Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,864 members, 7,848,504 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf (23655 Views)

Federal Ministry Of Humanitarian Affairs Shows Its Credentials / See Buhari Twitter Posts Before He Was President And Now He Is President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by ijustdey: 1:09pm On May 20
Nothing In Katsina Shows One Of Its Sons, Buhari Was President For 8 Years –Ex-NHIS Boss

A former executive secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme and member of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), Prof Usman Yusuf, has accused former President Muhammadu Buhari of neglecting his home state, Katsina, throughout his eight-year tenure.

Yusuf, who spoke while featuring on a Channels Television programme on Sunday, noted that Buhari’s administration executed legacy projects in different parts of the country but failed to do any meaningful projects in the North West zone of the country.

He said even though the northern region had a “good representation” in Buhari’s government, there was nothing to show for it.

Yusuf said, “The chief of staff was the one who pushed for the creation of the NEDC. Now, there is a Vice President, National Security Adviser and others from the north. What are they doing to address this issue? But we complain in the North West that we had a president that we never got anything from.

Go to Katsina today where I come from, there is nothing to show we had a president for eight years. In the North West, let him tell us what he has done."

Yusuf, who was sacked in 2019, as Executive Secretary NHIS, seven months after he was recommended for dismissal, insisted that Buhari did not do much to develop in his home state, Katsina and North generally.

He couldn’t even complete the Abuja-Kano highway for eight years. How much neglectful can that be?

Yusuf, who also blamed the governors of the northern region for the poor level of development there, asked, “What are the governors also doing?”
https://saharareporters.com/2024/05/20/nothing-katsina-shows-one-its-sons-buhari-was-president-8-years-ex-nhis-boss#:~:text=Yusuf%2C%20who%20was%20sacked%20in,much%20neglectful%20can%20that%20be%3F%E2%80%9D

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by FreeStuffsNG: 1:10pm On May 20
Smh. He is lying .
In the first place, that ex-NHIS Secretary is a very controversial person and was practically booted out of office for serious alleged case of fighting every stakeholder in NHIS and his poor human relations/leadership skill.

Secondly, President Buhari is not the President of Katsina alone, he is the President of the whole Federal Republic of Nigeria so it's inappropriate to raise controversy that he should be measured by what his govt achieved in his home state. President Buhari is not the
Governor of Katsina state.

To prove that the man is lying, the records of FG projects in Katsina during the reign of President Buhari is in the public domain and it's incredibly impressive for posterity. From inland dry port to university to Federal Teaching hospitals to train , highways etc, President Buhari did a lot for Kastina, North West and Nigeria as a whole. Here is just a quick list as at 2018 https://medium.com/@BuhariOsinbajo2019/buhari-administration-projects-in-north-west-nigeria-e918937b7cda

Take the lamentations from this ex-NHIS Secretary serious at your own peril. He was fired from office by President Buhari after his sack was recommended by a committee that investigated him.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by nedu666: 1:12pm On May 20
Lies

Transport university duara
Naval and army forward base duara

And so many more......

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Christistruth00: 1:14pm On May 20
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. He is lying

Exactly

Buhari gave Katsina

Transport University
Airstrip
Railway to Kano and Niger Republic
Airforce Hospital
Big Military Base
Federal Polytechnic

And that is only few of what he did for them

https://punchng.com/daura-buharis-hometown-with-many-dividends-of-democracy/#:~:text=He%20appealed%20for%20the%20completion,Government%20Areas%20of%20Daura%20Emirate.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Teetee777: 1:14pm On May 20
Maybe he never go to Daura, the home of Buhari, you will see many things in Daura village. I always go to Daura every Sunday for salaah livestock I know what I'm saying.

29 Likes

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by magoo10(m): 1:22pm On May 20
He gave them bandits as one of the achievements.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by NwaliE01: 1:45pm On May 20
nedu666:
Lies

Transport university duara
Naval and army forward base duara

And so many more......

Which so many.. it's only buildings. Bro, I served in Kastina in 2017.

There's absolutely nothing in Kastina at the time. I was wondering how they made someone from that remote village a president.

It still baffles me till today. When I saw Kastina, I stopped expecting anything tangible from Buhari and I wasn't disappointed.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Paraman: 1:49pm On May 20
Go to Daura and see what he did there

1 Like

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Melagros(m): 1:52pm On May 20
COMRADES are laughing at Buhari right now grin grin
If there is any word that is more severe than FAILURE kindly attach it to Buhari grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by LexngtonSteele: 2:14pm On May 20
grin

That's what Northerners say. If you like, no chop well for your own turn.

Buhari fooled Amaechi who just pushed projects to the North thinking of " anointing oil".

Didn't know Tinubu is a Don Dada.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by okoro: 2:14pm On May 20
What about University of transportation? These Bitter Obi people no just get sense

5 Likes

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by aylive02(m): 2:15pm On May 20
NwaliE01:

Which so many.. it's only buildings. Bro, I served in Kastina in 2017.

