now I'm feeling so sorry for her. She probably didn't know what she was getting herself into.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Purist(m): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2010
ceeque:

God who sent her would never allow anyone kill her, so people should be cautious in handling her case,
to avoid the wrath of God. That is my humble submission.

Madam, were you there when God was sending her?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by pingu2k5(m): 10:03am On Aug 18, 2010
I think the problem is basically Islam and its intolerance. Someone quoted, in the earlier pages, some verses in the Qur'an confirming the intolerance of Islam. If every religion and believe system were to be as intolerant as Islam is, I doubt if there would be any human being surviving on earth.

Muslims and Christians openly condemn idol worshippers, ifa priests etc., even though in this part of the world theirs is the most threatened "religion", yet they do not react by fighting physically back; most of the time, they resort to their gods to do the fighting. I wonder why Islam teaches violence and assault on "unbelievers".

May the God that Seun Bunmi Adegunsoye believes in save her from this trouble she put herself into.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Tudor6(f): 10:28am On Aug 18, 2010
pingu2k5:

I think the problem is basically Islam and its intolerance. Someone quoted, in the earlier pages, some verses in the Qur'an confirming the intolerance of Islam. If every religion and believe system were to be as intolerant as Islam is, I doubt if there would be any human being surviving on earth.

Muslims and Christians openly condemn idol worshippers, ifa priests etc., even though in this part of the world theirs is the most threatened "religion", yet they do not react by fighting physically back; most of the time, they resort to their gods to do the fighting. I wonder why Islam teaches violence and assault on "unbelievers".

May the God that Seun Bunmi Adegunsoye believes in save her from this trouble she put herself into.
Kindly shut up and spare us the hypocritic bullshiit.

In the bible Moses murdered whole cities man, woman and children in the name of yahweh. Gideon, joushua did same shedding human blood for the pleasure of the bloodthirsty Jehovah. Elijah murdered 300 prophets of baal in cold blood their crime; They were ''unbelievers''.

What exactly is your point?
Any barbaric act of violence in the quaran that isnt already in the bible
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by javalove(m): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2010
Typical Nairaland Christians. . . .!!!!!!

Now its a christian involved. . .now she is a lunatic. . . now she needs medical check up. . . .haba!!!!!. . .

If it was the other way round, our eyes will be filled with words like "TERRORIST, ISLAMIST, FUNDAMENTALIST". . .amongst other words. . .

Why cant you just be truthful for once?

And i am amazed at how some of you have turned the table buy sating muslims are intolerant etc. . .There are close to 2 billion muslims on earth that are judged by the actions and the wrong interpretation of a few thousands. . .

A girl woke upm had her bathroom dressed as muslim, entered the mosque, WAITED FOR JUMAT SERVICE TO COMMENCE. . .and she exploded. . .!!!!

If it was a muslim, i turst naija reporters. . they already have ready made headlines for these kinds of incidents. . .CNN, BBC and other foreign liars will be flashing it for like one week. . .RELIGIOUS CRISIS IN NIGERIA. . .lol

Instead of you guys to stay on cause and condemn what she did whole heatedly, you are saying bollocks about us? These shows you the difference in the understanding of the faith between those of us in the south west and those in the north. . .and dont be suprised these might be some of the causes of the crisis that results in lost of lives. . .but I am happy that my brothers have not taken laws into their hands by being violent. . .

Davidylan and his cohorts, you still hold on to your belief of Allah being a "god" . Oga lara e ooo. . .Did you see the four walls of a school at all? God created languages and he has given every language a word of reference to him. Are you saying Arabic does not have a reference word for God? But you will accept CHUKWU, OLODUMARE, UBANGIGI as referrals to the supreme being. . .see, the earlier you stop lying to your soul, the better for you.

Thousands of women and children are being killed in Palestine everyday but CNN prefers to give radiance to bombings in Iraq. . .War on "terror". . .Terror that they invented themselves. . .

Just a few weeks ago, israel attached a gaza bound aid ship abd killed 9 unarmed turkish nationals. . .its not called terrorism. . .

