Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 (6062 Views)

South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / I Want To Unite South East Leaders With Buhari – Okorocha / South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by steroid: 10:28am On Aug 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

Nwokem I've told you that you are entitled to your opinions. undecided
Quit being st00pid and stop masking attacks.

I'm not on steroids like you. undecided

Why are you taking it personal. grin grin grin
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by bkbabe97y(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2010
KenGali:

@bk.babe97y
Sorry to have offended your perception of your people.

Sorry, not "MY" people!At least, not in that sense. But I love all black people, so I guess we're good. lol. I just started taking their side. . . well, more like agreeing with them when I realized some of the Ibos on here (Ezeuche, Eziachi, Wilywily, Mentalgong, onlyLies etc), and in real life, were nothing but cry babies who blamed the Yorubas for all the problems in their lives. . . .

KenGali:

In 1966, while the east was looking for a way out of the unfortunate coup and prevent the north from dominance. Your people unexpectedly cashed in on the situation due to economically beneficial position of being the sought bride. If you remember, a son of your was sent to lead the charge into your region, so as not to alarm you, but when your elders got threatened that Britain will attack Lagos, they asked him to give up.

If the Yoruba elders asked "him" to give up, why didnt he remain in Yoruba land instead of returning to Biafra?!? Dude, if we're to discuss in a civil manner, I'd appreciate going with facts and not "I heard Big Momma say. . . ". I heard numerous tales, from YOUR [/b]people, about why the invasion of Lagos failed, I went and read about it in order to gain my own perspective and guess what? Most of what [b]YOUR [/b]people were spewing on here (such as you are doing now) were falsities! Without delving into discussions that are bound to go nowhere about why [b]YOUR people decided to "shift blame" by  murdering Victor Banjo or sending Ifeajuna to his death, I'll tell u this: I'll rather go with historians than "Big Momma" on this one!

KenGali:

@bk.babe97y
In 1966, while the east was looking for a way out of the unfortunate coup and prevent the north from dominance. Your people unexpectedly cashed in on the situation due to economically beneficial position of being the sought bride. You gained an enviable control over the economic resources. One that even the north is still regretting today. It was all about your interest, not the right or the wrong and I hold no grudge mind you. But, nothing goes for nothing you know.

Lets say the shoe was on the other foot what would the Ibos have done? Not to diss your people, but I've known them for almost 24 yrs of my life, and I can tell u I believe they'd have done worse to the Yorubas; thats how vicious I believe they are (just like u said "its not about hate. . . " its just what ive observed over the years)!!! Dude, in war its all fair! YOUR people knew that. Remember, YOU started all the crap that led to the pogroms and subsequent destabilization of the Union so dont come here playing innocent, thats what riles me up about YOUR people. YOUR people always want to play "destroyer" forgetting that politics is a game of smarts not brawn. When brawn gets involved means theres an ongoing civil war/violence; YOU should know that all too well!

YOUR Ikemba has selected Gen.IBB for your nation, for Ibos, and even re-christened him by giving him a Ibo name. What do u call that? Is that not "interests"? Is he not aiming for the betterment of the Ibo nation? Except you're trying to tell me that "YOU KNOW" in YOUR hearts (but are reluctant to say it) that Ojukwu is working for his own selfish benefit, then I dont know what to tell YOU as I dont see why YOU would love to do things in your "Interests" but hate when others look out for same.

KenGali:

You lost the capacity to partner with Igbos and remained the rival for the north. Am sure with such antecedents you do not expect other groups not to watch your moves carefully. Again, its not about hate or love, it is about interest! 

No, YOU [/b]lost the opportunity to partner with the rest of the Nigerian Nation! And, if there's any group everyone is gonna be watching like a Hawk does a Hen, its gonna be [b]YOUR People :YOUR people endorsed the most hated General in Nigeria's history, a man that fought, and led troops, in the war that still stirs bitterness even in Ibos unborn. A war that killed millions of YOUR kith and kin.YOUR people tried to bring down the First President from their region in more than 40 yrs. They refused to come to his defense when he needed to ascend power and are now openly trying to block his moves to retain it. . . . He's most likely gonna get re-elected, what kinda dish do you think he'll then serve[b] YOU[/b] guys?

If YOU wanna keep decieving YOURSELVES that with "such antecedents you do not expect other groups not to watch your moves carefully" then I dont know what else to say. You can keep deceiving YOURSELF that the rest of Nigeria is "watching" the Yorubas closely. Truth is no group in Nigeria trusts the other, but, even moreso, where little/brief alliances do occur among certain groups, fact remains EVERY group bears a DEEP suspicion of YOUR people. . . . .
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by AndreUweh(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
bk.babe97y:

You bitter old hag! Everyone hates the Ibos, right? Yorubas, Ijaws, Polish, Chinese. . . . wow!!! When are you gonna catch that heart attack and do us all that favor we've been eagerly anticipating?!!?
Monkey ball sucker, the man you are insulting here will surely live longer than you.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by Onlytruth(m): 1:57am On Aug 19, 2010
KenGali:

@Onlytruth
Ikemba must not suffer from mouth diarrhoea, He is too important. His power to unite the Igbos should be used only as last resort and sparingly. The governors should play their games and that will serve. When ever Ojukwu speaks, he binds every Igbo and we become predictable. We do not need that now, and part of Jonathan’s commitment is that he should relate to us with trust, as we as avoid a divide and rule strategy. The true test of his perception of the old eastern region, is his ability to woo the majority of the leaders

I agree with the bolded. I still maintain that as at today, only Ojukwu can unite majority of Ndigbo around a position. Of course there will always be the minority rogue  elements in Igboland who think they know more than their fathers. undecided

In a land where everybody knows everything, all are f00lish, and are usually enslaved by the most foolish outsiders. cool

Part of my mission here is to scold such rogue elements whose rebellious tendencies deny us of the unity we need to fight off our enemies.

So, of course the Ikemba doesn't have to say anything yet; but when he does, we will listen.

He has no equal in Igboland. cool

As for Jonathan, we are waiting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Islamic Banking: Oritsejafor Replies Sultan! / Are Nigerians In Diaspora Disconnected With Nigeria? / Jonathan's Approval Rating Remains Constant At 44%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.