Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats (28220 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks 2 LP Reps Members: Nwodo, Okereke; Affirms Oke, Anayo (PDP) / Peter Obi Visits Nnia Nwodo, Ohaneze Ndigbo President (photos) / Fani-kayode Speaks On Stopping Nwodo, Clark From Flying To Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by dre11(m): 6:41am On Jan 27, 2019
•Anambra gov. lashes out at Ohanaeze, leader, says they are saboteurs

•History will judge who amongst us is idiotic -Nwodo

by Nwanosike Onu, Awka and Emma Elekwa, Onitsha

An angry Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State allegedly lashed out on phone at the President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr. Nnia Nwodo on Thursday in reaction to the group’s endorsement of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for next month’s election.

Obiano, who was disappointed that the endorsement came on a day President Muhammadu Buhari commissioned the Mausoleum of Nigeria’s first President, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe in Onitsha, reportedly described the action of Ohanaeze and its president as idiotic.

Nwodo was said to have been shocked by the tone of the governor’s language and wondered why the matter could not be trashed out in a brotherly discussion.

He later sent a text message to the governor saying: “Your Excellency, Gov. Obiano, I was surprised to receive a call from you a few minutes ago in which you said the following words ‘Nnia, I didn’t know that you were so idiotic’

“I am shocked that you can be so insolent.

“I am sure that I was not so idiotic when I addressed your State Assembly asking Ndi Anambra to disregard the IPOB boycott of your election nor was I idiotic when I pleaded with the Commander in Chief to restore your security details.”

“History will judge who amongst us is idiotic. If standing with the popular wish of Ndigbo makes me idiotic, I am happy to be called an idiot.”

The Anambra State Government on Friday formally dissociated itself and the people of the state from the Ohanaeze endorsement of Atiku.

It followed it up with a press conference at Agulu yesterday by the Secretary to the State Government, Prof Solo Chukwulobelu, where it branded the action of Ohanaeze as an act of sabotage.

Chukwulobelu, who stood in for the governor at the press conference, claimed yesterday that Nwodo, whose father served as Minister under Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, stabbed him in the back.

He said the endorsement of the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and his running mate, Peter Obi, by Ohaneze Ndigbo was a slap on Zik’s face in Igboland.

His words: “We’re not part of that decision. Our position as far as the presidential election is concerned is to keep neutrality in order not to hurt anybody and the fortunes of the Igbo in national polity.

“From history, the Ohanaeze had failed on four occasions where they endorsed certain presidential candidates. Shall we continue that way all the time?

“That purported endorsement by the Ohanaeze was a stab in the back to the Igbo and what we are saying is that we are not part of it”

Obiano added that Anambra was mostly angered that all these happened on a day President Muhammadu Buhari was in the state to honour the late pioneer president, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, by commissioning the Zik’s Mausoleum in Onitsha

Obiano said, “We had expected Ohanaeze leaders to participate actively in the commissioning ceremony of the Zik Mausoleum, Onitsha, Anambra State, but they didn’t consider it an honour to be part of that historic occasion.

“We have read bits of the communiqué purportedly issued by the Ohanaeze leadership. We regret that they do not reflect the position of the people and Government of Anambra State.”

“The position of the Anambra State Government is that Ohaneze should remain a united organisation umbrella for all Ndigbo, and should not take sides with any party.”

“There are major leaders in all political parties, including the three major ones in Nigeria, namely, APGA, APC and PDP.

“It is deeply regrettable that the Ohanaeze leadership has chosen to go down a divisive trajectory capable of setting back Igbo unity for several years.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/endorsement-obiano-nwodo-trade-insults-telephone-chats/

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Fuckuignos(f): 6:49am On Jan 27, 2019
I once paid a man to read my entire Nairaland archive. Within minutes he started convulsing, chewing his tongue off and clawing at his eyes. I reckon it says more about him than me.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Evablizin(f): 6:58am On Jan 27, 2019
Obiano should stop wailing. Atiku/Obi2019.

182 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by DrGoodman: 7:00am On Jan 27, 2019
Ohaneze has spoken, APC wailers can go and jump into the lagoon.

133 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Egalitarian1: 7:13am On Jan 27, 2019
Ohaneze should have given "restructuring" as the only reason for its adoption of Atiku/Obi ticket as that has been the organization's sole demand for long time ago. Other reasons aside that remain inconsequential and politically damaging! As for Gov Obiano,it's either he is tipsy or starkly drunk to have called Dr Nwodo an idiot if truly he did.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by ekiyorA(m): 7:15am On Jan 27, 2019
If Atiku does not win,Ohaneze will start listing positions that should be occupied by igbos,and when not given they cry marginalization.

108 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:17am On Jan 27, 2019
ekiyorA:
If Atiku does not win,Ohaneze will start listing positions that should be occupied by igbos,and when not given they cry marginalization.

If everyone should support Buhari

Why then the need for an election?

