Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? (9773 Views)

Should I Still Travel To The USA? / Is Canada Really Worth It? Someone Please Educate Me / How Much Is Canada Visa Fee In Nigeria 2018? – Check Out Visa Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by czarina(f): 8:13am On Jan 25, 2019
Osinachi1:
I lived in Jos.

Not new
Osinachi, the lowest Jos temperature I've ever recorded was about 2 degrees. I don't know where you saw your snow.

That there is minus 3 degrees.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by Speedyconnect15: 8:16am On Jan 25, 2019
Mehn

But why canny be like this naa.

At times, I wonder if leaving good weather to stay in this cold is worth it.

Just wonder.

See below.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by chloride6: 8:30am On Jan 25, 2019
Taniaa:
I've never been a fan of Canada.
UK it is

Dead country with little opportunities

angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by Nbote(m): 9:23am On Jan 25, 2019
See beta work... I go help dem clear am.. Na business opportunity b dis

1 Like

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by CuddleBear(f): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2019
DexterousOne:
.yep
it's not xool to be amibf the masses in Nigeria
I know right?
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by Taniaa(f): 9:45am On Jan 25, 2019
Idonije8:
grin hello how are u
Hi i'm good
chloride6:

Dead country with little opportunities

angry
Uyi168:
UK is poo..
Canada is the real deal!!!
My friend in Canada hasn't gotten a job and she's been there for years.
She complains about racism and all

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 25, 2019
czarina:
Osinachi, the lowest Jos temperature I've ever recorded was about 2 degrees. I don't know where you saw your snow.

That there is minus 3 degrees.

Lol.
I didn't mean the snow part.
If I could survive Jos, Canada won't be that tough for me hahaha
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by czarina(f): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2019
Osinachi1:

Lol.
I didn't mean the snow part.
If I could survive Jos, Canada won't be that tough for me hahaha
toh, everyone in Jos is literally preparing for Canada wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by nwaobitex: 11:38am On Jan 25, 2019
The snow have not killed those ones there yet. Pls where is the visa

1 Like

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by dfash2000: 11:43am On Jan 25, 2019
Taniaa:
Hi i'm goodMy friend in Canada hasn't gotten a job and she's been there for years.

That your frienemy really hates you �

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by snowball11(m): 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2019
[quote author=Osinachi1 post=75082215]I lived in Jos.

Not new[
/quote]

Them dey count animal wey get horn, this one dey mention snail!

Snail get horn?
grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by iaatmguy(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2019
Taniaa:
Hi i'm goodMy friend in Canada hasn't gotten a job and she's been there for years.
probably, your friend is in a regulated profession.
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by Taniaa(f): 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
iaatmguy:
probably, your friend is in a regulated profession.
explain
dfash2000:

That your frienemy really hates you �
Lol why tho
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by RTSC: 1:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
Taniaa:
UK it is

na only you o.

Very few immigrants will choose the UK over Canada.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by kevoh(m): 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
It's just snow! People over there will be indoors with their room heaters blasting and thick clothings. One will try as much as possible not to be caught in a snow storm. Nothing to be alarmed over! The way we have learnt to live with generator noise and mosquitoes in the night is the same way you'll adapt to extreme cold in Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by CanadianNaija: 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
Taniaa:

Your friend is probably an illegal immigrant, she should say the truth.
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 25, 2019
czarina:
toh, everyone in Jos is literally preparing for Canada wink

Where is this your massage spa located in Jos?!
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by Taniaa(f): 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
CanadianNaija:

Your friend is probably an illegal immigrant, she should say the truth.
Nope she's there with her parents and siblings

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by iaatmguy(m): 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2019
Taniaa:
explainLol why tho
one would need to be accredited by one or two professional bodies. you can't work without their accreditation. this requires one sitting for numerous exams, which in turn takes time. e.g doctors, nurses, engineers, lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by CanadianNaija: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
Taniaa:
Nope she's there with her parents and siblings

They are all either illegals, or she is lazy as Bleep.
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by czarina(f): 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2019
Osinachi1:

Where is this your massage spa located in Jos?!
Its a mobile massage service. We're working on a location. Thanks
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by orobs93(m): 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2019
CanadianNaija:

They are all either illegal, or she is lazy as Bleep.

