Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:50 AM

Homosexuality - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuality (6418 Views)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuality by LordReed(m): 10:43am On Feb 20, 2019
TV01:

Wait, let me get this right; someone who believes that it's ok for human beings to employ their waste as a food source and for sexual pleasure is attempting to take the moral high ground grin

You must have me confused with someone else, all I did was ask you a question to clarify what you were saying.
Re: Homosexuality by Akin1212(m): 10:49am On Feb 20, 2019
TV01:

Whichever classification captures creatures imprinted with the image of God. Or perhaps one that includes beings capable of abstract thought. Maybe a class whose constituents possess the ability to create and manage advanced multi-varied technological processes.

Then again, you may well prefer to categorise them along with animals who consume their own faeces.

TV

Humans are very much animals, mammals to be precise. From the systemic level to the cellular level. What is the image of God, can you show us how God look so that we may have something to compare with human's image?
Humans are more likely in the image of animals than in the image of a non existent invisible God.

@bolded, are you saying ALL animals consume their feces? Haven't you heard or seen humans who consume feces or at worst drink urine and eat the dirt from the nose?

You still find it difficult to accept that humans are animals?
Re: Homosexuality by TV01(m): 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
Akin1212:
You still find it difficult to accept that humans are animals?
Do you find it hard to accept that humans are more than animals?

LordReed:
You must have me confused with someone else, all I did was ask you a question to clarify what you were saying.
Hopefully you have found the clarification you sought.

Cheers
TV

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality by LordReed(m): 1:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
TV01:

Hopefully you have found the clarification you sought.

Not with that outburst.
Re: Homosexuality by Akin1212(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
TV01:

TV

Humans are nothing but animals, not higher nor lower than animals. And this is backed by embryology, comparative anatomy, physiology and biochemistry.

Whatever you subjectively think does not in any way affect that fact!

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality by MuttleyLaff: 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
TV01:

Akin1212:
Humans are nothing but animals, not higher nor lower than animals. And this is backed by embryology, comparative anatomy, physiology and biochemistry
Humans are human, animals are animals, what so difficult in that to acknowledge, afterall each has its distinctiveness that separate one from the other. Humans will never ever mate and successfully reproduce with any living animal, and so just shows that humans, regardless of closeness in embryology, comparative anatomy, physiology and biochemistry with some animals are not animals but are more than being animals.

Akin1212:
Subjectivity does not in any way play into this reality at all
Re: Homosexuality by Akin1212(m): 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Humans are human, animals are animals, what so difficult in that to acknowledge, afterall each has its distinctiveness that separate one from the other. Humans will never ever mate and successfully reproduce with any living animal, and so just shows that humans, regardless of closeness in embryology, comparative anatomy, physiology and biochemistry with some animals are not animals but are more than being animals.

Subjectivity does not in any way play into this reality at all

Lol, there's no level of ignorance I will not see here on Nairaland.

Is a lion not an animal?
Is a goat not an animal?
Is a human not an animal?

The same way a lion will never ever mate successfully with a goat or any other animal is how a human will not mate successfully with other animals, but that does not make a human being less of an animal.

Your humanistic ego might not let you accept this fact, but humans are animals and nothing can change that. There is nothing like more than being animals. There is no classification called human, humans fall under the kingdom Animalia.

You people should stop embracing ignorance.
Re: Homosexuality by TV01(m): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2019
Akin1212:
Humans are nothing but animals, not higher nor lower than animals. And this is backed by embryology, comparative anatomy, physiology and biochemistry.
Your assertion below directly contradicts your opening statement above. To claim that humans are "nothing but animals" is your wholly subjective position.

Even if we allow for a categorisation protocol based on an agreed group of criteria, that does not discount additional or different criteria yielding further or additional distinctions. Are humans animals, in a manner of speaking sure. Are humans more than just animals? absolutely.

Akin1212:
The fact is, humans are imprinted with the image of God. Humans possess a higher consciousness, intellect and ability to reason in an abstract sense. Further, human beings are not driven purely by instinct in their motivations and aspirations and, are capable of morally based actions.

You are free in your taxonomy to include or exclude any or, all of the characteristics I have listed. But please, don't come over all holier-than-thou cheesy, labelling a brother subjective and introducing non-animalistic attributes such as reasoning grin.

A lovely dinner of pan-seared duck breast with an avocado and mixed green salad. Being a bit of an "animal", I wolfed it down smiley. Must learn to deploy my more ascendant qualities. How was your doo-doo? Fresh I hope. grin grin grin

á la carte
TV
Re: Homosexuality by Akin1212(m): 6:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
TV01:

Your assertion below directly contradicts your opening statement above. To claim that humans are "nothing but animals" is your wholly subjective position.

