Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,437 members, 7,815,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI (28785 Views)

RCCG: Mad Man Disrupts Church Service As Members Scamper For Safety / Christian Student Beaten To Death For Wearing Cross In Egypt / As A Christian Student, What Would You Rather Be Doing During This Long Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by bashydemy(m): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2010
Well what is bad is bad what she did was bad. I am a Muslim and i know if it was Muslim it would topic of all newspaper's Headline saying Muslim terrorist invade a church in U.I, Well there is no need to expel her but suspension maybe for a semester so they can resolve the situation.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by pingu2k5(m): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^
Sorry o, which is not a religion of peace?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by TeskyMan(m): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2010
Fellow Nairalander,

I read about 85% of the comments in here and i found out that everyone is entitle to his or her opinion. I love some comments and at the same time some gets me annoiyed.

@ the lady involved.
I don't support what she did at all. I thank God that UI is not situated at the Northern part of this country.

My opinion.
I want to believe God might use this lady for some kinda reasons best known to him. Maybe there is someone who is yet to hear about the Gospel of our Lord JESUS Christ that is still adamant. Before you rain abuses on me, let see what the Bible say,  In Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  the Bible further says in Mat 24:34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. I am of the opinion that GOD might want to reach out to somebody who is yet to turn to him. This might be the plan of God remember he said in 1Corin 1:25  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. He further said in Verse 27 of the same chapter that,  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.

His ways he said is not our ways, neither our thought His thought. Humm what a misery, As heaven is far to the Earth thats is how our ways and thoughts are far from God. From my little understanding God might be going in the right direction and the whole world might be going the left direction. Haa!! WHAT A MIGHTY GOD HE IS.

I am not here to condemn any religion, I am only confessing what i believe in and it has been working for me. Looking at the whole issue from the spiritual point of view, i think this is HAPPENING so that the end product would be to glorify the name of the Lord. What I am asking the holy spirit to interpret to me is in the book of Romans 9:22  What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: Verse 23 - And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, From here I understand that God allow destruction to happen so that HIS NAME CAN BE GLORIFIED, He also created those people who would be destroy so that his name would be glorified.

Fellow Nairalander, this is MISERY, Our God is a God you can not predict his ways. I see no reason why one should be fight for God. I see no reason why one would Kill all in the name of fighting for God. I believe God is BIGGGG ENOUGH to fight for himself. My Dear Christian Sister Seun, you are WRONG!!! Shikena.  MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON ALL OF US.

Thank you.

My 2 cent.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 12:32pm On Aug 19, 2010
javalove:

Thats what we talking about when the entirety os muslims are judged by the ignorance of a few. . .anywayz, its your choice. . .

Whether you post on NL or not. .Islam is a religion of peace and thousands are discovering that every year!!!!

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

yes sir

by defination ure right, but in reality, is it really a religion of peace?

taking to violence when provoked isnt peace mahn yi
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by bashydemy(m): 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2010
Purist:

I'm honestly not interested in dragging this issue with you, as it has been dealt with extensively on this forum on countless occasions.   Religion of peace, but won't hesitate to retaliate at any provocation.   Yeah, that's the definition of peace.
So cause Islam is religion of peace and it should be allow to be molested without retaliation huh? if its keep re-occurring then we should just fold our arms and keeping getting molested? Well i think there is a freedom of religion so why would they be preaching against other religion to the extent of going into the school mosque on first juma't  in the month of ramadan this is uncall for.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by adeg(m): 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2010
What the lady did was immature and extreme. It is taking religious liberty too far.
However, the muslim students should not lend credence to the notion that they are violent by counter-provocations through any protest or rally.
They should just allow the school authority to investigate and draw its conclusions on dealing with the matter.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by poj(m): 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2010
what an evil act! she actually transcends her boundary. lucky she sa, it was not in the norther universities. i m sure she must ve been a gonner. credit to the muslim students in ui, they never take the law into their hands
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by javalove(m): 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2010
tkb417:

yes sir

by defination ure right, but in reality, is it really a religion of peace?

taking to violence when provoked isnt peace mahn yi

I agree to an extent with the bolded. . .why?

Most of the crisis in nothern nigeria are baseless cos they  result to killing innocent lives and sometimes even muslims that are not notherners (yes it happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!). . .This is not Islam. . .this is just the mindset and the kinds of heart the people in that region have. . . .And our media houses are not doing us any good by reporting most of the crisis as "religious". . .

Take for eg, Jos crisis. The media projected it as religious whereas the actual cause of the crisis was faceoff between the Hausa Fulaini and the Berom people.  You choose to address them as Hausa/Fulani when you please, you address them as Muslims Islamists/Jihadists/Fundamentalists when you please. . .

