Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Does This Stigmatization Exist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does This Stigmatization Exist? (3981 Views)

No to stigmatization / The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion / Lady Demands N20k From Her Toaster To Prove That He Likes Her. He Does This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Eberechi24(f): 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2019
I never knew stigmatization against women who delivered through CS is still in existence.
What I read on Facebook yesterday broke my heart. cry

So much energy against CS out of pure ignorance and mockery. I can forgive ignorant one but mockery I can't! I have a sweet cousin born through it, each time i read those silly commenst, that boy flashes in mind and I can't stand the stigmatization!
Now, Imagine what women that gave birth through CS went yesterday?
One of the women was ignorant, she is from east Africa.
According to her, CS is a sign of curse. A curse! Something needs to be done in that part of Africa.

Of course I lashed out at those women who feel that given birth through vagina is a sign of bravery and birth through CS is that of weakness.
Its a crime a to switch to available options to save your baby life and yours ? cry

Cesarean section (delivery)means Delivery through operation(surgical incision)
Names were censored because of our "tennagers"

1 Like

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by faithfull18(f): 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
Na wa o, they would have preferred they lost their lives or that of their babies right? God grant them understanding.

Come to think of it, unless you are told, there's no way to know who was birthed through normal delivery or CS.

The end goal should be to give birth to healthy babies with both mother, child alive and healthy be it normal delivery or cs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by lilmax(m): 1:31pm On Jan 26, 2019
you have your opinion
they have their opinions

with all the nonsense opinions flying around nairaland, you have to deal with it
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Nobodys(f): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
. Ignorance is disease.

Forget about them, dear. don't even worry about them..

I have a neighbour with this same mindset, her daughter died trying to push a big baby... I asked, why didn't they option for CS? didn't they check her pelvic?... So sad, They were actually warned by the doctor, but with the mindset that CS is a bad thing, they pushed the girl into labour room...[ you will deliver like the Hebrew women, we are praying for you].. Things were getting out of place, she was bleeding too much and it was too late, she died....... poor girl......

Even after this, one of my neighbors still said "I would never allow my wife to give birth through CS, after all nor be CS my mama take born me"... I just ignored him. no need wasting energy on dumb people...

Ignorance is a disease....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Eberechi24(f): 1:43pm On Jan 26, 2019
faithfull18:
Na wa o, they would have preferred they lost their lives or that of their babies right? God grant them understanding.

Come to think of it, unless you are told, there's no way to know who was birthed through normal delivery or CS.

The end goal should be to give birth to healthy babies with both mother, child alive and healthy be it normal delivery or cs.

May God grant them the understanding, #Amen.

Yesterday was battle between virginal birth and CS birth. No woman want to feel lesser in any circumstances...

The bolded is fact.
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Eberechi24(f): 1:45pm On Jan 26, 2019
lilmax:
you have your opinion
they have their opinions

with all the nonsense opinions flying around nairaland, you have to deal with it

That opinion is sick and distasteful. It should be frown upon and discouraged.
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Eberechi24(f): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
Nobodys:
. Ignorance is disease.

Forget about them, dear. don't even worry about them..

I have a neighbour with this same mindset, her daughter died trying to push a big baby... I asked, why didn't they option for CS? didn't they check her pelvic?... So sad, They were actually warned by the doctor, but with the mindset that CS is a bad thing, they pushed the girl into labour room...[ you will deliver like the Hebrew women, we are praying for you].. Things were getting out of place, she was bleeding too much and it was too late, she died....... poor girl......

Even after this, one of my neighbors still said "I would never allow my wife to give birth through CS, after all nor be CS my mama take born me"... I just ignored him. no need wasting energy on dumb people...

Ignorance is a disease....
That Hebrew women theory confuses alot of people. Did Bible specify the form of delivery Hebrew women used?
What Bible means in that context is that baby and mother came out alive and healthy.

