Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,338 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI (28840 Views)

RCCG: Mad Man Disrupts Church Service As Members Scamper For Safety / Christian Student Beaten To Death For Wearing Cross In Egypt / As A Christian Student, What Would You Rather Be Doing During This Long Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by muy(m): 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2010
she was wrong in her approach, yes, but it shouldn't b this flogged, the other side could do same! She'll need proper security to survive now!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by bodejohn(m): 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2010
Waoh, it was intresting reading through the past 10 pages.
As usual i have seen Nigerians divided along the lines of religion and tribe.
While some comments were funny, others were very very thought provoking.

A friend of mine once visited Thailand and made a passing comment about a friend of his becoming the next king in the country.
He was quickly tongue lashed by his friend and warned that any other comment like that could land him in jail or even death.

But I ask myself, what is it that we plan to gain with all these religious sentiments.
A lady dressed up like a Muslim going to a mosque during a jumat service in the month of Ramadan?
That to me is the height of insanity, what was she thinking? Trying to convert all of them to Christians?

This is my grouse with all these churches who will not allow their members to mix freely with the society.
They are the only holy ones, they wear Christianity on the faces and everybody must fall down by fire!
They have misguided a soul just like mutalab was misguided even if she wasn't carrying an explosive.

'Bout the reaction of the Muslim faithfuls? I have no comments as i am still shocked with the behaviour of the girl.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2010
bodejohn:

This is my grouse with all these churches who will not allow their members to mix freely with the society.

If any of them worked for me, I WILL SACK them.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Musty450(m): 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2010
God Bless Nairaland!!!  grin

The moment i heard this story, the first thing that popped into my head was 'lemme see how this is analysed on NL' and as usual, apart from the occasional misguided poster (I m not pointing fingers though . . .) i m happy, why? This is the reason:

The general concensus is this: She shouldn't not have tried such a thing, for the purpose of this thread i ll call it Suicide Preaching, my emphasis is on the fact that she actually dressed like a Muslim to sneak into the mosque and waited till jumu'at started to start her operation, this just makes me think; she probably would've been Hurt (or worse) if it were in the North and then the whole world would have a field day with this breaking news about yet another religious crisis in Nigeria, this you will all admit will not help the reputation of Muslims or Nigerians generally.

My opinion is this: She was put up to it. Being educated, she MUST have known this and expected NOT to survive her Foray into the Lions Den, she must have wanted to martyr herself for her belief.

Sounds Like a conspiracy theory I m a Nigerian: This is how i think  cool
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2010
Abeg leave these violent bigots in their mosques oh! Religion of peace and retaliation.Abi na religious studies all of una sign up for? Engineers my arse!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by shanktang(m): 10:48pm On Aug 17, 2010
Whatever religion that preaches death to an unbeliever, and overreacts with every slightest provocation is not a religion, if God be God let Him fight for Himself, its because the allah that u profess to worship does not exist anywhere,or is highly incapacitated thats why u fight for him wth the arms of flesh, she has been beaten mercilessly by your muslim thugs, and i think thats enough lesson  for her, we see muslim provocations against christianity every day and nobody has been beaten, nor killed, neighther has complained about it, but anytime it comes the other way round death and destruction will surely follow. U guys should be civil and pls give us a break.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by shanktang(m): 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2010
bodejohn:

'Bout the reaction of the Muslim faithfuls? I have no comments as i am still shocked with the behaviour of the girl.

Nice observation, but ur conclusion shows, u're nothing but a bloody hypocrith.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Bialegend(m): 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2010
What' all the fuse about this? Why didn't the muslims resort to praying for this student and ask their allah to forgive her for she knows not what she was doing? That is exactly what the Christians would have done at that spot were it to be the other way round.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by igboboy1(m): 11:16pm On Aug 17, 2010
Bialegend:

What' all the fuse about this? Why didn't the muslims resort to praying for this student and ask their allah to forgive her for she knows not what she was doing? That is exactly what the Christians would have done at that spot were it to be the other way round.

acting like u dont know who you talking about

Why didnt Muhammed pray for the meccans instead of putting them to the sword?

Why didnt Osama pray for the infidel america instead of sending suicide bombers?

WHy didnt chechnya terrorist pray to allah to free them from russia instead of bombing students in school, cinema goers etc?

Basically their god cant defend himself and this religinon abi na cult is blood hungry, loves violence since the days of its founder mohammed
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Bialegend(m): 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2010
igbo boy:

Why didnt Osama pray for the infidel america instead of sending suicide bombers?