Please help me with any recruitment agency I am in Kamloops a student.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by Nicklaus619(m): 6:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
Taniaa:
UK it is

If you really wanna hustle and make money, u better go to canada now let's do small maths.

The government has announced that the minimum wage will further rise to at least $13.85 on June 1st, 2019, to $14.60 on June 1st, 2020 and to $15.20 on June 1st, 2021. Effective as of April 1, 2018.

As at today Canadian minimium wage is 14.60$ which is 5,300 per hour equivalent

And From April 2019, minimum pay rates will increase as below. NLW (workers aged 25+) — from £7.83 to £8.21 per hour. NMW rates: workers aged 21–24 — from £7.38 to £7.70 per hour.
8.21 £ is equivalent to 3,900 in naira equivalent

So now tell me the one that you don't wanna make quick money, calculate 5,300 at least 14 hours daily = 74 k + daily grin kiss
Then calculate it and multiply by 31 days in months that's 2.2 million plus... Then calculate and multiply by 12 months equals almost 30 million kiss sweet money.. Am living to canada very soon I have made up my mind cool
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by CanadianNaija: 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2019
orobs93:

Please help me with any recruitment agency I am in Kamloops a student.

I don’t get please.
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by orobs93(m): 7:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
CanadianNaija:

I don’t get please.

I mean I am a student in Kamloops Bc, I would like you to help me with any recruitment agency for jobs
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by CanadianNaija: 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
orobs93:

I mean I am a student in Kamloops Bc, I would like you to help me with any recruitment agency for jobs

I don’t know any job recruitment agencies.
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by ShawttySoFyne(f): 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
Nicklaus619:

If you really wanna hustle and make money, u better go to canada now let's do small maths.

The government has announced that the minimum wage will further rise to at least $13.85 on June 1st, 2019, to $14.60 on June 1st, 2020 and to $15.20 on June 1st, 2021. Effective as of April 1, 2018.

And From April 2019, minimum pay rates will increase as below. NLW (workers aged 25+) — from £7.83 to £8.21 per hour. NMW rates: workers aged 21–24 — from £7.38 to £7.70 per hour.

So now tell me the one that you don't wanna make quick money, calculate 5,300 at least 14 hours daily = 74 k + daily grin kiss
Then calculate it and multiply by 31 days in months that's 2.2 million plus... Then calculate and multiply by 12 months equals almost 30 million kiss sweet money.. Am living to canada very soon I have made up my mind cool
Daaang cheesy
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by Taniaa(f): 9:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
Nicklaus619:

Wow now you got me rethinking cheesy best of luck in your desired quest though

1 Like

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by Taniaa(f): 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
iaatmguy:
one would need to be accredited by one or two professional bodies. you can't work without their accreditation. this requires one sitting for numerous exams, which in turn takes time. e.g doctors, nurses, engineers, lawyers.
Yes she just completed a two year nursing course over there
CanadianNaija:

They are all either illegals, or she is lazy as Bleep.
Lol her parents are working over there so she doesn't really need the job as much
Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by claremont(m): 11:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
Nicklaus619:

You haven't factored in tax and living costs in this your calculations. The people who earn this minimum wage barely eke out a miserable existence whilst on it. By all means, go to Canada and find out yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by maternal: 12:57am On Jan 26, 2019
claremont:

You haven't factored in tax and living costs in this your calculations. The people who earn this minimum wage barely eke out a miserable existence whilst on it. By all means, go to Canada and find out yourself.

Their quality of life is still better than the majority of Nigerians in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? by czarina(f): 1:50am On Jan 26, 2019
claremont:

I just saw the shinning of the teeth and I was baffled. Only the lowest in Canada earn that and they merely "survive" on it.

I think he's using naija eyes to calculate everything. Would have been reasonable if he was working as a freelancer from here and earning that.

Nicklaus619, believe it, you don't want to live on minimum wage in Canada. Walahi, you go frustrate. Good healthcare will be the least of your problems then.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My East Africa - South Africa Tour / With About #5m... How Can I Leave This Country Legally? / Iata License For A Travel Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.