Women embrace every option to stay alive! Don't leave your baby in this cold world due to stubbornness

3 Likes

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by dingbang(m): 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
People perish due to lack of knowledge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Biglittlelois(f): 6:44pm On Jan 26, 2019
Facebook, especially some groups is where you meet illiterates and highly ignorant set of people who feel so proud of their silly comments thinking they've said the most important and valuable thing, what am I saying, they're plenty on here too so why am I not surprised.

7 Likes

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Adasun(m): 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
Women should always give birth naturally... Except in da case of health challenge.

1 Like

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Eberechi24(f): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Facebook, especially some groups is where you meet illiterates and highly ignorant set of people who feel so proud of their silly comments thinking they've said the most important and valuable thing, what am I saying, they're plenty on here too so why am I not surprised.

My dear social media exposes our level of mentality. Some are proud to be dumb on social media in the name of am "entitled to my opinion ". Funny side of it is that they don't want to learn and don't care to.

exposing this mentality to next generation is fatality, that my concern
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Eberechi24(f): 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2019
Adasun:
Women should always give birth naturally... Except in da case of health challenge.
most women want to give birth naturally, those that opt for elective CS willingly are few , not a handful.

Whatever method used to bring forth a child shouldn't be frown upon as far mother and child are healthy. That's the point.
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
Very foolish women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Adasun(m): 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2019
Eberechi24:

most women want to give birth naturally, those that opt for elective CS willingly are few , not a handful.

Whatever method used to bring forth a child shouldn't be frown upon as far mother and child are healthy. That's the point.
apart frm da condition i gave,any other reason is trash.

Labour is da joy of motherhood,it bond da mother to da child.
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Dentux(m): 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2019
My elder sister gave birth to her first two children through CS, today she's a proud mother of four. I do not see any form of curse giving birth through CSS, if it's the only option available at that moment to safe the mother and the baby then it's fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Eberechi24(f): 12:13am On Jan 27, 2019
Adasun:
apart frm da condition i gave,any other reason is trash.

Labour is da joy of motherhood,it bond da mother to da child.
Na so. Be a woman first, then we talk about "joy of motherhood"
You can equally say "dying is strength of motherhood" Woman will die because she wants give you a child. If she can't endure labour, she goes for option that suit her best. You can't be a man and be a woman same time

1 Like

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Adasun(m): 7:35am On Jan 27, 2019
Eberechi24:

Na so. Be a woman first, then we talk about "joy of motherhood"
You can equally say "dying is strength of motherhood" Woman will die because she wants give you a child. If she can't endure labour, she goes for option that suit her best. You can't be a man and be a woman same time
women were genetically modify for this,they where mearnt for this.

They have all the necessary organs required to aid her delivery.

Any woman that choose her belly being slice to bring forth a baby is not worth to be called a woman.
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:45am On Jan 27, 2019
Eberechi24:
I never knew stigmatization against women who delivered through CS is still in existence.
What I read on Facebook yesterday broke my heart. cry

So much energy against CS out of pure ignorance and mockery. I can forgive ignorant one but mockery I can't! I have a sweet cousin born through it, each time i read those silly commenst, that boy flashes in mind and I can't stand the stigmatization!
Now, Imagine what women that gave birth through CS went yesterday?
One of the women was ignorant, she is from east Africa.
According to her, CS is a sign of curse. A curse! Something needs to be done in that part of Africa.

Of course I lashed out at those women who feel that given birth through vagina is a sign of bravery and birth through CS is that of weakness.
Its a crime a to switch to available options to save your baby life and yours ? cry

Cesarean section (delivery)means Delivery through operation(surgical incision)
Names were censored because of our "tennagers"

Don't mind them ignorance is as disease.Some people advice women to do vaginal birth and that they should deliver like the Hebrew women hence the sometimes perceived stigma on women who do CS ignorant believing that they have not passed through woman hood if they have not had vaginal births.

