Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:21 PM

Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads (24034 Views)

FG Returns Toll Gates On Federal Roads / No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors / 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
SpyAC:
pls show me with proof, will really hppy to knw

SE: Ofeme community road network and bridges in Abia State;

SS: construction of Bodo-Bonny road and bridges across Opobo Channel in Rivers State; and rehabilitation of Benin City – Asaba road in Edo State

3 Likes

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Gbless86: 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
#UNILEVER DAT COULDN'T PAY OUR LAST QUARTER INCENTIVES WANTS TO EMBARK ON ROAD CONSTRUCTION.
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
Artzdanielsz:
By their comment you will know these are paid mercenaries. What happens to our tax money. These companies are going to collect toll gate fees. Isnt this double taxation

Where did you see the FG mention tolling?

They are paying for it via their taxes.

That settles it

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by bunmconig(m): 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
pdp wailers right now

3 Likes

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2019
Kizzybenrazzy:
Please what of South-south and South-east federal roads these areas are oil producers and important to the economy of Nigeria. Southern,Eastern are left behind by dis current administration

SS: construction of Bodo-Bonny road and bridges across Opobo Channel in Rivers State; and rehabilitation of Benin City – Asaba road in Edo State

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by samonsuru(m): 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
Sirjamo:
With One trillion dollars in oil revenue over a 16 year period, the calamitous PDP refused to construct all these roads.The PDP have committed crime against humanity and needs to face war crime in the hague. Forward with Buhari.

God bless president Buhari for digging us out of the dungeon of PDP, we must make sure not to return there again.
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
celeiyke:

Buhari hatred for Ndigbo is legendary. So in the south east only a community road will be fixed whereas in other regions long distance roads will be fixed

Phase 1.

Besides the hatred you igbos have for him is beyond legendary

4 Likes

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by papaa4: 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
Dangote don become a construction company. Is better dey give him all important tins in 9ja like (NEPA)
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by SpyAC(m): 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
Tetehjewels:

lol, u make me laugh in Swahili, pls my advice for is, wake up bf is late on u
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by netpro(m): 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
ezehy:

I don't really post here but what the f*ck, its private investors and not your tax my brother, me too can now construct road and build many toll gates

Shut up. Go and read the post and stop disgracing yourself.

FYI, President Buhari signed an executive order earlier that grant any Private establishment the privilege to build or renovate any public infrastructure in exchange for tax relief over an agreed period of time.

It is a win-win situation for Nigeria. Because:

- Nigerians will enjoy development for taxes that are not even due yet.
- We get to skip the usual budget padding by legislatives.
- Companies get to spend now to save in future.

It is a very commendable example of Public-Private sector partnership. God bless President Muhammadu Buhari for the foresight towards national development.

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
SpyAC:
lol, u make me laugh in Swahili, pls my advice for is, wake up bf is late on u

Your soul, body and spirit are clearly still asleep
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by docadams: 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
celeiyke:

Buhari hatred for Ndigbo is legendary. So in the south east only a community road will be fixed whereas in other regions long distance roads will be fixed

I am equally surprised but cannot attribute it to any hatred. How can he hate the SE? Until one sees the criteria used a conclusion cannot be drawn. Know that the private companies will definitely have a tremendous bearing on the whole issue.
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
netpro:

Shut up. Go and read the post and stop disgracing yourself.

FYI, President Buhari signed an executive order earlier that grant any Private establishment the privilege to build or renovate any public infrastructure in exchange for tax relief over an agreed period of time.

It is a win-win situation for Nigeria. Because:

- Nigerians will enjoy development for taxes that are not even due yet.
- We get to skip the usual budget padding by legislatives.
- Companies get to spend now to save in future.

It is a very commendable example of Public-Private sector partnership. God bless President Muhammadu Buhari for the foresight towards national development.

Plus it makes for faster delivery of constructions and a wider spread

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by HimName: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
ProudBoy:
May God punish anybody who tell me to vote PDP.

