Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos (42955 Views)

Senate Clears 8 Nominees For Appointment As Justices Of The Supreme Court / Meet The 5 Justices Who Gave Apc’s Oyetola Victory At The Supreme Court / Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2019
RTSC:

Ipob are not the only people buying a bag of rice for 25,000 naira.
Do you have a different market from the ipob?
Maybe a bag of rice is 25000 in biafara
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by Kdon2: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I can't wait for Mary Odili to become Chief Justice of Nigeria ((CJN). Buhari, Amaechi and APC fear that woman no be small

I second
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by Afamed: 7:53am On Jan 26, 2019
iHart:
So who is the most senior amongst them?
Read slowly this time around, you will know who's most senior among them

1 Like

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by cocolacec(m): 7:53am On Jan 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I can't wait for Mary Odili to become Chief Justice of Nigeria ((CJN). Buhari, Amaechi and APC fear that woman no be small
She can never be a CJN unlesss Tanko and bode resign.CJN is Based on seniority at the Supreme court.
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 26, 2019
We will not take this, this is outright inappropriate.
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by iammo(m): 7:55am On Jan 26, 2019
zlantanfan:
just to clarify, I think you shouldn't join the wailers in making these issues political.

The only appointment amina has benefited from buhari has been acting chairman which has since elapsed. She is currently serving her capacity as handed to her by the independent inec.

Walter had a moral issue and was replaced by the next senior in position, tanko is coincidentally a northern doesn't guarantee he would favour buhari.

Buhari would have gone on to appoint any junior njc loyal member at any cost if it was all about politics
. Read again with an open mind. I said PDP are scared of Amina but never blamed buhari or stated why. However PDP knows her just too well, as Obasanjo and Yaradua's S.A, and Jonathan's nominee to INEC
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by Afamed: 7:55am On Jan 26, 2019
jchioma:
Op, point of correction, the Chief Justice of the federation, Justice Walter Onnoghen, cannot be suspended.

Buhari's desperate attempt to remove the chief Justice is an exercise in futility. All lovers of democracy will resist it.
Lovers of democracy didn't resist when Justice Salami was sacked during Jonathan regime? Walter is gone

1 Like

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by mindtricks: 7:57am On Jan 26, 2019
iambabaG:
If he is the next most senior officers; then let him take over.
How a CJN tell the whole world he FORGOT to declear some assets. That’s enough ground to[b] retire him[/b]. Ignorance of the law is no excuse talk more about “forgetting”.
Our ethnic sentiments has really gotten the best out of us. Not like he jumped the queue. The North is very vast and have hugely populated the polity.

Competence and next in line over the useless federal character that has not gotten us anywhere over the years.
President does not have the power to do what he did. Nigerians think straight for once. How can you use illegality to fix illegality? There's got to be some orderliness.
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by contigiency(m): 7:58am On Jan 26, 2019
Oludon20:
How many people observe that Mary Odili will retire before this Tanko of a guy? All these things are already planned out, she no go smell am lai lai. I am very sorry but this is not Democracy. If Buhari had taken this type of action against his cabinet members that erred it would hv been better...... For me i do not support d Suspension, it all Politicking and Jonathan messed up big time.

The way some of you talk incoherently baffles me. That marry odili will not become the cjn because she will retire before the current one would be due, that it was all planned out like that so that she will never be in the office. Just listen to yourself. Tomorrow you start talking that someone is an illiterate.

So even the day she gained admission to study law, passed out from the university and law school, gained employment in the judiciary, ascended to supreme court and met the other judges in the supreme court were all planned such that before she progressed in any of the above, those who planned it will hurt her to make sure she doesn't derail from the predetermined ladder. If you people are not careful, you will set this country ablaze before you know it.

3 Likes

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by zlantanfan: 7:59am On Jan 26, 2019
iammo:
. Read again with an open mind. I said PDP are scared of Amina but never blamed buhari or stated why. However PDP knows her just too well, as Obasanjo and Yaradua's S.A, and Jonathan's nominee to INEC
True, funny how sanusi was removed as CBN governor by gej even when the law stated 2/3 of national assembly yet heaven didn't fall then

1 Like

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by python2gbera: 8:00am On Jan 26, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Ariwoola is the beneficiary of onnoghen suspension and his ascension to the seat of chief judge will come at the time when power has return to south west in 2023 grin
Naso.. Amazing coincidence

-python2
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by teebell999(m): 8:01am On Jan 26, 2019
Titto93:
Remove that Suspension tag from Onnoghen, we'll not take it.
Buhari's action should be coupled with a counter reaction.
Saraki should declare Buhari's seat vacant, or Atiku should unmask Jubril Al Sudani
Desperate action, requires desperate measures

grin grin grin
See Orubebe people!! "We will not take it"
Abeg who get that guy funny pic??
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by python2gbera: 8:02am On Jan 26, 2019
Valerie47:
We will not take this, this is outright inappropriate.
If you don't like it, go and protest nude before Mopol at Aso rock

-python2

1 Like

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by yommygift15: 8:02am On Jan 26, 2019
three:

Buhari erred

He CANNOT unilaterally suspend a substantive Chief Justice of the Federation under any guise

Press please note: 'allegedly suspended' or some other descriptive to be used.

Do not be a part (willing or unwilling) of this rape of democracy.

There is only one way outlined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for suspending OR removing a Chief Justice EVEN when it is a matter emanating via Code of Conduct.

BUHARI REQUIRES TWO-THIRDS of the SENATE.