I would advice women to do whatever guarantees her safety and that of a baby(planned Cs,elective Cs or vaginal birth)The one that is comfortable for her.Not all women can or would want to do vaginal birth Afterall if that story is true nor be them give Adam forbidden fruit the person wey give Adam forbidden fruit is no more so why should women suffer for such.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by eyinjuege: 9:06am On Jan 27, 2019
Ignorance rules cheesy
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by ednut1(m): 9:52am On Jan 27, 2019
Op is CS not a private matter. Why should anyone aside from ur husband know u used CS or not. Those with those archaic stance let them be. Na u go die grin
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by AwesomeDuru(m): 10:13am On Jan 27, 2019
Adasun:

Any woman that choose her belly being slice to bring forth a baby is not worth to be called a woman.

Is this a joke or are you this stupid?

1 Like

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Olalan(m): 10:16am On Jan 27, 2019
When so women are even paying to have their kids by operation.....
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by XhosaNostra(f): 10:39am On Jan 27, 2019
Maybe it's an East African thing as I've never heard of such a thing where I'm from. When I was growing up, people who've given birth through cesarean section used to be so proud of their scars, that I even thought that's how babies were born. Back then, they had really horrible, vertical scars that looked like they've been mutilated. It used to frighten me. Nowadays the scars are barely visible, so there's really no stigma or shame associated with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by AryEmber(f): 11:13am On Jan 27, 2019
Stigmatization? More like pity over here where I stay. Nobody judge any woman for going through CS when her life is at stake, such woman even get pampered!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Jaqenhghar: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2019
XhosaNostra:
Maybe it's an East African thing as I've never heard of such a thing where I'm from. When I was growing up, people who've given birth through cesarean section used to be so proud of their scars, that I even thought that's how babies were born. Back then, they had really horrible, vertical scars that looked like they've been mutilated. It used to frighten me. Nowadays the scars are barely visible, so there's really no stigma or shame associated with it.
Did you hear of the woman whose wound opened in the shower and spilled her guts

1 Like

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:26am On Jan 27, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Did you hear of the woman whose wound opened in the shower and spilled her guts

Ahhhhhhh! No! Where?
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Jaqenhghar: 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Ahhhhhhh! No! Where?
In the US I think.... she bent to pick the shampoo botyle and next thing .... Some women admut that they never recovered from the operation

1 Like

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by DMerciful(m): 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
I'm with you on this! It should be for health grounds and nothing more. A woman cannot die of pain, she can only die if the baby is too big or her pelvic is too small. A doctor will give the call and not for lazy or cosmetic reasons!
Adasun:

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

In the US I think.... she bent to pick the shampoo botyle and next thing .... Some women admut that they never recovered from the operation

OMG! I heard that also happens when you do a tummy tuck. You aren't supposed to laugh too much or do anything strenuous while it's still fresh. I hope she survived. That's scary.
Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Jaqenhghar: 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
[quote author=XhosaNostra post=75160565]

OMG! I heard that also happens when you do a tummy tuck. You aren't supposed to laugh too much or do anything strenuous while it's still fresh. I hope she survived. That's scary. [/quot

She survived. Thats scary. Psychologically one never remains the same

1 Like

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
[quote author=Jaqenhghar post=75160746][/quote]

Thank God! Yeah, I'm sure it changes a person to a degree. When I had an operation to remove a ganglion on my foot, I had nightmares for a very long time. Not because of the operation itself, but the whole experience. I couldn't do anything. Had to sit in bed the whole day because I was told not to be up on my feet or it was going to delay the healing process . That was the worst part for me. Felt like I was gonna lose my mind. Then came the itchiness that I wasn't even allowed to scratch grin I was half-mad by the time I got my stitches removed.

1 Like

Re: Does This Stigmatization Exist? by Adasun(m): 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
DMerciful:
I'm with you on this! It should be for health grounds and nothing more. A woman cannot die of pain, she can only die if the baby is too big or her pelvic is too small. A doctor will give the call and not for lazy or cosmetic reasons!
don't mind women and their mediocrity ways of life.

They just want to change everything including nature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Relationship With A Single Mother / Confession: I Don Fool Many People Sha / High Court Judge Weeps As DNA Reveals He’s Not Father Of Three Adult Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.