WHy didnt chechnya terrorist pray to allah to free them from russia instead of bombing students in school, cinema goers etc?

Basically their god cant defend himself and this religinon abi na cult is blood hungry, loves violence since the days of its founder mohammed
My brother, what else shall i teach these mullahs? These are people that will be quick to carry the "peace religion" banner immediately after killing and drinking human blood as their so called religion of peace demands.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by bodejohn(m): 11:34pm On Aug 17, 2010
shanktang:

Nice observation, but your conclusion shows, u're nothing but a bloody hypocrith.

And what makes me a bloody hypocrith?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by CGKing(m): 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2010
Guy, its not even action packed hate message like taliban. Nonsense petty hate gossip message about some folks. I will give u the low downs.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by budwizer(m): 12:08am On Aug 18, 2010
I have always said it, if there was nothing like islam, this world, to a very great extent will be a REALLY REALLY peaceful place grin grin grin

wise thoughts from oba234. you wrapped it up!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by jcross19: 1:28am On Aug 18, 2010
have you ever witness the teaching of imam of a certain mosque to his followers huh please try to and listen to them , they do not have naything to say than to quote the bible snd use the quoran to contradict it , condeming the christians even in their public gathering where much of christians are located why not a war? can a christain do that to them? shame on allah b,cos is dead god . can any one ask a muslim fellow are the receiving lecture in the mosque not preaching becuase there is different between LECTURE AND PREACHING
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 18, 2010
all hail the religion of peace!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by chika98: 1:57am On Aug 18, 2010
She shoulda been smarter than that. It is like throwing a cute girl into a jail house with a buncha men. Now, she knows better
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tpiah: 2:12am On Aug 18, 2010
and overreacts with every slightest provocation

in what way was the girl's action a "slightest provocation"?

i dont know about you, but i'd call it blatant and aggressive provocation.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by occam(m): 2:13am On Aug 18, 2010
Great points. Why is religion such a divisive topic with us? I don't get it
bodejohn:

Waoh, it was intresting reading through the past 10 pages.
As usual i have seen Nigerians divided along the lines of religion and tribe.
While some comments were funny, others were very very thought provoking.

A friend of mine once visited Thailand and made a passing comment about a friend of his becoming the next king in the country.
He was quickly tongue lashed by his friend and warned that any other comment like that could land him in jail or even death.

But I ask myself, what is it that we plan to gain with all these religious sentiments.
A lady dressed up like a Muslim going to a mosque during a jumat service in the month of Ramadan?
That to me is the height of insanity, what was she thinking? Trying to convert all of them to Christians?

They are the only holy ones, they wear Christianity on the faces and everybody must fall down by fire!
They have misguided a soul just like mutalab was misguided even if she wasn't carrying an explosive.

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by joe4christ(m): 3:53am On Aug 18, 2010
ISLAM HMmm! "PREACHING PEACE, BUT PRACTISING THE HIGHEST ORDER OF VOILENCE. THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO BE THIRSTY OF HUMAN BLOOD! I KNEW THOSE PEOPLE TO BE DEMON-WORSHIPERS, I KNOW COS I LIVED MOST OF MY LIFE IN THE NORTH,
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Okijajuju1(m): 3:59am On Aug 18, 2010
^^ And what are you insinuating??
Is Christianity any better? Preaching love yet exibiting the greatest form of wickedness. Rubbish!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Musty450(m): 4:45am On Aug 18, 2010

you do realise that you ve just attacked the personal beliefs of about 1.5Billion people right? i know you think you re smart, sorry to burst your bubble: BUT YOU'RE NOT SMARTER THAN 1.5 Billion PEOPLE could you keep your biased opinions to yourself?

Nice observation, but your conclusion shows, u're nothing but a bloody hypocrith.

This is clearly a case of the misguided pot, think about it: who is the 'hypocrith'?  cool you were in such a hurry to put your unwanted two cents into this thread, you forgot your spelling?

My brother, what else shall i teach  these mullahs? These are people that will be quick to carry the "peace religion" banner immediately after killing and drinking human blood as their so called religion of peace demands.

Sad, really!!! Now Muslims are vampires too? you obviously have a bone to pick with Islam, which in my opinion is  a good thing BUT if you re gonna keep this childish attitude, how are you supposed to understand anything?

I have always said it, if there was nothing like islam, this world, to a very great extent will be a REALLY REALLY peaceful place   
wise thoughts from oba234. you wrapped it up!!!!!!!!!!