Even if we allow for a categorisation protocol based on an agreed group of criteria, that does not discount additional or different criteria yielding further or additional distinctions. Are humans animals, in a manner of speaking sure. Are humans more than just animals? absolutely.

The fact is, humans are imprinted with the image of God. Humans possess a higher consciousness, intellect and ability to reason in an abstract sense. Further, human beings are not driven purely by instinct in their motivations and aspirations and, are capable of morally based actions.

You are free in your taxonomy to include or exclude any or, all of the characteristics I have listed. But please, don't come over all holier-than-thou cheesy, labelling a brother subjective and introducing non-animalistic attributes such as reasoning grin.

á la carte
TV

Humans are animals, this position is an objective position backed by embryology, comparative anatomy, histology, physiology, and biochemistry. It is not subjective.

However, show a peer reviewed academic paper that backs your subjective and egoistic claim that humans are not animals. Or are you just arguing from ignorance as usual?

So because humans have an advantage to reason logically more than other animals, therefore humans are not animals? Lol

Well, I have bad news, one gorilla have the strength of 4 adult human males, does that advantage also make a gorilla to be more than an animal?

The question is, did you lose your capability to reason?
Your position is only backed by typing useless epistles and human ego which are not useful here or anywhere in the world. When you realize that even enzymes of pigs and gorillas will carry out the same functions in humans, I hope it's not too late for your kids who would have an illiterate for a father.
Re: Homosexuality by MuttleyLaff: 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
Akin1212:
Lol, there's no level of ignorance I will not see here on Nairaland.

Is a lion not an animal?
Is a goat not an animal?
Is a human not an animal?

The same way a lion will never ever mate successfully with a goat or any other animal is how a human will not mate successfully with other animals, but that does not make a human being less of an animal.
Lion can mate with other animals in same genus as it is, case in point male lion to a female tiger, or a male tiger with a female lion. similar with male donkey and a female horse to get a mule. Now tell me, what will human beings mate with and successfully reproduce with?

Akin1212:
Your humanistic ego might not let you accept this fact, but humans are animals and nothing can change that. There is nothing like more than being animals. There is no classification called human, humans fall under the kingdom Animalia.

You people should stop embracing ignorance.
In ordinary use, animal means all living beings except humans: A lion is a wild animal, and a dog is a domestic animal
ANIMAL | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/animal

Synonyms: Noun
beast, beastie, brute, creature, critter

Listen, my friend, we know the real meaning of the word human is an animal belonging to the genus Homo but I feel sorry for you if you think you're an animal. Animal is a word, human beings use to explain what is not a human. Case in point, when someone does something "animalistic" we use the word animal against them, to call out their behavior. Yoruba will call such person "eranko meh"and Ibo might say "ewu"

Academicians, might say we are animals, but who wants that distinction? You? Have I got your blessing and permission to call you animal from now on whenever I feel like?

You've been like a dog with a bone with TV01 on this. Kilode? Give it a rest, its not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality by TV01(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
Akin1212:
Humans are animals, this position is an objective position backed by embryology, comparative anatomy, histology, physiology, and biochemistry. It is not subjective.
And, I have not for once disputed the fact that humans can be classified as animals. If we agree a taxonomy based on your choice of limited and subjective use of physical criteria, why not? My point has always been that, based on additional or, different criteria, human beings can be considered more than, or different to brute beasts.

Akin1212:
However, show a peer reviewed academic paper that backs your subjective and egoistic claim that humans are not animals. Or are you just arguing from ignorance as usual?
I am not arguing at all, merely stating my wholly permitted and reasoned position regards the categorisation of living creatures - whilst not denying you your own.

Akin1212:
So because humans have an advantage to reason logically more than other animals, therefore humans are not animals? Lol Well, I have bad news, one gorilla have the strength of 4 adult human males, does that advantage also make a gorilla to be more than an animal?
And, I have good news. One human is able to create and manage the technology with the power of 4'000 apes. If I deem that ability a differentiator and criteria worthy of making a distinction betwixt human and ape, who are you to gainsay?

Akin1212:
The question is, did you lose your capability to reason?
Sir, you are like an ape showing aggression towards it's own reflection cheesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMHnNF2rqpI

Akin1212:
Your position is only backed by typing useless epistles and human ego which are not useful here or anywhere in the world. When you realize that even enzymes of pigs and gorillas will carry out the same functions in humans, I hope it's not too late for your kids who would have an illiterate for a father.
My kids are being taught that they are fearfully and wonderfully made. With infinite meaning and, an eternal destiny. Presumably you ate yours raw grin.