2 yrs ago, over a thousand women and children were killed in gaza by isrelites, its not called terrorism. . .

In dubai, some israeli nationals disguised a d killed someone in a building, despite video evidences and theb faces of the real culprits were seen, nothing happened in the media. . .it wasnt called terrorism. . .

In US last month, a man flew a plane into a government building in protest for some taz issues, it was not called terrorism. . .

So what is terrorism. . .cos i see lots of ignoramus use the word anyhow on this thread. . . .

Anywyaz, we are in the month of ramadan, i enjoin my UI brothers to embrace peace as we muslims are peace loving people. . YES WE ARE. . .you can say whatever you want. . . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by pingu2k5(m): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2010
@Tudor
Mind you, I am not condemning Islam as a whole. I'm not even in the position to do so. I'm only condemning its support of violence, which is barbaric. And you don't have to believe in God or anything to know that killing people who do not agree with your believes is barbaric.

Christianity does not support violence. The new testament has annulled the practices of the old testament. The practice of Christianity under the new testament says: "turn your left cheek if your slapped on the right one". If any Christian does anything contrary to what is taught in the new testament, the Bible won't be used to defend such person.

I'm not in the position to judge that a religion is superior to another; I am just saying Islam is violent.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by laitan25: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2010
While i believe that Seun Adegunsoye was absolutely wrong, i also condemn the actions of the muslim faithfuls who were supposedly on fasting when they took laws into their hands and beat her up mercilessly at the provocation. Since when did the premier university become a jungle?
I believe that all those found guilty of battering her should be sanctioned appropriately. If the case had happened vice versa i.e a muslim preaching in a crusade setting like the Holy Ghost Congress where Pastor Adeboye was ministering no one would have responded with such violence or uncivil behaviour, at worst he / she would have been bundled out and counselled or prayed for alltogether.

If  Islam is indeed a religion of peace how come they violently declared justice; but for the intervention of a sane few, she would not have come out alive. Now they even have the audacity to demand that she be expelled and handed over for justice. I beg to ask, For what? was she armed? Did she kill or shoot anyone? if all she did was intrude into their worship service, i believe that the suspension meted out to her is in order. If the University of Ibadan is a civil society like we all assumed, this should be treated with caution and the highest level of maturity.

Let who is without sin cast the first stone!.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by manny4life(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2010
I still maintain from my previous post; Her actions bear serious consequence. It was premeditated and then carried, had it been a crime like murder, that's death penalty just because of the premeditation. While her actions were unwise as that of a Christian even the holy Bible said be in Mathew 10:16, , Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. She wasn't wise but violence is something else that I personally condemn. Muslims, and not to be a religious activist are "RADICALS" that needs to be tamed. A religion of peace would handle such cases with fear of their GOD in mind and do as their GOD told them in their holy book unless their holy book accepts violence.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Ak4ril(m): 11:30am On Aug 18, 2010
javalove:

[size=8pt][size=8pt]A girl woke up had her bath dressed as muslim, entered the mosque, WAITED FOR JUMAT SERVICE TO COMMENCE. . .and she exploded. . .!!!![/size][/size]

If it was a muslim, i turst naija reporters. . they already have ready made headlines for these kinds of incidents. . .CNN, BBC and other foreign liars will be flashing it for like one week. . .RELIGIOUS CRISIS IN NIGERIA. . .lol

javalove:

[size=8pt][size=8pt]
Thousands of women and children are being killed in Palestine everyday but CNN prefers to give radiance to bombings in Iraq. . .War on "terror". . .Terror that they invented themselves. . .

Just a few weeks ago, israel attached a gaza bound aid ship abd killed 9 unarmed turkish nationals. . .its not called terrorism. . .

2 yrs ago, over a thousand women and children were killed in gaza by isrelites, its not called terrorism. . .

In dubai, some israeli nationals disguised a d killed someone in a building, despite video evidences and theb faces of the real culprits were seen, nothing happened in the media. . .it wasnt called terrorism. . .