You my friend ... Don't know anything about politics

189 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Hafeexla(m): 7:20am On Jan 27, 2019
Evablizin:
Obiano should stop wailing.
Atiku/Obi2019.
They are surely going to win, buh that is winning on the people of lefledum area.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by hollywater: 7:20am On Jan 27, 2019
Obiano is a mad man.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by tsinzu: 7:24am On Jan 27, 2019
Obiano should shut up, no reasonable person wants to be associated with an evil incarate like Buhari

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:26am On Jan 27, 2019
hollywater:
Obiano is a mad man.

He is obviously isolated and a drowning fellow

Obiano is a Fool

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:26am On Jan 27, 2019
Hafeexla:
They are surely going to win, buh that is winning on the people of lefledum area.

My Yoruba Muslim friend

Shut Up

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by globemoney01: 7:28am On Jan 27, 2019
hollywater:
Obiano is a mad man.
Obiano has done the right thing. Did ohaneze share part of the atiku dollars with you? The action of ohaneze is idiotic

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by globemoney01: 7:28am On Jan 27, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:

He is obviously isolated and a drowning fellow

Obiano is a Fool
We shall know who is a drowning man after the elections.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by globemoney01: 7:30am On Jan 27, 2019
DrGoodman:
Ohaneze has spoken, APC wailers can go and jump into the lagoon.
Ohaneze cannot deliver any votes for Atiku.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Masama: 7:31am On Jan 27, 2019
I agree, Buhari is an idiot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Vinstel: 7:33am On Jan 27, 2019
Obiano is big fool. It's like he wants to end his tenure in disgrace.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Vinstel: 7:34am On Jan 27, 2019
globemoney01:

And it is the idiotic obiano that will deliver Anambra votes to Buhari abi?

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by KunleyY19(m): 7:35am On Jan 27, 2019
Ohanaeze Political OT is low ...

They need another ZIK if not you will continue to be the whipping boys of Nigerian Politics...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Equity311987: 7:38am On Jan 27, 2019
Masama:
I agree, Buhari is an idiot
Nwodo is an idiot not Buhari

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Calers: 7:38am On Jan 27, 2019
Like it or not Buhari will defeat Atiku hands down

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Ruddyman(m): 7:39am On Jan 27, 2019
Ohanaeze stand is the stand of the Igbo's ....No sensible Igbo man will vote for APC talkless of PMB...

On this note, I stand with them

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by elgramz: 7:41am On Jan 27, 2019
globemoney01:

Ohaneze don't need to deliver any votes to Atiku because he already has our votes. Obiano is talking anyhow because he has already won second term. He should have done this nonsense before contesting for second term let's cure that his madness. Foolish man!!

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by elgramz: 7:42am On Jan 27, 2019
Calers:
Like it or not Buhari will defeat Atiku hands down
Like it or not, Buhari is going back to Daura this year

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by globemoney01: 7:42am On Jan 27, 2019
Vinstel:

And it is the idiotic obiano that will deliver Anambra votes to Buhari abi?
Has Obiano told you he is endorsing anyone? Your not bright

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by globemoney01: 7:45am On Jan 27, 2019
elgramz:

Ohaneze don't need to deliver any votes to Atiku because he already has our votes. Obiano is talking anyhow because he has already won second term. He should have done this nonsense before contesting for second term let's cure that his madness. Foolish man!!
Atiku has which our votes? Ipob has a larger movement than ohaneze in SE and they have not endorsed anyone. There is no where ndigbo agreed to vote Atiku or Buhari, you are free to speak for yourself. I’m igbo an I,m not voting for butiku

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by globemoney01: 7:46am On Jan 27, 2019
Ruddyman:
Ohanaeze stand is the stand of the Igbo's ....No sensible Igbo man will vote for APC talkless of PMB...

On this note, I stand with them
No sensible Igbo man will equally vote for pdp. Ohaneze stand is idiotic

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by Megatrix: 7:48am On Jan 27, 2019
Obiano is the one who is idiotic

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats by elgramz: 7:48am On Jan 27, 2019
globemoney01:

Atiku has which our votes? Ipob has a larger movement than ohaneze in SE and they have not endorsed anyone. There is no where ndigbo agreed to vote Atiku or Buhari, you are free to speak for yourself. I’m igbo an I,m not voting for butiku
Oh!! Now you are an IPOB supporter? You are a well known propagandist for obiano on nairaland so you better stop deceiving yourself. Obiano is just too petty, because of his personal disagreement with Obi, he wants to undermine the will of ndigbo. Let him continue, very soon he will find himself in the company of efulefus. Even Ngige who is a member of APC can not call the president of Ohaneze an idiot but Obiano is showing us that he loves Buhari more than everybody. Tell that your foolish master to speak for himself, he is not speaking for Ndi Anambra.

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Troops Repelled Attempt On Mada, Rescues Women In Firigi - Defence HQ / Fayose Buys And Shares Bananas To Kids In Ekiti (photos) / Buratai Looks Corporate As Okorocha Hosts Him & Others To State Dinner In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.