Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down (9209 Views)

Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos / I Have Wike’s Records: Amaechi Dares Rivers Governor-elect On Probe / Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2010
EzeUche22:

The Igbo are the majority in Rivers State. I grew up in Rivers State and I know for a fact that the Igbo are the majority.  angry

Kalabari people are there, Ogoni people are there. in fact Rivers is just too diverse to call a group majority just by population. This isn't about majority , this is about the minorities being respected territorially and culturally. This is a silent cultural genocide. The governors words to the people are rather unethical. If that happened here, he will be impeached immediately. Only an illiterate will address people like that.

No you didn't grow up in Rivers state, you grew up in Florida where all the guys use steroids so they can show off their body on the beach, ahahahaha
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2010
9jaganja:

No you didn't grow up in Rivers state, you grew up in Florida where all the guys use steroids so they can show off their body on the beach, ahahahaha
If he was. . . . I wouldnt give him the time to post on NL wink
And nah, a lof of us spend time in the gym in the spring, for a rocking body in the summer cool
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by abadaba(m): 12:00am On Aug 18, 2010
9jaganja:

Kalabari people are there, Ogoni people are there. in fact Rivers is just too diverse to call a group majority just by population. This isn't about majority , this is about the minorities being respected territorially and culturally. This is a silent cultural genocide. The governors words to the people are rather unethical. If that happened here, he will be impeached immediately. Only an illiterate will address people like that.

Monkey, you must be silly for liken Uchenna to people who grew up Florida and bla bla.Iidiot, why do you have to insult him when he has not done so to you. His opinions may differ from yours but you have to respect him as an individual. Shameless maggot.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Ibime(m): 12:03am On Aug 18, 2010
@ Abagworo,

You said Amanyanabo is your inlaw. I hope you talking about Ibulubo, not Chief Abam.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by komando: 2:51am On Aug 18, 2010
@ naijaganja
Your face is on steroids, and in a Florida beach, guzzling 'you know what' that was generously deposited to you by 'your fellow boys'. Idiot.

@ ileke-idi well done the mature-intelligent one.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 18, 2010
abadaba:

Monkey, you must be silly for liken Uchenna to people who grew up Florida and bla bla.Iidiot, why do you have to insult him when he has not done so to you. His opinions may differ from yours but you have to respect him as an individual. Shameless maggot.

Geeezz dude every heard of teasing? Why you gotta be on my case like that? I got a dirty mouth too you know; I'm just trying to grow out of it. Humor, dude it's very important in life. Have a little humour in your life. I've been teasing Ezeuchenna since I first had an argument with him and it's has always been a friendly tease after a reply to a post. I'm sure he would have done same if he replied my post. A little bit of laughter won't hurt.

komando:

@ naijaganja
Your face is on steroids, and in a Florida beach, guzzling 'you know what' that was generously deposited to you by 'your fellow boys'. .

@ ileke-idi well done the mature-intelligent one.

Is that all you got to say? I hope you guys aren't this uptight in reality.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by komando: 3:02am On Aug 18, 2010
Even the Okrika sef half of them (I think the Koniju) are Igbo. The Kings of Okrika come from the Igbo side. The last king name,Ogan is found in Imo State.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by komando: 3:04am On Aug 18, 2010
@ naijaganja
Ok we are only kiddin too.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Nobody: 3:07am On Aug 18, 2010
abadaba:

And what do you know about people that grew up in Florida?
All these useless children posting crap nowadays.

If you can tell me one significant difference between them and other children, plz state.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ChinenyeN(m): 3:10am On Aug 18, 2010
9jaganja, I like that post of yours.

EzeUche22:

Even though their dialects are indeed different. I can understand what many of these people are saying even though it is not proper Igbo. Ikwerre is not hard to understand either. It is all IGBO to me.
grin grin na wa. . .
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by komando: 3:18am On Aug 18, 2010
If Becomrich show the map Igweocha is Igbo. Even the oil boss in Opobo know this.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Eziachi: 3:32am On Aug 18, 2010
I was born a couple of minute away from the said Waterfront, in the area which is now called Creek road. Cannot believe how Ghetto and shanty Waterfront looked when I visited there three years ago after almost 25 years absent. The whole place has become a den for robbers and all sort of illegality. The last time I was in Borokiri, was 1982, when we accompanied my father to finally legally repossesses our two storey house occupied by an Ijaw family since 1970 as an abandoned property- until Sam Mbakwe came to power and personally talk to Melford Okilo to get back what is ours.
Okrikas needed to be told the truth by Gov’ Amaechi and I was happy that Magnus Abe was sitting there when he was telling them how it is. They don’t see his action as a change for better future but rather an Igbo man trying to build better houses and mindful of the ecological mine field if their demand to sand filled where they wanted. From what I heard, their opposition to this project is based on the fact that they believed Amaechi’s his Igbo brothers will buy up development tomorrow when it’s finished. Which in my opinion is a legitimate concern, as Igbo’s are more likely to have the financial power to buy the new development or get mortgage on them, so Amaechi, should do all he can to address that fear with an advance policies.
But If it were before, he would had been pussy-footing around them because of the Ijaw block vote in elections, but since they calved out Bayelsa, those Okrika, Tai people now knew that they are in minority and can’t do anything. But having said that, there are great link between Okrika and Ndigbo as many family are very much related through blood, though their politicians will tell them otherwise because of wicked politics.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Eziachi: 3:41am On Aug 18, 2010
EzeUche22:

Even though their dialects are indeed different. I can understand what many of these people are saying even though it is not proper Igbo. Ikwerre is not hard to understand either. It is all IGBO to me.
Very true, but I won't classify it as non proper Igbo, just that its their Igbo dialect. In fact if you can understand stand Ngwa dialect, you won't have issues with Ikwerre as I personally find both very similar for some reason.
Believe it or not, my first Igbo accent/dialect is more or less Ikwerre because of childhood/school environmental influence during primary school. You can say that, I spoke what you called proper or central Igbo tongue only when I went to boarding school in Orlu at B.S.C before the war.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by chyz(m): 3:44am On Aug 18, 2010
Eziachi:

I was born a couple of minute away from the said Waterfront, in the area which is now called Creek road. Cannot believe how Ghetto and shanty Waterfront looked when I visited there three years ago after almost 25 years absent. The whole place has become a den for robbers and all sort of illegality. The last time I was in Borokiri, was 1982, when we accompanied my father to finally legally repossesses our two storey house occupied by an Ijaw family since 1970 as an abandoned property- until  Sam Mbakwe came to power and personally talk to Melford Okilo to get back what is ours.
Okrikas needed to be told the truth by Gov’ Amaechi and I was happy that Magnus Abe was sitting there when he was telling them how it is.  They don’t see his action as a change for better future but rather an Igbo man trying to build better houses and mindful of the ecological mine field if their demand to sand filled where they wanted.  From what I heard, their opposition to this project is based on the fact that they believed Amaechi’s his Igbo brothers will buy up development tomorrow when it’s finished.   Which in my opinion is a legitimate concern, as Igbo’s are more likely to have the financial power to buy the new development or get mortgage on them, so Amaechi, should do all he can to address that fear with an advance policies.
But If it were before, he would had been kitty-footing around them because of the Ijaw block vote in elections, but since they calved out Bayelsa, those Okrika, Tai people now knew that they are in minority and can’t do anything. But having said that, there are great link between Okrika and Ndigbo as many family are very much related through blood, though their politicians will tell them otherwise because of wicked politics.

I dont get it. What is stopping these people in becoming as financial established as the Igbos in that state? Even when bayelsa was still rivers state it was like that. why is it like that? They had governors of their own and even where given igbo property and land unlawfully by the government so what then is stopping then education and financial-wise?
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Eziachi: 3:56am On Aug 18, 2010
chyz:

I dont get it. What is stopping these people in becoming as financial established as the Igbos in that state? Even when bayelsa was still rivers state it was like that. why is it like that? They had governors of their own and even where given igbo property and land unlawfully by the government so what then is stopping then education and financial-wise?

They believe so much in pen pushing, filing/government monthly pay cheque jobs and never risen to the level of making enough or in position to steal from the public coffers. So the opportunity is just not there for so many of them.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Nobody: 3:58am On Aug 18, 2010
chyz:

Tot tittt tat. Ikwerres are Igbos right? They were the ones who took over Igbo's properties. Don't accuse people with such generalization and then narrow it down when it suits your opinion. Igbos enjoyed other Igbo's suffering. That's what you should see. The two democratic governors are Igbos.

Let's not close our mouth when the food only taste bad because we don't like the chef. What we should be concerned about now is the cultural genocide about to happen in Rivers State. We shouldn't be worried about who is Igbo and who is not. If you go to other Rivers villages, you will be surprised how impoverished these people are. Ogoni people contributed alot to this nation when their land was destroyed by oil companies. They deserve compensation too. The boy governor is only channeling his resources into one city. That is a failure. This is why every tribe should have their own provinces and govern themselves. We are not one. There will always be bias. It's human nature!!!
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by chyz(m): 4:03am On Aug 18, 2010
9jaganja:

Tot tittt tat. Ikwerres are Igbos right? They were the ones who took over Igbo's properties. Don't accuse people with such generalization and then narrow it down when it suits your opinion. Igbos enjoyed other Igbo's suffering. That's what you should see. The two democratic governors are Igbos.

Let's not close our mouth when the food only taste bad because we don't like the chef. What we should be concerned about now is the cultural genocide about to happen in Rivers State. We shouldn't be worried about who is Igbo and who is not,

Wow, i never knew i was talking to you.when i ask for your response then we can talk. Anyways, Eziachi thanks for the insight.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Nobody: 4:06am On Aug 18, 2010
chyz:

Wow, i never knew i was talking to you.when i ask for your response then we can talk. Anyways, Eziachi thanks for the insight.