There's absolutely nothing in Kastina at the time. I was wondering how they made someone from that remote village a president.

It still baffles me till today. When I saw Kastina, I stopped expecting anything tangible from Buhari and I wasn't disappointed.
. I also served in Katsina town a year after you left. The city is empty!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Skyfornia(m): 2:16pm On May 20
The humble pay for the mistakes of their leaders
Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by zombieHUNTER: 2:17pm On May 20
Buhari was a waste pipe

we all agree

but the blind part of the South chant his praises for eight years straight .

They've since turned their selfish support to Tinubu who vowed to continue where Buhari stopped ..

see the one above, who thinks Usman Yusuf is an Igbo man, what a brain tumor

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Faposky95: 2:17pm On May 20
Not true......
Jona cannot show anything in Bayelsa too.....
But the diff is 7up.....
No compare zobo and red wine abeg ohhh

2 Likes

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by KHAYGOLD(m): 2:17pm On May 20
The name Buhari should be included in the dictionary with the meaning attached to it as backwardness. Nigeria was backward by 8years og his rulership. Nothing about him interests or favors Nigerians. He is corrupt, he doesn't obey rule of law, he is a bigot, he is a terrorist sympathizer (President of Fulani Killer Herdsmen)....among others.

7 Likes

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by EmiloCorn: 2:17pm On May 20
okoro:
What about University of transportation? These Bitter Obi people no just get sense

Don't mind them grin they will cry till 2031

1 Like

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Danjuma04(m): 2:17pm On May 20
so you wanted him to focus on the state for development abi?
Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by casualobserver: 2:17pm On May 20
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. He is lying .
In the first place, that ex-NHIS Secretary is a very controversial person and was practically booted out of office for serious alleged case of poor leadership skill.

Secondly, President Buhari is not the President of Katsina alone, he is the President of the whole Federal Republic of Nigeria so it's inappropriate to raise controversy that he should be measured by what his govt achieved in his home state. President Buhari is not the

To prove that the man is lying, the records of FG projects in Katsina during the reign of President Buhari is in the public domain and it's incredibly impressive for posterity. From inland dry port to university to Federal Teaching hospitals to train , highways etc, President Buhari did a lot for Kastina, North West and Nigeria as a whole. Here is just a quick list as at 2018 https://medium.com/@BuhariOsinbajo2019/buhari-administration-projects-in-north-west-nigeria-e918937b7cda

Take the lamentations from this ex-NHIS Secretary serious at your own peril. He was fired from office by President Buhari after his sack was recommended by a committee that investigated him.

He should first ask himself what he did for his people when Buhari appointed him NHIS secretary. Shebi he too is from Katsina?

8 Likes

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by omoadeleye(m): 2:18pm On May 20
Ok
Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by muyico(m): 2:19pm On May 20
Leave baba alone? Baba don do his best! If his best not enough? Dat is una prblms!

3 Likes

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Ogonimilitant(m): 2:19pm On May 20
This is to tell those who voted Buhari and Tinubu are ethnic bigots. The politicians will always decieve with divisive rythorics.

Keep allowing you political leaders decieve you. The only tribe still buying properties and selling in Lagos and Abuja are Igbos in the Majority and Politicians. They have the purchasing power. This Administration is favouring them more than any tribe. Is this not an irony?

What we need as a Leader is one who loves Nigeria and Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Bayajjidda: 2:19pm On May 20
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. He is lying .
In the first place, that ex-NHIS Secretary is a very controversial person and was practically booted out of office for serious alleged case of poor leadership skill.

are these free stuffs you've been parading and hawking not edible?

3 Likes

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Fiscus105(m): 2:20pm On May 20
What about university of transportation that amechi sited thr?

Federal poly among others in daura alone.

3 Likes

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by blueghost(m): 2:20pm On May 20
They have seen nothing yet. It's becoming clear that we've wasted eight years on mismanagement and looting. One of the biggest issues facing Nigerians is the deep-rooted tribalism and religious divisions. Whenever the masses start to unite and demand good governance and accountability, politicians exploit these divisions to maintain control.

It's disheartening to see some people turn a blind eye to corruption and poor leadership just because the person in power shares their tribe or religion. This mentality must change if we want to see real development in Nigeria.

For example, the Minister of Aviation celebrating free Wi-Fi in airports as if it's a major achievement highlights how out of touch our leaders can be. They enjoy the best resources and leave the masses with scraps, yet many people still idolize them and fail to hold them accountable. We have a lot of work to do in Nigeria to overcome these challenges and build a better future.

3 Likes

Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by sacajawea: 2:20pm On May 20
This guy...
Re: Nothing In Katsina Shows Its Son, Buhari Was President For 8 Years – Usman Yusuf by Ejebleje: 2:20pm On May 20
It shows in their respective bank accounts

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Condems Xenophobia / Bawa: "EFCC Is Investigating Source Of Money Used In Buying Nomination Forms" / Buhari Or No Buhari, "North Must Retain Presidency Till 2023"- Arewa Youth Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.