In US last month, a man flew a plane into a government building in protest for some taz issues, it was not called terrorism. . .

So what is terrorism. . .cos i see lots of ignoramus use the word anyhow on this thread. . . .
[/size][/size]

Anywyaz, we are in the month of ramadan, i enjoin my UI brothers to embrace peace as we muslims are peace loving people. . YES WE ARE. . .you can say whatever you want. . . .

May Allah help we muslims.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by UyiIredia(m): 11:33am On Aug 18, 2010
grin grin grin wonder why the lady had to act that way >>> anyhow >>> na she sabi  undecided undecided  undecided
undecided undecided undecided the response was stupid as well >>>> anyhow >>> life goes on 4 me  grin grin grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2010
Follow Jesus at any cost.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtHnbQesssY?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 11:45am On Aug 18, 2010
Musty450:

Lets get something straight:

We re not here to point fingers or paint any religion with a brush, every single person who has used the word: bigot, violent, cult, retaliation,  etc on this thread should check his/her self. seems everyone i quoted came here with a lot of old baggage.

Lets see if common sense can prevail: she DID go to the mosque with the intention of disrupting prayers, there is no question about that. My challenge to y'all is: What do you think about that

I m not interested in hearing any bigoted views

Why don't we start by hearing your views?

What is your opinion about the whole event?

Lets hear what you think about the actions of each of the primary parties (and maybe secondary) in the debacle.

The primary parties are the Girl, the Muslim Students and the University Authories.

What would you say about their actions so far? What do you think they have done wrong? And what do you think should be the consequence of their wrong actions.

Please luanch.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Musty450(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2010
Because more people are doing it doesnt make it right einstein, SO because suicide bombings are becoming popular in the islamic world does that make it right?

More people than what? Suicide bombings are not popular in the 'Islamic world'.where do you get these statements from

It is “the height of illiberalism” to define as terrorists over 1.3 billion Muslims who have nothing to do with “religious violence” because of the misdeeds of a fringe minority of 0.005 %. At most, one in every 200,000 Muslims can be accused of terrorism. That is to say there are a maximum of about 65,000 terrorists worldwide—roughly the same figure as the number of murderers on the loose in the U.S. alone, with over 20,000 homicides a year and a population of only 300 million.

Do your research properly Einstein!!!

remove the log from your eye before you remove the peck from someone else's eyes, its spelled hypocrite.

Again, what log are you talking about? Wow, what a breakthrough: you spelled hypocrite!!!  grin

Yes they are vampires. I am not going to generalize the abdulmutallabs, osamas, chechnyan's, indonesian, somali terrorists etc cos that would not be fair and you can come up with examples of christians who do bad things too,

So am gonna make my point straight from your book. You see mecca did not accept muhammed so he came back later and put the people to the sword (original vampire). WHy cant he just preach to convert them? Peace my @$$

Secondly, what is this with apostacy? WHy must you kill an ex muslim who denounces islam? (seeking more blood I presume) so yes it is justified just by going off your book. If i should use what muslims do on a daily basis o boy na finito be dat  

About the generalizations, you already did!!! Did you actually READ 'my' book seems to me like you re doing what everyone does: you hear a verse, write it down and quote it out of context whenever it pleases you. I assure you, if you wanna do comparative religious studies: doing that wont get you very far.

Believe it or not yes islam is responsible, Upon not the KKK, S american the drug lords and other evils that non muslim world did i could travel safely without being harassed at the airport., didnt need visas.Now they have special scanners for me. The world is investing billions x ray machines to detect explosives at airports all because of you guys,  YOu guys single handedly are making travel a nightmare the world over,
To begin with, your being Nigerian too doesn't help your travelling but you re not ranting about that are you? The drugs that people carry nko? lemme ask you this: whats the ratio of drugs to explosives that airline scanners have ACTUALLY caught? But of course, this doesn't occur to you because . . .

to answer your last question, i think she should be warned, possibly suspended. And i think she is damn silly infact a big onye ara (mad pesin) for doing that cos it was uncivilized, On the contrary that does not call for her expulsion nor the closure of christian ministries on campus, nor her to be beaten, nor the paralysis of the campus

Fair enough answer.