My brother, u pray well.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by COMPAQ(m): 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
amhelpless:
who send them? the refinery and the factories belong to him, how can only Dangote have sole right to import sugar to Nigeria , why?

Dangote may be the biggest but I doubt that he has the sole right to import everything or anything. To the best of my knowledge dangote is not the sole importer of cements or manufacture of cement neither is he the sole importer or manufacturer of sugar or wheat or any other things that he produces
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by netpro(m): 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Plus it makes for faster delivery of constructions and a wider spread

Exactly. They will have to complete it in time to enjoy the tax exemption benefits. No private company will waste money on endless frivolities like in normal government projects.
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
netpro:

Exactly. They will have to complete it in time to enjoy the tax exemption benefits. No private company will waste money on endless frivolities like in normal government projects.

Besides that I am sure we would begin to see even smaller companies stepping up to handle even smaller projects like water supply to communities, roads to rural communities, solar power distribution to rural communities, etc

The possibilities are almost endless
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by HimName: 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hmmm

Another move 'initiated' by PDP and now being claimed by APC.
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by COMPAQ(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
It's also of benefit to some of these companies because in many cases they might be utilising their excess capacity to construct these road. take for example dangote cement as important as cement is in this country its not a guarantee that dangote is able to sell everything that he produces so rather than keeping cement as inventory he's able to utilise that cement to do road therefore the actual incremental cost to dangote for doing these roads may not be as much as one thinks
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by xplode556: 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
I'm voting for APC for this singular reason.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Sunmolar(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
anjigirl:
Construct your road and instal toll gate That is the only way forward
tolling is a way backward. the way forward is giving tax waivers to those companies.
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Maket: 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
zeromeridian:
Where is SS and SE in these?
Abia from south east
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Maket: 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
HimName:
Hmmm

Another move 'initiated' by PDP and now being claimed by APC.
Nothing do you. Be there initiating like party initiator.
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by MyGeneration(m): 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
dingbang:
Toll gates should be reinstalled
that will be an own goal to the investor constructing it because when they hand it over to the federal government after they have completed the tax payments. That means there company will start paying toll to the fg.
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by dingbang(m): 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
MyGeneration:
that will be an own goal to the investor constructing it because when they hand it over to the federal government after they have completed the tax payments. That means there company will start paying toll to the fg.
you are right. But what about maintenance? Maybe the monies gotten from the toll should be used to maintain the fed road
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by HimName: 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
Maket:
Nothing do you. Be there initiating like party initiator.
grin

My bro try check my posts.

Thunder scatter PDP and their IPOB supporters.

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by GospelAkede: 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
If you believe that Nigeria will be great again you need to listen, download and share this song as your own quota to see Nigeria great again.
#It is well with Nigeria
#Nigeria shall be great again
#I believe in Prayer

Click on the link below to download this song
https://www.reverbnation.com/thenewproclaimers/song/22914382-it-is-well-with-nigeria
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Myde4naija(m): 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
litaninja:
The govt is handing the duties expected to private parties and you're clapping. Do you understand that the taxes you pay are for these roads
if all roads are constructed that means no one will pay tax?

Weytin dey worry all this educated illiterate sef
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by gomeks(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
litaninja:
The govt is handing the duties expected to private parties and you're clapping. Do you understand that the taxes you pay are for these roads
How much tax do you pay, you that always evade tax.
Re: Dangote, Unilever, NLNG, Three Other Investors To Construct 19 Federal Roads by Basic123: 2:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
anjigirl:
If you see Ibadan now compared to PDP days you will realize PDP is one evil party

I AM A BIG TESTIMONY TO THIS!

It's just that some people in that city are too forgetful and love Amala politics!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy: NLC Issues Seven-Day Nationwide Strike Notice / Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf / Call For Competition To Compose Nigeria's National Anthem (1960 Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.