Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? (845 Views)

Can You Sponsor Your Girlfriend Or Fiancee In School? / Man Takes His Fiancee To Lie Detector To Test If She's Cheating. See Outcome / Pilot Takes His Fiancee To Pilot Room, Kisses Her In Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by jiorhemen(m): 8:14am On Jan 24, 2019
There is a noun that's now commonly used in the lexicon of romantic relationships: the word 'ex'. It seems almost everyone in our contemporary world now has an ex. These days, most people when talking refer to their exes. This left me thinking, why does everyone now has an ex? What turns a boyfriend, girlfriend, fiance, fiancee, sexual partner, romantic partner, spouse to an ex?

I don't understand why a partner you are dating, whom you love, or in some cases you want to marry suddenly end up as your 'ex'.
Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by dingbang(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2019
Life...
Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by Nduxx(m): 8:26am On Jan 24, 2019
jiorhemen:
There is a noun that's now commonly used in the lexicon of romantic relationships: the word 'ex'. It seems almost everyone in our contemporary world now has an ex. These days, most people when talking refer to their exes. This left me thinking, why does everyone now has an ex? What turns a boyfriend, girlfriend, fiance, fiancee, sexual partner, romantic partner, spouse to an ex?

I don't understand why a partner you are dating, whom you love, or in some cases you want to marry suddenly end up as your 'ex'.
Misunderstanding, disagreement, stubbornness. I broke up with my ex because she had another boo, me I cannot be stressing myself. I told her to be with the guy, she wanted both me and the guy.... What??! I later found out that she had been with the nigga before I came along

3 Likes

Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by faithfull18(f): 9:05am On Jan 24, 2019
People go into relationships not for genuine reasons most times.

I know of people who told themselves they wouldn't get into a relationship with someone they didn't see themselves marrying. This helps reduce the number of exes they would have.

And please don't tell me that lie of people saying you won't know if you are going to marry the person or not without being in a relationship first.

Most times you know you can't/won't marry the person but still get in anyway. They use and dump, the number of exes keeps increasing.

2 Likes

Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by berbz(m): 9:07am On Jan 24, 2019
faithfull18:
People go into relationships not for genuine reasons most times.

I know of people who told themselves they wouldn't get into a relationship with someone they didn't see themselves marrying. This helps reduce the number of exes they would have.

And please don't tell me that lie of people saying you won't know if you are going to marry the person or not without being in a relationship first.

Most times you know you can't/won't marry the person but still get in anyway. They use and dump, the number of exes keeps increasing.

not all marriages start with a relationship
Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by faithfull18(f): 9:12am On Jan 24, 2019
berbz:
not all marriages start with a relationship
True but most do.
Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by berbz(m): 9:18am On Jan 24, 2019
faithfull18:

True but most do.
psychologically
Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by jiorhemen(m): 9:20am On Jan 24, 2019
Nduxx:
Misunderstanding, disagreement, stubbornness. I broke up with my ex because she had another boo, me I cannot be stressing myself. I told her to be with the guy, she wanted both me and the guy.... What??! I later found out that she had been with the nigga before I came along
In order words, she was cheating on you. Cheating now seems to be a common thing in relationships. Anyway, it's better to quit such relationships just as you did than to die under the yoke of a cheating partner

2 Likes

Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by Mgbadike80: 9:23am On Jan 24, 2019
It's complicated even with the best of intentions. I had full intention of marrying my ex but as the relationship went beyond the initial periods of hysteria, i started noticing a lot of behavior that i can't tolerate in a wife while she was hell bent on not changing those behavior, i eventually concluded that she does not love me but only wants to marry due to social and biological pressure as she was already approaching her late thirties. I choosed to end the relationship rather than spend the rest of my life in a miserable marriage. Her current husband seems to be suffering that predicament now based on comments by our then working place colleagues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by Headlesschicken(m): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2019
undecided Sh!t happens man,n d only way forward is forward...

1 Like

Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by Nduxx(m): 9:29am On Jan 24, 2019
jiorhemen:

In order words, she was cheating on you. Cheating now seems to be a common thing in relationships. Anyway, it's better to quit such relationships just as you did than to die under the yoke of a cheating partner
Too common, it's the ones in relationships that will still come to you

1 Like

Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by Mgbadike80: 9:36am On Jan 24, 2019
Nduxx:
Too common, it's the ones in relationships that will still come to you
the problem is that many if not most cheaters carry it on even after marriage.

2 Likes

Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by Nduxx(m): 9:43am On Jan 24, 2019
Mgbadike80:
the problem is that many if not most cheaters carry it on even after marriage.
"old habits die hard"

2 Likes

Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by jiorhemen(m): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2019
Mgbadike80:
It's complicated even with the best of intentions. I had full intention of marrying my ex but as the relationship went beyond the initial periods of hysteria, i started noticing a lot of behavior that i can't tolerate in a wife while she was hell bent on not changing those behavior, i eventually concluded that she does not love me but only wants to marry due to social and biological pressure as she was already approaching her late thirties. I choosed to end the relationship rather than spend the rest of my life in a miserable marriage. Her current husband seems to be suffering that predicament now based on comments by our then working place colleagues.
You dodged a bullet lol

1 Like

Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by marvin906(m): 10:50am On Jan 24, 2019
well my case is somehow..
buh let me highlight one cause of my breakup with my ex..

she was making me pay for another niggas mistake actually the first guy she ever dated and also the guy that took her virginity cheated on her and it affected her a lot and lucky me I became Jesus Christ for the guy I was paying for a sin that wasn't mine

Re: What Turns A Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Or Fiancee To An Ex? by jiorhemen(m): 1:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
marvin906:
well my case is somehow..
buh let me highlight one cause of my breakup with my ex..

she was making me pay for another niggas mistake actually the first guy she ever dated and also the guy that took her virginity cheated on her and it affected her a lot and lucky me I became Jesus Christ for the guy I was paying for a sin that wasn't mine
She wanted to scapegoat you. That's bad

(1) (Reply)

All Females Lost Their Virginity Through Rape / Wedding Guests Forcibly Hold Groom And Bride's Heads To Kiss By Force (video) / Why Is NL The Only Forum Men Fully Express Themselves About Women's Mistreat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.