I will think about what you ve said about the log in my eye . . .

[center]Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye
judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote in thy
brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of
thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite,
first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see
clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother’s eye. (Matthew 7:1-5 )[/center]
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Roliks09: 11:48am On Aug 18, 2010
So sad. Her actions were bad. The MSS however isnt paralyzing school activities. Things are back to normal now. The demands to ban all DISTURBING preachings and services EXCEPT in DESIGNATED areas is good. Because, perhaps the only place that isnt used as worship centers is the toilet. Even during exams, those fellowships are merciless. They make noise for as long as 2hrs. Nobody should quote the muslim adhan cos that last barely 5 mins. All the same , MSS should thread carefully. No violence needed.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by UyiIredia(m): 11:49am On Aug 18, 2010
@ manny4life >>> get a grip  undecided undecided >>> watz the ish !!! >>> people are as different as the opinions they share  undecided

OLAADEGBU:

i agree with you >>> but >>> let's face it >>> the lady's action wasn't wise
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Roliks09: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2010
So sad. Her actions were bad. The MSS however isnt paralyzing school activities. Things are back to normal now. The demands to ban all DISTURBING preachings and services EXCEPT in DESIGNATED areas is good. Because, perhaps the only place that isnt used as worship centers is the toilet. Even during exams, those fellowships are merciless. They make noise for as long as 2hrs. Nobody should quote the muslim adhan cos that last barely 5 mins. All the same , MSS should thread carefully. No violence needed.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 11:51am On Aug 18, 2010
ceeque:

I don't  see her as a hypocrite, there's no day a hypocrite will risk his/her life for the sake of the gospel.
She went extra miles to get the gospel preached to them, I hail her courage.
God who sent her would never allow anyone kill her, so people should be cautious in handling her case,
to avoid the wrath of God. That is my humble submission.

You suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurely are retarded!!!

You are one sick in the head foooooooooooool.

They need to put you and the girl in a psychaitric home chained to beds and under sedation!

slowpoke!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by fxskye: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2010
@ All Posters,

We should always display high level of maturity with objective mindset on this type of issues. We can state our opinions or advices. But it's wrong of us attacking our opponents just because the act is between Xtians & Muslims.

My view is that the girl in qustion is NOT insane. Saying that she is in insane is a day-light lie. Because, she dressed like a muslim into the mosques, waited for the service to begin before she carried out her intent. 2ndly, after the bad ac, she was said to be remorse as reported by some xtian posters. Definitely, an insane person wouldn't have been remorsed for such action. So, there is no evidence of "INSANE".

As a Brilliant 400L student of Law who has understood (I presupposed) religious cisis in Nigeria, expecting to graduate with upper-division (Said by the VC), her academic exercise should have lead her to the rigth path to deliver her message. But, she had been misguided? Now, is it her law academics that misguided her or the fellowship group she belongs? Then, something is fishing if neither of these had not lead to her act. If her academics has guided her to this act, then she does not what furthering law. Or if it has been from her xtian mentality, then I think the activities of her fellowship should be investigated/checked to prevent future reoccurence.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2010
superstar1:

The Arabs shipped Islam to Africa
The Europeans exported Xtianity to Africa
[b]Let us al embrace our Ifa,ogun, shango, obatal et a[/b]l, and all these religous crisis nonsense will come to an abrupt end:
LOL, just on a lighter mood

E go better for you!

A da fun.  grin grin grin grin

Lets take to the Gods of Sagamu, not Isrealites or the Arabs.  grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by UyiIredia(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2010
@ Sagamite  >>> guy wetin be geniocracy !!!!   cheesy >>> abeg ooo !!! morons get right to vote  grin grin grin we have pleny of them disguised as 'honourables'  wink
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by fxskye: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2010
Roliks09:

Lol!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

@ Sagamite  >>> guy wetin be geniocracy !!!!   cheesy >>> abeg ooo !!! morons get right to vote  grin grin grin we have pleny of them disguised as 'honourables'  wink

No, I no gree!  angry

We must stop them from voting. Only intelligent people that understand the issues and are interested in the critical issues they are voting for should be allowed to vote.  grin

That way, you will not have retarded morons termed as honourables.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by UyiIredia(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ fxskye  >>> go suck cap !!! >>> i love the yabs these posters 'post' >>> it adds to the fun  cool cool
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2010
javalove:

Typical Nairaland Christians. . . .!!!!!!