You call that an insight? A generalization and an insult on an entirely different people an insight? And we blame white folks for racism? Chyz evolve!!
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by experience(m): 8:42am On Aug 18, 2010
Eziachi:

They believe so much in pen pushing, filing/government monthly pay cheque jobs and never risen to the level of making enough or in position to steal from the public coffers. So the opportunity is just not there for so many of them.

Eziachi, please how can I contact you? I don't know how the PM stuff work here but my email address is in my profile. Can you please contact me? I have some urgent inquiries and some information that I would need verified by you.

Thanks
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ijawgirl: 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2010
afam4eva:

Ikwerres form the majority in rivers state and then you have other Igbo sub-groups which are usually categorized along with the Ikwerres as Igbos. The only somewhat relevant group there are the Ogonis.

lolz, very true
smart kid
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by EzeUche22(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2010
Eziachi:

Very true, but I won't classify it as non proper Igbo, just that its their Igbo dialect. In fact if you can understand stand Ngwa dialect, you won't have issues with Ikwerre as I personally find both very similar for some reason.
Believe it or not, my first Igbo accent/dialect is more or less Ikwerre because of childhood/school environmental influence during primary school. You can say that, I spoke what you called proper or central Igbo tongue only when I went to boarding school in Orlu at B.S.C before the war.

I understand what you are saying. My family in Arochukwu used to say that I speak Igbo funny since I was raised in Port Harcourt, but that changed when I moved to the U.S. since the people around me speak a more central Igbo.

Anyway, do not compare this Ikwerre to Ngwa. lol Don't want that boy getting the satisfaction that I can understand his funny dialect.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by asha80(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2010
EzeUche22:

I understand what you are saying. My family in Arochukwu used to say that I speak Igbo funny since I was raised in Port Harcourt, but that changed when I moved to the U.S. since the people around me speak a more central Igbo.

Anyway, do not compare this Ikwerre to Ngwa. lol Don't want that boy getting the satisfaction that I can understand his funny dialect.

Nothing funny about his dialect.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Abagworo(m): 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2010
Ibime:

@ Abagworo,

You said Amanyanabo is your inlaw. I hope you talking about Ibulubo, not Chief Abam.

You seem to know chief abam and ibulubo well.I therefore presume you might be okrikan.you also know about the chieftaincy tussle that we need not discuss.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Ibime(m): 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^ Im from Ado house to be specific. The name Amasimabo (destroyer of town) is more befitting to Chief Abam than Amanyanabo. The less said the better.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by EzeUche22(m): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2010
asha 80:

[/b]

Nothing funny about his dialect.

Ngwa people and their bush accents. Very funny indeed.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by abadaba(m): 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

And what do you know about people that grew up in Florida?
All these useless children posting crap nowadays.

If you can tell me one significant difference between them and other children, plz state.
The other day, a famous nairalander said you are daft. Indeed, she is right.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Dede1(m): 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2010
Okirika will always point to Mbaise in Imo State. Majority of Okirika people are Igbo hence Amadi Ama instead of Ama Amadi or Ogan Ama instead of Ama Ogan. Anybody from Okirika or Igbo land should understand my drift.

So-called Ikwerre language is a modified Urratta language commonly spoken among people from Owerri. There is no much difference between dialect found in Umuagwo, Obirinze and the so-called Ikwerre.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by Ibime(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
Dede1:

Okirika will always point to Mbaise in Imo State. Majority of Okirika people are Igbo hence Amadi Ama instead of Ama Amadi or Ogan Ama instead of Ama Ogan. Anybody from Okirika or Igbo land should understand my drift.

All Okrika towns end with ama.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by AndreUweh(m): 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2010
I do understand the cultural/blood admixture of Ndigbo and Okrika people. Yet Okrika people are not Igbo. Their ethnic group is Kalabari. The Igbo groups in Rivers state are the Ikwerres, Ekpeyes, Ogbas, Egbemas, Ndonis, Ndokis, Asas, Omumas and Etches.
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ChinenyeN(m): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2010
EzeUche22:

EzeUche22:

Ngwa people and their bush accents. Very funny indeed.
grin grin
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ugoani(m): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2010
I don't understand this mix-up, are you saying that ikwerres are igbos? Pls can any ikwerre extract clear us on this claim
Re: Booing Galore As Gov Amaechi Dares Okrika People(Ijaws).Waterfronts Must Go Down by ChinenyeN(m): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2010
ugoani:

I don't understand this mix-up, are you saying that ikwerres are igbos? Pls can any ikwerre extract clear us on this claim
grin . . wait for it. . . . .

Anyway, Ugoani, where are you from? Which group/sub-group/whatever people here want to call it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Inaugurates Committee For Impact And Reading / Kwara Assembly Stops Incoming Govt. From Dissolving LG Councils / How Funsho Williams Was Killed. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.