Why havent there been a crisis in Lagos or Ibadan or Ilorin that have resulted in loss of lives? These crisis erupt from the same region all the time. Doesn't that tell you something, ? And i have lived in the north before, and I have seen how easy it is to gather a group of jobless youths to cause mayhem. . .

Please Islam is peace. . .dont judge the faith by a few ignorants. . .who sometimes go to crisis  for selfish gains. . .

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Bukittes(f): 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2010
This is just been blown out of proporti like jor, why should she be expelled? I thot there is freedom of speech, if u don't like her message then u can ignore it ke. If its the other way round now nobody will even here of the incident but now see wvweryone screaming for the poor girls's head. abegi!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
Bukittes:

This is just been blown out of proporti like jor, why should she be expelled? I thot there is freedom of speech, if u don't like her message then u can ignore it ke. If its the other way round now nobody will even here of the incident but now see wvweryone screaming for the poor girls's head. abegi!

Are you retarded?

Freedom of speech in people's place of worship?

I can as well easily come to your church and piss at the altar due to my freedom of piss.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^
freedom of piss grin grin grin grin grin grin

oluwa mi o

eyi o wa poju bi grin grin grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Iyineda(m): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2010
Sagamite:

Are you retarded?

I can as well easily come to your church and piss at the altar due to my freedom of piss.

Riley Freeman and R. Kelly agree with you.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by chakula: 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2010
Don’t let me stumble from my chair due to this funny-funny remark of yours.

Sagamite:

Are you retarded?

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by javalove(m): 1:36pm On Aug 19, 2010
Bukittes:

This is just been blown out of proporti like jor, why should she be expelled? I thot there is freedom of speech, if u don't like her message then u can ignore it ke. If its the other way round now  nobody will even here of the incident but now see wvweryone screaming for the poor girls's head. abegi!

Of coyrse its blown out of proportion when its the muslims on the receiving end. . .

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Teminio: 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ Sagamite

I am reeling with laughter reading your posts on this thread; you are such an interesting personality who is absolutely entitled to his opinion and belief.

Having said that, as a Christian I totally disagree with the lady’s action, it is not wise.
But again, people should be tolerant enough not to go to the extreme when a mistake is made.
I strongly believe that it is people of little minds that hide under religion to cause confusion and disharmony in the system.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by MackDealer: 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2010
javalove:

I agree to an extent with the bolded. . .why?

Most of the crisis in nothern nigeria are baseless cos they result to killing innocent lives and sometimes even muslims that are not notherners (yes it happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!). . .This is not Islam. . .this is just the mindset and the kinds of heart the people in that region have. . . .And our media houses are not doing us any good by reporting most of the crisis as "religious". . .

Take for eg, Jos crisis. The media projected it as religious whereas the actual cause of the crisis was faceoff between the Hausa Fulaini and the Berom people. You choose to address them as Hausa/Fulani when you please, you address them as Muslims Islamists/Jihadists/Fundamentalists when you please. . .

Why havent there been a crisis in Lagos or Ibadan or Ilorin that have resulted in loss of lives? These crisis erupt from the same region all the time. Doesn't that tell you something, ? And i have lived in the north before, and I have seen how easy it is to gather a group of jobless youths to cause mayhem. . .

Please Islam is peace. . .dont judge the faith by a few ignorants. . .who sometimes go to crisis for selfish gains. . .

So do you think christainity should be judged by the actions of this lady?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by kulobyno: 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2010
[/quote]re you retarded?

Freedom of speech in people's place of worship?[quote]

She did what i call aggressive evangelism. Believe me God will touch so many souls from what she did. Such is the tenet of true followers of Christ. The Almighty will answer His name in her life. I am sure nothing will happen to her. Absolutely Nothing. Whosoever is calling for a feud over that will is only attracting eternal condemnation. My sister God will shield you.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by kulobyno: 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2010
[/quote]re you retarded?

Freedom of speech in people's place of worship?[quote]

She did what i call aggressive evangelism. Believe me God will touch so many souls from what she did. Such is the tenet of true followers of Christ. The Almighty will answer His name in her life. I am sure nothing will happen to her. Absolutely Nothing. Whosoever is calling for a feud over that will is only attracting eternal condemnation. My sister God will shield you.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by omofat: 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2010
kulobyno:

Bros, stop being ignorant. What she did was wrong.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tytylayor: 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2010
So cause Islam is religion of peace and it should be allow to be molested without retaliation huh? if its keep re-occurring then we should just fold our arms and keeping getting molested? Well i think there is a freedom of religion so why would they be preaching against other religion to the extent of going into the school mosque on first juma't  in the month of ramadan this is uncall for.