The ascendant
TV

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality by Akin1212(m): 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
TV01:
And, I have not for once disputed the fact that humans can be classified as animals. If we agree a taxonomy based on your choice of limited and subjective use of physical criteria, why not? My point has always been that, based on additional or, different criteria, human beings can be considered more than, or different to brute beasts.

Lmao, are you turning around now?

You said humans are more than being animals, by what valid standards? Human no matter who they are are animals in scientific usage. And this is the most objective position.

Any other usage is subjective and that was exactly what I told you! Just admit your bias and let's move on.

You have no proof of any other criteria, it's a physical world. Wake up from your fantasy.

TV01:

I am not arguing at all, merely stating my wholly permitted and reasoned position regards the categorisation of living creatures - whilst not denying you your own.

Now you're no more arguing after dragging the matter over some rounds? Lol. You're stating your position not on a reasoned position, but on a position acquired by faith, which assures you that you are special among other creatures, whilst you're just as useless as a goat on the street, nothing is special about man, it's just deceit. You don't need to agree.

TV01:

And, I have good news. One human is able to create and manage the technology with the power of 4'000 apes. If I deem that ability a differentiator and criteria worthy of making a distinction betwixt human and ape, who are you to gainsay?

It's just an advantage of difference. It still doesn't make the human more than an animal. If one human and one gorilla are kept in a cage, one one one, no other item is allowed, the gorilla will triumph.

TV01:

Sir, you are like an ape showing aggression towards it's own reflection cheesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMHnNF2rqpI

Lol, what an irony cheesy

TV01:

My kids are being taught that they are fearfully and wonderfully made. With infinite meaning and, an eternal destiny. Presumably you ate yours raw grin.

The ascendant
TV

Lol, infinite destiny my foot. Keep lying to those kids. They might as well grow up to know you for the liar that you are. Lying for Jesus grin.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality by TV01(m): 11:32am On Feb 21, 2019
Akin1212:
Lmao, are you turning around now?
Turning, from what, from where The fact that one classification system can be applied means that no other one can be? And, if a classification is used, it therefore follows that all the attributes/behaviours of the things so classed should be equalised?

Akin1212:
You said humans are more than being animals, by what valid standards? Human no matter who they are are animals in scientific usage. And this is the most objective position.
Yes, all considered, whilst humans may biologically be classed as animals, in the entirety of their beings there are categorically different to mere brute beasts. Because a "scientific" framework is the only one permitted? Or because science as you understand it knows, or has the answer to everything? And, AKIN1212 is objectively able to make that assertion?. Such hubris, and on full frontal display grin

Akin1212:
Any other usage is subjective and that was exactly what I told you! Just admit your bias and let's move on.
Again, that is merely your opinion, which does not stand scrutiny. As for bias, your unyielding insistence on seeing nothing beyond the physical is a reflection of both your blinkeredness and pride.

Akin1212:
You have no proof of any other criteria, it's a physical world. Wake up from your fantasy.
Indeed, you should open your eyes and see that which is self evident. Are consciousness and intellect merely physical? Human beings are a higher class of being than animals - regardless of the fact that they share some commonality and in a purely physical or material sense can be classed as animals

Akin1212:
Now you're no more arguing after dragging the matter over some rounds? Lol. You're stating your position not on a reasoned position, but on a position acquired by faith, which assures you that you are special among other creatures,
Arguing? I was never arguing with you, merely stating truth and charitably endeavouring to enlighten you. You on the other hand remained steadfastly confused by your own reflection tongue.

Akin1212:
whilst you're just as useless as a goat on the street, nothing is special about man, You don't need to agree.
Here again the incoherence of your own logic is glaring. If humans are but animals, why raise them any differently?

Akin1212:
It's just an advantage of difference. It still doesn't make the human more than an animal. If one human and one gorilla are kept in a cage, one one one, no other item is allowed, the gorilla will triumph.
"More" is your choice in this instance. I use the term "different". And rightly so as the degree of magnitude in that difference demands it.

Akin1212:
Lol, infinite destiny my foot. Keep lying to those kids. They might as well grow up to know you for the liar that you are. Lying for Jesus grin.
I would counsel otherwise, but feel free to raise your kids emphasising they are no more or better than goats. Again, the incoherence of your own logic is glaring. If humans are mere animals, why raise them any differently?

Truly the bible attests that the "fear of God is the beginning of wisdom", and, "the fool has said in his heart there is no God". All your prating is bound up in your insistence that there is nothing beyond the physical, which is tied to your denial of God's existence. Not something you can objectively claim. Let me leave you in peace lest you start to think you can succeed in dragging me into the mud with you grin.

Ascending higher
TV

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Months After Becoming A Christian, Pretty Saudi Woman Marries In Church / Rccg Convention Live On Tv / Is It A Sin To Burn A Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.