Now its a christian involved. . .now she is a lunatic. . . now she needs medical check up. . . .haba!!!!!. . .

If it was the other way round, our eyes will be filled with words like "TERRORIST, ISLAMIST, FUNDAMENTALIST". . .amongst other words. . .

Why cant you just be truthful for once?

Cut the bullocks crap rubbish!

What arrant nonsense!

Unobjective souls jumping around screaming others are not objective.

Tell me where in the world a muslim would go to a church and scream "Jesus is fake" and the muslim would be labelled a "terrorist".

Utter stewpid thinking and utterances all to feel victim.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2010
Tudór:

Kindly shut up and spare us the hypocritic bullshiit.

In the bible Moses murdered whole cities man, woman and children in the name of yahweh. Gideon, joushua did same shedding human blood for the pleasure of the bloodthirsty Jehovah. Elijah murdered 300 prophets of baal in cold blood their crime; They were ''unbelievers''.

What exactly is your point?
Any barbaric act of violence in the quaran that isnt already in the bible

Utter clunking rubbish to be comparing what happened in 16400000000000 BC to what is happening in 2010.

You can as well justify Ijebu's waking up tomorrow morning and grouping together and slaughtering everyone in Egbaland by saying the Egba's killed so-and-so amount of people in 1841. It will even make more sense than what you have already said.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2010
laitan25:

If the case had happened vice versa i.e a muslim preaching in a crusade setting like the Holy Ghost Congress where Pastor Adeboye was ministering no one would have responded with such violence or uncivil behaviour, at worst he / she would have been bundled out and counselled or prayed for alltogether.

They would have used a white handkerchief to hit the muslim, he/she would have felt the "HOLY SPIRIT", gone on their knees and converted.

Then Adeboye would tell him/her to empty his/her pockets for donations.  cheesy grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by UyiIredia(m): 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
Sagamite:

No, I no gree!  angry

We must stop them from voting. Only intelligent people that understand the issues and are interested in the critical issues they are voting for should be allowed to vote.  grin

That way, you will not have retarded morons termed as honourables.

i feel ur pain >>> but that's idealistic >>> till 9jas including myself stop being morons & actively partake in political discourse >>> we'll still have morons as honorables, monkeys 4 presidents & stupidity as 'the rule of law' >>> oton !!!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by lee007(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2010
Nornally I would respond to Treads like this because of the emotional nature of what happened.

I strongly condem what the girl did, going to distrupt, the Juma't is very wrong, she should understand the freedom of worship guranteed under the Nigerian Constitution, there are better ways of evangelising that that!

However the response from the Moslem community to this issue is nothing but highly hypocritical, she cannot be tagged a terrorist because she did not attempt or equip herself to harm anyone in anyway.

Comments on the forum as further gone to show how quicly disposed Islam as practise in Nigeria is to Violence and blood letting

I was UNILORIN and I recall how the MSS goes about defacing Jesus and the Bible during thier Jihad week, i can't recall any xtain even looking that way,

Lastly i think People on this tread and going to extremmes by calling others all sorts of names, I Strongly feel Segemite need to be cautioned!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2010
the slaves of allah trying to defend his thirst for blood.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by jokingmary(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ Tudor

Why don't you read the new testament  
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

I understand.

It does cost alot to follow Jesus.

No wonder dem pastors dey live large and ostentatiously. grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2010
Roliks09:

I can understand.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-487060.0.html#msg6471956

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23)

The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian / Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala / Pastor Obinim ‘Delivers’ Small Boy Who Says He Gets Sexual Feelings For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.