Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,965 members, 7,835,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Watch This Before You Say I Do (matthew 19:5) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Watch This Before You Say I Do (matthew 19:5) (781 Views)

Before You Say "I Do" Test Drive The Engine / 19 Real Struggles Of Girls With Big Thighs / "You Really Shouldn't Say 'I Love You' Unless You Mean It" - Jessica - Age 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watch This Before You Say I Do (matthew 19:5) by baoku: 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2010
"And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?"Matthew 19:5

Recently I was ruminating on the passage of the Bible above. I asked myself,why did God ask men to leave their parents that have so much laboured and invested on them and, cleave to their wife. By cleaving, I understand that you have to live to please your wife at the expense of your parents in all things and at all times. It seems an herculean task. I also realised that the word "wife" in God's view is as defined in Prov 31-A virtous wife.

The wisdom here is that, God is telling men not to marry a woman that they dont love more than their parents. He Has laid down a guideline on the qualities to watch out for in a woman. If you marry the wrong one,you have disobeyed God.The penalty is that you are hooked as long as she lives (1Cor 7:39). You will leave to manage the problem for the rest of your life.You will live in pain if you find yourself with a wife that hates her inlaw. Genarally speaking,many wives sees their mother inlaw a big problem and they are not ready to study and understand them.They have forgotten that they are mother inlaw to be.

The same thing goes to women,pls dont marry a man that doesnt want to see your people. Put him to test to see if he loves you more than his parents. A man that doesnt love you more than his parents is not your man.

God knows that the love between children and their parents is very strong. But He expects that the love between a man and his wife should be much more stronger in order to have a blissful home.

Every child in his/her right senses loves and respects his/her parents hence, God is saying that apart from every other factors to be considered before you say I do, make sure you put your partner to test on this last point.

Finally, to the married, if you are in problem as a result of your ignorance, dont seek for divorce.It will worsen the situation.You wont be fit for heaven anymore.The solution is PRAYER. Separate your immediate family from your extended one as much as possible. Show your partner more love, because love covers many sins.
Re: Watch This Before You Say I Do (matthew 19:5) by MrCork1: 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2010
ok bro, do u need a woman or not?? gademmit!!!

(1) (Reply)

Can Love Of A Man Supersedes Every Oher Thing In A Relationship? / Relationship Conflicts / I Love Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.