This is new!!! Islam is now responsible for the worlds peace Issues No, people like you are; I dare you to SAY this in the open, anywhere . . .

ISLAM HMmm! "PREACHING PEACE, BUT PRACTISING THE HIGHEST ORDER OF VOILENCE. THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO BE THIRSTY OF HUMAN BLOOD! I KNEW THOSE PEOPLE TO BE DEMON-WORSHIPERS, I KNOW COS I LIVED MOST OF MY LIFE IN THE NORTH,

To begin with, watch your spelling. Secondly, accusing Muslims of being Demon-worshippers is beneath you (unless as i suspect, you re really small); your close minded attitude is nauseating; Nairaland should screen its members, tschew

Lets get something straight:

We re not here to point fingers or paint any religion with a brush, every single person who has used the word: bigot, violent, cult, retaliation,  etc on this thread should check his/her self. seems everyone i quoted came here with a lot of old baggage.

Lets see if common sense can prevail: she DID go to the mosque with the intention of disrupting prayers, there is no question about that. My challenge to y'all is: What do you think about that

I m not interested in hearing any bigoted views
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by akbtunes: 4:55am On Aug 18, 2010
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI
« #221 on: Yesterday at 11:31:10 AM »

@everybody,
Africa is backward mainly because of lack of foresight. I am only wandering if what the girl did was never anticipated by those who make laws for the school.

All those within the school premises are bound by the law that operates within the premises. So, the law pertaining to that situation should be applied to it to the letter.

We are not in a position to tell the authorities what to do right now. I hear some people saying she should be expelled and some people saying she should be pardoned since she has apologized.

The law that governs such a situation should automatically be applied. If such a law does not exist, then the school must already have a law that describes what should be done in such a "new" situation.

That is how to run a civilized society.Foresight. That's what it's called. Not biased opinions after the situation has arisen.

well said, VALIDATOR!! cheesy grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by akbtunes: 5:01am On Aug 18, 2010
@all, let us all leave our bias. she has obviously committed a provocative offence. but just measure of sanction does she deserve? leave that to the rules governing the school.

xtians should endeavour to exercise restrain and apply wisdom towards proselytising. muslim should practise the essence of thier religion. lets us all cease this religions fanaticism!! this is an academic environment full of youth and young generation, this is UI for God sake, one of the greatest citadel of learning in Nigeria, or so we are made to believe

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Okijajuju1(m): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2010
Musty450:

Lets see if common sense can prevail: she DID go to the mosque with the intention of disrupting prayers, there is no question about that. My challenge to y'all is: What do you think about that

I m not interested in hearing any bigoted views

I have said it here already, this thread is not a question of Muslim this, Christians that. A wrong has been done by a misguided person who belongs to the christian sect.

I say expel the girl. Period!! And also the authorities should have her arrested and charged with Aggravated Malicious assault with intention to start a riot (or however they can coin it) and jail her to serve as an example to others who may be habouring similar thoughts.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 8:14am On Aug 18, 2010
^^^ if her actions are liable for a jail term

ill think ur stupid comments sometimes should have landed you in kirikiri many times

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by chipeter(f): 8:57am On Aug 18, 2010
I think the lady in question could be a psychiatric patient. Because it is only an insane person that will do so. Maybe she wants to die a saint who knows? Well thank God the crisis was eventually averted if not innocent people would have lost their lives due to her stupidity.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by botaj(m): 9:05am On Aug 18, 2010

Why didnt d people in N/delta leave matter to the God they believe in,if u dont know what to say shhhhhhhhhhh

Are muslims the only one that are provoked? Christianity is always made fun of in the US media. Jewish people are constantly made fun of. Mormons belief is made fun of constantly in the cartoon. There are countless cartoon of Jesus, Noah, etc. The animated show Simpsons have made fun of the bible countless times. The show on cartoon network called Southpark make of Jesus all the time. Do you see christians protesting against it? The one time that the show made fun of the Koran and Mohammed, Muslims threaten the life of the producer and they had to take the show off the air. There is a clear double standard in the media when it comes to religion. In 2005, the show south park had the a statue of the virgin mary defecated on the pope, in 2007, the show displayed Jesus defecated on president bush, etc.  Haba, what's so special about your religion that no one can make fun of it and why are you guys ready to kill as soon as somebody provoke you and yet you carry the banner of peace?