this is not molestation. u and i knw dat wat d girl did is VERY wrong, but i still want u guys to bliv dat ders somtin wrong somwia. a gud xtian in his/her right senses would not do a tin of such. lets just bliv its d devil's work. wat i wnt my muslim brodas/sistas to do is just imbibe d spirit of forgivness, lets bliv she sinned against God, let God judge her d right way. like u said in ur earlier post, she has been suspended from school, gud, but wat else does dis muslims brodas/sistas want d school authority to do? do dey want her expelled? do dey wnt to fight for God?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by fxskye: 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2010
tytylayor:

this is not molestation. u and i knw dat wat d girl did is VERY wrong, but i still want u guys to bliv dat ders somtin wrong somwia. a gud xtian in his/her right senses would not do a tin of such. lets just bliv its d devil's work. wat i wnt my muslim brodas/sistas to do is just imbibe d spirit of forgivness, lets bliv she sinned against God, let God judge her d right way. like u said in your earlier post, she has been suspended from school, gud, but wat else does dis muslims brodas/sistas want d school authority to do? do dey want her expelled? do dey wnt to fight for God?

Please, use a word to describe her act! an "Insane", "Evagelical", Always be objective in passing your comment. She did WRONG THING. Then, describe it.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2010
Teminio:

@ Sagamite

I am reeling with laughter reading your posts on this thread; you are such an interesting personality who is absolutely entitled to his opinion and belief.

My persin, I get issues.  grin grin grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2010
kulobyno:

[Points finger with a thrust repeatedly like a football fan in the stands chanting] Psycho, psycho, psycho, psycho . . . . . . . . .
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tytylayor: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
Please, use a word to describe her act! an "Insane", "Evagelical",  Always be objective in passing your comment. She did WRONG THING. Then, describe it

u can see dat on d first line of my comment. wat else do dey want, afterall she's been suspended. why r dey still barricading d entrance to d school? wat would be dier gain if she's expelled? lets face reality now.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by MUZBO(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2010
Bukittes:

This is just been blown out of proporti like jor, why should she be expelled? I thot there is freedom of speech, if u don't like her message then u can ignore it ke. If its the other way round now  nobody will even here of the incident but now see wvweryone screaming for the poor girls's head. abegi!
This is by far the most stupid comment I've read on nairaland this year!! If there were 365 of u sayin stuff like this daily then NL will be a joke in one year. Please take ur freedom of speech to d north and blab around for our sakes so it will be 1 down, 364 to go.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Beync(f): 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2010
@kgdavid, dont u ever mention my organization's name, we dont preach in such avenue, get it.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Purist(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2010
bashy_demy:

So cause Islam is religion of peace and it should be allow to be molested without retaliation huh?

If you guys are as 'peaceful' as you'd want us to believe, then 'retaliation' shouldn't even be in your vocabulary at all, not to talk of 'violence'.

bashy_demy:

if its keep re-occurring then we should just fold our arms and keeping getting molested?

Yes please, FOLD your arms! Allah is 'powerful' enough to fight for himself, isn't he?

bashy_demy:

Well i think there is a freedom of religion so why would they be preaching against other religion to the extent of going into the school mosque on first juma't  in the month of ramadan this is uncall for.

Yes, I completely agree that it's uncalled for. But it's equally uncalled for that the aggrieved party should respond with violence. Whatever happened to dialogue?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by deb(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2010
The 'christian' girl is simply a retard. True christians don't do that she's one of those silly and deluded religious people.
Christianity is not even religion people need to get that in their brain. Jesus christ will never force his belief on people NEVER!

Yes, I completely agree that it's uncalled for. But it's equally uncalled for that the aggrieved party should respond with violence. Whatever happened to dialogue?

I agree with you. Two wrongs have never made a right
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by alimat2(f): 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2010
At Topic,

Supposing am in UI or have access to meet the Muslim students at UI  i would hav advised them to call the girl to dialogue and introduce/educate/enlighten her about Islam.

I will tell her that Muslims are the real followers of her so called Jesus;
I will tell her that Muslims believe in Jesus and tell her more of Jesus in the quran than the little details abt him in the bible.

And finally i will advise her to Accept Prophet Mohammed  as d messenger of God cos she is the 1 dat needs to be preached to.

I will tell the entire xtain world dat Muslims believe in Jesus nd its left for them to accept Prophet mohammed as the messenger of God b4 death strikes.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Purist(m): 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2010
alimat 2:

I will tell her that Muslims are the real followers of her so called Jesus

lol. . . so Muslims are real followers of a so-called Jesus?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23)

Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala / The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian / Pastor Obinim ‘Delivers’ Small Boy Who Says He Gets Sexual Feelings For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.