This desecration of the constitution he swore to uphold is gross misconduct by Buhari and an IMPEACHABLE offence

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

292. (1) A judicial officer shall not be removed from his office or appointment before his age of retirement except in the following circumstances -

(a) in the case of -

(i) Chief Justice of Nigeria, President of the Court of Appeal, Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Chief Judge of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Grand Kadi of the Sharia Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and President, Customary Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, by the President acting on an address supported by two-thirds majority of the Senate.

(ii) Chief Judge of a State, Grand Kadi of a Sharia Court of Appeal or President of a Customary Court of Appeal of a State, by the Governor acting on an address supported by two-thirds majority of the House of Assembly of the State,

Praying that he be so removed for his inability to discharge the functions of his office or appointment (whether arising from infirmity of mind or of body) or for misconduct or contravention of the Code of Conduct;

(b) in any case, other than those to which paragraph (a) of this subsection applies, by the President or, as the case may be, the Governor acting on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council that the judicial officer be so removed for his inability to discharge the functions of his office or appointment (whether arising from infirmity of mind or of body) or for misconduct or contravention of the Code of Conduct.

(2) Any person who has held office as a judicial officer shall not on ceasing to be a judicial officer for any reason whatsoever thereafter appear or act as a legal practitioner before any court of law or tribunal in Nigeria.

OMG this thing pain u well well
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by zlantanfan: 8:03am On Jan 26, 2019
Lordbellish:

Stop day dreaming Oga... Onneghen is gone and nothing, i repeat nothing can bring him back.. all thanks to TY Danjuma and baba iyabo that were part of bringing this Tyrant to power
lol, but gej removed sanusi with disgrace despite not meeting the 2/3 by NASS even when he didn't commit omission fraud .

Heavens didn't fall then for a high caliber northern as sanusi
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by mvem(m): 8:04am On Jan 26, 2019
goaldynboy:
The present composition of the supreme court will give zombies heart attack! There are only two Fulani there! They will never support the usurper called Ibrahim Tanko Mohammed in his conspiracy with Buhari

I don't have time and energy to argue with a zombie! They are irredeemable!!

Let them continue to stupidly hail buhari for his infraction of the constitution until they all follow buhari to his grave!!
...they are not fulanis
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by AllenSpencer: 8:04am On Jan 26, 2019
flejnr2:
Now I see the fear. This list is flooded with southerners so Buhari had to make a quick move to get a northerner on board. Nice one baba

He is the next in line

No move made. Duly deserved.

1 Like

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by Afamed: 8:04am On Jan 26, 2019
zlantanfan:
Yes, strong PDP card member
That was where they bought Wike kangaroo Judgement. After 2 lower courts have already nullified Wike election. Mary Odili was among that sold Judgement for Wike at the Supreme court

1 Like

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by codeNinja2537: 8:06am On Jan 26, 2019
Call on me if you need help of an experienced and versatile programmer Available on WhatsApp Only

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by Iziquiel(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2019
ifyalways:
Why did Buharì not pick either of the folks that will retire in 2018 and/or 2019 ?

ANS: He is a tribal bigot. It's abokiii first and second , cows third and others last. cheesy
The problem with some of you is that you don't read or you read but lack the ability to comprehend. Go back and read the post again, then modify this trash you wrote.
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by juniorstar(m): 8:09am On Jan 26, 2019
Check ur facts b4 posting nxt time these 2 pics look alike

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by Afamed: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2019
contigiency:

The way some of you talk incoherently baffles me. That marry odili will not become the cjn because she will retire before the current one would be due, that it was all planned out like that so that she will never be in the office. Just listen to yourself. Tomorrow you start talking that someone is an illiterate.

So even the day she gained admission to study law, passed out from the university and law school, gained employment in the judiciary, ascended to supreme court and met the other judges in the supreme court were all planned such that before she progressed in any of the above, those who planned it will hurt her to make sure she doesn't derail from the predetermined ladder. If you people are not careful, you will set this country ablaze before you know it.
Ignore them my brother, most of them are half-baked

1 Like

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by danigbo(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2019
Jonathan could have fired the the INEC chairman in 2015 but he didn't. That is why he is a gentleman and lover of democracy.
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by corlarthey: 8:14am On Jan 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:
By the time Tanko retires, the next person in line will be olukayode... sorry.
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by codeNinja6137: 8:15am On Jan 26, 2019
I can help you write code to solve any problem Available on WhatsApp Only

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by deomelo: 8:16am On Jan 26, 2019
Fortunately for #SAIBABA2019-2023, he'll get to replace at least 5 of them in his 2nd term, including the corrupt odili woman and I'm sure he'll replace them with corruption proof judges..

I'm loving this.
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by rireq122: 8:16am On Jan 26, 2019
Hello

Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by layuns(m): 8:19am On Jan 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Going by the rank and file, Justice Tanko is the most senior and ofcourse will be retiring by 2023. Justice Odili will retire by 2021. Its not posible for her to become the CJN. Except if death or any form of misconduct arise from Justice Tanko.
Re: Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos by Phorlorunso: 8:21am On Jan 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Check the list and dates very well, it's virtually impossible for her to become a cjn except something happens to Tanko. Tanko tenure expires by 2023 while Mary's tenure is sure to expire by 2022. The next is likely to be Kayode but u wish we can have a woman cjn though. Would be cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Attends Assemblies Of God Church Annual Penial In Ebonyi State( / Soludo: CBN Has Directed Banks To Accept And Dispense Old Naira Notes / Meet The Young Nigerians Behind "Not Too Young To Run" Advocacy - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.