That shows how much ur religion mean to you. This cartoons, are they done by muslims, the answer is no. so why must a non muslim do a cartoon for a muslim if something else is not behind it.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Okijajuju1(m): 9:11am On Aug 18, 2010
tkb417:

^^^ if her actions are liable for a jail term

ill think your silly comments sometimes should have landed you in kirikiri many times

grin grin grin grin grin

If my supposed silly comments were malevolent, then by all means please send me to jail.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by igboboy1(m): 9:11am On Aug 18, 2010
botaj:

Why didnt d people in N/delta leave matter to the God they believe in,if u dont know what to say shhhhhhhhhhh
what an analolgy, Not surprised thats how you guys justified chechnya terrorists killing school children and 9/11 terrorists.
First of all these Niger delta militants freedom fighters make use of charms. they belief in their jass. How many times would you see them reciting the lords prayer before they go for their mission?
On the contrary all terrorists justify their acts with koran and would recite some allahu akbar or what not before they chop someones head (damn)

That shows how much your religion mean to you. This cartoons, are they done by muslims, the answer is no. so why must a non muslim do a cartoon for a muslim if something else is not behind it.
so is that your excuse for condoning violence, dont muslims have access to a pen, crayon and paper? ah ah draw back, if somebody talk about muhammed talk bout (abi una no get mouth?) But you guys would always want to show your true colors and behave like muhammed
[tt][/tt]
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by igboboy1(m): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2010
Musty450:

you do realise that you ve just attacked the personal beliefs of about 1.5Billion people right? i know you think you re smart, sorry to burst your bubble: BUT YOU'RE NOT SMARTER THAN 1.5 Billion PEOPLE could you keep your biased opinions to yourself?

Because more people are doing it doesnt make it right einstein, SO because suicide bombings are becoming popular in the islamic world does that make it right?

This is clearly a case of the misguided pot, think about it: who is the[b] 'hypocrith'?[/b]  cool you were in such a hurry to put your unwanted two cents into this thread, you forgot your spelling?
remove the log from your eye before you remove the peck from someone else's eyes, its spelled hypocrite.

Sad, really!!! Now Muslims are vampires too? you obviously have a bone to pick with Islam, which in my opinion is  a good thing BUT if you re gonna keep this childish attitude, how are you supposed to understand anything?

Yes they are vampires. I am not going to generalize the abdulmutallabs, osamas, chechnyan's, indonesian, somali terrorists etc cos that would not be fair and you can come up with examples of christians who do bad things too,

So am gonna make my point straight from your book. You see mecca did not accept muhammed so he came back later and put the people to the sword (original vampire). WHy cant he just preach to convert them? Peace my @$$

Secondly, what is this with apostacy? WHy must you kill an ex muslim who denounces islam? (seeking more blood I presume) so yes it is justified just by going off your book. If i should use what muslims do on a daily basis o boy na finito be dat cool

This is new!!! Islam is now responsible for the worlds peace Issues No, people like you are; I dare you to SAY this in the open, anywhere
Believe it or not yes islam is responsible, Upon not the KKK, S american the drug lords and other evils that non muslim world did i could travel safely without being harassed at the airport., didnt need visas.Now they have special scanners for me. The world is investing billions x ray machines to detect explosives at airports all because of you guys, YOu guys single handedly are making travel a nightmare the world over,

to answer your last question, i think she should be warned, possibly suspended. And i think she is damn stupid infact a big onye ara (mad pesin) for doing that cos it was uncivilized, On the contrary that does not call for her expulsion nor the closure of christian ministries on campus, nor her to be beaten, nor the paralysis of the campus,
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by ceeque(f): 9:42am On Aug 18, 2010
Methinks the girl was probably suffering from a disorder from over-studying for her exams. She is very lucky her act of madness was carried out in U.I. a peaceful school with students who are not easily provoked to violent act. It would have being a different story, if she had done this in Kaduna or Jos.

Bloody overzealous hypocrite

I don't see her as a hypocrite, there's no day a hypocrite will risk his/her life for the sake of the gospel.
She went extra miles to get the gospel preached to them, I hail her courage.
God who sent her would never allow anyone kill her, so people should be cautious in handling her case,
to avoid the wrath of God. That is my humble submission.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by superstar1(m): 9:43am On Aug 18, 2010
The Arabs shipped Islam to Africa
The Europeans exported Xtianity to Africa
Let us al embrace our Ifa,ogun, shango, obatal et al, and all these religous crisis nonsense will come to an abrupt end:
LOL, just on a lighter mood

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23)

Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) / Why Men Are Shy To Dance In Church Unlike Women? / Chris Oyakhilome: There Are Curses For People Who Criticise Men Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.